Gatchamania.net
Register Memberlist Staff Search FAQ Arcade Calendar Gallery Filebase Forums Home  

Gatchamania.net »[Speak Up!] »General Discussion » Anvil Update
Print Page | Recommend to Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Pages (2): [1]  2  next »  Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page Anvil Update
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
ElectricWhite ElectricWhite is a Female
Gatchamaniac

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 29-12-2011

spacer
Anvil Update Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator        IP Information Go to the top of this page

Many of you might remember that, back in May 2012, I told you about discovering that I’d been living within walking distance of a serial killer. Well, the trial for the murder of his neighbor took place. After a little over to days of testimony, the jury took exactly 17 minutes to find him guilty. And then, after almost three hours, he was sentenced to death.

A few of the details of the case slipped out. For instance, he used an ordinary kitchen knife to mutilate and dismember her, and he snapped her neck and back to display her body just so in his garage. But, besides those details, the media kept quiet because of how gruesome his actions were. (That still blows me away, given how the media tends to dwell on gore...)

Anyway, the next trials for the other two known victims will be in January.

No new posts 08-11-2013 17:58 ElectricWhite is offline Send an Email to ElectricWhite Search for Posts by ElectricWhite Add ElectricWhite to your Buddy List
Transmute Jun Transmute Jun is a Female
Queen of the Bird Missiles

I am a Swan.

40 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 04-04-2007

spacer
Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator        IP Information Go to the top of this page

I'm glad that you have some peace of mind, EW, knowing that the guy has been put away! :huggles;

No new posts 08-11-2013 18:44 Transmute Jun is offline Send an Email to Transmute Jun Homepage of Transmute Jun Search for Posts by Transmute Jun Add Transmute Jun to your Buddy List
KT1972 KT1972 is a Female
Gatchamaniac

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 02-11-2011

spacer
Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator        IP Information Go to the top of this page

....and the world is that little bit safer once again. Hug

No new posts 08-11-2013 20:35 KT1972 is offline Send an Email to KT1972 Search for Posts by KT1972 Add KT1972 to your Buddy List
ChrisW ChrisW is a Female
Gatchamaniac

I am an Eagle.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 16-01-2012

spacer

Erk EW ... Glad to hear they got him!

No new posts 08-11-2013 21:34 ChrisW is offline Send an Email to ChrisW Search for Posts by ChrisW Add ChrisW to your Buddy List
Redbird Redbird is a Female
Gatchamaniac

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 04-08-2013

spacer

That is really creepy EW. Glad he was caught and convicted....

No new posts 08-11-2013 22:09 Redbird is offline Search for Posts by Redbird Add Redbird to your Buddy List
k2p2 k2p2 is a Female
Babbling Loonie

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 08-12-2011

spacer

Just don't know what to say…how horrible.

No new posts 08-11-2013 23:24 k2p2 is offline Send an Email to k2p2 Search for Posts by k2p2 Add k2p2 to your Buddy List
Daniella T Daniella T is a Female
GatchaFreak

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 18-09-2011

spacer

Eek, EW!

This is truly shocking, and goes to show that you can never really now who are the people living close to you.

No new posts 08-11-2013 23:38 Daniella T is offline Send an Email to Daniella T Search for Posts by Daniella T Add Daniella T to your Buddy List
Tengu
Forum Legend

20 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 22-07-2001

spacer

I think you are very lucky; we do not have interesting people like that in this country...or at least very seldom.

No new posts 09-11-2013 00:02 Tengu is offline Send an Email to Tengu Search for Posts by Tengu Add Tengu to your Buddy List
Gatchamaniac

I am an Eagle.

0 fics uploaded

spacer

I'm sad to say that it's common for people to believe that their country/location/whatever doesn't have monsters like this, that only other places do ... ultimately it just blinds folks to what's going on around them or keeps the authorities from looking for patterns, etc. At least, that's my understanding.

No new posts 09-11-2013 00:30 ChrisW is offline Send an Email to ChrisW Search for Posts by ChrisW Add ChrisW to your Buddy List
jublke
Forum Legend

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 24-10-2009

spacer

Awful, but glad the nightmare is over. Hugs!!

No new posts 09-11-2013 03:18 jublke is offline Send an Email to jublke Homepage of jublke Search for Posts by jublke Add jublke to your Buddy List
gatchamarie gatchamarie is a Female
Gatchamaniac

I am an Eagle.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 18-06-2009

spacer

The news must be of such a relief for you and all your neighborhood, EW!Huggles These things are so disturbing!

No new posts 09-11-2013 15:11 gatchamarie is offline Send an Email to gatchamarie Search for Posts by gatchamarie Add gatchamarie to your Buddy List
Becky Rock Becky Rock is a Female
Gatchamaniac

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 16-04-2009

spacer

That kind of monster deserves the death penalty. Some people have absolutely no right to be in society with actions like that, nor should tax payers have to pay for them to live out their lives in prison with the possibility of them managing to escape.

I'm glad that nightmare is over for you, EW, but with two more trials to go, there are still some families out their looking for justice.

I'll get off my soapbox now.

No new posts 09-11-2013 21:38 Becky Rock is offline Send an Email to Becky Rock Search for Posts by Becky Rock Add Becky Rock to your Buddy List
Gatchamaniac

I am an Eagle.

0 fics uploaded

spacer

Eh, I'm the kind of vengeful b*tch that would rather see people like that have to live the rest of their lives in a miserable little cell. Tongue Death is a quick escape.

(Hmm I might be in a mood today ...)

No new posts 10-11-2013 00:03 ChrisW is offline Send an Email to ChrisW Search for Posts by ChrisW Add ChrisW to your Buddy List
Gatchamaniac

0 fics uploaded

spacer

quote:
Originally posted by Becky Rock
I'm glad that nightmare is over for you, EW, but with two more trials to go, there are still some families out their looking for justice.

The sad thing is that there are surely other families who will never know what happened to their loved ones -- there's a 10-year gap between his first victim and the second. There's no explanation for this other than there being victims that nobody's discovered...he didn't go to jail at any point, he didn't get seriously ill, and didn't spend any time out of this area. And I don't know of any serial killer who kills once, stops cold turkey for a decade, and then starts up again.

No new posts 10-11-2013 00:50 ElectricWhite is offline Send an Email to ElectricWhite Search for Posts by ElectricWhite Add ElectricWhite to your Buddy List
Gatchamaniac

I am an Eagle.

0 fics uploaded

spacer

Ick, EW. Frown Maybe somewhere along the way he'll be persuaded to give closure to more families.

No new posts 10-11-2013 00:55 ChrisW is offline Send an Email to ChrisW Search for Posts by ChrisW Add ChrisW to your Buddy List
Gatchamaniac

0 fics uploaded

spacer

So far, all he's done is send the police on wild goose chases. He quit talking, though, after he implied that a body was buried in a place he lived a few years before he killed the first known victim. After the entire property was torn apart and dug up -- and no trace of any bodies were found whatsoever -- the owner of the property went on the local news stations to man up and give some poor families some closure.

No new posts 10-11-2013 01:02 ElectricWhite is offline Send an Email to ElectricWhite Search for Posts by ElectricWhite Add ElectricWhite to your Buddy List
Gatchamaniac

I am an Eagle.

0 fics uploaded

spacer

Youch. Did the owner move the bodies, then?

I think what prosecutors hope for is after a few official life sentences with no possibility for parole (or at the end of death row appeals), there's less incentive for the guy to hold back. Things can't really get worse (for the killer) at that point.

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by ChrisW on 10-11-2013 at 01:23.
No new posts 10-11-2013 01:23 ChrisW is offline Send an Email to ChrisW Search for Posts by ChrisW Add ChrisW to your Buddy List
Gatchamaniac

0 fics uploaded

spacer

What you said is true, CW, but I also think this guy got off on jerking the prosecutors around...this guy killed his first known victim on his 45th birthday and then got a tattoo commemorating the event!

No new posts 10-11-2013 02:28 ElectricWhite is offline Send an Email to ElectricWhite Search for Posts by ElectricWhite Add ElectricWhite to your Buddy List
Gatchamaniac

I am an Eagle.

0 fics uploaded

spacer

Oh I'm sure he did. Their cruelty aims not just at their victims. What I mean is that they hope that later in the process, when there's multiple convictions, some of these guys will reveal more of their victims so those families can have closure. It's less likely when they think they have a chance of going free.

Bleh.

No new posts 10-11-2013 03:00 ChrisW is offline Send an Email to ChrisW Search for Posts by ChrisW Add ChrisW to your Buddy List
Gatchamaniac

0 fics uploaded

spacer

I got ya. I'm just not sure that guy's mind is working in that way...

To be honest, I'm not sure I want to know exactly how his mind works! Eek6

No new posts 10-11-2013 03:19 ElectricWhite is offline Send an Email to ElectricWhite Search for Posts by ElectricWhite Add ElectricWhite to your Buddy List
[1]  2  next »  --> Members browsing this thread: none Pages (2): [1]  2  next » 
Post New Thread Post Reply
Rate Thread: 

very bad very bad 

very good very good 

Go to: