Gatchamania.net
Register Memberlist Staff Search FAQ Arcade Calendar Gallery Filebase Forums Home  

Gatchamania.net »[Gatchaman Library] »Gatchaman » Scary....
Print Page | Recommend to Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Pages (5): « previous  1  [2]  3  4  next »  ... last »  Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page Scary....
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Transmute Jun Transmute Jun is a Female
Queen of the Bird Missiles

I am a Swan.

40 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 04-04-2007

spacer
Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator        IP Information Go to the top of this page

Do you have the Scholastic warehouse sales in your area? CD? I always see lots of under $1 books at those.

No new posts 04-09-2007 22:53 Transmute Jun is offline Send an Email to Transmute Jun Homepage of Transmute Jun Search for Posts by Transmute Jun Add Transmute Jun to your Buddy List
clouddancer clouddancer is a Female
Gatchamaniac

I am an Owl.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 10-04-2007

spacer
Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator        IP Information Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by Transmute Jun
Do you have the Scholastic warehouse sales in your area? CD? I always see lots of under $1 books at those.

Yes we do but it is a case of getting into the BIG city to get to them.

I do not drive in the city. Driving through Brampton is almost too much for me.
Getting into Rexdale or North York, no way. Not for this litle country gal.

No new posts 04-09-2007 23:26 clouddancer is offline Send an Email to clouddancer Search for Posts by clouddancer Add clouddancer to your Buddy List
Gatchamaniac

I am an Owl.

0 fics uploaded

spacer

quote:
Originally posted by Madilayn
Cloud, for the books: try putting a big flouro post it note on it with a note that the books belong to you and need to be returned by (usually a week).

That way the parents know as well. It's great to have kiddies reading, but they also need to learn about ownership and borrowing as well, and grade 1 is a good time to start learning that.

I have all the books stamped with my name. Post it notes fall off in childrens backpacks or the baggies the books go home in.

I even tried a sign out system but, do you know how long it takes to do all this by hand for, at the time 22 grade ones. They sign out a new book every night. That takes a while. And grade ones have a hard time writing the title of the book correctly or legibly so I can read who, what or when. (And before any one asks no, no parent volunteers in my school to help either.)

No new posts 04-09-2007 23:31 clouddancer is offline Send an Email to clouddancer Search for Posts by clouddancer Add clouddancer to your Buddy List
Firebird
Princess Firebird..... Goddess of Swannie Fics

I am a Swan.

63 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 01-07-2002

spacer

Is there anywhere that will do discount for larger orders that way you could maybe do a book club or get a bookstore to come in and see if they can make some sales?

This used to be done at my son's school and was very successful.

Other than that is there anywhere on line that these can be printed from?

No new posts 08-09-2007 14:28 Firebird is offline Send an Email to Firebird Search for Posts by Firebird Add Firebird to your Buddy List AIM Screenname: Taishala YIM Screenname: taishala
Gatchamaniac

I am an Owl.

0 fics uploaded

spacer

We have the Scholastic Book Fair come into our school twice a year, during interview time.

But money from the sales of books go towards the Library. We can put in requests as teachers for books we would like to see in the classroom and parents are welcome to buy them. I think it is a great idea for a Christmas present, as one of the sales is usually in December, when parents are starting to think about what to get for their childs teacher.

I would rather have books for the classroom than a box of chocolates. Although I will not turn down a box of chocolates either. It's just, I really do not need 20 boxes. Smile

As for finding books online to print. I do have a few sites that I use but they do not have "big name" books, if you know what I mean. No Arthur, Franklin, Clifford, the Littles, Stuart Little, TMNT, Spiderman, etc. I am more likely to find phonic related books like Stan the Man or The Fat Cat.

No new posts 08-09-2007 14:56 clouddancer is offline Send an Email to clouddancer Search for Posts by clouddancer Add clouddancer to your Buddy List

I am a Swan.

40 fics uploaded

spacer

Around here, Scholastic holds a big warehouse sale that I can go to 2 or 3 times a year. They often have tons of stuff cheap... last time I went I picked up a pile of Captain Underpants for my daughter, as well as some Magic Treehouse and a bunch of other things.

No new posts 08-09-2007 20:27 Transmute Jun is offline Send an Email to Transmute Jun Homepage of Transmute Jun Search for Posts by Transmute Jun Add Transmute Jun to your Buddy List
Gatchamaniac

I am an Owl.

0 fics uploaded

spacer

Captain Underpants. Oh yes! Another series my grade ones like.

Spounge Bob Square Pants too......
Do I have that title right?

No new posts 08-09-2007 21:23 clouddancer is offline Send an Email to clouddancer Search for Posts by clouddancer Add clouddancer to your Buddy List

I am a Swan.

40 fics uploaded

spacer

My daughter loves Captain Underpants. A boy in her Grade 1 class showed one to her and she has loved it ever since. We have the whole series now..

I'm trying to keep Sponge Bob out of my house, though.

However, she picked up some Scooby Doo novels at the Scholastic warehouse sale and those have worked out well for us.

No new posts 08-09-2007 23:01 Transmute Jun is offline Send an Email to Transmute Jun Homepage of Transmute Jun Search for Posts by Transmute Jun Add Transmute Jun to your Buddy List
Gatchamaniac

I am an Owl.

0 fics uploaded

spacer

I may have to see if I can get into the Scholastic sale this year.
If I take someone with me I may get less nervous driving in all that city traffic.
Jumping

No new posts 09-09-2007 00:09 clouddancer is offline Send an Email to clouddancer Search for Posts by clouddancer Add clouddancer to your Buddy List

I am a Swan.

40 fics uploaded

spacer

I hope you can go, CD!!!! Could you take the GoTrain into town and then TTC it?

No new posts 09-09-2007 00:24 Transmute Jun is offline Send an Email to Transmute Jun Homepage of Transmute Jun Search for Posts by Transmute Jun Add Transmute Jun to your Buddy List
Gatchamaniac

I am an Owl.

0 fics uploaded

spacer

The TTC scares me even more than driving in the city does.

I can navigate my way out of a forest in the country with no problems, but put me in the city and I panic.

I have told my friends if they want to take me on the TTC make sure they never leave my side, walk one step ahead of me and I would love it if they made me wear one of those leashes you see children wearing, so the child does not get lost.

Besides I think the Scholastic warehouse is in Rexdale not TO. I know Rexdale is not the big city, but to me it is big enough. (Country bumpkin here! Grew up with nearest town having population 500.)

No new posts 09-09-2007 00:51 clouddancer is offline Send an Email to clouddancer Search for Posts by clouddancer Add clouddancer to your Buddy List

I am a Swan.

40 fics uploaded

spacer

I've never been to the Scholastic sale in TO, so I'm not sure where it is
the TTC is actually not too bad, as subway systems go, and (at least when I lived there) the people who work there are very friendly and willing to help you if you're lost.

In any case, I hope you get to go!

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by Transmute Jun on 09-09-2007 at 03:49.
No new posts 09-09-2007 01:39 Transmute Jun is offline Send an Email to Transmute Jun Homepage of Transmute Jun Search for Posts by Transmute Jun Add Transmute Jun to your Buddy List
Gatchamaniac

I am an Owl.

0 fics uploaded

spacer

quote:
Originally posted by Transmute Jun
..... and (at least when I lied there) the......

LOL TJ,

I love it!!
Yes you probably lied in TO too.

No new posts 09-09-2007 02:19 clouddancer is offline Send an Email to clouddancer Search for Posts by clouddancer Add clouddancer to your Buddy List

I am a Swan.

40 fics uploaded

spacer

I'm sure I did lie in TO at some point or the other... Wink

Yeah, one good occasion comes to mind... I recall lying about my age to get into a bar so I could party with Haywire (remember them?). It totally worked too (can't imagine why) and I was a groupie for a night, LOL.

Now you know why I need beta-readers.... Blushing

No new posts 09-09-2007 03:50 Transmute Jun is offline Send an Email to Transmute Jun Homepage of Transmute Jun Search for Posts by Transmute Jun Add Transmute Jun to your Buddy List
Raggletag Raggletag is a Male

I am a Berg Katse.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 22-01-2007

spacer

Hahaha! Not sure who made that, but Jin-pikachu is pretty cool!! I bet Katse is shaking in his thigh-highs now, boy howdy! Tongue

I'm a fan of Pokemon, but mostly just the first couple years before it got TOO weird. I love all the early characters like Pikachu, Squirtle, Charmander, Bulbasaur, Mew Two, etc.. But Team Rocket are the best!! *wonders if he can still recite the Team Rocket motto*...

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by Raggletag on 10-10-2007 at 04:28.
No new posts 10-10-2007 04:28 Raggletag is offline Send an Email to Raggletag Homepage of Raggletag Search for Posts by Raggletag Add Raggletag to your Buddy List AIM Screenname: raggletag11

I am a Swan.

40 fics uploaded

spacer

Go for it Tony! Recite away! Poke

No new posts 10-10-2007 04:40 Transmute Jun is offline Send an Email to Transmute Jun Homepage of Transmute Jun Search for Posts by Transmute Jun Add Transmute Jun to your Buddy List
Sosai X Sosai X is a Male
Master Boardie

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 09-10-2007

spacer

Ah yes, I remember the Pikachumeka! Raggletag's work inspired me to do this...

biggrin2

Cheers,
Tim

Cheers,
Tim

No new posts 10-10-2007 04:41 Sosai X is offline Send an Email to Sosai X Homepage of Sosai X Search for Posts by Sosai X Add Sosai X to your Buddy List

I am a Swan.

40 fics uploaded

spacer

Just hand Katse a lightsaber and he's got his own version of the Hypershoot! We can call it... the Pika-shoot! Idea2

No new posts 10-10-2007 04:44 Transmute Jun is offline Send an Email to Transmute Jun Homepage of Transmute Jun Search for Posts by Transmute Jun Add Transmute Jun to your Buddy List
Raggletag Raggletag is a Male

I am a Berg Katse.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 22-01-2007

spacer

Hehehe... I remember that well, Tim! This would've probably been Sosai X's next plan right after the Black Hole operation. Tongue

Okay, the Team Rocket Motto. Ahem, here goes...

To protect the world from devastation...
To unite all peoples within our nation...
To denounce the evils of truth and love...
To extend out reach to the stars above...
Jessie!
James!
Team Rocket blast off at the speed of light!
Surrender now or prepare to fight!
Meowth, dat's right!!

No new posts 10-10-2007 04:55 Raggletag is offline Send an Email to Raggletag Homepage of Raggletag Search for Posts by Raggletag Add Raggletag to your Buddy List AIM Screenname: raggletag11
Sosai X Sosai X is a Male
Master Boardie

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 09-10-2007

spacer

Here is a clip of a Pokemon episode that was banned in the US:

Pokemon Breasts

Eek7

Cheers,
Tim

Cheers,
Tim

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by Sosai X on 10-10-2007 at 05:09.
Reason: Made link clickable
No new posts 10-10-2007 05:08 Sosai X is offline Send an Email to Sosai X Homepage of Sosai X Search for Posts by Sosai X Add Sosai X to your Buddy List
« previous  1  [2]  3  4  next »  ... last »  --> Members browsing this thread: none Pages (5): « previous  1  [2]  3  4  next »  ... last » 
Post New Thread Post Reply
Rate Thread: 

very bad very bad 

very good very good 

Go to: