Gatchamania.net
Register Memberlist Staff Search FAQ Arcade Calendar Gallery Filebase Forums Home  

Gatchamania.net »[Gatchaman Library] »Gatchaman » Scary....
Print Page | Recommend to Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Pages (5): « previous  1  2  [3]  4  5  next »  Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page Scary....
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Raggletag Raggletag is a Male

I am a Berg Katse.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 22-01-2007

spacer
Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator        IP Information Go to the top of this page

LOL! I remember that episode being banned in the US, along with the infamous seizure episode and an ep involving a lot of gunplay. They did eventually show the beach ep here in the states as a "lost" show, but they cut out James' cross-dressing bits. boobies

No new posts 10-10-2007 05:18 Raggletag is offline Send an Email to Raggletag Homepage of Raggletag Search for Posts by Raggletag Add Raggletag to your Buddy List AIM Screenname: raggletag11
Springie Springie is a Female
Her Royal Fluffiness...Swan of Swans...

I am a Swan.

6 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 12-06-2006

spacer
Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator        IP Information Go to the top of this page

WOW!censored Eyecrazy My son watches Pokemon from time to time...and I wondered if that guy was gay...this puts a whole new spin on Pokemon!

There is no problem that cannot be solved with time, patience, and a judicious amount of high explosives.

No new posts 10-10-2007 09:19 Springie is offline Send an Email to Springie Homepage of Springie Search for Posts by Springie Add Springie to your Buddy List YIM Screenname: Springie MSN Screenname: Springie
Raggletag Raggletag is a Male

I am a Berg Katse.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 22-01-2007

spacer

quote:
Originally posted by Springie
WOW!censored Eyecrazy My son watches Pokemon from time to time...and I wondered if that guy was gay...this puts a whole new spin on Pokemon!

LMAO!! "Pokemon" indeed... ROFL 2

Yeah, I think the verdict is still out on poor James. He does seem to act a little overly... flamboyant sometimes. Sailormoon

No new posts 10-10-2007 15:32 Raggletag is offline Send an Email to Raggletag Homepage of Raggletag Search for Posts by Raggletag Add Raggletag to your Buddy List AIM Screenname: raggletag11
clouddancer clouddancer is a Female
Gatchamaniac

I am an Owl.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 10-04-2007

spacer

I remember pokemon from way back when I first started teaching and had to figure out what my grade 1's were talking about.

quote:
Originally posted by Raggletag
quote:

Yeah, I think the verdict is still out on poor James. He does seem to act a little overly... flamboyant sometimes. Sailormoon

Is that what it is called?

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by clouddancer on 10-10-2007 at 15:54.
No new posts 10-10-2007 15:52 clouddancer is offline Send an Email to clouddancer Search for Posts by clouddancer Add clouddancer to your Buddy List
Transmute Jun Transmute Jun is a Female
Queen of the Bird Missiles

I am a Swan.

40 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 04-04-2007

spacer

So, I've never seen the show but that clip had me confused... where were the Pokemon? Shrug

No new posts 10-10-2007 16:17 Transmute Jun is offline Send an Email to Transmute Jun Homepage of Transmute Jun Search for Posts by Transmute Jun Add Transmute Jun to your Buddy List
Sosai X Sosai X is a Male
Master Boardie

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 09-10-2007

spacer

quote:
Originally posted by clouddancer

quote:
Originally posted by Raggletag
quote:

In England, it would be called 'Camp'. Wink

Cheers,
Tim

Cheers,
Tim

No new posts 10-10-2007 18:53 Sosai X is offline Send an Email to Sosai X Homepage of Sosai X Search for Posts by Sosai X Add Sosai X to your Buddy List
Gatchamaniac

I am an Owl.

0 fics uploaded

spacer

quote:
Originally posted by Sosai X
quote:
Originally posted by clouddancer

In England, it would be called 'Camp'. Wink

Cheers,
Tim

You sound like a well traveled person. Japanese knowledge and English knowledge.

No new posts 10-10-2007 22:13 clouddancer is offline Send an Email to clouddancer Search for Posts by clouddancer Add clouddancer to your Buddy List

I am a Swan.

40 fics uploaded

spacer

Didn't I already say that Tim was the expert on everything? Bowdown 2

No new posts 10-10-2007 22:17 Transmute Jun is offline Send an Email to Transmute Jun Homepage of Transmute Jun Search for Posts by Transmute Jun Add Transmute Jun to your Buddy List
Gatchamaniac

I am an Owl.

0 fics uploaded

spacer

Bowdown 2

This is the bowing smilie I was looking for in that other thread.
How did I miss it?

No new posts 10-10-2007 22:22 clouddancer is offline Send an Email to clouddancer Search for Posts by clouddancer Add clouddancer to your Buddy List
Master Boardie

0 fics uploaded

spacer

LOL! More of a case of having lots of friends from around the world. I can swear in 4 different languages (English, Quebecois French, Japanese, and Cantonese)! *grin*

I happen to be a bit of an Anglophile while growing up. I watched way too many British comedies and Doctor Who is one of my all time favourite TV shows! So I know a few British slang terms.

I'm teaching myself Japanese with a lot of help from my Japanese penpals and friends (both here in Canada and in Japan). I talk to my friend in Hokkaido, Japan at least once a week via MSN Messenger and my webcam. My Japanese is very basic. I'm great if I can use my books, but speaking without them I'm limited to basic conversation. I can read and write hiragana and katakana but only know a dozen or so kanji from memory.

Samurai1

Cheers,
Tim

Cheers,
Tim

This post has been edited 2 time(s), it was last edited by Sosai X on 10-10-2007 at 22:43.
No new posts 10-10-2007 22:40 Sosai X is offline Send an Email to Sosai X Homepage of Sosai X Search for Posts by Sosai X Add Sosai X to your Buddy List
Ebonyswanne Ebonyswanne is a Female
Gatchamaniac

I am a Swan.

23 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 25-04-2007

spacer

WOW! Sosai, I have though to do that I guess I need to make more time...French oopppss I have to go I just saw lightning outside...I have to shut the computer down!

Storms season! I love it!

No new posts 11-10-2007 10:10 Ebonyswanne is offline Send an Email to Ebonyswanne Search for Posts by Ebonyswanne Add Ebonyswanne to your Buddy List
Master Boardie

0 fics uploaded

spacer

quote:
Originally posted by Ebonyswanne
WOW! Sosai, I have though to do that I guess I need to make more time...French oopppss I have to go I just saw lightning outside...I have to shut the computer down!

Storms season! I love it!

Kyoo no tenki wa doo desu ka? (How is the weather today?) - that's one of the first phrases I learnt. Wink

I have always wanted to learn Japanese and I realized that if I didn't give it a try now, I would never do it. I've always been more interested in British tv programming over the US (for the most part - there are exceptions). With shows like The Avengers, Danger Man, The Prisoner, Doctor Who, Blake's 7, Jeremy Brett's Sherlock Holmes, Life on Mars, Hustle - to name a few - I'm in TV heaven. Smile

As for Japanese TV programming, Battle of the Planets is the show that introduced me to anime and got me hooked. Then it was Robotech (Macross Saga especially), Lupin III, Ranma 1/2, and anything by Hayao Miyazaki and so on.

I have to admit that I'm pretty much ignorant about Australia except I do know who Ned Kelly is. Biglaugh2 Oh and one of my fav obscure Sci-fi authors is Australian - A. Bertram Chandler ("Come In. This is Liberty Hall; you can spit on the mat and call the cat a bastard!").

dance dancing dance

Cheers,
Tim

Cheers,
Tim

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by Sosai X on 11-10-2007 at 16:12.
No new posts 11-10-2007 16:11 Sosai X is offline Send an Email to Sosai X Homepage of Sosai X Search for Posts by Sosai X Add Sosai X to your Buddy List
CricketBeautiful
Forum God

I am a Zark.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 04-04-2004

spacer

TTC subway? I loved it when I lived there. Frequent trains, and very easy to follow the system map. Bus map's a bit more complicated. But every single place you call knows the nearest subway station and which bus to take.

As for books in the classroom, I vote for big stickers on the front, "property of CD, please return after reading". (Just don't cover the important part of the cover, I hate it when magazines do that. Great cover art, covered by the mailing label.)

If you really do want them to sign them out, maybe give each book a number; write down your name or initials, and the book number, rather than the title.

I spent many hours on this site one year when helping the grade 2 teacher:
www.readinga-z.com

Learning to fold the books is a bit tricky, but doable. I printed them from online once, then make photocopies for use. We didn't bother with the colour covers. The books are pretty interesting, good mix of fiction and non-fiction. There are also question sheets and charts to help you record reading abilities, but she didn't use them.

Cheers!

- Viktor E. Frankl

No new posts 11-10-2007 18:47 CricketBeautiful is offline Send an Email to CricketBeautiful Homepage of CricketBeautiful Search for Posts by CricketBeautiful Add CricketBeautiful to your Buddy List YIM Screenname: cricketbeautiful MSN Screenname: cricketbeautiful@hotmail.com
amyltrer amyltrer is a Female
Gatchamaniac

I am an Egoblosser.

4 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 02-12-2006

spacer

quote:
LOL! More of a case of having lots of friends from around the world. I can swear in 4 different languages (English, Quebecois French, Japanese, and Cantonese)! *grin*Cheers,
Tim

Here Tim, this will help you to improve your vocabulary.

International Swearings Playboy

No new posts 11-10-2007 18:56 amyltrer is offline Send an Email to amyltrer Search for Posts by amyltrer Add amyltrer to your Buddy List YIM Screenname: amyltrer MSN Screenname: amyltrer@hotmail.com
Master Boardie

0 fics uploaded

spacer

LOL! Thanks Amy. Usually the only time I swear a lot is at my computer. I can curse like a sailor when it comes to my computer.

Sailor

As for the TTC, I remember before I moved to Toronto I was terrified of taking it. As it turns out - it isn't nearly as bad as I thought it would be. It basically only runs in two directions: the North/South lines and the West/East line. All stops are announced on a regular basis now (about time). Actually the TTC got taken to the Human Rights court for not announcing the stops as discrimination against the blind.

Buses can be a bit more trickier but the bus drivers are obligated to announce all stops now (as mentioned above) and some buses have this built in an automated system (which is pretty cool). What I hate when it comes to buses is the people who ride them... especially the people who stand at the front of the bus blocking the entrance. I usually hit them as I walk by (I'm a wide shoulder guy).

If I can navigate the TTC - anyone can do it! I suck at navigating. Laugh2

Cheers,
Tim

Cheers,
Tim

No new posts 11-10-2007 19:22 Sosai X is offline Send an Email to Sosai X Homepage of Sosai X Search for Posts by Sosai X Add Sosai X to your Buddy List
Gatchamaniac

I am an Owl.

0 fics uploaded

spacer

Navigating I think I could do. Well .......

What frightens me most about TO and the TTC is the number of people. With all those people around I feel too crowded and worry I will be pushed off at the wrong stop or get trapped on the subway so I can not get off at the correct stop.

(Remember I am use to living in a community where the closest town had a population of 200+. The city I am living in now is as large as I can handle. When the neighbors get too noisy and the dog wants to run, that is when I wish I could move back into the country setting I am use to.)

No new posts 11-10-2007 21:59 clouddancer is offline Send an Email to clouddancer Search for Posts by clouddancer Add clouddancer to your Buddy List

I am a Swan.

40 fics uploaded

spacer

Now you know why people stand at the exit to the bus! They don't want to miss their stop! And then Tim rudely pushes by them... Roll

No new posts 11-10-2007 22:06 Transmute Jun is offline Send an Email to Transmute Jun Homepage of Transmute Jun Search for Posts by Transmute Jun Add Transmute Jun to your Buddy List
Gatchamaniac

I am an Owl.

0 fics uploaded

spacer

And I would be pushed out with him.
*Cloud stands on the platform with tears rolling down her face in hysterics, or in full panic mode, as the train leaves without her. Wondering where her Eagle is to rescue her.*

No new posts 11-10-2007 22:12 clouddancer is offline Send an Email to clouddancer Search for Posts by clouddancer Add clouddancer to your Buddy List
Master Boardie

0 fics uploaded

spacer

CD, I wouldn't worry about being pushed off a bus/subway and missing your stop - I have never seen that happen ever. People might push past you but they will never actually move you.

Sure the buses and subway can get crowded during rush hour but then that means it is mostly standing room (the seats are taken) - there is always some room to move. And if people don't get out of the way (like those selfish idiots who like to block entrances/exits) then you yell at them to get out of the way or push your way past them! *grin*

Sometimes the TTC can be very stressful to ride on but usually it isn't that bad. I know when I'm on the subway, I'm usually reading my notebook that I write my Japanese lessons in or I'm taking a nap.

I'm originally from a small village near Kingston, Ontario (Newburgh - Population less than 700!). I didn't have cable until I moved to Kingston for my university days. The place didn't get cable until the late 90s. I know I like my elbow room and sometimes the crowds here can be too much but if I could adjust then anyone can. ROFL 2

Cheers,
Tim

Cheers,
Tim

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by Sosai X on 11-10-2007 at 23:14.
No new posts 11-10-2007 23:12 Sosai X is offline Send an Email to Sosai X Homepage of Sosai X Search for Posts by Sosai X Add Sosai X to your Buddy List
Gatchamaniac

I am an Owl.

0 fics uploaded

spacer

quote:
CD, I wouldn't worry about being pushed off a bus/subway and missing your stop - I have never seen that happen ever. People might push past you but they will never actually move you.

Sure the buses and subway can get crowded during rush hour but then that means it is mostly standing room (the seats are taken) - there is always some room to move. And if people don't get out of the way (like those selfish idiots who like to block entrances/exits) then you yell at them to get out of the way or push your way past them! *grin*

Sometimes the TTC can be very stressful to ride on but usually it isn't that bad. I know when I'm on the subway, I'm usually reading my notebook that I write my Japanese lessons in or I'm taking a nap.

I'm originally from a small village near Kingston, Ontario (Newburgh - Population less than 700!). I didn't have cable until I moved to Kingston for my university days. The place didn't get cable until the late 90s. I know I like my elbow room and sometimes the crowds here can be too much but if I could adjust then anyone can. ROFL 2

Cheers,
Tim

Our situations sound similar. Except I do not think I will ever find TO a place I would enjoy. I am a country person at heart, (Drop me in a field blindfolded and I will find North and my way home, drop me in the city and I will curl up in a ball trembling like the mouse I am.)

I exaggerate a little, I adjusted to city life when I went to University in Thunderbay and am slowly adjusting to life on the outskirts of Toronto, but grew up in a tiny village in Caledon called Sandhill. If you are lucky you may find it on a map. A very LARGE scale map. They still don't get cable (probably never will) and can only use dial up internet.

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by clouddancer on 11-10-2007 at 23:33.
No new posts 11-10-2007 23:31 clouddancer is offline Send an Email to clouddancer Search for Posts by clouddancer Add clouddancer to your Buddy List
« previous  1  2  [3]  4  5  next »  --> Members browsing this thread: none Pages (5): « previous  1  2  [3]  4  5  next » 
Post New Thread Post Reply
Rate Thread: 

very bad very bad 

very good very good 

Go to: