Gatchamania.net
Register Memberlist Staff Search FAQ Arcade Calendar Gallery Filebase Forums Home  

Gatchamania.net »[Speak Up!] »Introductions » Character Intro - Firebird
Print Page | Recommend to Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page Character Intro - Firebird
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Firebird
Princess Firebird..... Goddess of Swannie Fics

I am a Swan.

63 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 01-07-2002

spacer
Character Intro - Firebird Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator        IP Information Go to the top of this page

Name: Not known other than Firebird (Later revealed as Taishala but not commonly known)

Eyes : Any colour she chooses

Hair : As with eyes

Background:

Firebird is an essence she has been around a very long time but is still consider by others of her kind to be young. She has the ability to take any form but chooses to take that of a human as they intrigue her the most.

Her name comes from the fact that in her true essence state she has the appearance of a flame.

Each of her kind has a responsibility though there are very few left. The reason for this is not clear as they just simply ceased to exist.

They look after the realms of time and dimensions amongst others.

Firebird was given the responsibility of Life and Death, it is one that she takes seriously and is careful to protect, though she cannot interfere with the actions of mortals. She is careful to ensure the balance and harmony.

Because she is young, she is mischievous and likes to pull pranks but would never endanger a life in doing so. She is also able to sense what is important to a person and may use that to teach a lesson, without causing harm. Though she does have what in human terms is know as a temper and does not like to be challenged.

Because Firebird is an essence, she does not really have a gender though because of her nature she frequently takes female form. She can be gentle and will frequently ease the passing of a life to prevent unnecessary suffering if she can. Despite her mischievous nature she is intensely curious about all forms of life. To the extent that she will while away time experiencing what it is to be that creature.

Firebird will be granted further responsibilities as she matures when considered to have done so by her kind, she will be given the responsibility of choosing life and death. At her current stage she is not welcoming this as she still has emotional attachment as sorts to life forms.

So much so that when a planet of a large number of life forms dies it will have an affect on her making her appear to faint. Although she does not suffer physical harm it is the overwhelming loss of life that saddens her.

She has the ability to feel a wide range of emotions but the strongest of these tend to be negative her positive emotions really come from giving to others and feeling their response to what happens. She is still learning about the universe around her and more importantly about herself and her abilities. Many of her kind consider her too emotionally attached to be able to make an unbiased judgement.

To know more about her it is necessary to go back to the beginning.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

They were not born as such they were not there and in the next moment they appeared. There were four of them in all.

Krish - Oldest and father figure to the others - he guarded the different dimensions ensuring they did not merge and that no inter-dimensional traveller caused major problems. He was very self assured to the point of arrogance about his responsibility and would frequently tell of the others if he thought it required it regardless of whether he was right or not. His essence form is that of earth as he grounds the dimensions. He is very strict and believes in punishing the others if he feels it necessary.

Yana - was next oldest as such - She was like a big sister and was responsible for the elements. She guarded the storms, the sunshine, the wind and the ground. She looked after the various atmospherical conditions on the different worlds. She frequently was called upon to maintain peace between the others. She tries to encourage Firebird to learn about the universe around her quietly knowing that the other two would disapprove. She was a water essence fluid and calm until the storm comes.

Melker - guardian of time - worked closely with Krish as time is but another dimension. He is about the same age as Yana but is considered to be the middle in the age range. He is the air essence and as with most middle siblings is the quieter. He is calm and will often consider actions in relation to time and his family. He can also bluster like the wind and when angry puts a tornado to shame. He does not agree with Firebirds need to learn about the other life forms in the universe, as he feels they are of less importance and not worthy of the time.

Firebird - Youngest and most inquisitive - She is the fire essence and was given the responsibility of the realms of life and death. Initially she is not allowed to interfere but as she grows up gaining more wisdom and learns more her powers grow with her.

Like any child she can be petulant and misunderstand. Unlike the others she travels the universe and will often take the form of a life form to experience what it is to be that creature. Like her elemental essence form she has a fiery temper.

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by Firebird on 16-09-2007 at 18:28.
Reason: reformat
No new posts 16-09-2007 18:24 Firebird is offline Send an Email to Firebird Search for Posts by Firebird Add Firebird to your Buddy List AIM Screenname: Taishala YIM Screenname: taishala
Firebird

I am a Swan.

63 fics uploaded

spacer
bio cont Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator        IP Information Go to the top of this page

This is the story of her kind..

Krish became aware of a voice speaking to him. He did not know to whom it belonged only that it was responsible for him being there. Then he realised it was one of his kind ceasing to be and giving its responsibility to him. The guardian of dimensions is what he became but at that time he had all the other responsibilities as well. After what in human terms were a few centuries passed he felt he needed help so two more came. Yana was the first calm and flowing like the water essence she was. She was given the responsibility of looking after the elements in relation to the various worlds. Krish did not know why he had chosen to delegate that to her but she seemed to be perfect for the task. Then Melker arrived he took on the undertaking of being guardian to time although in fact merely another dimension. Krish felt that it needed careful monitoring and looking after. It continued that way for what in human terms were a few centuries more. Then the decision was made that as the universe expanded a new essence was needed and so Firebird arrived. Essence of Fire she lived up to her form, fiery and wild and out of control at first. The others doubted whether she could live up to the responsibility she was given by them it was discussed by the others and eventually agreed she would be the guardian of life and death. But unlike the others they felt she needed to be taught a lesson and to do so they her cursed to feel the joy and pain in fact all the emotions of all the souls in the universe.

It took a while for her to understand, as at first she felt nothing, they told her she was a mere baby after all, but that soon as she became aware of all the souls that were around. All the emotions that filled the universe that she picked up on, that filled her. She felt the emotions but did not understand them. She was filled with knowledge that as yet she did not understand. She looked at them wanting them to explain but they did not. Krish told her she must find her own path, must learn on her own as it was what he had done. He then left her there.

Firebird did not know what to do she was alone and yet not, filled with all the emotions, she remained there overwhelmed by it all. So she decided to set out to learn about the various other life forms in the universe. At first the other three did not agree but Firebird soon won Yana round to her side, explaining that they had cursed her to feel these things without understanding them and if she was truly one day to decide who lives and dies then she must learn all there is to know to make an informed decision, so as not to upset the cosmic balance. Yana assisted her in putting this viewpoint across to Melker and Krish calmly in the end they had no option to agree seeing the logic in the argument.

So she set off with her new responsibilities, guarding over the realms of life and death but restricted in that she could not interfere. She travelled many worlds over time watched their creation and destruction. Felt the emotions of all the living creatures on each world and as time went on learnt to accept those emotions. She knew what was to come eventually she would decide firstly on what was to live she would even be able to assist in the creation of a world if the forces were right. This would come first but later.

Later on however she would have to make decision on who and what was to die. The more she learnt about the universe around her the less she liked the thought of that. She came across many worlds and saw conflicts on one such world she saw a child crying about to be hurt by a soldier, her anger took the better of her and she appeared scaring the soldier away by taking the form of a phoenix. She then changed to a form similar to the child and delivered it to safety. She was summonsed back to the inter-dimensional realm her family residing in for that and Krish punished her by having Yana create a natural disaster on that world killing the child anyway. He said that the child had been destined to die in the horrible manner the guard was to inflict on it. Firebird collapsed under the raw emotion of a thousand people dying in extreme pain from the volcanic eruption Yana had created. It was a while before she recovered to see Yana with her. She looked at Yana and whispered Why? Why did you do as he bid and take their lives is that not my responsibility? Why can't I stop the cruelty? Why must I sit back and watch as so much pain is inflicted?

Yana looked at her and explained softly We can only help a little there is an order to things every life form has a predestined amount of time on the world it is fate that decrees this, to change this would unbalance the universe.

Firebird asked, You mean I had to let that child suffer? You all cursed me to feel their pain and it hurts the same no matter whether one or 1000 are experiencing it

Yana replied, You were given that because you needed to be calmed child, you as I said can only help a little. In your case that means you can ease their passing but you should not mess with the order of things. Those are the facts. Yana disappeared then leaving her alone once more.

Firebird considered what Yana had told her but it did not make her feel any better, though she doubted it was meant to. She was confused, they had cursed her to feel the pain of all living things in the universe and yes the positive emotions to the joy, love and hope.

No new posts 16-09-2007 18:28 Firebird is offline Send an Email to Firebird Search for Posts by Firebird Add Firebird to your Buddy List AIM Screenname: Taishala YIM Screenname: taishala
Firebird

I am a Swan.

63 fics uploaded

spacer
Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator        IP Information Go to the top of this page

My reason for posting this is so you know what Firebird the character is about. For the purposes of the IF will dampen this down considerably if agreeable and try make her more like the person behind the character (except I am no good at magic Wink2 )

No new posts 16-09-2007 18:43 Firebird is offline Send an Email to Firebird Search for Posts by Firebird Add Firebird to your Buddy List AIM Screenname: Taishala YIM Screenname: taishala
clouddancer clouddancer is a Female
Gatchamaniac

I am an Owl.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 10-04-2007

spacer
Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator        IP Information Go to the top of this page

In an IF we can do anything we set our minds to.

Do you really think I can fly?? Cloud got to fly the Phoenix.

No new posts 16-09-2007 18:58 clouddancer is offline Send an Email to clouddancer Search for Posts by clouddancer Add clouddancer to your Buddy List
Transmute Jun Transmute Jun is a Female
Queen of the Bird Missiles

I am a Swan.

40 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 04-04-2007

spacer

LOL... I'm not sure I'd be as bold with the Condor IRL... but it's fun to write anyhow. Wink

I gather this is a unique character you made up FB? Have you done any specific stories for her?

No new posts 16-09-2007 22:40 Transmute Jun is offline Send an Email to Transmute Jun Homepage of Transmute Jun Search for Posts by Transmute Jun Add Transmute Jun to your Buddy List
Firebird

I am a Swan.

63 fics uploaded

spacer

I have and I have them around somewhere.

She also used to RP in the old chat room with Imicondor and got the nickname Sprite.

No new posts 17-09-2007 09:27 Firebird is offline Send an Email to Firebird Search for Posts by Firebird Add Firebird to your Buddy List AIM Screenname: Taishala YIM Screenname: taishala
Members browsing this thread: none
Post New Thread Post Reply
Rate Thread: 

very bad very bad 

very good very good 

Go to: