Gatchamania.net
Register Memberlist Staff Search FAQ Arcade Calendar Gallery Filebase Forums Home  

Gatchamania.net »[Speak Up!] »General Discussion » V8 Super cars...Bathurst 1000
Print Page | Recommend to Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page V8 Super cars...Bathurst 1000
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Ebonyswanne Ebonyswanne is a Female
Gatchamaniac

I am a Swan.

23 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 25-04-2007

spacer
V8 Super cars...Bathurst 1000 Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator        IP Information Go to the top of this page

Bathurst 1000 is on right now and this is huge here in Aussie!

So this is really for all you Condors who love your fast cars and V8 super engines.

That's right this is a long race with change over's. I have been tempted to do a fic about Bathurst.

Most of the year it is a normal winding mountain road, but overnight Mount Panorama becomes a race track for the V8 super cars.

I was watching it earlier and I almost expected the Condor to get out of one of the cars...LOL

So all you Condor fans, just some racing information that maybe you could use for fics. I am no expert on racing, but it is good to know for stories.

RedVsblue

Of course Brocky will always be King of the Mountain! RIP

This post has been edited 3 time(s), it was last edited by Ebonyswanne on 07-10-2007 at 06:40.
No new posts 07-10-2007 04:32 Ebonyswanne is offline Send an Email to Ebonyswanne Search for Posts by Ebonyswanne Add Ebonyswanne to your Buddy List
Transmute Jun Transmute Jun is a Female
Queen of the Bird Missiles

I am a Swan.

40 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 04-04-2007

spacer
Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator        IP Information Go to the top of this page

Sounds like fun, Ebony! Like the Grad Prix in Monte Carlo, in the mountains! Car

No new posts 07-10-2007 04:45 Transmute Jun is offline Send an Email to Transmute Jun Homepage of Transmute Jun Search for Posts by Transmute Jun Add Transmute Jun to your Buddy List
Gatchamaniac

I am a Swan.

23 fics uploaded

spacer
Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator        IP Information Go to the top of this page

http://bigpondvideo.com/v8/41411

just a link for some racing hightlights...for all you petrol heads like the Condor...

and some Red Vs Blue...could they be Galactor! LOL

and we all know why Joe likes racing so much!

This post has been edited 3 time(s), it was last edited by Ebonyswanne on 07-10-2007 at 05:07.
No new posts 07-10-2007 05:04 Ebonyswanne is offline Send an Email to Ebonyswanne Search for Posts by Ebonyswanne Add Ebonyswanne to your Buddy List
Gatchamaniac

I am a Swan.

23 fics uploaded

spacer

quote:
Originally posted by Transmute Jun
Sounds like fun, Ebony! Like the Grad Prix in Monte Carlo, in the mountains! Car

I suppose it is, I don't know what cars they race there though...We seem to like our V8's over here...

No new posts 07-10-2007 06:41 Ebonyswanne is offline Send an Email to Ebonyswanne Search for Posts by Ebonyswanne Add Ebonyswanne to your Buddy List
Madilayn Madilayn is a Female
Mistress of Ebil

I am a Swan.

24 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 01-02-2006

spacer

And just in - Craig Lowndes has just won his second in a row (and a quick mention that he's a Brissy guy.....)

Been watching it on and off during the day - and the last 6 laps were real edge of the seat stuff.

I can definiately see a certain Condor (no matter what the incarnation) wanting to do a Bathurst 1000....

Ebony - I agree. A Condor at Bathurst fic is dfinitely in order!

"When I'm old, I don't want them to say of me, "She's so charming." I want them to say, "Be careful, I think she's armed." -G. Stoddart

No new posts 07-10-2007 07:17 Madilayn is offline Send an Email to Madilayn Homepage of Madilayn Search for Posts by Madilayn Add Madilayn to your Buddy List
amyltrer amyltrer is a Female
Gatchamaniac

I am an Egoblosser.

4 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 02-12-2006

spacer
RE: V8 Super cars...Bathurst 1000 Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator        IP Information Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by Ebonyswanne
Bathurst 1000 is on right now and this is huge here in Aussie!

So this is really for all you Condors who love your fast cars and V8 super engines.

That's right this is a long race with change over's. I have been tempted to do a fic about Bathurst.

Most of the year it is a normal winding mountain road, but overnight Mount Panorama becomes a race track for the V8 super cars.

I was watching it earlier and I almost expected the Condor to get out of one of the cars...LOL

So all you Condor fans, just some racing information that maybe you could use for fics. I am no expert on racing, but it is good to know for stories.

RedVsblue

Of course Brocky will always be King of the Mountain! RIP

Oh thanks Ebony, That could have been very useful I I had it before I'd wrote chap 5 from SG.

No need to say I'm with blue!

No new posts 07-10-2007 07:50 amyltrer is offline Send an Email to amyltrer Search for Posts by amyltrer Add amyltrer to your Buddy List YIM Screenname: amyltrer MSN Screenname: amyltrer@hotmail.com
Gatchamaniac

I am a Swan.

23 fics uploaded

spacer

quote:
Originally posted by Madilayn
And just in - Craig Lowndes has just won his second in a row (and a quick mention that he's a Brissy guy.....)

Been watching it on and off during the day - and the last 6 laps were real edge of the seat stuff.

I can definiately see a certain Condor (no matter what the incarnation) wanting to do a Bathurst 1000....

you know have the idea of it just not the story...DH wants one would you believe...it his only request and it shocked me that he suggested it!

No new posts 07-10-2007 12:15 Ebonyswanne is offline Send an Email to Ebonyswanne Search for Posts by Ebonyswanne Add Ebonyswanne to your Buddy List
Gatchamaniac

I am a Swan.

23 fics uploaded

spacer

quote:
Originally posted by Madilayn

Red = Holden Blue = Fords!

I watched some of it too...The race has lots of good info during I noticed...tech stuff.

And he won! Go Lowndes!

Ivory is cheering because all the top three were Fords...whoo He had to call his mates who were backing Holden and rub it in, as you do!

So he has had lots of beer today with boys because that is what you do when you are a lounge chair race car driver! They watch on a very big TV and Mr.Q's house.

They had the warm up online race last night...I'm going to design some racing skins for his online games car...he may end up in the G-2! Wink3

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by Ebonyswanne on 07-10-2007 at 12:26.
No new posts 07-10-2007 12:19 Ebonyswanne is offline Send an Email to Ebonyswanne Search for Posts by Ebonyswanne Add Ebonyswanne to your Buddy List
kimiko kimiko is a Female
Forum God

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 23-09-2007

spacer

What?? No Mother Mopar???first

No new posts 07-10-2007 15:30 kimiko is offline Send an Email to kimiko Search for Posts by kimiko Add kimiko to your Buddy List
Firebird
Princess Firebird..... Goddess of Swannie Fics

I am a Swan.

63 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 01-07-2002

spacer

Definitely a condor event I wonder if Imi went?

No new posts 08-10-2007 19:29 Firebird is offline Send an Email to Firebird Search for Posts by Firebird Add Firebird to your Buddy List AIM Screenname: Taishala YIM Screenname: taishala
Gatchamaniac

I am a Swan.

23 fics uploaded

spacer

You have to camp out to get a good spot to see the race and it one that I would go to. I have raced around the track when it is not in use for the V8's... it is normally a 60km zone residential area.
We filmed our race even...you know the start line thing etc (keeping to the speed limit because there are always radars set up there in the off season...I wonder why!LOL)

The race is a full day for those who don't know and it is all about who is the best...ford or Holden...

Some times it is good to watch a real race just to get the feel for it, they gave loads of tech stuff on the cars on the telly!

No new posts 09-10-2007 07:01 Ebonyswanne is offline Send an Email to Ebonyswanne Search for Posts by Ebonyswanne Add Ebonyswanne to your Buddy List
clouddancer clouddancer is a Female
Gatchamaniac

I am an Owl.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 10-04-2007

spacer

quote:
Originally posted by Ebonyswanne
You have to camp out to get a good spot to see the race and it one that I would go to. I have raced around the track when it is not in use for the V8's... it is normally a 60km zone residential area.
We filmed our race even...you know the start line thing etc (keeping to the speed limit because there are always radars set up there in the off season...I wonder why!LOL)

The race is a full day for those who don't know and it is all about who is the best...ford or Holden...

Some times it is good to watch a real race just to get the feel for it, they gave loads of tech stuff on the cars on the telly!

Seeing the real thing helps when writing. That is why I wondered about going to my local flying school to help out with my Mark and Tiny flight fic.

No new posts 09-10-2007 18:26 clouddancer is offline Send an Email to clouddancer Search for Posts by clouddancer Add clouddancer to your Buddy List
Transmute Jun Transmute Jun is a Female
Queen of the Bird Missiles

I am a Swan.

40 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 04-04-2007

spacer

ITA with you, CD. Having been with my DH in small Cessnas really helps with my fic-writing in that area!

No new posts 09-10-2007 19:57 Transmute Jun is offline Send an Email to Transmute Jun Homepage of Transmute Jun Search for Posts by Transmute Jun Add Transmute Jun to your Buddy List
Members browsing this thread: none
Post New Thread Post Reply
Rate Thread: 

very bad very bad 

very good very good 

Go to: