Gatchamania.net
Register Memberlist Staff Search FAQ Arcade Calendar Gallery Filebase Forums Home  

Gatchamania.net »[Gatchaman Library] »Gatchaman Merchandise, old & new » A little bit of Gatchaman news...
Print Page | Recommend to Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page A little bit of Gatchaman news...
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
tatsunokofan tatsunokofan is a Male
Gatch Guru

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 03-12-2006

spacer
A little bit of Gatchaman news... Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator        IP Information Go to the top of this page

Hi all!

A couple bits of new Gatchaman-related news has come out of Japan, and I figured you might be interested in knowing about them, even though most of us won't be able to do anything regarding them.

First, all three Gatchaman TV series are going to be released on DVD once again, though in a somewhat different format this time. This time, the discs will be released individually, with three episodes per disc, through a subscription service. These discs will be sent to subscribers on a weekly basis for the 68 weeks that it will take to release all 205 Gatchaman, Gatchaman II, and Gatchaman Fighter episodes. The first disc will cost a mere 790 yen (Roughly $7.00), but the remaining 67 discs will cost 1,790 yen apiece (Roughly $16.00 each), with the first disc shipping on February 5, 2008. As should be no surprise, the subscription offer is limited to residents of Japan.

Instead of coming in the standard type of DVD case, the discs will be released packed inside of a booklet. The booklet will include guides to the episodes on the disc, an art gallery, production notes, and other material of interest. Subscribers have the option of purchasing a special binder to hold the booklets. To help entice subscribers, they'll receive various special bonus goodies, like a Gatchaman mouse pad, and different figures of the Ninja Team characters, all released at various points of their subscription run.

The discs are being released by the DeAgostini company, which did a test-release of the first three volumes in Niigata to see if there was enough interest in warrant a full release. Obviously, the interest was there! If you wish to see the website for this offer, it can be found here:

http://www.de-club.net/gtd/

The second item is actually a follow up on something I had mentioned the last time I posted about these things; the Gatchaman cell phone RPG game from Kotobukiya Solutions. Starting on December 12th (That's today for most of us), Japanese cell phone users can go to a handful of store chains and, for a mere 525 yen fee, load the game onto their cell phones. You can see a little of what the game looks like at the official website located here:

http://www.kemco.jp/applipage/07_game/gatchaman_i_a.shtml

Sadly, neither of these are likely to become available to those of us outside of Japan, but at least this brings you up-to-date on the latest Gatchaman news!

James

No new posts 12-12-2007 21:57 tatsunokofan is offline Send an Email to tatsunokofan Search for Posts by tatsunokofan Add tatsunokofan to your Buddy List
Springie Springie is a Female
Her Royal Fluffiness...Swan of Swans...

I am a Swan.

6 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 12-06-2006

spacer
Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator        IP Information Go to the top of this page

The game looks so neat! What I wouldn't give for a good Gatch RPG in the states...Thanks for sharing, James!

There is no problem that cannot be solved with time, patience, and a judicious amount of high explosives.

No new posts 12-12-2007 22:09 Springie is offline Send an Email to Springie Homepage of Springie Search for Posts by Springie Add Springie to your Buddy List YIM Screenname: Springie MSN Screenname: Springie
Transmute Jun Transmute Jun is a Female
Queen of the Bird Missiles

I am a Swan.

40 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 04-04-2007

spacer
Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator        IP Information Go to the top of this page

Thanks for the information, James! We appreciate it when you share this stuff with us!

I looked through that game website... I love this...

No new posts 12-12-2007 23:29 Transmute Jun is offline Send an Email to Transmute Jun Homepage of Transmute Jun Search for Posts by Transmute Jun Add Transmute Jun to your Buddy List
amyltrer amyltrer is a Female
Gatchamaniac

I am an Egoblosser.

4 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 02-12-2006

spacer
RE: A little bit of Gatchaman news... Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator        IP Information Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by tatsunokofan

As should be no surprise, the subscription offer is limited to residents of Japan.

James

Crap! Let's hope they'll be avaible for the rest of the world later!

Thanks for info, James!

No new posts 13-12-2007 11:56 amyltrer is offline Send an Email to amyltrer Search for Posts by amyltrer Add amyltrer to your Buddy List YIM Screenname: amyltrer MSN Screenname: amyltrer@hotmail.com
SJ_SwanJun SJ_SwanJun is a Female
Forum Goddess

I am a Red Squadron.

9 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 26-04-2007

spacer

Thanks James - I'm miffed we North Americans can't get access to this fun stuff, but am thrilled that Gatchaman is being kept so alive ...

Thanks for keeping us updated.

You da BOMB!

SJ

Sighhh

Why do men snore when lying on their backs?
Because their balls fall over their butt holes and they vapour lock.

No new posts 13-12-2007 14:10 SJ_SwanJun is offline Send an Email to SJ_SwanJun Search for Posts by SJ_SwanJun Add SJ_SwanJun to your Buddy List
CricketBeautiful
Forum God

I am a Zark.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 04-04-2004

spacer

Wow! That's great news. The more the Japanese like it, the more likely we'll see something over here. Yeah, given the current license owner, that's still not very likely, but it's better than before.

- Viktor E. Frankl

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by CricketBeautiful on 13-12-2007 at 15:23.
No new posts 13-12-2007 15:22 CricketBeautiful is offline Send an Email to CricketBeautiful Homepage of CricketBeautiful Search for Posts by CricketBeautiful Add CricketBeautiful to your Buddy List YIM Screenname: cricketbeautiful MSN Screenname: cricketbeautiful@hotmail.com
gatchgirl
Babbling Loonie

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 08-03-2006

spacer

Thanks for the info James... maybe someday we shall be overrun with Gatch items here in the USA.

Racer by day, Feather Thrower all the time!

No new posts 13-12-2007 15:37 gatchgirl is offline Send an Email to gatchgirl Search for Posts by gatchgirl Add gatchgirl to your Buddy List
clouddancer clouddancer is a Female
Gatchamaniac

I am an Owl.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 10-04-2007

spacer

quote:
Originally posted by gatchgirl
Thanks for the info James... maybe someday we shall be overrun with Gatch items here in the USA.

And maybe that someday will be next Christmas!!!

*Then Cloud starts to think*
Although that is before the film comes out so that probably will not work.

No new posts 13-12-2007 16:33 clouddancer is offline Send an Email to clouddancer Search for Posts by clouddancer Add clouddancer to your Buddy List
tatsunokofan tatsunokofan is a Male
Gatch Guru

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 03-12-2006

spacer

Hi all!

quote:
Crap! Let's hope they'll be avaible for the rest of the world later!

Well, if you do want to get any of the three Gatchaman TV series on DVD, assuming you have a DVD player that can play Region 2 discs and don't mind that they'd be in Japanese without any subtitles, you can trying purchasing the box sets from places like Amazon Japan, CD Japan, or even Fujisan.com. It would be a lot faster than waiting for a subscription set, and would end up costing roughly the same amount. I can provide links, if you want them.

James

No new posts 13-12-2007 18:07 tatsunokofan is offline Send an Email to tatsunokofan Search for Posts by tatsunokofan Add tatsunokofan to your Buddy List
Members browsing this thread: none
Post New Thread Post Reply
Rate Thread: 

very bad very bad 

very good very good 

Go to: