Gatchamania.net
Register Memberlist Staff Search FAQ Arcade Calendar Gallery Filebase Forums Home  

Gatchamania.net »[Entertainment] »Anime & Cartoons » old or new or maybe both?
Print Page | Recommend to Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Pages (5): [1]  2  3  next »  ... last »  Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page old or new or maybe both?
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Firebird
Princess Firebird..... Goddess of Swannie Fics

I am a Swan.

63 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 01-07-2002

spacer
old or new or maybe both? Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator        IP Information Go to the top of this page

Anime/cartoons have been with us for a very long time from the beinnings in black and white through to the CGI efforts we see today.

What is your favourite ANime or cartoon. Maybe you have ones you like a different points in your life?

The floor is open...

No new posts 31-01-2008 17:51 Firebird is offline Send an Email to Firebird Search for Posts by Firebird Add Firebird to your Buddy List AIM Screenname: Taishala YIM Screenname: taishala
amyltrer amyltrer is a Female
Gatchamaniac

I am an Egoblosser.

4 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 02-12-2006

spacer
Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator        IP Information Go to the top of this page

Sailor Moon. It's the show I grew up with. Sailor Saturn was my favourite. And Jupiter.
Ohh, sweet childhood memories, I can still remember....Moon Power, make up!

No new posts 31-01-2008 19:22 amyltrer is offline Send an Email to amyltrer Search for Posts by amyltrer Add amyltrer to your Buddy List YIM Screenname: amyltrer MSN Screenname: amyltrer@hotmail.com
damieon damieon is a Male
Boardie

I am an Eagle.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 26-01-2008

spacer
Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator        IP Information Go to the top of this page

Hmmm...... Hard..... I thing maybe...... Inyuyasha. Yes definatly Inyuyasha.....

What is CGI?

No new posts 31-01-2008 19:55 damieon is offline Send an Email to damieon Search for Posts by damieon Add damieon to your Buddy List YIM Screenname: slayer12052
Springie Springie is a Female
Her Royal Fluffiness...Swan of Swans...

I am a Swan.

6 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 12-06-2006

spacer

Gatchaman, of course...but I like what I've seen of Macross on You Tube...and I really like Inuyasha alot (esp. Sango and Miroku)...I just love the fluff!

There is no problem that cannot be solved with time, patience, and a judicious amount of high explosives.

No new posts 31-01-2008 20:43 Springie is offline Send an Email to Springie Homepage of Springie Search for Posts by Springie Add Springie to your Buddy List YIM Screenname: Springie MSN Screenname: Springie
Transmute Jun Transmute Jun is a Female
Queen of the Bird Missiles

I am a Swan.

40 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 04-04-2007

spacer

I'm not actually into any anime outside of Gatch, but I used to love Ren & Stimpy. Big Grin

No new posts 01-02-2008 01:00 Transmute Jun is offline Send an Email to Transmute Jun Homepage of Transmute Jun Search for Posts by Transmute Jun Add Transmute Jun to your Buddy List
CricketBeautiful
Forum God

I am a Zark.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 04-04-2004

spacer

UnderDog. ScoobyDoo. Goldorak (even though I didn't understand the language). Rocky and Bullwinkle. All those were younger, though. BOTP was the one that stuck with me.

- Viktor E. Frankl

No new posts 01-02-2008 01:01 CricketBeautiful is offline Send an Email to CricketBeautiful Homepage of CricketBeautiful Search for Posts by CricketBeautiful Add CricketBeautiful to your Buddy List YIM Screenname: cricketbeautiful MSN Screenname: cricketbeautiful@hotmail.com
Firebird

I am a Swan.

63 fics uploaded

spacer

quote:
Originally posted by damieon
Hmmm...... Hard..... I thing maybe...... Inyuyasha. Yes definatly Inyuyasha.....

What is CGI?

Computer Generated Imagery

No new posts 01-02-2008 05:17 Firebird is offline Send an Email to Firebird Search for Posts by Firebird Add Firebird to your Buddy List AIM Screenname: Taishala YIM Screenname: taishala
Firebird

I am a Swan.

63 fics uploaded

spacer

BOTP s my all time favourite outside of that transformers and I quite liked Jayce and the wheeled warriors and for the girly stuff sailor moon.

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by Firebird on 01-02-2008 at 05:19.
No new posts 01-02-2008 05:19 Firebird is offline Send an Email to Firebird Search for Posts by Firebird Add Firebird to your Buddy List AIM Screenname: Taishala YIM Screenname: taishala
kimiko kimiko is a Female
Forum God

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 23-09-2007

spacer

I haven't really seen a whole lot of Anime...obviously BOTP...Ummmm...Starblazers is the only other anime I watched regularly...

Bugs Bunny/Road Runner, Tom & Jerry, Mighty Mouse, Rocky & Bullwinkle, Underdog, Dudley Dooright, Roger Ramjet, George of the Jungle (Dad's fav), Flintstones, Scooby Doo, Snoopy & all the Peanuts gang Snoopy Dance

When I lived in Montreal we used to go downtown to the movies for Saturday family matinee. Saw practically every Disney movie made. The Aristocats, 101 Dalmations, Bambi, Robin Hood, Song of the South...just to name a few.

No new posts 01-02-2008 14:08 kimiko is offline Send an Email to kimiko Search for Posts by kimiko Add kimiko to your Buddy List
Transmute Jun Transmute Jun is a Female
Queen of the Bird Missiles

I am a Swan.

40 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 04-04-2007

spacer

Oh yeah, CGI... I keep forgetting that counts. In that case, I have to add the Toy Story movies to my list.

No new posts 01-02-2008 14:24 Transmute Jun is offline Send an Email to Transmute Jun Homepage of Transmute Jun Search for Posts by Transmute Jun Add Transmute Jun to your Buddy List
damieon damieon is a Male
Boardie

I am an Eagle.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 26-01-2008

spacer

Oh......... hmmmm idk then

No new posts 01-02-2008 16:34 damieon is offline Send an Email to damieon Search for Posts by damieon Add damieon to your Buddy List YIM Screenname: slayer12052
stardust stardust is a Female
Boardie

I am a Berg Katse.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 21-05-2004

spacer

So much Anime, so little time...
Sailormoon I still love and watch it on youtube. I also enjoyed Trinity Blood, but the ending kind of disappointed me. Yuyu Hakusho was good too.
Other old school, besides Gatch that is, would be Thundercats and Voltron.

A villain must be a thing of power, handled with delicacy and grace. He must be wicked enough to excite our aversion, strong enough to arouse our fear, human enough to awaken some transient gleam of sympathy. - Agnes Repplier

No new posts 01-02-2008 17:07 stardust is offline Send an Email to stardust Search for Posts by stardust Add stardust to your Buddy List
Gatchamaniac

I am an Egoblosser.

4 fics uploaded

spacer

I watching now Blood:The last vampire on YT. The trailers are addictive!

No new posts 01-02-2008 18:28 amyltrer is offline Send an Email to amyltrer Search for Posts by amyltrer Add amyltrer to your Buddy List YIM Screenname: amyltrer MSN Screenname: amyltrer@hotmail.com
Hinotori Hinotori is a Female
Babbling Loonie

I am an Eagle.

2 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 09-10-2007

spacer

Hmmm, BoTP/Gatch is #1 for me. I also remember watching Kimba the White Lion (I know, soooo sedate!). As soon as I finish watching the Gatch series and BoTP on DVD, I want to start watching some more Anime. I already put Star Blazers on my list, just from what I read here on the boards. I also want to start watching Naruto. I keep catching eps, but since I haven't seen it from the beginning, I don't follow the storyline that well.

Oh, one more old school was Voltron. Not sure if that's a bad word in the Gatch universe or not, but one of the reasons why I liked it so much when I was younger was because it ripped off...uh, I mean reminded me of BoTP. Now that I'm a little older and a little wiser, I really want to see GoLion and get the real Voltron story! Anyone know if it's still slated for release??

Eagle Condor Swan Swallow Hootie

No new posts 01-02-2008 23:53 Hinotori is offline Send an Email to Hinotori Search for Posts by Hinotori Add Hinotori to your Buddy List YIM Screenname: Hinotori72
Springie Springie is a Female
Her Royal Fluffiness...Swan of Swans...

I am a Swan.

6 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 12-06-2006

spacer

I felt the same way seeing Voltron the first time...I thought, "Why does this look so familiar?"
I'd love to see Go Lion, too...

But Princess kicks Allura's ass any day of the week...Allura got on my nerves...

There is no problem that cannot be solved with time, patience, and a judicious amount of high explosives.

No new posts 02-02-2008 00:54 Springie is offline Send an Email to Springie Homepage of Springie Search for Posts by Springie Add Springie to your Buddy List YIM Screenname: Springie MSN Screenname: Springie
gatchgirl
Babbling Loonie

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 08-03-2006

spacer

Allura can be annoying but Lance filled the spot when I needed a BOTP fix in the younger days.

Racer by day, Feather Thrower all the time!

No new posts 02-02-2008 11:41 gatchgirl is offline Send an Email to gatchgirl Search for Posts by gatchgirl Add gatchgirl to your Buddy List
Gatchamaniac

I am an Egoblosser.

4 fics uploaded

spacer

quote:
Originally posted by Springie

But Princess kicks Allura's ass any day of the week...Allura got on my nerves...

Hmph, Keith grated on my nerves in that show. Zarkon next. As for the blondie, couldn't she just hang up with Lotor?

No new posts 02-02-2008 12:16 amyltrer is offline Send an Email to amyltrer Search for Posts by amyltrer Add amyltrer to your Buddy List YIM Screenname: amyltrer MSN Screenname: amyltrer@hotmail.com
Babbling Loonie

I am an Eagle.

2 fics uploaded

spacer

Yeah, Princess was definitely the cooler of the two heroines. Voltron focused too much on how Allura shouldn't be out in the field.

"Ooh, Koran, I need to go help the team."
"No Princess, you mustn't!"
"I'm going, Koran."
"Princess Allura!! What would your father say?"

Blech... So much for feminism on that show (even though Allura always did go in the end!)

For the male characters, I liked Keith (hmm, it seems I have somesort of thing for Commanders!). Lance was ok, but definitely not a Jason. Pidge just annoyed the sh*t out of me. I hated his voice. Wait a minute... That's the same issue with Keyop! Wow, they really did rip off BoTP, didn't they?? Big Grin

No new posts 02-02-2008 20:51 Hinotori is offline Send an Email to Hinotori Search for Posts by Hinotori Add Hinotori to your Buddy List YIM Screenname: Hinotori72
Babbling Loonie

I am an Eagle.

2 fics uploaded

spacer

quote:
Originally posted by amyltrer
Hmph, Keith grated on my nerves in that show. Zarkon next. As for the blondie, couldn't she just hang up with Lotor?

Hmmm, I think I see a pattern here!!! ROFL 2

No new posts 02-02-2008 20:52 Hinotori is offline Send an Email to Hinotori Search for Posts by Hinotori Add Hinotori to your Buddy List YIM Screenname: Hinotori72
Gatchamaniac

I am an Egoblosser.

4 fics uploaded

spacer

quote:
Originally posted by Hinotori
quote:
Originally posted by amyltrer

Hmmm, I think I see a pattern here!!! ROFL 2

Indeed, Keith was too much Ken-ish for me! As for Lotor, face it. He was muuuuch better looking then the Keith. Even if he was only balls and no brains!

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by amyltrer on 02-02-2008 at 21:49.
No new posts 02-02-2008 21:47 amyltrer is offline Send an Email to amyltrer Search for Posts by amyltrer Add amyltrer to your Buddy List YIM Screenname: amyltrer MSN Screenname: amyltrer@hotmail.com
[1]  2  3  next »  ... last »  --> Members browsing this thread: none Pages (5): [1]  2  3  next »  ... last » 
Post New Thread Post Reply
Rate Thread: 

very bad very bad 

very good very good 

Go to: