Gatchamania.net
Register Memberlist Staff Search FAQ Arcade Calendar Gallery Filebase Forums Home  

Gatchamania.net »[Fun Forums] »You Gotta See This! » Alternative fuels
Print Page | Recommend to Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Pages (4): [1]  2  3  next »  ... last »  Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page Alternative fuels
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Firebird
Princess Firebird..... Goddess of Swannie Fics

I am a Swan.

63 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 01-07-2002

spacer
Alternative fuels Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator        IP Information Go to the top of this page

So in another topic we got into a discussion on alternative fuel vehicles, so on looking a bt I found this.

Alternative fuel vehicles

No new posts 15-09-2007 17:40 Firebird is offline Send an Email to Firebird Search for Posts by Firebird Add Firebird to your Buddy List AIM Screenname: Taishala YIM Screenname: taishala
amyltrer amyltrer is a Female
Gatchamaniac

I am an Egoblosser.

4 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 02-12-2006

spacer
Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator        IP Information Go to the top of this page

Now I'm wondering what sort of fuel the Phoenixes use. Shouldn't the gas tank go bum during the Firebird?

No new posts 15-09-2007 17:43 amyltrer is offline Send an Email to amyltrer Search for Posts by amyltrer Add amyltrer to your Buddy List YIM Screenname: amyltrer MSN Screenname: amyltrer@hotmail.com
Madilayn Madilayn is a Female
Mistress of Ebil

I am a Swan.

24 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 01-02-2006

spacer
Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator        IP Information Go to the top of this page

An idea I once played around with (many years ago as a teenager) is that somehow the Phoenix drew it's power directly from the energies of the team.

It went some way to explaining why they were so drained after a Firey Phoenix burst

It went the other way too - that the team was linked in someway to the Phoenix - sort of a two-way symbiotic relationship.

I never worked out the details, so there are holes in this theory big enough to fly said Phoenix through.....

"When I'm old, I don't want them to say of me, "She's so charming." I want them to say, "Be careful, I think she's armed." -G. Stoddart

No new posts 15-09-2007 19:31 Madilayn is offline Send an Email to Madilayn Homepage of Madilayn Search for Posts by Madilayn Add Madilayn to your Buddy List
Transmute Jun Transmute Jun is a Female
Queen of the Bird Missiles

I am a Swan.

40 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 04-04-2007

spacer

Maybe the Phoenix burns up all of its fuel, and then from out of the ashes, new fuel arises....

(Sorry... taking the Phoenix metaphor a bit far....)

No new posts 15-09-2007 20:05 Transmute Jun is offline Send an Email to Transmute Jun Homepage of Transmute Jun Search for Posts by Transmute Jun Add Transmute Jun to your Buddy List
Gatchamaniac

I am an Egoblosser.

4 fics uploaded

spacer

quote:
Originally posted by Transmute Jun
Maybe the Phoenix burns up all of its fuel, and then from out of the ashes, new fuel arises....

(Sorry... taking the Phoenix metaphor a bit far....)

And the team? Not that Katze would mind a chicken barbecue!

No new posts 15-09-2007 20:07 amyltrer is offline Send an Email to amyltrer Search for Posts by amyltrer Add amyltrer to your Buddy List YIM Screenname: amyltrer MSN Screenname: amyltrer@hotmail.com

I am a Swan.

40 fics uploaded

spacer

Of course, in the IF, it was Ego who was nearly the BBQ... Wink

No new posts 15-09-2007 20:21 Transmute Jun is offline Send an Email to Transmute Jun Homepage of Transmute Jun Search for Posts by Transmute Jun Add Transmute Jun to your Buddy List
Gatchamaniac

I am an Egoblosser.

4 fics uploaded

spacer

quote:
Originally posted by Transmute Jun
Of course, in the IF, it was Ego who was nearly the BBQ... Wink

Hmm, the Condor's fireproof, looks like it's the Eagle's turn.......Devil1

No new posts 15-09-2007 20:54 amyltrer is offline Send an Email to amyltrer Search for Posts by amyltrer Add amyltrer to your Buddy List YIM Screenname: amyltrer MSN Screenname: amyltrer@hotmail.com
Firebird

I am a Swan.

63 fics uploaded

spacer

It certainly raises a few interesting ideas as to how it was powered.

No new posts 16-09-2007 07:21 Firebird is offline Send an Email to Firebird Search for Posts by Firebird Add Firebird to your Buddy List AIM Screenname: Taishala YIM Screenname: taishala
Metaliant Metaliant is a Male
Gatchamaniac

I am an Eagle.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 06-06-2005

spacer

quote:
Originally posted by Madilayn
An idea I once played around with (many years ago as a teenager) is that somehow the Phoenix drew it's power directly from the energies of the team.

It went some way to explaining why they were so drained after a Firey Phoenix burst

It went the other way too - that the team was linked in someway to the Phoenix - sort of a two-way symbiotic relationship.

I never worked out the details, so there are holes in this theory big enough to fly said Phoenix through.....

I did think that there was a kind of symbiotic relationship between the team and the Phoenix in Firey Phoenix mode too but never really thought about it as I was too busy trying not to listen to Zark.

No new posts 16-09-2007 22:22 Metaliant is offline Send an Email to Metaliant Homepage of Metaliant Search for Posts by Metaliant Add Metaliant to your Buddy List MSN Screenname: The Legend
Firebird

I am a Swan.

63 fics uploaded

spacer

I think most of us wished Zark would just go away.

Its a pity we can't all vote for him as the most annoying character in anime.

No new posts 17-09-2007 09:04 Firebird is offline Send an Email to Firebird Search for Posts by Firebird Add Firebird to your Buddy List AIM Screenname: Taishala YIM Screenname: taishala

I am a Swan.

40 fics uploaded

spacer

Could we alter the Phoenix to run on Zark FOSDICs? Wink

No new posts 17-09-2007 14:14 Transmute Jun is offline Send an Email to Transmute Jun Homepage of Transmute Jun Search for Posts by Transmute Jun Add Transmute Jun to your Buddy List
Firebird

I am a Swan.

63 fics uploaded

spacer

But TJ wont that mean he would have to exist in our minds and he might **shudder** be useful?

No new posts 17-09-2007 16:59 Firebird is offline Send an Email to Firebird Search for Posts by Firebird Add Firebird to your Buddy List AIM Screenname: Taishala YIM Screenname: taishala

I am a Swan.

40 fics uploaded

spacer

I was thinking more that they might burn him up for fuel and then he would be no more... but you have a point...

No new posts 17-09-2007 17:00 Transmute Jun is offline Send an Email to Transmute Jun Homepage of Transmute Jun Search for Posts by Transmute Jun Add Transmute Jun to your Buddy List
Gatchamaniac

I am an Eagle.

0 fics uploaded

spacer

Maybe they could send him to Spectre as an Ambassador and somehow forgot all about him.

No new posts 17-09-2007 20:18 Metaliant is offline Send an Email to Metaliant Homepage of Metaliant Search for Posts by Metaliant Add Metaliant to your Buddy List MSN Screenname: The Legend

I am a Swan.

40 fics uploaded

spacer

Of course, then he would probably return as a missile.... Missile

No new posts 17-09-2007 21:36 Transmute Jun is offline Send an Email to Transmute Jun Homepage of Transmute Jun Search for Posts by Transmute Jun Add Transmute Jun to your Buddy List
Firebird

I am a Swan.

63 fics uploaded

spacer

True either that or the spectrans will trash him and use him as the reason to declare war?

No new posts 18-09-2007 13:10 Firebird is offline Send an Email to Firebird Search for Posts by Firebird Add Firebird to your Buddy List AIM Screenname: Taishala YIM Screenname: taishala

I am a Swan.

40 fics uploaded

spacer

Well, he does LOOK like a trashcan.

At least, that's what I thought when I was a kid. Now I think he looks like a walking vibrator.

And then I had that fic where Zark actually DID turn out to be a missile...

No new posts 18-09-2007 13:24 Transmute Jun is offline Send an Email to Transmute Jun Homepage of Transmute Jun Search for Posts by Transmute Jun Add Transmute Jun to your Buddy List
Gatchamaniac

I am an Eagle.

0 fics uploaded

spacer

quote:
Originally posted by Firebird
True either that or the spectrans will trash him and use him as the reason to declare war?

Or surrender.

No new posts 18-09-2007 21:04 Metaliant is offline Send an Email to Metaliant Homepage of Metaliant Search for Posts by Metaliant Add Metaliant to your Buddy List MSN Screenname: The Legend
Firebird

I am a Swan.

63 fics uploaded

spacer

now theres an idea Met!

No new posts 18-09-2007 22:15 Firebird is offline Send an Email to Firebird Search for Posts by Firebird Add Firebird to your Buddy List AIM Screenname: Taishala YIM Screenname: taishala

I am a Swan.

40 fics uploaded

spacer

Send Zark AND Susan to SPectra! They're all be too busy watching the train wreck that is their conversation to pay attention to G-Force sneaking in and taking over their planet...

No new posts 18-09-2007 22:59 Transmute Jun is offline Send an Email to Transmute Jun Homepage of Transmute Jun Search for Posts by Transmute Jun Add Transmute Jun to your Buddy List
[1]  2  3  next »  ... last »  --> Members browsing this thread: none Pages (4): [1]  2  3  next »  ... last » 
Post New Thread Post Reply
Rate Thread: 

very bad very bad 

very good very good 

Go to: