Gatchamania.net
Register Memberlist Staff Search FAQ Arcade Calendar Gallery Filebase Forums Home  

Gatchamania.net »[Speak Up!] »General Discussion » Grocery shopping at 2AM w/a Drunken Condor
Print Page | Recommend to Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Pages (5): [1]  2  3  next »  ... last »  Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page Grocery shopping at 2AM w/a Drunken Condor
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
kimiko kimiko is a Female
Forum God

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 23-09-2007

spacer
Mad Grocery shopping at 2AM w/a Drunken Condor Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator        IP Information Go to the top of this page

Why do I do this to myself??

Yes took the hubby shopping because he felt that we needed to...apparently because "I" needed to eat. And since he's the "chef" (thanks to the "Food Network") he's got to come along, because I don't get the right stuff or I forget things..."No honey it's because you're smashed and can't drive!"

You know the saying that you end up marrying your father? Doh2 Damn Freud! Damn you to...

It's bad enough having a backseat driver, nevermind him ranting about them not having his favorite style of canned beans in stock, or DAMMIT! No extra lean hamburger!! The furchildren's food wasn't in stock either...and "You don't need to go down the cereal aisle!" And as I try to multi-task and grab the needed items in order to shorten our visit in "Crabbyland", Apparently I wander off too much!---Wait a minute who's babysitting who here?

At least we entertained a few people! LOL! And after blowing $130 and getting home, and diplaying the glorious bounty in the cupboards...."Wait a minute...Where's the salsa?!!!!!" I don't know honey, didn't you see it near the Woooster-shester-shister-shire sauce? Or was that when I diverted your attention to the "Things we don't need Aisle", or the "Can't find a descent steak priced under $10 anymore?" section? *insert various sarcastic remarks*

watchout
Ahhh..we are two peas in a pod..just dodge the flying shuriken!

This post has been edited 4 time(s), it was last edited by kimiko on 29-09-2007 at 07:55.
No new posts 29-09-2007 07:38 kimiko is offline Send an Email to kimiko Search for Posts by kimiko Add kimiko to your Buddy List
Ebonyswanne Ebonyswanne is a Female
Gatchamaniac

I am a Swan.

23 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 25-04-2007

spacer
Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator        IP Information Go to the top of this page

WOW he sounds fussy!

My DH goes shopping with me once in a blue moon, and then he runs up the bill like it's no tomorrow, or he thinks that we will come under a nuclear attack and we will need the rations to tide us through...

Don't you hate it when you get home and discover you forgot the one thing you went out for!

P.S can he teach my DH how to cook and grocery shop...
My DH gets very stress out in the kitchen, you would think that the Queen was coming to dinner or something. I actully think he finds it more stressful than work to cook dinner...then he forgets to load the dishwasher...sigh! Wink2

No new posts 29-09-2007 10:01 Ebonyswanne is offline Send an Email to Ebonyswanne Search for Posts by Ebonyswanne Add Ebonyswanne to your Buddy List
Transmute Jun Transmute Jun is a Female
Queen of the Bird Missiles

I am a Swan.

40 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 04-04-2007

spacer
Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator        IP Information Go to the top of this page

In my house, I do ALL the grocery shopping. DH gets NOTHING unless *I* buy it for him.... Bwaaaa haaa haaaaa..... the power! The ultimate cosmic power!!!!! Devil1

Of course, it means that I never get a break. I'm ALWAYS doing the grocery shopping...

No new posts 29-09-2007 16:51 Transmute Jun is offline Send an Email to Transmute Jun Homepage of Transmute Jun Search for Posts by Transmute Jun Add Transmute Jun to your Buddy List
Springie Springie is a Female
Her Royal Fluffiness...Swan of Swans...

I am a Swan.

6 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 12-06-2006

spacer

My DH and I go back and forth...sometimes I go, and sometimes I send him with a list. He's really good about doing the shopping when I need him to, although he likes to add "extra goodies" to the list...he has this thing about cookies...Look

There is no problem that cannot be solved with time, patience, and a judicious amount of high explosives.

No new posts 29-09-2007 18:39 Springie is offline Send an Email to Springie Homepage of Springie Search for Posts by Springie Add Springie to your Buddy List YIM Screenname: Springie MSN Screenname: Springie
clouddancer clouddancer is a Female
Gatchamaniac

I am an Owl.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 10-04-2007

spacer

quote:
Originally posted by Springie
although he likes to add "extra goodies" to the list...he has this thing about cookies...Look

I have a thing about cookies too, especially chocolate chip cookies, or any chocolate cookies.

Oooops! my tummy just grumbled...I wonder if I have any cookies in the house right now?

No new posts 29-09-2007 22:20 clouddancer is offline Send an Email to clouddancer Search for Posts by clouddancer Add clouddancer to your Buddy List

I am a Swan.

40 fics uploaded

spacer

I just made cookies today. I ate some. And now I'm eating ice cream. I'm a baaaaad Swannie today.... (that's what diet cheat days are for, isn't it? Wink )

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by Transmute Jun on 29-09-2007 at 23:40.
No new posts 29-09-2007 23:39 Transmute Jun is offline Send an Email to Transmute Jun Homepage of Transmute Jun Search for Posts by Transmute Jun Add Transmute Jun to your Buddy List
Gatchamaniac

I am an Owl.

0 fics uploaded

spacer

I hope you saved some of those cookies for you kids and DH Party4

There is such a thing as diet cheat days?

Hmmm! I guess that is what I have when I decide to use up a weeks worth of points in one night.

No new posts 30-09-2007 00:20 clouddancer is offline Send an Email to clouddancer Search for Posts by clouddancer Add clouddancer to your Buddy List

I am a Swan.

40 fics uploaded

spacer

quote:
Originally posted by clouddancer
I hope you saved some of those cookies for you kids and DH Party4

There is such a thing as diet cheat days?

Oh, DH and the kids got plenty too. They were shortbread cookies with Heath Bar pieces. Yummmmmm......

My diet is basically being REALLY good 6 days a week, and having one 'cheat meal' once a week. If I do that, then it's easier to be good the other 6 days, because I have something to look forward to, KWIM? I also have one cheat day a month, which is nice for birthdays, holidays, etc.

Anyhow, it works for me. Wink

No new posts 30-09-2007 02:07 Transmute Jun is offline Send an Email to Transmute Jun Homepage of Transmute Jun Search for Posts by Transmute Jun Add Transmute Jun to your Buddy List
Gatchamaniac

I am an Owl.

0 fics uploaded

spacer

If it works for you than go for it.
Banana

No new posts 30-09-2007 03:01 clouddancer is offline Send an Email to clouddancer Search for Posts by clouddancer Add clouddancer to your Buddy List

I am a Swan.

40 fics uploaded

spacer

quote:
If it works for you than go for it.
Banana

We'll just see if I can get back into my bikini when we go to Australia!

No new posts 30-09-2007 03:15 Transmute Jun is offline Send an Email to Transmute Jun Homepage of Transmute Jun Search for Posts by Transmute Jun Add Transmute Jun to your Buddy List
Gatchamaniac

I am an Owl.

0 fics uploaded

spacer

Go for it TJ!!!!

Although you may want to watch out for all those UV rays. I think in Australia they keep covered up, to protect themselves from the sun.
but you would probably know better than me with all my miss-informed knowledge. Eek6

No new posts 30-09-2007 03:30 clouddancer is offline Send an Email to clouddancer Search for Posts by clouddancer Add clouddancer to your Buddy List

I am a Swan.

40 fics uploaded

spacer

quote:
Go for it TJ!!!!

Although you may want to watch out for all those UV rays. I think in Australia they keep covered up, to protect themselves from the sun.
but you would probably know better than me with all my miss-informed knowledge. Eek6

They do... and we'll be spending a few days in the tropics at the Great Barrier Reef in the middle of the Australian Summer. But I plan on lots of sunscreen, and rash guards in the water.

No new posts 30-09-2007 03:35 Transmute Jun is offline Send an Email to Transmute Jun Homepage of Transmute Jun Search for Posts by Transmute Jun Add Transmute Jun to your Buddy List
Gatchamaniac

I am an Owl.

0 fics uploaded

spacer

I remember snokeling in the Carribean but usually I wore a t shirt over my swim suit for protection.

But me being very fair skin, and my Grandmother having skin cancer made me very aware of the affects of the sun on my body.

No new posts 30-09-2007 04:41 clouddancer is offline Send an Email to clouddancer Search for Posts by clouddancer Add clouddancer to your Buddy List

I am a Swan.

40 fics uploaded

spacer

quote:
I remember snokeling in the Carribean but usually I wore a t shirt over my swim suit for protection.

But me being very fair skin, and my Grandmother having skin cancer made me very aware of the affects of the sun on my body.

No skin cancer in my family, but we are all very fair and I do tend to slather on the sunscreen in the summer.

No new posts 30-09-2007 04:44 Transmute Jun is offline Send an Email to Transmute Jun Homepage of Transmute Jun Search for Posts by Transmute Jun Add Transmute Jun to your Buddy List
Gatchamaniac

I am a Swan.

23 fics uploaded

spacer

quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Springie
although he likes to add "extra goodies" to the list...he has this thing about cookies...Look

I have a thing about cookies too, especially chocolate chip cookies, or any chocolate cookies.

Oooops! my tummy just grumbled...I wonder if I have any cookies in the house right now?

Do you like to have with a glass of cold milk? My DH LOVES chocolate chip biscuits...with a glass of cold milk. He acts like a kid when I buy them for him...

You'd be his best friend if you offered him a choc chip cookie with milk...

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by Ebonyswanne on 30-09-2007 at 05:08.
No new posts 30-09-2007 05:07 Ebonyswanne is offline Send an Email to Ebonyswanne Search for Posts by Ebonyswanne Add Ebonyswanne to your Buddy List
Gatchamaniac

I am a Swan.

23 fics uploaded

spacer

quote:
Originally posted by Transmute Jun
quote:
Go for it TJ!!!!

They do... and we'll be spending a few days in the tropics at the Great Barrier Reef in the middle of the Australian Summer. But I plan on lots of sunscreen, and rash guards in the water.

You bet TJ 30+ sunscreen is ALL I use, forget 15+ it is not strong enough...Zink cream in fluro colours for the kids noses, they'll love it!

Well it looks like it is going to be a very hot summer, it is very warm now for this time of year!

No new posts 30-09-2007 05:10 Ebonyswanne is offline Send an Email to Ebonyswanne Search for Posts by Ebonyswanne Add Ebonyswanne to your Buddy List
Firebird
Princess Firebird..... Goddess of Swannie Fics

I am a Swan.

63 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 01-07-2002

spacer

My DH and I share the shopping but he does most of the cooking. (I can cook he just spoils me).

I too am fair skinned so burn rather than tan I tend to use the highest factor I can find.

No new posts 30-09-2007 10:05 Firebird is offline Send an Email to Firebird Search for Posts by Firebird Add Firebird to your Buddy List AIM Screenname: Taishala YIM Screenname: taishala
kimiko kimiko is a Female
Forum God

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 23-09-2007

spacer

If you Aussies are "fair skinned" then this canuck is "ghostly"!Ghost2 It doesn't help that I work the graveyard shift. I suppose I could look at it as having one less cancer-causing element in my life!

The last time I went to the beach was in Florida early '90's. Even though I went to the tanning beds to get a precautionary base tan, I was slathered constantly in UV 15 and a layer of sand which stuck to me. Still the helpful southern folks would take one look at me and say "Guuurl yooouu gonna buuuurn! Yoou best git youurself some sunscreen!" I would have to show them my tanline from my bikini bottom to explain that this was actually a tan!

When I do have a tan I basically look like I need a good soak in the hot tub..kind of beige-grey, taupe if you will. LOL!

As for the hubby being picky...well no he just loves to push my buttons and it was working! He isn't a sweets fan like me. He's more of a sour fan, you know, the kind of candies that make your face pucker like an old man whose just taken his dentures out! Though he doesn't like salted licorice, which I love! Pickles on the other hand...the shopping cart would half-full of if I let him.

So he's sour & pickley and I'm sweet & salty, but there is a common ground in garlic & curry!

No new posts 30-09-2007 12:38 kimiko is offline Send an Email to kimiko Search for Posts by kimiko Add kimiko to your Buddy List
Gatchamaniac

I am a Swan.

23 fics uploaded

spacer

I have had one potential skin cancer removed from the tip of my nose last year...(painful skin rotation I now have a very faint scare there) no sunbaking for this Swan! I don't want melanomas....you have got to be crazy to get Deliberately sunburnt!

I think fair skin is beautiful anyway, tans only make you wrinkle faster...I stopped tanning in my teens...(natural dark skin is also beautiful...)

When I get a tan it is a golden colour, but now I am pale, and I have healthy skin...

I had a flyer in my letter box from a green grocer that delivers!

I had my first delivery from him yesterday and it was great...cuts down on grocery shopping time for me!

I like that man!

No new posts 30-09-2007 13:26 Ebonyswanne is offline Send an Email to Ebonyswanne Search for Posts by Ebonyswanne Add Ebonyswanne to your Buddy List
Gatchamaniac

I am an Owl.

0 fics uploaded

spacer

quote:
Originally posted by Ebonyswanne
I had a flyer in my letter box from a green grocer that delivers!

I had my first delivery from him yesterday and it was great...cuts down on grocery shopping time for me!

I like that man!

I imagine it would cut down on the shopping time but if I did that I would never get out of the house.

I also wonder about the produce they choose. Is it good quality?
I don't want a delivery of veggies that look like they fell off the truck before they arrived at my house.

No new posts 30-09-2007 14:24 clouddancer is offline Send an Email to clouddancer Search for Posts by clouddancer Add clouddancer to your Buddy List
[1]  2  3  next »  ... last »  --> Members browsing this thread: none Pages (5): [1]  2  3  next »  ... last » 
Post New Thread Post Reply
Rate Thread: 

very bad very bad 

very good very good 

Go to: