Gatchamania.net
Register Memberlist Staff Search FAQ Arcade Calendar Gallery Filebase Forums Home  

Gatchamania.net »[Fun Forums] »You Gotta See This! » Was anyone here ever into Duran Duran?
Print Page | Recommend to Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Pages (7): [1]  2  3  next »  ... last »  Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page Was anyone here ever into Duran Duran?
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Transmute Jun Transmute Jun is a Female
Queen of the Bird Missiles

I am a Swan.

40 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 04-04-2007

spacer
Was anyone here ever into Duran Duran? Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator        IP Information Go to the top of this page

I admit it, I was a huge Durannie back in the 80s. (gosh I feel old...)

I found this on Youtube, and it was too bizarre not to share. Duran Duran meets Anime...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6OZMaiIpi...related&search=

No new posts 01-09-2007 00:09 Transmute Jun is offline Send an Email to Transmute Jun Homepage of Transmute Jun Search for Posts by Transmute Jun Add Transmute Jun to your Buddy List
Springie Springie is a Female
Her Royal Fluffiness...Swan of Swans...

I am a Swan.

6 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 12-06-2006

spacer
Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator        IP Information Go to the top of this page

Headbanger2 LOL...that was deeply disturbing...but did you know that I had a couple of cameos in that vid? I think I saw you, too, TJ...Lonelylaugh

There is no problem that cannot be solved with time, patience, and a judicious amount of high explosives.

No new posts 01-09-2007 01:47 Springie is offline Send an Email to Springie Homepage of Springie Search for Posts by Springie Add Springie to your Buddy List YIM Screenname: Springie MSN Screenname: Springie

I am a Swan.

40 fics uploaded

spacer
Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator        IP Information Go to the top of this page

Ooh, you found me out! But I hadn't realized that was you!!!! Wink

No new posts 01-09-2007 04:02 Transmute Jun is offline Send an Email to Transmute Jun Homepage of Transmute Jun Search for Posts by Transmute Jun Add Transmute Jun to your Buddy List
Ebonyswanne Ebonyswanne is a Female
Gatchamaniac

I am a Swan.

23 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 25-04-2007

spacer

quote:
Originally posted by Springie
Headbanger2 LOL...that was deeply disturbing...but did you know that I had a couple of cameos in that vid? I think I saw you, too, TJ...Lonelylaugh

Ohhh I saw that in the clip and thought it was TJ and Springie!!!

My sister Jenny was the dark haired girl...she was a Duranie!

I was one by default...I had no choice she played it all the time. but being a teenager I liked it!

I thought the were going to transmute any minute...especially towards the end with the dinosaur...or the Phoenix was going fly over it !

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by Ebonyswanne on 01-09-2007 at 07:47.
No new posts 01-09-2007 07:46 Ebonyswanne is offline Send an Email to Ebonyswanne Search for Posts by Ebonyswanne Add Ebonyswanne to your Buddy List
Firebird
Princess Firebird..... Goddess of Swannie Fics

I am a Swan.

63 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 01-07-2002

spacer

I confess to being a bit of a duran duran fan back in the 80's, loved a lot of the videos they did for their songs and used to spend hours hiding away listening to their stuff.

No new posts 01-09-2007 09:57 Firebird is offline Send an Email to Firebird Search for Posts by Firebird Add Firebird to your Buddy List AIM Screenname: Taishala YIM Screenname: taishala
Madilayn Madilayn is a Female
Mistress of Ebil

I am a Swan.

24 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 01-02-2006

spacer

Was sort of a Duranie in the '80's. Ok - I'll admit it. I was the Queen of the New Romantics!!!!

Pirate Shirts, lace, velvet, the whole lot. Funny to think that we wre sort of the original goths!

"When I'm old, I don't want them to say of me, "She's so charming." I want them to say, "Be careful, I think she's armed." -G. Stoddart

No new posts 01-09-2007 10:20 Madilayn is offline Send an Email to Madilayn Homepage of Madilayn Search for Posts by Madilayn Add Madilayn to your Buddy List
Gatchamaniac

I am a Swan.

23 fics uploaded

spacer

So was I Maddy!!!! (I liked the fashion at the time...not really a goth though...just liked romantic fashion because of my interest in period dress)hhheeee Still like my velvet skirts....ahhhh

I was a big Queen fan and I still am...

Gimme the prize!!! Connor McCloud....

That why I like the theme of Firebirds new series... "Who wants to live forever!"

Ohhh I forgot...this is a Duranie thread ooooppppssss

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by Ebonyswanne on 01-09-2007 at 12:25.
No new posts 01-09-2007 10:38 Ebonyswanne is offline Send an Email to Ebonyswanne Search for Posts by Ebonyswanne Add Ebonyswanne to your Buddy List
Metaliant Metaliant is a Male
Gatchamaniac

I am an Eagle.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 06-06-2005

spacer

My borhter was into the New Romantics and was a fan of Duran Duran and did a painting of The Thompson Twins on his bedroom walll which wasn't too bad.

I love my 80s music, regardless what genre it was and Queen (not the new one) my favourite band.

No new posts 01-09-2007 11:27 Metaliant is offline Send an Email to Metaliant Homepage of Metaliant Search for Posts by Metaliant Add Metaliant to your Buddy List MSN Screenname: The Legend
Gatchamaniac

I am a Swan.

23 fics uploaded

spacer

oohhh I love Freddie what a voice!!!!

I cried when he died...I still play Queen lots!!!!

No new posts 01-09-2007 12:23 Ebonyswanne is offline Send an Email to Ebonyswanne Search for Posts by Ebonyswanne Add Ebonyswanne to your Buddy List
gatchgirl
Babbling Loonie

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 08-03-2006

spacer

Even though I was more of a "hair" band lover I still loved almost all of the 80's music and Duran Duran was pretty cool to listen to.

Racer by day, Feather Thrower all the time!

No new posts 01-09-2007 12:42 gatchgirl is offline Send an Email to gatchgirl Search for Posts by gatchgirl Add gatchgirl to your Buddy List

I am a Swan.

40 fics uploaded

spacer

Oh, I was into Duran Duran soooo bad. In fact the only fanfiction I had ever done before Gatch was the stuff I wrote at age 16 with me and Duran Duran.... worse than a Mary Sue because it was ME... ROTFL!!!

Seriously, I had the pinups all over my room and everything... hmmm.... maybe if I'm feeling like digging through my old stuff I'll try to find a photo and scan it in...

No new posts 01-09-2007 17:54 Transmute Jun is offline Send an Email to Transmute Jun Homepage of Transmute Jun Search for Posts by Transmute Jun Add Transmute Jun to your Buddy List
clouddancer clouddancer is a Female
Gatchamaniac

I am an Owl.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 10-04-2007

spacer

quote:
Originally posted by Transmute Jun
hmmm.... maybe if I'm feeling like digging through my old stuff I'll try to find a photo and scan it in...

So, TJ does have pics to post.

I knew we could get her to post pics at some stage.

*Cloud suddenly looks around. Ooops! Here I am shooting my mouth off when I have not even got the courage to post a fic yet. I had better go. Fast* Outtahere

No new posts 01-09-2007 20:54 clouddancer is offline Send an Email to clouddancer Search for Posts by clouddancer Add clouddancer to your Buddy List

I am a Swan.

40 fics uploaded

spacer

Um.... were you asking about a picture of ME????? Or just me posting random pictures.... ?

No new posts 01-09-2007 21:36 Transmute Jun is offline Send an Email to Transmute Jun Homepage of Transmute Jun Search for Posts by Transmute Jun Add Transmute Jun to your Buddy List
Gatchamaniac

I am a Swan.

23 fics uploaded

spacer

quote:
Originally posted by Transmute Jun
Oh, I was into Duran Duran soooo bad. In fact the only fanfiction I had ever done before Gatch was the stuff I wrote at age 16 with me and Duran Duran.... worse than a Mary Sue because it was ME... ROTFL!!!

Seriously, I had the pinups all over my room and everything... hmmm.... maybe if I'm feeling like digging through my old stuff I'll try to find a photo and scan it in...

I used to read my older sisters fanfiction on Duran Duran...she always had Simon....

No new posts 01-09-2007 21:54 Ebonyswanne is offline Send an Email to Ebonyswanne Search for Posts by Ebonyswanne Add Ebonyswanne to your Buddy List

I am a Swan.

40 fics uploaded

spacer

See then (as now) I couldn't decided. Most often I had Nick, but it was often John too, and occasionally Simon. Wink

No new posts 01-09-2007 23:42 Transmute Jun is offline Send an Email to Transmute Jun Homepage of Transmute Jun Search for Posts by Transmute Jun Add Transmute Jun to your Buddy List

I am a Swan.

6 fics uploaded

spacer

I didn't do any fanfic...but my fav was John... thumbsup2

There is no problem that cannot be solved with time, patience, and a judicious amount of high explosives.

No new posts 01-09-2007 23:53 Springie is offline Send an Email to Springie Homepage of Springie Search for Posts by Springie Add Springie to your Buddy List YIM Screenname: Springie MSN Screenname: Springie

I am a Swan.

40 fics uploaded

spacer

Do you find it interesting how John Taylor kind of looks like Ken?

No new posts 02-09-2007 00:23 Transmute Jun is offline Send an Email to Transmute Jun Homepage of Transmute Jun Search for Posts by Transmute Jun Add Transmute Jun to your Buddy List

I am a Swan.

6 fics uploaded

spacer

Hmmmm... never thought about that before.... Pleased

No new posts 02-09-2007 00:44 Springie is offline Send an Email to Springie Homepage of Springie Search for Posts by Springie Add Springie to your Buddy List YIM Screenname: Springie MSN Screenname: Springie

I am a Swan.

40 fics uploaded

spacer

I suppose there's no coincidence there, that you like them both... Wink

No new posts 02-09-2007 00:58 Transmute Jun is offline Send an Email to Transmute Jun Homepage of Transmute Jun Search for Posts by Transmute Jun Add Transmute Jun to your Buddy List

I am a Swan.

6 fics uploaded

spacer

None at all...*grin* Cheeky

No new posts 02-09-2007 01:24 Springie is offline Send an Email to Springie Homepage of Springie Search for Posts by Springie Add Springie to your Buddy List YIM Screenname: Springie MSN Screenname: Springie
[1]  2  3  next »  ... last »  --> Members browsing this thread: none Pages (7): [1]  2  3  next »  ... last » 
Post New Thread Post Reply
Rate Thread: 

very bad very bad 

very good very good 

Go to: