Gatchamania.net
Register Memberlist Staff Search FAQ Arcade Calendar Gallery Filebase Forums Home  

Gatchamania.net »[Speak Up!] »General Discussion » Lockout 2
Print Page | Recommend to Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Pages (3): [1]  2  3  next »  Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page Lockout 2
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
ElectricWhite ElectricWhite is a Female
Gatchamaniac

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 29-12-2011

spacer
Lockout 2 Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator        IP Information Go to the top of this page

And so begins the tale of what happened this time....

==========

ElectricWhite arrived at the Coral Temp Base, the place the members of Gatchamania.net gather whenever the regular site was unaccessible. It hadn’t been that long since Spectra had tried to take over the site, and the thought of them trying again was the first thing that came to her mind when her access had been blocked.

There were a few people milling about the loading dock – it hadn’t been that long since access to the regular site was blocked. On one wall were several large monitor screens. One of them displayed an image of the Gatchamania.net site; it looked like the camera shot was from the third floor of a building across the street, though no such building existed. A pale blue aura surrounded the site.

“So what’s going on?” Amethyst called as she came over to EW.

“You probably know more than I do.”

“Right. You keep saying that – ”

“Look, all I know is that I ran into that force field when I tried to check in at the site.”

“I’m just gonna stop talking – ” Amethyst let out a sigh, “nobody can tell when I’m joking.”

“CENTER NEPTUNE CONTROL TO THE CORAL TEMP BASE, COME IN CORAL TEMP BASE!” The Public Address system blasted 7-Zark-7's voice blasted throughout the base.

Amethyst grabbed the back of EW’s wheelchair and rushed over to the monitors.

“7-ZARK-7 TO THE TEMP BASE – IS ANYONE THERE? HELLO?”

“This is the Coral Temp Base!” EW cried as soon as they reached the monitor wall. Amethyst tried to not look as winded as she actually was; she’d seriously underestimated how far they were from the monitors.

“Oh good!” the robot replied at a more appropriate volume. His image appeared on the largest monitor. “I was afraid G-Force would have to investigate why you haven’t initiated your segment of the Omega Protocol!”

Amethyst and EW exchanged confused looks. “What do you mean?” EW asked.

“You should have initiated the protocol as soon as I locked down and isolated Gatchamania.net!” Zark proclaimed, “It’s imperative you follow the instructions Cep left in the event of his...oh dear....”

“Zark,” Amethyst said in a carefully measured tone, “what exactly are you trying to tell us?”

“Oh dear.” Zark said, “I’m sorry I must be the one to inform you of this...I’m afraid Cep has passed away.”

==========

To be continued..........

No new posts 26-07-2013 01:24 ElectricWhite is offline Send an Email to ElectricWhite Search for Posts by ElectricWhite Add ElectricWhite to your Buddy List
clouddancer clouddancer is a Female
Gatchamaniac

I am an Owl.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 10-04-2007

spacer
Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator        IP Information Go to the top of this page

See, I knew EW knew what was going on !!!!!

(That's what I said over at the temp base site)

No new posts 26-07-2013 01:31 clouddancer is offline Send an Email to clouddancer Search for Posts by clouddancer Add clouddancer to your Buddy List
Becky Rock Becky Rock is a Female
Gatchamaniac

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 16-04-2009

spacer
Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator        IP Information Go to the top of this page

What do you mean, Cep has passed away?

Do I have to take a particular tin can and place him in a trash compactor?

No new posts 26-07-2013 22:07 Becky Rock is offline Send an Email to Becky Rock Search for Posts by Becky Rock Add Becky Rock to your Buddy List
KT1972 KT1972 is a Female
Gatchamaniac

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 02-11-2011

spacer

quote:
Originally posted by Becky Rock

Do I have to take a particular tin can and place him in a trash compactor?

Yes please Becky! cheerleader2

No new posts 26-07-2013 22:10 KT1972 is offline Send an Email to KT1972 Search for Posts by KT1972 Add KT1972 to your Buddy List
Gatchamaniac

0 fics uploaded

spacer

quote:
Originally posted by Becky Rock

Perhaps you should read on!

==========

A very heavy, stunned silence crashed down on everyone in the base. Then a few, pitiful gasps were heard.

“Well,” Zark chirped, “now that we’ve gotten past that bit of unpleasantness – ”

“Now wait a minute, you overgrown metal tampon!” Amethyst cried.

“Is there something wrong?”

“I hope you’ve got proof.” EW said in a near growl.

“He disappeared from my sensors last night.” Zark replied evenly, “and I have not found him. In fact, he hasn’t appeared on any sensors in the galactic web. Therefore, it’s reasonable to assume he has – I’m sorry to say – passed on.”

EW and Amethyst heard several shrieks and sobs behind them.

“Zark,” EW strained to keep herself calm, “sensors can be blocked. They can malfunction. Technology fails from time to time.”

“What are you trying to say?”

“You need more than a sensor glitch to convince me that Cep’s dead.”

“Yeah!” someone behind EW cried.

“You tell ‘em, girl!” someone else declared.

“Oh dear.” Zark said, “I hadn’t planned on you being so irrational. I don’t want to be harsh, but you must realize that, one way or another, the Omega Protocol will be carried out!” With that, the screen went black.

“I don’t like the sound of that.” EW muttered.

“I wonder what he’s got in mind.” Amethyst said in a hushed tone.

Mark’s Cessna soared through the clear blue sky. At times like this, nothing else existed. Heaven couldn’t fill him with this kind of joy.

An electronic chirp came from his bracelet.

“Ears on, Zark!”

“Emergency! Rendevous with the Phoenix immediately!”

“On my way.”

==========

To Be continued..........

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by ElectricWhite on 26-07-2013 at 23:02.
No new posts 26-07-2013 22:58 ElectricWhite is offline Send an Email to ElectricWhite Search for Posts by ElectricWhite Add ElectricWhite to your Buddy List
Gatchamaniac

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

spacer

Yep, it's the trash compactor for him, after Jason and anyone else interested gets to use him for target practice.

No new posts 27-07-2013 00:47 Becky Rock is offline Send an Email to Becky Rock Search for Posts by Becky Rock Add Becky Rock to your Buddy List
jublke
Forum Legend

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 24-10-2009

spacer

"Overgrown metal tampon"? Bwah-ha-ha-ha!

No new posts 27-07-2013 04:37 jublke is offline Send an Email to jublke Homepage of jublke Search for Posts by jublke Add jublke to your Buddy List
Gatchamaniac

0 fics uploaded

spacer

quote:
Originally posted by jublke
"Overgrown metal tampon"? Bwah-ha-ha-ha!

Glad you liked that! It came to me when I was reviewing a BotP episode that I'm going to rewrite....it suddenly occurred to me how much Zark looks like that when he isn't wearing any of his costumes. (Thank God there's no novelty tampon market! Just imagine....eeeeeewwwwwww!)

No new posts 27-07-2013 13:08 ElectricWhite is offline Send an Email to ElectricWhite Search for Posts by ElectricWhite Add ElectricWhite to your Buddy List
Gatchamaniac

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

spacer

Don't give them ideas!

No new posts 27-07-2013 15:24 Becky Rock is offline Send an Email to Becky Rock Search for Posts by Becky Rock Add Becky Rock to your Buddy List
Gatchamaniac

I am an Owl.

0 fics uploaded

spacer

quote:
Originally posted by ElectricWhite (Thank God there's no novelty tampon market! Just imagine....eeeeeewwwwwww!)

Shudders at the thought

No new posts 27-07-2013 15:40 clouddancer is offline Send an Email to clouddancer Search for Posts by clouddancer Add clouddancer to your Buddy List
Daniella T Daniella T is a Female
GatchaFreak

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 18-09-2011

spacer

It's good to know what and who is behind the lockouts!

laugh3

No new posts 27-07-2013 21:11 Daniella T is offline Send an Email to Daniella T Search for Posts by Daniella T Add Daniella T to your Buddy List
GatchaFreak

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

spacer

quote:
Originally posted by clouddancer
quote:
Originally posted by ElectricWhite (Thank God there's no novelty tampon market! Just imagine....eeeeeewwwwwww!)

Shudders at the thought

Roll

No new posts 27-07-2013 21:12 Daniella T is offline Send an Email to Daniella T Search for Posts by Daniella T Add Daniella T to your Buddy List
Gatchamaniac

0 fics uploaded

spacer

quote:
Originally posted by Daniella T
It's good to know what and who is behind the lockouts!

But, wait, DT! There's more!

==========

In the middle of the docking bay floor was a clump of people wearing the helmets, capes, and utility belts of various G-Force members combined with the polo shirts and khaki slacks of IT techs. Each one was hunched over a laptop computer, their fingers furiously flying over the keyboards.

Amethyst never dreamed there were so many Gatchageeks in the membership.

She circled around the clump, looking for one geek in particular. So many Eagle helmets...

She finally found him and picked her way through the clump until she stood before him.

“How’s it going, Gary?”

He stopped typing and looked up at Amethyst while he rubbed his fingers. “I’ve never come across anything so tough.”

Amethyst looked crestfallen.

“I’m not saying it’s impossible.” he added, “It’s just that, well, that pissy little trash can is pretty stubborn when he wants to be.”

“Is there anything you can tell me?”

“Somebody here’s bound to get around Zark and reopen the site.” He stopped a moment to reach under his visor to push his horn-rimmed glasses up on his nose. “ Nobody’s found Cep yet, but the entire solar system’ll have to explode before I’ll believe Cep’s really dead.”

Amethyst gave him a weak smile. “Keep up the good work.”

The Phoenix sat on the ocean floor. A short distance away was a perfect replica of Center Neptune.

“Well, I’ll be damned.” Tiny breathed as he stared at the image on the viewscreen.

“How on Earth did they get past the Early Warning System and build that thing?” Princess asked, awestruck.

“We’ll have to save that question for later.” Mark said in a commanding tone, “Right now, we need to take it out of the picture before it goes online!”

==========

This post has been edited 2 time(s), it was last edited by ElectricWhite on 27-07-2013 at 23:55.
No new posts 27-07-2013 23:52 ElectricWhite is offline Send an Email to ElectricWhite Search for Posts by ElectricWhite Add ElectricWhite to your Buddy List
GatchaFreak

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

spacer

EW -- Oh yes, I was hoping there was more! Now how are they going to take a whole replica of Centre Neptune out of the picture? And, most importantly, how can the team make sure that the site does not go down again?

No new posts 28-07-2013 09:56 Daniella T is offline Send an Email to Daniella T Search for Posts by Daniella T Add Daniella T to your Buddy List
Gatchamaniac

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

spacer

So, Cep went to the wrong Center Neptune?

No new posts 28-07-2013 17:39 Becky Rock is offline Send an Email to Becky Rock Search for Posts by Becky Rock Add Becky Rock to your Buddy List
Gatchamaniac

I am an Owl.

0 fics uploaded

spacer

quote:
Originally posted by Daniella T
EW -- how can the team make sure that the site does not go down again?

Obviously the team can't, considering the site was down again for me for 4 hours this afternoon.

No new posts 28-07-2013 22:24 clouddancer is offline Send an Email to clouddancer Search for Posts by clouddancer Add clouddancer to your Buddy List
Gatchamaniac

0 fics uploaded

spacer

Well, maybe you should keep reading!

==========

Whenever people think of the Condor when he’s about to fire the Phoenix’s missiles, they usually see him slamming his fist down on the big, red button. Or he’s simply pressing the button with his index finger. But they fail to realize that there are subtleties to pressing that button.

Right now, for instance, Jason’s preparing to use a very gentle touch. So gentle, in fact, that you might not realize he’s actually pressed the button until you hear the rocket leave the missile bay and see it streaking away on the viewscreen.

Any minute now, the fake Center Neptune will taste one of the Condor’s favorite forms of fiery destruction.

Any...minute...now....

“What’s wrong, Jason?” Mark asked.

“This whole situation’s wrong.” Jason answered as he stepped back from the console.

“Of course it is!” Mark retorted, “Spectra’s built a base that looks exactly like Center Neptune!”

“But why? And look around! There aren’t any of those crab tanks around. Hell, they should’ve at least fired a missile at us by now!”

“They probably would have if Zark hadn’t discovered this base until later – ”

“And Zark’s never wrong!” The rest of the team could almost see the sarcasm drip from Jason’s words.

“We have our orders, Jason.” Mark reached for the button. Jason promptly slapped his commander’s hand away.

Princess, Tiny, and Keyop shifted uncomfortably in their seats; while they’ve watched the Eagle and the Condor argue many times before, it was usually Mark holding Jason back, not what they were witnessing now.

Mark finally knocked Jason off balance just enough to allow a fist to slam down on the red button.

The Condor grit his teeth as he watched two missiles race away from the Phoenix and find their mark.

“You son of a – ”

“It has to be done, Jason.”

“What if there are innocent people – ”

“I doubt you’ll find any innocent Spectrans there.”

Princess let out a gasp. “Mark, you need to hear this!”

The in-cabin speakers hissed to life. ”...to the Phoenix, please respond!” It took a moment for G-Force to realize they were hearing ElectricWhite’s voice through the static. Her voice was steady and controlled, as if she was a professional broadcaster. ”This is an unarmed civilian facility. We have numerous casualties. G-Force, please respond!”

But then her voice broke, and they heard her sob, ”For the love of God, Jason, at least tell me why you fired on us!”

==========

No new posts 28-07-2013 23:11 ElectricWhite is offline Send an Email to ElectricWhite Search for Posts by ElectricWhite Add ElectricWhite to your Buddy List
Gatchamaniac

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

spacer

EW, your plotting is fantastic and truly evil. Mark is going to be groveling for a long time.

No new posts 29-07-2013 00:00 Becky Rock is offline Send an Email to Becky Rock Search for Posts by Becky Rock Add Becky Rock to your Buddy List
KT1972 KT1972 is a Female
Gatchamaniac

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 02-11-2011

spacer

Oooops....... Hiding 2 I guess this is one time Mark should have listened to Jason....

No new posts 29-07-2013 08:23 KT1972 is offline Send an Email to KT1972 Search for Posts by KT1972 Add KT1972 to your Buddy List
Gatchamaniac

0 fics uploaded

spacer

And the story continues....

==========

Security Chief Anderson’s mouth hung slightly open as he stood on an observation deck of the landing bay, watching corpsmen race to the Phoenix with stretchers. With the utmost precision, they rushed the most severely injured Gatchamaniacs to Center Neptune’s sick bay.

As soon as the last of the corpsmen were on their way, the chief made his way down to meet G-Force. Jason rushed past, carrying a woman in his arms. The Condor was moving so quickly that the chief couldn’t see who the woman was.

Mark walked several paces ahead of the rest of the team. Once he was before Chief Anderson, he dropped his head.

“I’m sorry, Chief.” Mark said, “I was so determined to carry out orders that I refused to see the problems with the intel.”

“What are you talking about, Mark?”

“The orders to destroy the new Spectran base that looked like Center Neptune.”

Chief Anderson’s expression darkened. “My office. Now.”

Several hours passed. Mark was still in Bird Style – he’d spent the entire time in Chief Anderson’s office. The chief looked tired, but Mark had the look of someone who had been forced to watch as all the residents of five orphanages were tortured and killed.

Jason entered the office, wearing his civilian clothes. He saw Mark and stopped as soon as he was through the door.

“Were you able to talk to ElectricWhite?” Anderson asked. Jason nodded. The chief motioned for Jason to stand before the desk, next to Mark.

Jason grit his teeth and then obliged. Once he was at the desk, he gave Mark a look of both disgust and anger. He then crossed his arms and turned his face away.

Even though he didn’t look at Jason, the look of misery on Mark’s face intensified at the instant the Condor turned his face away.

“Well?” the chief asked.

“Gatchamania.net’s down.” Jason said, “The membership was starting to gather at their temporary site when Zark contacted them.”

“Zark contacted them?” Anderson wasn’t sure if he should believe what he’d just heard.

“That’s what she said.” Jason replied, his voice slightly tinged with annoyance, “He informed them that he’d locked down the site and initiated something called ‘The Omega Protocol’.”

“And what’s that?” the chief asked.

“Nobody knows. But Zark said it was initiated upon Cep’s death, and he was going to make sure it’s completed, no matter what.”

“Cep’s dead?!” Mark cried.

“That’s what Zark said.” Jason replied, “But some people are smart enough to not take Zark’s word as Gospel.”

“Jason....” Anderson warned. Jason let out a snort and again turned his face away from Mark.

The chief let a moment pass before he continued. “I don’t like the implications of this. I fear Zark may have gone rogue.”

==========

No new posts 29-07-2013 21:47 ElectricWhite is offline Send an Email to ElectricWhite Search for Posts by ElectricWhite Add ElectricWhite to your Buddy List
[1]  2  3  next »  --> Members browsing this thread: none Pages (3): [1]  2  3  next » 
Post New Thread Post Reply
Rate Thread: 

very bad very bad 

very good very good 

Go to: