Gatchamania.net
Register Memberlist Staff Search FAQ Arcade Calendar Gallery Filebase Forums Home  

Gatchamania.net »[Fun Forums] »You Gotta See This! » Winter Fun, Anyone?
Print Page | Recommend to Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page Winter Fun, Anyone?
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
ElectricWhite ElectricWhite is a Female
Gatchamaniac

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 29-12-2011

spacer
Winter Fun, Anyone? Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator        IP Information Go to the top of this page

If you haven't had fun in the snow yet....

http://enews.earthlink.net/article/top?g...c0-d674348956e0

No new posts 05-02-2014 22:36 ElectricWhite is offline Send an Email to ElectricWhite Search for Posts by ElectricWhite Add ElectricWhite to your Buddy List
Becky Rock Becky Rock is a Female
Gatchamaniac

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 16-04-2009

spacer
Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator        IP Information Go to the top of this page

I've heard about these. They happened a lot apparently during the big artic air drop last month.

I could do without that kind of excitement.

No new posts 05-02-2014 22:50 Becky Rock is offline Send an Email to Becky Rock Search for Posts by Becky Rock Add Becky Rock to your Buddy List
clouddancer clouddancer is a Female
Gatchamaniac

I am an Owl.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 10-04-2007

spacer
Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator        IP Information Go to the top of this page

We were getting a lot of these frost quakes in our area during the arctic vortex cold we had a few weeks back. I think there was about one reported on the news every couple of nights.

Usually it happened at night (that is when the temps got to their coldest) when everyone was asleep and the "boom" would wake people up afraid their house was falling down around them. Luckily I slept through most of them.

No new posts 06-02-2014 01:11 clouddancer is offline Send an Email to clouddancer Search for Posts by clouddancer Add clouddancer to your Buddy List
k2p2 k2p2 is a Female
Babbling Loonie

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 08-12-2011

spacer

We had a nice collection of 'snow rollers,' forming in pretty much any open place. Now they are all gone, melted. I kinda miss them.

http://www.dispatch.com//content/stories...ow-rollers.html

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by k2p2 on 07-02-2014 at 11:31.
No new posts 07-02-2014 11:28 k2p2 is offline Send an Email to k2p2 Search for Posts by k2p2 Add k2p2 to your Buddy List
Gatchamaniac

0 fics uploaded

spacer

Frost quakes and snow tumbleweeds.....anything else to add? Thinking

No new posts 07-02-2014 13:06 ElectricWhite is offline Send an Email to ElectricWhite Search for Posts by ElectricWhite Add ElectricWhite to your Buddy List
Daniella T Daniella T is a Female
GatchaFreak

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 18-09-2011

spacer

Eeeek! Don't even want to read this! With all the earthquakes we have in Greece -- there is now a series of big ones on the island of Kefallonia -- I freak out even at the word "quake"!

No new posts 09-02-2014 20:11 Daniella T is offline Send an Email to Daniella T Search for Posts by Daniella T Add Daniella T to your Buddy List
Gatchamaniac

0 fics uploaded

spacer

Calm down, DT! Frost quakes aren't as bad as earthquakes! Read it and see. Wink2

No new posts 09-02-2014 21:24 ElectricWhite is offline Send an Email to ElectricWhite Search for Posts by ElectricWhite Add ElectricWhite to your Buddy List
Daniella T Daniella T is a Female
GatchaFreak

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 18-09-2011

spacer

By the way, EW, great avatar and signature!

No new posts 10-02-2014 22:13 Daniella T is offline Send an Email to Daniella T Search for Posts by Daniella T Add Daniella T to your Buddy List
Gatchamaniac

0 fics uploaded

spacer

Thanks, DT!

No new posts 10-02-2014 22:44 ElectricWhite is offline Send an Email to ElectricWhite Search for Posts by ElectricWhite Add ElectricWhite to your Buddy List
Members browsing this thread: none
Post New Thread Post Reply
Rate Thread: 

very bad very bad 

very good very good 

Go to: