Gatchamania.net
Register Memberlist Staff Search FAQ Arcade Calendar Gallery Filebase Forums Home  

Gatchamania.net »[Speak Up!] »General Discussion » Best Screenshot?
Print Page | Recommend to Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Pages (3): [1]  2  3  next »  Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page Best Screenshot?
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Springie Springie is a Female
Her Royal Fluffiness...Swan of Swans...

I am a Swan.

6 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 12-06-2006

spacer
Best Screenshot? Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator        IP Information Go to the top of this page

Just curious...I'm looking through episode reviews and screenshots that I have and wondering... is there a screenshot from the series that is a quintessential Ken to you? What is the hottest Ken screenshot that you can think of? (I know it will be later in the series...)

For some reason, Joe is so much easier...
Here's the best Joe screenie IMHO:

Even though I have them pretty much memorized, I go back and use screenies for reference all the time.

There is no problem that cannot be solved with time, patience, and a judicious amount of high explosives.

No new posts 06-10-2013 22:27 Springie is offline Send an Email to Springie Homepage of Springie Search for Posts by Springie Add Springie to your Buddy List YIM Screenname: Springie MSN Screenname: Springie
Transmute Jun Transmute Jun is a Female
Queen of the Bird Missiles

I am a Swan.

40 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 04-04-2007

spacer
Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator        IP Information Go to the top of this page

This is one I always think of, for Ken.

No new posts 06-10-2013 23:18 Transmute Jun is offline Send an Email to Transmute Jun Homepage of Transmute Jun Search for Posts by Transmute Jun Add Transmute Jun to your Buddy List

I am a Swan.

6 fics uploaded

spacer
Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator        IP Information Go to the top of this page

Oh, that is a nice one! Any straight on face shots, like the one for Joe?

There is no problem that cannot be solved with time, patience, and a judicious amount of high explosives.

No new posts 07-10-2013 00:07 Springie is offline Send an Email to Springie Homepage of Springie Search for Posts by Springie Add Springie to your Buddy List YIM Screenname: Springie MSN Screenname: Springie
Becky Rock Becky Rock is a Female
Gatchamaniac

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 16-04-2009

spacer

I agree with the one for Joe, but my reason is it doesn't really show his cleft chin. I honestly don't like it.

I'd have to go look at the Ken ones.

My favorite of Princess is actually one of the comic covers from her series. I have to go see which one it was. I know it was done by the artist who did Witchblade.

No new posts 07-10-2013 00:33 Becky Rock is offline Send an Email to Becky Rock Search for Posts by Becky Rock Add Becky Rock to your Buddy List
jublke
Forum Legend

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 24-10-2009

spacer

I think my favorite Ken shot is the one where he's looking over his shoulder with a smile on his face and just a hint of mischief in his eyes. Interesting that I can't think of a straight on headshot that is a favorite for him.

No new posts 07-10-2013 00:44 jublke is offline Send an Email to jublke Homepage of jublke Search for Posts by jublke Add jublke to your Buddy List
jublke
Forum Legend

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

spacer

By the way, that reminds me ... I'm throwing out a new theory that Joe is at least part Croatian. While at my grandma's funeral, I noticed that some of her people have eyes like his, ones that slant up at the corners. It doesn't look so unnatural on real people!

No new posts 07-10-2013 00:57 jublke is offline Send an Email to jublke Homepage of jublke Search for Posts by jublke Add jublke to your Buddy List
clouddancer clouddancer is a Female
Gatchamaniac

I am an Owl.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 10-04-2007

spacer

those are great screen shots. Since I don't do any drawing or looking for screen shots I can't really help you. I don't really have one image of Ken, or Joe, that stands out in my mind.

No new posts 07-10-2013 01:31 clouddancer is offline Send an Email to clouddancer Search for Posts by clouddancer Add clouddancer to your Buddy List
lborgia88 lborgia88 is a Female
Gatchamaniac

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 27-06-2007

spacer
RE: Best Screenshot? Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator        IP Information Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by Springie

Here's the best Joe screenie IMHO:

I agree -I think that's one of the best of Joe. I especially like the two pieces of hair falling onto his forehead.

I have a lot of closeups of Joe that I like -nearly all from later episodes in the first series (I think the artists were drawing him the best then) though I think a few are from Gatch II. I'm seeing a pattern -a lot of them are angsty/angry, but I think that's when there tended to be particularly detailed closeups of his face.

No new posts 07-10-2013 01:53 lborgia88 is offline Send an Email to lborgia88 Search for Posts by lborgia88 Add lborgia88 to your Buddy List YIM Screenname: lborgia88

I am a Swan.

40 fics uploaded

spacer

Not quite head on, but this is another one of Ken I really like.

And this one isn't a screenshot, but I believe it is official Tatsunoko art..

No new posts 07-10-2013 01:54 Transmute Jun is offline Send an Email to Transmute Jun Homepage of Transmute Jun Search for Posts by Transmute Jun Add Transmute Jun to your Buddy List

I am a Swan.

6 fics uploaded

spacer

LB, I am ROFL! I see who *you* focus on!! Those are all great Joe shots!

Julie- I think I know the one you're talking about...I have to look for it...

CD, that's ok...even if you don't have any screenshots to show, if you think of one, maybe you can direct me to it by telling me the episode...

TJ- those are great- you're right...almost straight ahead. I'm beginning to think that maybe there isn't just one screenshot of Ken that is considered "quintessential Ken"...I'm still on a mission to find one, though...

No new posts 07-10-2013 02:08 Springie is offline Send an Email to Springie Homepage of Springie Search for Posts by Springie Add Springie to your Buddy List YIM Screenname: Springie MSN Screenname: Springie

I am a Swan.

6 fics uploaded

spacer

quote:
Originally posted by Becky Rock
I agree with the one for Joe, but my reason is it doesn't really show his cleft chin. I honestly don't like it.

I'd have to go look at the Ken ones.

My favorite of Princess is actually one of the comic covers from her series. I have to go see which one it was. I know it was done by the artist who did Witchblade.

I agree with you, sans cleft is better. Now you have me thinking...what about the perfect Jun/Princess screenshot? I think I may have an idea...I know I like it better when they make her hair longer...

No new posts 07-10-2013 02:09 Springie is offline Send an Email to Springie Homepage of Springie Search for Posts by Springie Add Springie to your Buddy List YIM Screenname: Springie MSN Screenname: Springie

I am a Swan.

6 fics uploaded

spacer

Oooo...here's a contender...what do you think?

This one is nice, but it's early on in the series...he looks so different!

This post has been edited 2 time(s), it was last edited by Springie on 07-10-2013 at 02:22.
No new posts 07-10-2013 02:14 Springie is offline Send an Email to Springie Homepage of Springie Search for Posts by Springie Add Springie to your Buddy List YIM Screenname: Springie MSN Screenname: Springie

I am a Swan.

6 fics uploaded

spacer

This is nice, too...

No new posts 07-10-2013 02:16 Springie is offline Send an Email to Springie Homepage of Springie Search for Posts by Springie Add Springie to your Buddy List YIM Screenname: Springie MSN Screenname: Springie

I am a Swan.

6 fics uploaded

spacer

Here's a nice Jun shot...but it's a bit dark...

No new posts 07-10-2013 02:17 Springie is offline Send an Email to Springie Homepage of Springie Search for Posts by Springie Add Springie to your Buddy List YIM Screenname: Springie MSN Screenname: Springie

I am a Swan.

40 fics uploaded

spacer

In all of those his face seems too round... chipmunk cheeks! ROFL 2

No new posts 07-10-2013 02:18 Transmute Jun is offline Send an Email to Transmute Jun Homepage of Transmute Jun Search for Posts by Transmute Jun Add Transmute Jun to your Buddy List

I am a Swan.

6 fics uploaded

spacer

Ok, I'm just having fun looking for cute Kens now...LOL!

Nice closeup...

No new posts 07-10-2013 02:21 Springie is offline Send an Email to Springie Homepage of Springie Search for Posts by Springie Add Springie to your Buddy List YIM Screenname: Springie MSN Screenname: Springie

I am a Swan.

6 fics uploaded

spacer

Chipmunk cheeks, you think?

I was kind of leaning toward this one...

No new posts 07-10-2013 02:23 Springie is offline Send an Email to Springie Homepage of Springie Search for Posts by Springie Add Springie to your Buddy List YIM Screenname: Springie MSN Screenname: Springie

I am a Swan.

6 fics uploaded

spacer

Here are some more Juns...I think I like the first one best...

Cute side view...but I think her arm is broken! LOL!

No new posts 07-10-2013 02:26 Springie is offline Send an Email to Springie Homepage of Springie Search for Posts by Springie Add Springie to your Buddy List YIM Screenname: Springie MSN Screenname: Springie
jublke
Forum Legend

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

spacer

Now I am envisioning Ken with the strategists - Never let them see you straight-on, kid. Always put your face to the side. Otherwise, they'll see those cute little chipmunk cheeks of yours and never take you seriously, son.

No new posts 07-10-2013 02:39 jublke is offline Send an Email to jublke Homepage of jublke Search for Posts by jublke Add jublke to your Buddy List

I am a Swan.

6 fics uploaded

spacer

ROFL, Julie!! ROFL 2

No new posts 07-10-2013 03:02 Springie is offline Send an Email to Springie Homepage of Springie Search for Posts by Springie Add Springie to your Buddy List YIM Screenname: Springie MSN Screenname: Springie
[1]  2  3  next »  --> Members browsing this thread: none Pages (3): [1]  2  3  next » 
Post New Thread Post Reply
Rate Thread: 

very bad very bad 

very good very good 

Go to: