Gatchamania.net
Register Memberlist Staff Search FAQ Arcade Calendar Gallery Filebase Forums Home  

Gatchamania.net »[Speak Up!] »General Discussion » Gatchaman Crowds - G-Suits revealed
Print Page | Recommend to Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Pages (2): « previous  1  [2]  Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page Gatchaman Crowds - G-Suits revealed
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
lborgia88 lborgia88 is a Female
Gatchamaniac

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 27-06-2007

spacer
Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator        IP Information Go to the top of this page

I'm not sure I would have recognized that JJ's voice is that of the same actor, Katsuji Mori, who voiced Ken in the original series if I hadn't already known, but knowing that and listening, I could kind of tell, but he speaks in a slower and more solemn way.

No new posts 13-07-2013 01:23 lborgia88 is offline Send an Email to lborgia88 Search for Posts by lborgia88 Add lborgia88 to your Buddy List YIM Screenname: lborgia88
Victoria Victoria is a Female
Exalted Member

I am a Berg Katse.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 07-10-2011

spacer
Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator        IP Information Go to the top of this page

Well, it has been forty years. There's no helping it. I am not_very_fond of Ken (although I like writing about him) so I didn't have many expectations of JJ's voice actor, but like in the case of BK it grew on me quite quickly. A pleasant surprise indeed. (So there is Katsuji Mori as JJ and the Ayapanda being G-3. It... makes me wonder) I hope he'll say "Baaaado Go!!!" at least once.

By the way, shouldn't there be a new board for G-Crowds? I know it doesn't have much to do with the classic Gatchaman (yet), but seeing how many threads are being made, I'd say one is due. (also, seeing so many threads on 4chan with 500+ replies is a delight. Some of the excerpts made me laugh pretty hard)

Also, I was quite happy Utsutsu actually wears a school uniform in public.

My fanart is here

No new posts 13-07-2013 02:14 Victoria is offline Send an Email to Victoria Homepage of Victoria Search for Posts by Victoria Add Victoria to your Buddy List
lborgia88 lborgia88 is a Female
Gatchamaniac

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 27-06-2007

spacer

quote:
Originally posted by Victoria
Also, I was quite happy Utsutsu actually wears a school uniform in public.

Yes. I had to watch it a second time before I noticed that both she and Jo are at the escalators in the mall when Sugane starts fighting the MESS. And that JJ doesn't really give a NOTE to Hajime so much as he mystically pulls it forth from her chest.

Curious to know what is meant about the MESS "absorbing" people, that Gatchaman "salvage" (and then later memory-wipe) by destroying the MESS.

On Crunchyroll, it's gotten 137 votes and an average rating of 4.5 out of 5 stars. I also noticed that the episode becomes available for "free users" on July 19. As of today, it's only available to "premium users."

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by lborgia88 on 13-07-2013 at 02:34.
No new posts 13-07-2013 02:33 lborgia88 is offline Send an Email to lborgia88 Search for Posts by lborgia88 Add lborgia88 to your Buddy List YIM Screenname: lborgia88
Exalted Member

I am a Berg Katse.

0 fics uploaded

spacer

quote:
Originally posted by lborgia88

And that JJ doesn't really give a NOTE to Hajime so much as he mystically pulls it forth from her chest.

It's like I'm watching Utena again. I liked the part when he wrapped her in his... uh... kimono-thing. It made me snigger.

Direct downloads are now up on http://www.cyber12.com/page-Gatchaman_Crowds.html

My fanart is here

No new posts 13-07-2013 04:46 Victoria is offline Send an Email to Victoria Homepage of Victoria Search for Posts by Victoria Add Victoria to your Buddy List
clouddancer clouddancer is a Female
Gatchamaniac

I am an Owl.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 10-04-2007

spacer

quote:
Originally posted by Transmute Jun
Not excited. I think the key to this is to ignore the Gatchaman name, as it really has almost nothing to do with the show.

That is exactly the way I see it too TJ. I am not seeing it as a connection to Gatchaman at all. Only as another anime that may be interesting to look into watching.

No new posts 13-07-2013 14:08 clouddancer is offline Send an Email to clouddancer Search for Posts by clouddancer Add clouddancer to your Buddy List
clouddancer clouddancer is a Female
Gatchamaniac

I am an Owl.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 10-04-2007

spacer

LB, thank you for capturing the screen images for us and giving a write up of the first episode.

No new posts 13-07-2013 14:15 clouddancer is offline Send an Email to clouddancer Search for Posts by clouddancer Add clouddancer to your Buddy List
UnpublishedWriter UnpublishedWriter is a Female
Gatchamaniac

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 31-08-2009

spacer

If you look at the CAGE still, you can see the Gatch symbol on the floor.

No new posts 13-07-2013 15:25 UnpublishedWriter is offline Send an Email to UnpublishedWriter Search for Posts by UnpublishedWriter Add UnpublishedWriter to your Buddy List
Becky Rock Becky Rock is a Female
Gatchamaniac

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 16-04-2009

spacer

Thanks, LB.

I'm still not sure about it. I think it's partly because I don't care for that style on anime, either. I like the people to look more real.

No new posts 14-07-2013 00:09 Becky Rock is offline Send an Email to Becky Rock Search for Posts by Becky Rock Add Becky Rock to your Buddy List
amethyst amethyst is a Female
Wanted: $1000 Reward

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 15-07-2009

spacer

quote:
Originally posted by Becky Rock
Thanks, LB.

I'm still not sure about it. I think it's partly because I don't care for that style on anime, either. I like the people to look more real.

I agree! It is one of the things that drew me to BotP in the first place, you can see an attempt at reality in the animation. Modern Anime (and cartoons in general) have lost that and it is a big turn off for me.

No new posts 14-07-2013 16:51 amethyst is offline Send an Email to amethyst Search for Posts by amethyst Add amethyst to your Buddy List
TheSolarSailor TheSolarSailor is a Male

I am a Galactor.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 06-05-2011

spacer

quote:
Originally posted by UnpublishedWriter

I mean no disrespect, but slapping a Gatchaman symbol here or there doesn't magically make it Gatchaman in any shape, form, or fashion. I mean, Halle Berry wore a cat-suit and sported whip, but she was in no way Catwoman at all regardless of what the title of the film was.

No new posts 14-07-2013 17:45 TheSolarSailor is offline Send an Email to TheSolarSailor Search for Posts by TheSolarSailor Add TheSolarSailor to your Buddy List
Tengu
Forum Legend

20 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 22-07-2001

spacer

So, what do we have?

A cynical civil servant.
A gardener in a bikini
A Yamabushi in a stripy scarf
A Schoolgirl with a stationary fetish
A small cute thing with attitude problems...

...Somewhere, in a Reality very close by, these are all normal characters.

(I have just got back from Cornwall, and trust me, they probably live there.)

No new posts 17-07-2013 17:53 Tengu is offline Send an Email to Tengu Search for Posts by Tengu Add Tengu to your Buddy List
Tengu
Forum Legend

20 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 22-07-2001

spacer

Well, I have managed to download the thing. (something that involves me pushing random buttons.)

I kind of like it, wacky as it is, and Ill watch the next ep.

And aside from the theme tune, the musics nice

I always aspired to own a Filofax too...Now I have one, Im not so smitten.

What is wrong with wrist mobiles?

No new posts 17-07-2013 18:40 Tengu is offline Send an Email to Tengu Search for Posts by Tengu Add Tengu to your Buddy List
Exalted Member

I am a Berg Katse.

0 fics uploaded

spacer

quote:
Originally posted by Tengu

And aside from the theme tune, the musics nice

As expected of Taku Iwasaki. He's the best.

Is it just me or is the first scene in which Katse v2.0 appeared kind of simmilar to the last scene with Katse v1.0? (also, Hajime's scissors are awesome. I wish I had scissors like that)

My fanart is here

No new posts 18-07-2013 15:56 Victoria is offline Send an Email to Victoria Homepage of Victoria Search for Posts by Victoria Add Victoria to your Buddy List
UnpublishedWriter UnpublishedWriter is a Female
Gatchamaniac

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 31-08-2009

spacer

quote:
Originally posted by TheSolarSailor
quote:
Originally posted by UnpublishedWriter

I mean no disrespect, but slapping a Gatchaman symbol here or there doesn't magically make it Gatchaman in any shape, form, or fashion. I mean, Halle Berry wore a cat-suit and sported whip, but she was in no way Catwoman at all regardless of what the title of the film was.

Just pointing out that the creators of the show plainly intend some relationship to the original.

No new posts 20-07-2013 00:56 UnpublishedWriter is offline Send an Email to UnpublishedWriter Search for Posts by UnpublishedWriter Add UnpublishedWriter to your Buddy List
« previous  1  [2]  --> Members browsing this thread: none Pages (2): « previous  1  [2] 
Post New Thread Post Reply
Rate Thread: 

very bad very bad 

very good very good 

Go to: