Gatchamania.net
Register Memberlist Staff Search FAQ Arcade Calendar Gallery Filebase Forums Home  

Gatchamania.net »[Speak Up!] »General Discussion » Seasons Greetings!! and all that insanity..
Print Page | Recommend to Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Pages (7): [1]  2  3  next »  ... last »  Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page Seasons Greetings!! and all that insanity..
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
kimiko kimiko is a Female
Forum God

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 23-09-2007

spacer
Seasons Greetings!! and all that insanity.. Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator        IP Information Go to the top of this page

Just want to wish everyone the best for the holidays! Cause I don't know when I'll be back online..thought I had all the shopping done...

...But apparently the nephews are already getting Guitar Hero III from Santa...(Damn that fat, red bastard!) I hate it when you find the perfect (and very illusive) gift (on sale at that!) for someone and someone else beat you to it!!

So now I'll have to venture out into daylight again, fighting for parking spots...but I won't be standing in the returns line...

The DH Condor used his "big-blue-eyed-puppy-dog" look on me ...(well that and the fact I haven't been able to pry his claws off that little plastic guitar!) "I had to make sure it wasn't defective..." he keeps telling me....he's been playing it for almost 6 hours straight...(I couldn't figure out why I had Foghat's "Slow Ride" on the brain when I woke up...) "I guess we can keep it, and give ourselves a Xmas gift, honey..."

OK I cave...It's great!

So hugs & kisses to everyone as she pops more Tylenol and arms herself for retail battle again! But first must get through 2 more 9 hour shifts of retail work...then shopping..UGH!

MERRY CHRISTMAS EVERYONE!!

*smoochies*

No new posts 22-12-2007 17:12 kimiko is offline Send an Email to kimiko Search for Posts by kimiko Add kimiko to your Buddy List
Springie Springie is a Female
Her Royal Fluffiness...Swan of Swans...

I am a Swan.

6 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 12-06-2006

spacer
Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator        IP Information Go to the top of this page

Huggles Have a great Christrmas, Kimi! We'll miss you!

There is no problem that cannot be solved with time, patience, and a judicious amount of high explosives.

No new posts 22-12-2007 18:26 Springie is offline Send an Email to Springie Homepage of Springie Search for Posts by Springie Add Springie to your Buddy List YIM Screenname: Springie MSN Screenname: Springie
Hinotori Hinotori is a Female
Babbling Loonie

I am an Eagle.

2 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 09-10-2007

spacer
Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator        IP Information Go to the top of this page

Good luck battling the crowds Kimi!

Merry Christmas! Santa

Eagle Condor Swan Swallow Hootie

No new posts 22-12-2007 22:56 Hinotori is offline Send an Email to Hinotori Search for Posts by Hinotori Add Hinotori to your Buddy List YIM Screenname: Hinotori72
Transmute Jun Transmute Jun is a Female
Queen of the Bird Missiles

I am a Swan.

40 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 04-04-2007

spacer

pound I am dying here, Kimi! I got an email from DH the other day sending me a link to a cheap Guitar Hero III package. There was a free upgrade to overnight shipping, so guess what arrived yesterday? And guess what DH took out of the box and is playing EVEN AS I TYPE THIS MESSAGE????? Right now it's House of the Rising Sun.... at TOP volume. Urgh....

I hope you find something good! Huggles

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by Transmute Jun on 23-12-2007 at 01:44.
No new posts 23-12-2007 01:44 Transmute Jun is offline Send an Email to Transmute Jun Homepage of Transmute Jun Search for Posts by Transmute Jun Add Transmute Jun to your Buddy List
amyltrer amyltrer is a Female
Gatchamaniac

I am an Egoblosser.

4 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 02-12-2006

spacer

Have a Great Christmas time, Kimi. I hope your DHs know well to play a guitar. That thing can be an instrument of torture if you lack the talent .

No new posts 23-12-2007 09:48 amyltrer is offline Send an Email to amyltrer Search for Posts by amyltrer Add amyltrer to your Buddy List YIM Screenname: amyltrer MSN Screenname: amyltrer@hotmail.com
Firebird
Princess Firebird..... Goddess of Swannie Fics

I am a Swan.

63 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 01-07-2002

spacer

Just want to wish everyone a merry Christmas/ Happy Hanukkah or just a great new year if these are not festivals you celebrate Cheers

May the new year bring you happiness.

No new posts 24-12-2007 11:40 Firebird is offline Send an Email to Firebird Search for Posts by Firebird Add Firebird to your Buddy List AIM Screenname: Taishala YIM Screenname: taishala
Gatchamaniac

I am an Egoblosser.

4 fics uploaded

spacer

Oh, my... It's Christmas Eve here! Santa should have come by now.

#Amy bolt to chech under the Christmas tree for presents#Wish me luck!bolt

C'mon Santa, I've been a good little Gallactor! I hope you've brought me something....... or else.......

No new posts 24-12-2007 11:44 amyltrer is offline Send an Email to amyltrer Search for Posts by amyltrer Add amyltrer to your Buddy List YIM Screenname: amyltrer MSN Screenname: amyltrer@hotmail.com
Forum God

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

spacer

Here's a few pics I took last night while on the way to work. Some folks go all out in true Griswald style with the Xmas lights....a little blurry cause it was dang windy & snowing...

And one I took from the front door of our store about 2AM when the snow was coming down quite heavily. This was taken without a flash...I had an amateur photog moment...should I use low light or snow??? Seems the ISO also has a feature on there...can't remember which one I used so moot point as it came out pretty good...

Enjoy!

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by kimiko on 24-12-2007 at 14:46.
No new posts 24-12-2007 14:35 kimiko is offline Send an Email to kimiko Search for Posts by kimiko Add kimiko to your Buddy List
Gatchamaniac

I am an Egoblosser.

4 fics uploaded

spacer

The lights look great. Animeparty And I love the snow there, Kimi.

No new posts 24-12-2007 14:50 amyltrer is offline Send an Email to amyltrer Search for Posts by amyltrer Add amyltrer to your Buddy List YIM Screenname: amyltrer MSN Screenname: amyltrer@hotmail.com
Springie Springie is a Female
Her Royal Fluffiness...Swan of Swans...

I am a Swan.

6 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 12-06-2006

spacer

I have to admit, I have a little Griswold in me...lol
we have lights, a train, candy canes and a giant Santa out front...heehee...the neighborhood kids love it!

I am so jealous of your snow, Kimi! It's beautiful!

It was 70 degrees and muggy here yesterday...grrrrr...

There is no problem that cannot be solved with time, patience, and a judicious amount of high explosives.

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by Springie on 24-12-2007 at 16:25.
No new posts 24-12-2007 16:25 Springie is offline Send an Email to Springie Homepage of Springie Search for Posts by Springie Add Springie to your Buddy List YIM Screenname: Springie MSN Screenname: Springie
Firebird
Princess Firebird..... Goddess of Swannie Fics

I am a Swan.

63 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 01-07-2002

spacer

oh wow those lights are amazing. No snow here yet but there are still a few hours to go.

To the Aussies here Merry Christmas ( I know you are a few hours ahead so its Christmas Day for you)

No new posts 24-12-2007 17:08 Firebird is offline Send an Email to Firebird Search for Posts by Firebird Add Firebird to your Buddy List AIM Screenname: Taishala YIM Screenname: taishala

I am a Swan.

40 fics uploaded

spacer

I hope everyone who is already there is having a great Christmas! I still have a bit to go... Big Grin

No new posts 24-12-2007 20:48 Transmute Jun is offline Send an Email to Transmute Jun Homepage of Transmute Jun Search for Posts by Transmute Jun Add Transmute Jun to your Buddy List
clouddancer clouddancer is a Female
Gatchamaniac

I am an Owl.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 10-04-2007

spacer

Wishing everyone a Happy Chirstmas for those who have begun it and to those that it still has to arrive.

Evening is just closing in here on the 24th we are still a few hours away from a visit from Santa.

BTW Kimi, beautiful pics. Was this last night with the storm/sudden freeze/high winds that came in?

No new posts 24-12-2007 22:56 clouddancer is offline Send an Email to clouddancer Search for Posts by clouddancer Add clouddancer to your Buddy List
Raggletag Raggletag is a Male

I am a Berg Katse.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 22-01-2007

spacer

I know I haven't been around much lately, but I still wanted to wish everyone a very happy holiday! Here's the lame holiday greeting I threw together today after getting out of work early(ish)...

He knows if you've been bad or good, so be bad for satan's sake!!! ;P

No new posts 25-12-2007 03:24 Raggletag is offline Send an Email to Raggletag Homepage of Raggletag Search for Posts by Raggletag Add Raggletag to your Buddy List AIM Screenname: raggletag11

I am a Swan.

40 fics uploaded

spacer

Not so lame... I was ROFL 2 !!!

No new posts 25-12-2007 04:19 Transmute Jun is offline Send an Email to Transmute Jun Homepage of Transmute Jun Search for Posts by Transmute Jun Add Transmute Jun to your Buddy List
Toneman Toneman is a Male
Forum Legend

I am an Eagle.

10 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 25-11-2007

spacer

Merry christmas or whatever..... Have fun get drunk name it after me.....hahahahahaha!!!! I shoulda been a Gallacter....

Gatch Eagle Gatch

No new posts 25-12-2007 06:50 Toneman is offline Send an Email to Toneman Search for Posts by Toneman Add Toneman to your Buddy List
Gatchamaniac

I am an Egoblosser.

4 fics uploaded

spacer

quote:
Originally posted by Toneman
I shoulda been a Gallacter....

It's not to late Tone! We still recruit newbies!

No new posts 25-12-2007 10:36 amyltrer is offline Send an Email to amyltrer Search for Posts by amyltrer Add amyltrer to your Buddy List YIM Screenname: amyltrer MSN Screenname: amyltrer@hotmail.com
Gatchamaniac

I am an Egoblosser.

4 fics uploaded

spacer

quote:
Originally posted by Raggletag
I know I haven't been around much lately, but I still wanted to wish everyone a very happy holiday! Here's the lame holiday greeting I threw together today after getting out of work early(ish)...

He knows if you've been bad or good, so be bad for satan's sake!!! ;P

You mean, be bad for Sosai's sake!

No new posts 25-12-2007 10:40 amyltrer is offline Send an Email to amyltrer Search for Posts by amyltrer Add amyltrer to your Buddy List YIM Screenname: amyltrer MSN Screenname: amyltrer@hotmail.com
Forum God

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

spacer

quote:
Originally posted by clouddancer
BTW Kimi, beautiful pics. Was this last night with the storm/sudden freeze/high winds that came in?

Yes CD, It was Monday night! The house with the lights is in Hamilton on Glendale Ave. & King St. near Ivor Wynne Stadium. My store is in Burlington.

For those not familiar with the weather effects Lake Ontario & the Niagara Escarpement gives us...basically a vortex-like thing happens...There were severe winds (I believe the Weather Network was calling for 90+ km/h...not too far off from an F1 category hurricane).

What happens when high, westerly winds + cold front meets warm, humid lake + elevation drop...it means Kimi is out taking pictures in Hamilton in a snow tornado! (Actually what was really bizarre was that all of the cars would stop to let me take my pictures!) If Hamilton is being dumped on Burlington is usually not and vice-versa. Though it was extremely windy the snow didn't start till later...

If you're in Buffalo or Niagara Falls you're screwed either way because you're sandwiched in between Lake Erie & Lake Ontario!

I should get a couple of pics of the Burlington "Griswald" house on Spruce St. These folks (not sure if they are Doctors or lawyers, some kind of professionals...you need the cash just for the hydro bill they must get) totally go all out, they just have a much bigger house and lot than the one I took pics of. Actually there are tours & competitions for house decorating and traffic can be brutal for getting around certain areas.

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by kimiko on 25-12-2007 at 11:58.
No new posts 25-12-2007 11:51 kimiko is offline Send an Email to kimiko Search for Posts by kimiko Add kimiko to your Buddy List
gatchgirl
Babbling Loonie

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 08-03-2006

spacer

Great pics Kimi.... Merry Christmas to all, and to those that celebrate other holidays this time of year I hope that your is as great as well....

Groupwave Noel

Racer by day, Feather Thrower all the time!

No new posts 25-12-2007 11:57 gatchgirl is offline Send an Email to gatchgirl Search for Posts by gatchgirl Add gatchgirl to your Buddy List
[1]  2  3  next »  ... last »  --> Members browsing this thread: none Pages (7): [1]  2  3  next »  ... last » 
Post New Thread Post Reply
Rate Thread: 

very bad very bad 

very good very good 

Go to: