Gatchamania.net
Register Memberlist Staff Search FAQ Arcade Calendar Gallery Filebase Forums Home  

Gatchamania.net »[Speak Up!] »General Discussion » The Birthday Thread
Print Page | Recommend to Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Pages (4): « previous  1  [2]  3  4  next »  Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page The Birthday Thread
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Transmute Jun Transmute Jun is a Female
Queen of the Bird Missiles

I am a Swan.

40 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 04-04-2007

spacer
Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator        IP Information Go to the top of this page

I suspect Nambu wanted to be a teenager again just to go back to a time before he had ever heard of Galactor. Wink

As for the team, I think it was more that they felt old with the job they were doing.

No new posts 28-09-2007 20:19 Transmute Jun is offline Send an Email to Transmute Jun Homepage of Transmute Jun Search for Posts by Transmute Jun Add Transmute Jun to your Buddy List
zoessister zoessister is a Female
Exalted Member

I am a Swan.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 05-04-2006

spacer
The Birthday Thread Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator        IP Information Go to the top of this page

Yes, I had a good birthday. I hope your daughter did too.Thanks For the Happy Birthday,Ebony, I appreciate it.

No new posts 29-09-2007 06:51 zoessister is offline Send an Email to zoessister Search for Posts by zoessister Add zoessister to your Buddy List
clouddancer clouddancer is a Female
Gatchamaniac

I am an Owl.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 10-04-2007

spacer
Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator        IP Information Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by Springie
Mine is March 1st...but I'd rather it didn't come...I'm getting scarily close to 40...

I'm a March baby too, March 24.

No new posts 29-09-2007 21:07 clouddancer is offline Send an Email to clouddancer Search for Posts by clouddancer Add clouddancer to your Buddy List
Firebird
Princess Firebird..... Goddess of Swannie Fics

I am a Swan.

63 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 01-07-2002

spacer

OOH! CD you have the same Birthday as my son.

Are you a typical Aries?

No new posts 30-09-2007 10:10 Firebird is offline Send an Email to Firebird Search for Posts by Firebird Add Firebird to your Buddy List AIM Screenname: Taishala YIM Screenname: taishala
kimiko kimiko is a Female
Forum God

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 23-09-2007

spacer

Ahh yes the big 4-0...other than the unending teasing that I received at work (and the huge ass card & cake!)..the big day came & went without much ado.

Still feel the same...just a few more grey hairs that seem to be popping up..(OK they've been there for a while!) Still get the occasional once over glances and flirtations until the glaring Condor hubby comes over and marks his territory! Still fit into jeans...though Hubby wants a few more lbs in there (wouldn't mind that-if only they'd go in the right spots!)

"It's just a number", "You're only as old as you feel", "i'm 39 and holding", "I'm 21 with 19 years experience" *insert your own age-related self-denial diatribe*

I have officially adopted the title of "Cougar"! I keep seeing that ad on TV for some painkiller that has the charging cougar.."Your muscles drive you..only if they don't hurt you!" Bwwwaaa haa haa! ME like!

I'm like a bottle of fine wine, the older the better it gets...just lay me horizontal in the dark, cork and uncork (and repeat and repeat and repeat)...LOL *hubby's remark* "I don't like wine" OK I'm scotch, rye whiskey, whatever...just if you're going to use mixes we're going in the tub!

If you don't drink there's always the "Classic car" comparison (anything over 25 years old). My mom had a (slut-red as she referred to it) '67 Ford Falcon, and liked to joke that she had two belongings made in that year. Not quite sure that you should equate your 16 year old daughter (at the time) to anything "slutty". LOL

But yes I'm a slut-red '67 *insert favorite car*.

*hubby's remarks* "I can't afford you, You're too high maintainance, You're not exactly eco-friendly, You're a gas guzzler, You're too loud, I'm afraid that you'll get hot-wired & stolen (awe!), but man I love to tinker under your hood and drive you! (grins)

So wax me up and take me for a spin already!!! That's the only thing I've noticed is the libido (which was already high) has gone turbo-mode!

As for the boob-squishing thing...yes the doc has stated it is time! Don't like the idea of getting them pancaked (would prefer to let gravity take care of that), but it will be arranged soon.

For the youngins out there...I know it seems hard..and you've heard this all before...but yes just sit back and enjoy this time in your life! Cause 20 years pass faster than you'll ever believe! If I could go back to that age knowing what I know now...OMG!!! Lock up your sons everyone! The cougar is on the prowl!!!

*The cougar goes and pounces on hubby*

NOT NOW PEG!!! BUT AL!!!

No new posts 30-09-2007 11:37 kimiko is offline Send an Email to kimiko Search for Posts by kimiko Add kimiko to your Buddy List
Ebonyswanne Ebonyswanne is a Female
Gatchamaniac

I am a Swan.

23 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 25-04-2007

spacer

KImiko can I offer you a glass of 2005 Wydham Estate Shiraz deep red in colour (aged just enough to have a good light peppery flavour with the after taste of soft plum and cigars and a nice BIG finish, not for the faint hearted) The hallmark grape of the Hunter Valley...

Here have some aged vintage cheese to top it with some antipasto...

A very good drop, my favourite...

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by Ebonyswanne on 30-09-2007 at 13:41.
No new posts 30-09-2007 13:40 Ebonyswanne is offline Send an Email to Ebonyswanne Search for Posts by Ebonyswanne Add Ebonyswanne to your Buddy List
Gatchamaniac

I am a Swan.

23 fics uploaded

spacer

I just thought I would share some smilies since I and getting my post count up tonight...See TJ...DH is out and Ebony can't sleep...I just don't when he is not here....

Monalisa Pretty Demonic (Devilstar)2guns 7zark7 Abduct3 Animelove Alcoholic2 Alcoholic2 Alcoholic2 Alcoholic2 Alcoholic2 Alcoholic2 Alcoholic2 Alcoholic2 Alcoholic2 Alcoholic2 Alcoholic2 Alcoholic2 Alcoholic2 Alcoholic2 Alcoholic2 Alcoholic2 Alieneyes Alieneyes

No new posts 30-09-2007 13:43 Ebonyswanne is offline Send an Email to Ebonyswanne Search for Posts by Ebonyswanne Add Ebonyswanne to your Buddy List
Gatchamaniac

I am an Owl.

0 fics uploaded

spacer

quote:
Originally posted by Firebird
OOH! CD you have the same Birthday as my son.

Are you a typical Aries?

Well, I have a some of the characteristics: enthusiastic, adventurous, humorous, very independent but I do not feel like I am impulsive, head strong or a leader. Although the fights my brother and I used to get into I always had to be right and I was older so he "had to listen to me." Maybe I have just learned to tone those "pushy" qualities down, and use my devious mind to get what I want in other ways.

I feel I display more Picean ones, I believe I am a cusp Birthday: compassionate, empathetic, imaginative, sensitive, mystical, passive, easy-going, funny, accepting, undiscriminating, charitable and artistic.

No new posts 30-09-2007 13:57 clouddancer is offline Send an Email to clouddancer Search for Posts by clouddancer Add clouddancer to your Buddy List
Gatchamaniac

I am an Owl.

0 fics uploaded

spacer

quote:
Originally posted by Ebonyswanne
I just thought I would share some smilies since I and getting my post count up tonight...See TJ...DH is out and Ebony can't sleep...I just don't when he is not here....

Monalisa Pretty Demonic (Devilstar)2guns 7zark7 Abduct3 Animelove Alcoholic2 Alcoholic2 Alcoholic2 Alcoholic2 Alcoholic2 Alcoholic2 Alcoholic2 Alcoholic2 Alcoholic2 Alcoholic2 Alcoholic2 Alcoholic2 Alcoholic2 Alcoholic2 Alcoholic2 Alcoholic2 Alieneyes Alieneyes

that is the way to do it Ebony keep it up you are almost there.!!!!cheeleader3 cheeleader3 cheeleader3

No new posts 30-09-2007 14:02 clouddancer is offline Send an Email to clouddancer Search for Posts by clouddancer Add clouddancer to your Buddy List
Gatchamaniac

I am a Swan.

23 fics uploaded

spacer

Ebonys little fingers are getting sore from all this typing!

Twonk Freak2 Takethat Crazy2 flower2

Some new smilies for you all...no wonder TJ got looney!

No new posts 30-09-2007 14:05 Ebonyswanne is offline Send an Email to Ebonyswanne Search for Posts by Ebonyswanne Add Ebonyswanne to your Buddy List

I am a Swan.

40 fics uploaded

spacer

Huggles Kimiko! And thanks for the advice. It's nice to know that you still get glances! Nothing like that in my area... not for a loooooong time.... I'm just not holding it together.

Well, my DH loves me, and likes me in a 2 piece bathing suit. So I guess that's all that's important, right? I have my Eagle! Big Grin

No new posts 30-09-2007 14:24 Transmute Jun is offline Send an Email to Transmute Jun Homepage of Transmute Jun Search for Posts by Transmute Jun Add Transmute Jun to your Buddy List

I am a Swan.

40 fics uploaded

spacer

quote:
Originally posted by Ebonyswanne

Well, it certainly appears that you've been active!!!

No new posts 30-09-2007 14:26 Transmute Jun is offline Send an Email to Transmute Jun Homepage of Transmute Jun Search for Posts by Transmute Jun Add Transmute Jun to your Buddy List
Metaliant Metaliant is a Male
Gatchamaniac

I am an Eagle.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 06-06-2005

spacer

quote:
Originally posted by Springie
Mine is March 1st...but I'd rather it didn't come...I'm getting scarily close to 40...

My brother is already 40 and I love to remind him of it. Mind you I am only 5 years to go before I hit the big 40.

No new posts 04-10-2007 14:28 Metaliant is offline Send an Email to Metaliant Homepage of Metaliant Search for Posts by Metaliant Add Metaliant to your Buddy List MSN Screenname: The Legend
Gatchamaniac

I am an Eagle.

0 fics uploaded

spacer

quote:
Originally posted by Transmute Jun
quote:
Originally posted by amyltrer
So I haven't outgrew my pampers then..... I can't wait to get over the teenager period. Teddy

Trust me, enjoy it while you're there! I wish I could redo a lot of those years over again!

I wish I could as well. My luife could be so different.......though maybe not.

No new posts 04-10-2007 14:31 Metaliant is offline Send an Email to Metaliant Homepage of Metaliant Search for Posts by Metaliant Add Metaliant to your Buddy List MSN Screenname: The Legend
Gatchamaniac

I am an Eagle.

0 fics uploaded

spacer

quote:
Originally posted by amyltrer
Geez, TJ, I want to skip it and get to adulthood as much as you want to get back to it.

I cannot stop to wonder if the Gatch team members felt that way, since they're about my age. Or if Nambu would like to be a teenager again.

And so do Galactor as they won't have heard of Nambu, ISO or the Gatchaman team.

No new posts 04-10-2007 14:32 Metaliant is offline Send an Email to Metaliant Homepage of Metaliant Search for Posts by Metaliant Add Metaliant to your Buddy List MSN Screenname: The Legend
Gatchamaniac

I am an Eagle.

0 fics uploaded

spacer

quote:
Originally posted by kimiko
Ahh yes the big 4-0...other than the unending teasing that I received at work (and the huge ass card & cake!)..the big day came & went without much ado.

Still feel the same...just a few more grey hairs that seem to be popping up..(OK they've been there for a while!) Still get the occasional once over glances and flirtations until the glaring Condor hubby comes over and marks his territory! Still fit into jeans...though Hubby wants a few more lbs in there (wouldn't mind that-if only they'd go in the right spots!)

"It's just a number", "You're only as old as you feel", "i'm 39 and holding", "I'm 21 with 19 years experience" *insert your own age-related self-denial diatribe*

I have officially adopted the title of "Cougar"! I keep seeing that ad on TV for some painkiller that has the charging cougar.."Your muscles drive you..only if they don't hurt you!" Bwwwaaa haa haa! ME like!

I'm like a bottle of fine wine, the older the better it gets...just lay me horizontal in the dark, cork and uncork (and repeat and repeat and repeat)...LOL *hubby's remark* "I don't like wine" OK I'm scotch, rye whiskey, whatever...just if you're going to use mixes we're going in the tub!

If you don't drink there's always the "Classic car" comparison (anything over 25 years old). My mom had a (slut-red as she referred to it) '67 Ford Falcon, and liked to joke that she had two belongings made in that year. Not quite sure that you should equate your 16 year old daughter (at the time) to anything "slutty". LOL

But yes I'm a slut-red '67 *insert favorite car*.

*hubby's remarks* "I can't afford you, You're too high maintainance, You're not exactly eco-friendly, You're a gas guzzler, You're too loud, I'm afraid that you'll get hot-wired & stolen (awe!), but man I love to tinker under your hood and drive you! (grins)

So wax me up and take me for a spin already!!! That's the only thing I've noticed is the libido (which was already high) has gone turbo-mode!

As for the boob-squishing thing...yes the doc has stated it is time! Don't like the idea of getting them pancaked (would prefer to let gravity take care of that), but it will be arranged soon.

For the youngins out there...I know it seems hard..and you've heard this all before...but yes just sit back and enjoy this time in your life! Cause 20 years pass faster than you'll ever believe! If I could go back to that age knowing what I know now...OMG!!! Lock up your sons everyone! The cougar is on the prowl!!!

*The cougar goes and pounces on hubby*

NOT NOW PEG!!! BUT AL!!!

Has anybody heard of the song Class of 99, Where the high school principal said all of those things. I believe they are true, no matter what age you are or will be.

No new posts 04-10-2007 14:36 Metaliant is offline Send an Email to Metaliant Homepage of Metaliant Search for Posts by Metaliant Add Metaliant to your Buddy List MSN Screenname: The Legend
Madilayn Madilayn is a Female
Mistress of Ebil

I am a Swan.

24 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 01-02-2006

spacer

Kim - I agree with you about 40! I don't feel any differnt inside at 40 than I did when I was 21....

So I always say I'm 21 and some odd months (my friends say that some of the months were very odd indeed....)

Still - is traumatic to turn 40 and move up a category in surveys, etc. And in just over 2 months I'll be 41. *le sigh*

Of course, my poor old bod wishes I was 21 again. I seem to get sleepy faster, and the poor joints just protest....

"When I'm old, I don't want them to say of me, "She's so charming." I want them to say, "Be careful, I think she's armed." -G. Stoddart

No new posts 04-10-2007 20:16 Madilayn is offline Send an Email to Madilayn Homepage of Madilayn Search for Posts by Madilayn Add Madilayn to your Buddy List
Gatchamaniac

I am a Swan.

23 fics uploaded

spacer

I now have 4 years to go until I turn 40 sigh

No new posts 04-10-2007 21:14 Ebonyswanne is offline Send an Email to Ebonyswanne Search for Posts by Ebonyswanne Add Ebonyswanne to your Buddy List

I am a Swan.

40 fics uploaded

spacer

Ugh... 40... isn't that older than Nambu?????

No new posts 05-10-2007 01:00 Transmute Jun is offline Send an Email to Transmute Jun Homepage of Transmute Jun Search for Posts by Transmute Jun Add Transmute Jun to your Buddy List
kimiko kimiko is a Female
Forum God

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 23-09-2007

spacer

Maddy I hear you girl! I think the genetics are starting to kick in. I listen to my parents' various complaints of aging and I think...Man I feel like that now! Dad's arthritis/chemical imbalance and mom's recent heart/diabetes problems...Hmmm is this what I'm gonna get?

Shit I'm already doing more drugs than I did in highschool only these ones are legal! LOL!

You know it's kind of funny...Mom is an Aries (like moi) and Dad is a Capricorn and my problem areas being the head and the knees/joints are the corresponding areas for each sign. Coinky-dink??

No new posts 05-10-2007 11:46 kimiko is offline Send an Email to kimiko Search for Posts by kimiko Add kimiko to your Buddy List
« previous  1  [2]  3  4  next »  --> Members browsing this thread: none Pages (4): « previous  1  [2]  3  4  next » 
Post New Thread Post Reply
Rate Thread: 

very bad very bad 

very good very good 

Go to: