Gatchamania.net
Register Memberlist Staff Search FAQ Arcade Calendar Gallery Filebase Forums Home  

Gatchamania.net »[Speak Up!] »General Discussion » Snowstorm in Toronto
Print Page | Recommend to Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Pages (4): « previous  1  [2]  3  4  next »  Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page Snowstorm in Toronto
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Sosai X Sosai X is a Male
Master Boardie

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 09-10-2007

spacer
Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator        IP Information Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by clouddancer
quote:
Originally posted by SJ_SwanJun

Glad you're at home today, though.... I'm jealous

SJ

So am I .
I suspect anyone who had to dgo to work today is jealous.

Yes, I am lucky - I work from home. Sometimes I have to head out and meet up with my clients but I do my actual work in my home office. The downside to working for myself at home - no Christmas Office parties. The upside - no annoying co-workers. *grin*

Cheers,
Tim

No new posts 17-12-2007 16:56 Sosai X is offline Send an Email to Sosai X Homepage of Sosai X Search for Posts by Sosai X Add Sosai X to your Buddy List
SJ_SwanJun SJ_SwanJun is a Female
Forum Goddess

I am a Red Squadron.

9 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 26-04-2007

spacer
Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator        IP Information Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by Transmute Jun
quote:
I suspect anyone who had to dgo to work today is jealous.

I had to go to work today and I'm not jealous. Big Grin

Actually TJ, I might have to agree with you.

I've thoroughly enjoyed the entertainment I've had today.

Our street still hasn't been plowed and there are still cars getting stuck in the snow.

Am tempted to call in delivery for lunch, but feel too sorry for the delivery drivers on the road to do that. I'll trudge through the white stuff up to Staples - I want to buy Flash a GPS thingie for the truck for Xmas.

Ooh, I'll hit Harveys!!

SJ
Who just saw the photos from the work Christmas party and is currently redder than the shirt she had to wear ... Did I really look that terrified when the magician threw that knife at me??!!

Long story ...

Sighhh

Why do men snore when lying on their backs?
Because their balls fall over their butt holes and they vapour lock.

No new posts 17-12-2007 17:00 SJ_SwanJun is offline Send an Email to SJ_SwanJun Search for Posts by SJ_SwanJun Add SJ_SwanJun to your Buddy List
Transmute Jun Transmute Jun is a Female
Queen of the Bird Missiles

I am a Swan.

40 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 04-04-2007

spacer

Ohhhhh...... Harvey's.... NOW I'm jealous!!!!

I miss Harvey's... I love their fries....

No new posts 17-12-2007 17:03 Transmute Jun is offline Send an Email to Transmute Jun Homepage of Transmute Jun Search for Posts by Transmute Jun Add Transmute Jun to your Buddy List
kimiko kimiko is a Female
Forum God

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 23-09-2007

spacer

quote:
quote:
Originally posted by kimiko
WHOOOO HOOO!! I had a snow day from work last night!

It's been snowing continuously all weekend here in the Hammer. Not exactly a blizzard (wind-wise) but lots of white stuff accumulating!

You know when there's alot of snow when you have to shovel out a spot for the dog to do her doodie!

interesting you should say that. My dog decided to go on the walkway to the front door I had just dug out. I thought that was just her.

I guess I wouldn't want to have to stick my butt in a snowbank to do my business either....

*fuzzily recalls a drunken and desperate incident involving a K-Car-load of '80's chicks, somewhere between Fergus and Guelph on the side of the road...*

No new posts 17-12-2007 17:03 kimiko is offline Send an Email to kimiko Search for Posts by kimiko Add kimiko to your Buddy List
Transmute Jun Transmute Jun is a Female
Queen of the Bird Missiles

I am a Swan.

40 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 04-04-2007

spacer

Oh, the K car....

A nice Reliant automobile....

(sorry, I'm a big BNL fan)

No new posts 17-12-2007 17:04 Transmute Jun is offline Send an Email to Transmute Jun Homepage of Transmute Jun Search for Posts by Transmute Jun Add Transmute Jun to your Buddy List
Forum Goddess

I am a Red Squadron.

9 fics uploaded

spacer

Oh TJ, I sang the same lines in my head ...

I love BNL

Sighhh

No new posts 17-12-2007 17:14 SJ_SwanJun is offline Send an Email to SJ_SwanJun Search for Posts by SJ_SwanJun Add SJ_SwanJun to your Buddy List
amyltrer amyltrer is a Female
Gatchamaniac

I am an Egoblosser.

4 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 02-12-2006

spacer

quote:
Originally posted by Sosai X
quote:
Originally posted by SJ_SwanJun
Seems, though, that an Australian is more geared to snow than Canadians. I'm actually very comfortable for the most part in trekking through the white stuff.

Rolleyes snowing I have to take exception to this! It would be more accurate if you substitute Torontonians for Canadians and then I would agree with you 100%. In the rest of Canada, Torontonians are notorious for not being able to handle any amount of snowfall. Most Canadians know how to handle snowfall. Besides, all Toronto got was a bit of snow. The worst of the storm missed us and has headed out East.

Here's the pictures of my balcony as promised. Smile

snowing snowing snowing

You sure got some snow there,Tim. My balcony is closed up with glass, so the only thing I got is a few flakes and a wet carpet!

And you have a nice view... My block is at the causeway and it's always very noisy!

No new posts 17-12-2007 17:31 amyltrer is offline Send an Email to amyltrer Search for Posts by amyltrer Add amyltrer to your Buddy List YIM Screenname: amyltrer MSN Screenname: amyltrer@hotmail.com
Forum God

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

spacer

LOL! They're classic...but Q-107 classic rock was the only stuff allowed to be played in my friend's K-car. (He was a bit anal about that!) So Queen's Bohemian Rhapsody was more appropriate....

No new posts 17-12-2007 17:34 kimiko is offline Send an Email to kimiko Search for Posts by kimiko Add kimiko to your Buddy List
Forum Goddess

I am a Red Squadron.

9 fics uploaded

spacer

Back then:
Kevin Bloody Wilson was the music for us, or AD/DC

Queen, oh how I love Queen, was not as cool as it is now...

Now:
I am a HUGE HUGE HUGE Led Zepplin fan, and that is my choice for the truck.

Flash has Cream and 2 Killer's CD's as his driving music - although lately he's been killing me with 97.3 Christmas music ....

Joshie, believe it or not, is a Missy Higgins fan - he has Sound of White in the truck.

SJ

Sighhh

No new posts 17-12-2007 17:41 SJ_SwanJun is offline Send an Email to SJ_SwanJun Search for Posts by SJ_SwanJun Add SJ_SwanJun to your Buddy List
Forum God

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

spacer

I listened to everything then and today...AC/DC and Zep are staples in my aural diet...

Lately I have developed an online addiction...other than Gatch...YOUTUBE-ITIS...I spend hours sidetracked there...

AND I'm using it to rehash my infatuation with men in tight leather pants...especially with this band and this man !!!

Now if Tim would indulge me in a little photo-manip...just slap the Condor's face on this redhead!

This post has been edited 3 time(s), it was last edited by kimiko on 17-12-2007 at 19:31.
No new posts 17-12-2007 19:22 kimiko is offline Send an Email to kimiko Search for Posts by kimiko Add kimiko to your Buddy List
Forum Goddess

I am a Red Squadron.

9 fics uploaded

spacer

Oh God. Youtube.

That is a dangerous addiction. I have that on all the time when I don't have the iPod plugged in to the puter here at work.

I discovered many an old favourite there ... and developed a new love for Robert Plant... sigh ...

The Church was another of my discoveries there. I've always loved their music, but never put the name to the band, of you know what I mean.

Now I am in a mad hunt for their greatest hits to add to my iPod, but am buggered if I can find it anywhere ... sigh.

Gosh, now I think I might go and seek out the 30minute rendition of Stairway ... no, not my fav Zepplin song, but it is definitely up there.

SJ

Sighhh

No new posts 17-12-2007 19:46 SJ_SwanJun is offline Send an Email to SJ_SwanJun Search for Posts by SJ_SwanJun Add SJ_SwanJun to your Buddy List
Forum God

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

spacer

Fave Zep song for me...Whole Lotta Love....

I never really spent much time on Youtube till I found that video...I have been looking for a copy of that G'n'R MTV Concert for ages...brings back sooo many memories....

No new posts 17-12-2007 19:53 kimiko is offline Send an Email to kimiko Search for Posts by kimiko Add kimiko to your Buddy List
Forum Goddess

I am a Red Squadron.

9 fics uploaded

spacer

Whole Lotta Love .... sigh ... Great Driving song.

D'yer Mak'r is one of my favs for sure.

Since I've been Loving you is another

All of my love

Black Dog kicks ass!!

I can actually imagine Princess rockin' out to Whole Lotta Love ... You know, because her guitar idol simply HAS to be Jimmy Page

SJ

Sighhh

No new posts 17-12-2007 20:11 SJ_SwanJun is offline Send an Email to SJ_SwanJun Search for Posts by SJ_SwanJun Add SJ_SwanJun to your Buddy List
Master Boardie

0 fics uploaded

spacer

quote:
Originally posted by amyltrer
You sure got some snow there,Tim. My balcony is closed up with glass, so the only thing I got is a few flakes and a wet carpet!

And you have a nice view... My block is at the causeway and it's always very noisy!

The view looks nice now. It's a schoolyard that belongs to the Church/School next door. Normally it is filled with boys and girls who are screaming and yelling during recess. Some days it isn't that bad and some days it is bloody annoying. Wink

Cheers,
Tim

No new posts 17-12-2007 20:29 Sosai X is offline Send an Email to Sosai X Homepage of Sosai X Search for Posts by Sosai X Add Sosai X to your Buddy List
clouddancer clouddancer is a Female
Gatchamaniac

I am an Owl.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 10-04-2007

spacer

And does it depend on whether the door/window is open or closed?

No new posts 17-12-2007 21:11 clouddancer is offline Send an Email to clouddancer Search for Posts by clouddancer Add clouddancer to your Buddy List
Master Boardie

0 fics uploaded

spacer

quote:
And does it depend on whether the door/window is open or closed?

They are noisy with the door/windows closed and really noisy with them open. Smile This school is a part of the 7th Day Adventist church but imagine my surprise one day when I was on my balcony BBQing some burgers for lunch and I see a couple young girls (around 11ish) practicing their pole dancing skills (they were bumping & grinding) on one of the metal poles that is near the fence (that separates their property from my building's parking lot). LOL! I kid you not!

Cheers,
Tim

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by Sosai X on 17-12-2007 at 21:39.
No new posts 17-12-2007 21:38 Sosai X is offline Send an Email to Sosai X Homepage of Sosai X Search for Posts by Sosai X Add Sosai X to your Buddy List
Gatchamaniac

I am an Owl.

0 fics uploaded

spacer

I can see Tim's eyes popping out of his head "Oh wow!"

It must be fun to work from home and be able to watch that.
Getting a free show.

Ooops! Forget I said that. Cloud will go back to her usual quiet self.

No new posts 17-12-2007 22:20 clouddancer is offline Send an Email to clouddancer Search for Posts by clouddancer Add clouddancer to your Buddy List
Master Boardie

0 fics uploaded

spacer

quote:
I can see Tim's eyes popping out of his head "Oh wow!"

It must be fun to work from home and be able to watch that.
Getting a free show.

Ooops! Forget I said that. Cloud will go back to her usual quiet self.

LOL! No, I don't think so. I prefer women... not 11 year old girls. School girl uniforms aren't my thing either.

The only thing I can see from the window in my office is the tree at the back of the apartment. When it isn't the school kids making noise it is the local raccoons fighting. They sound like demons from hell when they fight. They're noisy buggers.

Cheers,
Tim

No new posts 17-12-2007 22:31 Sosai X is offline Send an Email to Sosai X Homepage of Sosai X Search for Posts by Sosai X Add Sosai X to your Buddy List
Gatchamaniac

I am an Owl.

0 fics uploaded

spacer

Oh yes! Raccoons make a terrible noise do they not.
I remember some horrid noises coming from the creatures when I lived in the country as a child.
Then the dog would wake up and she would begin barking and that would be it for sleeping for a bit.

No new posts 17-12-2007 22:54 clouddancer is offline Send an Email to clouddancer Search for Posts by clouddancer Add clouddancer to your Buddy List
Cep Cep is a Male
Board Pirate

I am a Galactor.

Registration Date: 22-01-2004

spacer

quote:
Originally posted by kimiko
Fave Zep song for me...Whole Lotta Love....

I never really spent much time on Youtube till I found that video...I have been looking for a copy of that G'n'R MTV Concert for ages...brings back sooo many memories....

I actually have a copy of the GNR Paris tour, can't remember the year, think its was 89/90 Smile

Gatchamania.net Administrator Gatch

No new posts 17-12-2007 23:28 Cep is offline Send an Email to Cep Homepage of Cep Search for Posts by Cep Add Cep to your Buddy List Add Cep to your Contact List AIM Screenname: cepeleon
« previous  1  [2]  3  4  next »  --> Members browsing this thread: none Pages (4): « previous  1  [2]  3  4  next » 
Post New Thread Post Reply
Rate Thread: 

very bad very bad 

very good very good 

Go to: