Gatchamania.net
Register Memberlist Staff Search FAQ Arcade Calendar Gallery Filebase Forums Home  

Gatchamania.net »[Speak Up!] »General Discussion » It's snowing again Yupeee!
Print Page | Recommend to Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Pages (9): « previous  1  2  [3]  4  5  next »  ... last »  Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page It's snowing again Yupeee!
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
kimiko kimiko is a Female
Forum God

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 23-09-2007

spacer
Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator        IP Information Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by gatchgirl
Amy, how about biting into an "Easter" egg and finding one that had tried to start forming.... talk about not wanting to eat eggs for a really long time... BLECH!!!!

Actually isn't that considered a delicacy in Asia...I think I recall seeing an ep of "Fear Factor" where they had to eat them. *gag*

I remember my grandmother making breakfast for me and my brothers. She had a little hen house in her backyard and had a fresh supply of eggs. Well one of those eggs ...at least it went into the frying pan first...didn't phase Grandma one bit...then again she would occasionally wring a few chicken necks in front of us!

Never thought my Grandma and Ted Nugent would have anything in common! LOL!

No new posts 20-12-2007 13:21 kimiko is offline Send an Email to kimiko Search for Posts by kimiko Add kimiko to your Buddy List
Hinotori Hinotori is a Female
Babbling Loonie

I am an Eagle.

2 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 09-10-2007

spacer
Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator        IP Information Go to the top of this page

Amy - did you have a white Christmas?? snowing

Eagle Condor Swan Swallow Hootie

No new posts 26-12-2007 11:41 Hinotori is offline Send an Email to Hinotori Search for Posts by Hinotori Add Hinotori to your Buddy List YIM Screenname: Hinotori72
amyltrer amyltrer is a Female
Gatchamaniac

I am an Egoblosser.

4 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 02-12-2006

spacer

quote:
Originally posted by Hinotori
Amy - did you have a white Christmas?? snowing

Fortunately yes! It's the first in two years and they say it will snow again till the New Year!Animeparty

How was yours? I hope you had a great time!

No new posts 26-12-2007 12:48 amyltrer is offline Send an Email to amyltrer Search for Posts by amyltrer Add amyltrer to your Buddy List YIM Screenname: amyltrer MSN Screenname: amyltrer@hotmail.com
clouddancer clouddancer is a Female
Gatchamaniac

I am an Owl.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 10-04-2007

spacer

We had a nice white Christmas here.
And today was a beautiful suunny day with just above freezing temps, perfect weather for taking a walk with the dog.
The Weather Channel is saying that for the next week we will get about 1-2 cm of snow every day.
At this time, it looks like Wed. Jan, 2 will be a good day for traveling back home.

No new posts 26-12-2007 23:03 clouddancer is offline Send an Email to clouddancer Search for Posts by clouddancer Add clouddancer to your Buddy List
Toneman Toneman is a Male
Forum Legend

I am an Eagle.

10 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 25-11-2007

spacer

We got snow the day AFTER christmas... go figure.

Gatch Eagle Gatch

No new posts 26-12-2007 23:13 Toneman is offline Send an Email to Toneman Search for Posts by Toneman Add Toneman to your Buddy List
Transmute Jun Transmute Jun is a Female
Queen of the Bird Missiles

I am a Swan.

40 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 04-04-2007

spacer

We had a bright sunny day around 60F. (16 C)

No new posts 27-12-2007 00:56 Transmute Jun is offline Send an Email to Transmute Jun Homepage of Transmute Jun Search for Posts by Transmute Jun Add Transmute Jun to your Buddy List
Firebird
Princess Firebird..... Goddess of Swannie Fics

I am a Swan.

63 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 01-07-2002

spacer

No snow for me either but I am back at work so thats a good thing.

No new posts 27-12-2007 05:22 Firebird is offline Send an Email to Firebird Search for Posts by Firebird Add Firebird to your Buddy List AIM Screenname: Taishala YIM Screenname: taishala
Gatchamaniac

I am an Egoblosser.

4 fics uploaded

spacer

Hey my snow here it's starting to melt away! Crying4 hopefully the next session will come soon!

No new posts 27-12-2007 10:06 amyltrer is offline Send an Email to amyltrer Search for Posts by amyltrer Add amyltrer to your Buddy List YIM Screenname: amyltrer MSN Screenname: amyltrer@hotmail.com
Babbling Loonie

I am an Eagle.

2 fics uploaded

spacer

Glad you had your snow Amy! No snow for us this year - just a beautiful sunny day with temps in the 40's. It was nice though!

No new posts 27-12-2007 11:31 Hinotori is offline Send an Email to Hinotori Search for Posts by Hinotori Add Hinotori to your Buddy List YIM Screenname: Hinotori72
Gatchamaniac

I am an Egoblosser.

4 fics uploaded

spacer

quote:
Originally posted by Hinotori
Glad you had your snow Amy! No snow for us this year - just a beautiful sunny day with temps in the 40's. It was nice though!

Oh, 40 F, not Celsius I hope!

No new posts 27-12-2007 15:20 amyltrer is offline Send an Email to amyltrer Search for Posts by amyltrer Add amyltrer to your Buddy List YIM Screenname: amyltrer MSN Screenname: amyltrer@hotmail.com
Firebird
Princess Firebird..... Goddess of Swannie Fics

I am a Swan.

63 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 01-07-2002

spacer

Have you had more snow yet Amy?

No new posts 29-12-2007 14:47 Firebird is offline Send an Email to Firebird Search for Posts by Firebird Add Firebird to your Buddy List AIM Screenname: Taishala YIM Screenname: taishala
Gatchamaniac

I am an Egoblosser.

4 fics uploaded

spacer

quote:
Originally posted by Firebird

Unfortunately not, but I hope I'll get some more! This one has almost melted!

No new posts 29-12-2007 22:15 amyltrer is offline Send an Email to amyltrer Search for Posts by amyltrer Add amyltrer to your Buddy List YIM Screenname: amyltrer MSN Screenname: amyltrer@hotmail.com
Gatchamaniac

I am an Egoblosser.

4 fics uploaded

spacer

quote:
Originally posted by amyltrer
quote:
Originally posted by Firebird

Unfortunately not, but I hope I'll get some more! This one has almost melted!

OK, like one said, be carefull what you wish cuz' you might get it!

It snowing again. Grrr (this time from cold)
Actually, there's a snow blizzard, with a nice -15 C outside and the roads are soo full of snow you can no longer distinguish the roadway from the sideway. Not that this would be a problem, since the traffic is jammed as no car can drive on them.

Oh, I need some rant now! sigh

Last night I've been to a party. Finished the make-up & dress up part and got out of the block.

Most of you know the snow blizzards shows. So I had to walk through knee lenght snow about 600 meters to the home of one of my friends. Now I know how those stranded on North pole are feeling. And then the cold. It were -15 C and I was wearing only a thin v-cut party blouse, jeans and my wool coat! Forget about the make-up and hair. When I reach her block I felt like oh God thank you I'm still feeling all my limbs.

Then it will be the taxi thing. It's almost impossible to find a taxi on a snow blizzard. And we still had to go to the party.

So after 30 mins of desperate phonecalling for one, she asked her brother to give us a ride. Except the car was stuck in the snow. And the engine was frozen. Poor boy left behind up to dig out the car from under the snow

Cut to the end, after another 30 mins of hitchhiking on that weather,we found it. I couldn't feel my fingers (had no gloves, silly me) an if it would have been a minute later, I would have got a hypothermia. hypothermia .

After 1 and half hour of delay, we were there. Thanks God.

Except a boy who stood to much outside in the snow and got a hypothermick chock, the party was great! And by dumb luck, we managed to
hitchhik a taxi, just after 5 minutes.

Ah well that was all. Now, I'm having a cup of hot tea dresses up with medicins.

Amy puts her hand on her forehead.

Hmmph, not fever yet!

Now, sorry for the ranting, just ignore it! I think I'm gonna go to bed. Or to Hell. Maybe it's warmer there!

No new posts 02-01-2008 08:50 amyltrer is offline Send an Email to amyltrer Search for Posts by amyltrer Add amyltrer to your Buddy List YIM Screenname: amyltrer MSN Screenname: amyltrer@hotmail.com
Ebonyswanne Ebonyswanne is a Female
Gatchamaniac

I am a Swan.

23 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 25-04-2007

spacer

Wow that sounds like a great outline for a ficcie Amy so when does Ego come and rescue you from the cold night!!!!

Just jokes sweetie, I'm trying to cheer you up.

I think I am lucky to live in a place that generally doesn't get extreme temps like that.

I look like a red cherry at the moment, I was out in the sun for an hour on New Years day taking the baby for a walk in the pram around Rodd Point(an pretty spot on the harbour.) She was all covered up in the pram with sunscreen etc.

I have sunscreen on as well..30+ protection. But then I'm so white at the moment...anyway can still feel the heat from the sunburn... DH is a bit burnt too he was out on the water in a kayak with a friend paddling around the bay for a few hours...but he looks nothing like I do!

No new posts 02-01-2008 10:51 Ebonyswanne is offline Send an Email to Ebonyswanne Search for Posts by Ebonyswanne Add Ebonyswanne to your Buddy List
kimiko kimiko is a Female
Forum God

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 23-09-2007

spacer

Well here in the Hammer it's -12C without the windchill, and there's a severe cold alert on. We didn't get the amount of snow that the weatherman called for this storm.

I'm wrapped up in fleece pj's and a fleece housecoat and I'M STILL FREEZING!!!! I think I'll start hibernating now...(god knows I certainly ate enough turkey the last few days to get me through to spring!)

No new posts 02-01-2008 14:12 kimiko is offline Send an Email to kimiko Search for Posts by kimiko Add kimiko to your Buddy List
Gatchamaniac

I am an Egoblosser.

4 fics uploaded

spacer

Cold alert here too, Kimi! Maybe I'll get extra holyday with the blizzard and the -15Cs

No new posts 02-01-2008 18:25 amyltrer is offline Send an Email to amyltrer Search for Posts by amyltrer Add amyltrer to your Buddy List YIM Screenname: amyltrer MSN Screenname: amyltrer@hotmail.com
Gatchamaniac

I am an Egoblosser.

4 fics uploaded

spacer

quote:
Originally posted by Ebonyswanne
Wow that sounds like a great outline for a ficcie Amy so when does Ego come and rescue you from the cold night!!!!

Hmph, Ego and a bottle of Cabernet.....now that would warm me up.

The bright side is I haven't end up with a phneumonia, only with a cold!

No new posts 02-01-2008 18:27 amyltrer is offline Send an Email to amyltrer Search for Posts by amyltrer Add amyltrer to your Buddy List YIM Screenname: amyltrer MSN Screenname: amyltrer@hotmail.com
Ebonyswanne Ebonyswanne is a Female
Gatchamaniac

I am a Swan.

23 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 25-04-2007

spacer

I'll radiate some of my sunburn in your direction...some cold snow would be helpful right now, feeling like a furnace is no fun at all. I wonder if TJ has some sunburn yet...

No new posts 02-01-2008 22:04 Ebonyswanne is offline Send an Email to Ebonyswanne Search for Posts by Ebonyswanne Add Ebonyswanne to your Buddy List
clouddancer clouddancer is a Female
Gatchamaniac

I am an Owl.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 10-04-2007

spacer

Drove down through the snowbelt area to home today. Not as much snow here but go enough that I had to shovel before I could back the car in and unload the animals.

With the sun out it LOOKS nice, even the animals keep wantingto go out, out but that wind is bad. And tonight is going to get even worse -19c, then add the wind chill on top. I am glad to be home safe and sound in a house that is slowly warming up.

No new posts 02-01-2008 22:30 clouddancer is offline Send an Email to clouddancer Search for Posts by clouddancer Add clouddancer to your Buddy List
Babbling Loonie

I am an Eagle.

2 fics uploaded

spacer

Wow, and I thought we were going to be cold here tonight! We're practically having a heatwave compared to you guys! Temps are supposed to drop to about 15F (approx -9C), with a windchill around 0F. Arctic Blast right out of Canada... Is this your revenge from all that Nor'easter snow you got from us a couple weeks ago??? Cold snowing

No new posts 02-01-2008 22:42 Hinotori is offline Send an Email to Hinotori Search for Posts by Hinotori Add Hinotori to your Buddy List YIM Screenname: Hinotori72
« previous  1  2  [3]  4  5  next »  ... last »  --> Members browsing this thread: none Pages (9): « previous  1  2  [3]  4  5  next »  ... last » 
Post New Thread Post Reply
Rate Thread: 

very bad very bad 

very good very good 

Go to: