Gatchamania.net
Register Memberlist Staff Search FAQ Arcade Calendar Gallery Filebase Forums Home  

Gatchamania.net »[Speak Up!] »General Discussion » Gatchaman Crowds Radio
Print Page | Recommend to Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page Gatchaman Crowds Radio
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
tatsunokofan tatsunokofan is a Male
Gatch Guru

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 03-12-2006

spacer
Gatchaman Crowds Radio Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator        IP Information Go to the top of this page

Hi all!

On July 4th, Bunka Broadcastings's Mobile Bunka Broadcasting station, Cho!A&G+ (Super! Anime & Game +), launched a new series, "Daisuke Namikawa and Mamoru Miyano's Gatchaman Crowds Radio" (Or, just plain "Gatchaman Crowds Radio," for simplicities sake). As you can guess by the title, the online-only series is hosted by Daisuke Namikawa, the voice of Joe Hibiki, and Mamoru Miyano, the voice of Berg Katse. The series goes live every Thursday at 6:30pm Japan time. The series will present listeners with the lighthearted look at the latest news and information regarding Gatchaman Crowds.

Fortunately, the episodes are available to listen to after their initial broadcast on various websites. One of the easiest I've found to navigate is here:

http://hibiki-radio.jp/?radio_id=340

Just hit the "Play" button under the "Gatchaman Crowds Radio" picture at the top of the page.

If for some reason this doesn't work for you, two additional playback options can be found at the bottom of this page:

http://hibiki-radio.jp/description/gatchaman_crowds

As you might expect, the program is entirely in Japanese, so I can understand why it might not be of interest to many of you. With the series not airing yet, and with a lot of the specifics regarding the show still under wraps, this episode has Mr. Namikawa and Mr. Miyano speaking about it in only generalized terms, as well as making occasional humorous references back to the original series (Singing the "Dare da! Dare da! Dare da!" part of the theme song, ending the episode with "Bird Go!," and the like). The part that is likely of greatest interest to non-Japanese speaking listeners comes approximately 16:20 into the broadcast, when they play the opening theme song of Gatchaman Crowds, giving us our first chance to hear the new theme.

And speaking of Gatchaman Crowds, Tatsunoko confirmed in their Twitter feed what Aya Hirano mentioned at the earlier Gatchaman Crowds press event; the new G Suits worn by the heroes of the series will be revealed to the public for the first time at the Japan Expo being held in Paris, France this weekend. A look at the events guide for Japan Expo shows that they are showing a number of classic Tatsunoko shows as part of a commemoration of the 50th Anniversary of the studio. The Gatchaman portion of their tribute will be held on Sunday, July 7th, at 3:15. According to their website, they will be showing the first episode of the original Gatchaman series, followed by a presentation for Gatchaman Crowds. With any luck, details from this event will appear online shortly afterwards.

James

No new posts 05-07-2013 18:52 tatsunokofan is offline Send an Email to tatsunokofan Search for Posts by tatsunokofan Add tatsunokofan to your Buddy List
Becky Rock Becky Rock is a Female
Gatchamaniac

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 16-04-2009

spacer
Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator        IP Information Go to the top of this page

It seems they are very serious about this revamp of the series. What are the chances the Japanese won't like the new version? They've got to be having the same doubts and concerns we are.

No new posts 05-07-2013 21:31 Becky Rock is offline Send an Email to Becky Rock Search for Posts by Becky Rock Add Becky Rock to your Buddy List
lborgia88 lborgia88 is a Female
Gatchamaniac

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 27-06-2007

spacer
RE: Gatchaman Crowds Radio Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator        IP Information Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by tatsunokofan
The Gatchaman portion of their tribute will be held on Sunday, July 7th, at 3:15. According to their website, they will be showing the first episode of the original Gatchaman series, followed by a presentation for Gatchaman Crowds. With any luck, details from this event will appear online shortly afterwards.

I hope they do -that sounds like it will generate discussion about what (if anything...) there is in common between the original series and Gatchaman Crowds.

quote:
Originally posted by Becky Rock
What are the chances the Japanese won't like the new version? They've got to be having the same doubts and concerns we are.

I'm curious too to see what kind of reviews it gets in Japan, once it starts airing.

No new posts 06-07-2013 03:36 lborgia88 is offline Send an Email to lborgia88 Search for Posts by lborgia88 Add lborgia88 to your Buddy List YIM Screenname: lborgia88
Members browsing this thread: none
Post New Thread Post Reply
Rate Thread: 

very bad very bad 

very good very good 

Go to: