Gatchamania.net
Register Memberlist Staff Search FAQ Arcade Calendar Gallery Filebase Forums Home  

Gatchamania.net »[Speak Up!] »General Discussion » Gatchaman Crowds Update - Premiere Date! Voice Cast! Theme Songs!
Print Page | Recommend to Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page Gatchaman Crowds Update - Premiere Date! Voice Cast! Theme Songs!
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
tatsunokofan tatsunokofan is a Male
Gatch Guru

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 03-12-2006

spacer
Gatchaman Crowds Update - Premiere Date! Voice Cast! Theme Songs! Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator        IP Information Go to the top of this page

Hi all!

The Gatchaman Crowds website has had another update, giving us all sorts of data regarding the voice cast, the theme songs, and the premiere date!

The premiere date first. The series will begin airing on Nippon Television on Friday, July 12th, at 25:58. Yeah, I know, there's only 24 hours in a day. But the Japanese use a broadcast day that starts in the morning at 4:00am and goes until 3:59:59am, and consider it a single, continuous stream of hours -- essentially 4:00:00 to 27:59:59. As far as normal people look at this, the series premieres Saturday, July 13th, at 1:58am, but the official records will say July 12th at 25:58.

Maaya Uchida is no longer that only announced voice in the series. Joining her in the series we have as follows:

Hajime Ichinose - Maaya Uchida
Sugane Tachibana - Ryota Osaka
Joe Hibiki - Daisuke Namikawa
O.D - Daisuke Hosomi
Utsu-tsu - Kotori Koiwai
Paiman - Aya Hirano
Rui Ninomiya - Ayumu Murase
Berg Katse - Mamoru Miyano
Governor X - Sakura Tange
J.J. Robinson - Katsuji Mori

The big news off of this list is the voice of J.J. Robinson, who is being played by none other than Katsuji Mori! In case it slipped your mind, Mr. Mori was the voice of Ken, the Eagle in Gatchaman (And Gatchaman II, and Gatchaman Fighter, and the Gatchaman radio drama, and the Gatchaman movie, and numerous other appearances of the character). While this might not be his familiar Gatchaman role, it will still be great to hear Mr. Mori's voice again!

The announcement of the voice cast has also brought about a need for me to correct the genders on a pair of characters. Darn that lack of gender-specific wording in their character descriptions! Anyway, O.D is a guy, not a girl. Hey, the character appears to be wearing high heels, so what would you think? Likewise, Rui might also a boy. The character is voiced by a young man, but he's one who, according to his profile on his talent agency's website, has the ability to voice either male or female characters. Rui is a girls name, so we'll have to chalk that one up as a maybe for now. Paiman is also being voiced by a girl, but as this character is a cute, mascot-like character, it's kinda hard to tell what gender it's supposed to be.

I do have to wonder if Governor X is the identity of the mystery girl, whose description is simply, "A celebrity on the SNS “GALAX,” she has a charismatic personality." Or is this X, who we have been told was developed by Rui, something else entirely? We'll have to wait and see.

And, lastly, the theme songs for the series have been announced. No, not a remake of the original series themes. The opening theme is called "Crowds," and is performed by the group indie rock band White Ash. The CD single of the theme will be released on August 21st. The ending theme is titled "Innocent Note," and is performed by the character of Hajime Ichonose (Meaning, of course, that Maaya Uchida is singing the song as Hajime). Both the TV size and full size versions of this song will be released on the Gatchaman Crowds soundtrack album, which is being released on August 28th. While they haven't made an official announcement regarding it, the description for the soundtrack album mentions that the music is being composed by Taku Iwasaki. Mr. Iwasaki is generally known for his jazz-like scores, and he composed the scores for such anime productions as "C," "009-1," "Witch Hunter Robin," "The Soul Taker," and "Rurouni Kenshin," among others.

Anyway, all of this has come from the Gatchaman Crowds website. If you wish to see it from the original, Japanese language source, it can be found here:

http://www.ntv.co.jp/GATCHAMAN_Crowds/index.html

With less than a month before the premiere (No matter what day of the week you look at it as premiering on!), I'm sure there will be plenty more to come very soon!

James

No new posts 14-06-2013 18:32 tatsunokofan is offline Send an Email to tatsunokofan Search for Posts by tatsunokofan Add tatsunokofan to your Buddy List
Springie Springie is a Female
Her Royal Fluffiness...Swan of Swans...

I am a Swan.

6 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 12-06-2006

spacer
Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator        IP Information Go to the top of this page

Sneaking in from work...lots of news today! I do love the idea of hearing Ken's voice again, even if it is linked to an unfamiliar character! (*sigh* I am so longing to see my familiar, beloved characters once again)

Thanks for keeping us in the loop, James!

There is no problem that cannot be solved with time, patience, and a judicious amount of high explosives.

No new posts 14-06-2013 18:41 Springie is offline Send an Email to Springie Homepage of Springie Search for Posts by Springie Add Springie to your Buddy List YIM Screenname: Springie MSN Screenname: Springie
Transmute Jun Transmute Jun is a Female
Queen of the Bird Missiles

I am a Swan.

40 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 04-04-2007

spacer
Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator        IP Information Go to the top of this page

So the show is on at (essentially) 2 am? That doesn't seem like the best timeslot for viewers.

Thanks for providing translations of all of the new information, James!

No new posts 15-06-2013 00:39 Transmute Jun is offline Send an Email to Transmute Jun Homepage of Transmute Jun Search for Posts by Transmute Jun Add Transmute Jun to your Buddy List
Victoria Victoria is a Female
Exalted Member

I am a Berg Katse.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 07-10-2011

spacer

Taku Iwasaki. Taku Iwasaki. TAKU IWASAKI!!!! Oh GOD! YES, YES, YES, if nothing else, God Damn, That's exactly what I hoped for! Aaaah, that's going to be GLORIOUS! I hope Mr. Iwasaki will do as good a job as he did with Katanagatari, Jormungand and [C]. (no, seriously. The opening scene to Katanagatari gave me the goosebumps because how epic the music was. And as for Jormungand, I listen to the soundtrack when I write my Gatchaman fics. A lot.)

Mamoru Miyano for BK... ah, well I s'pose... But Aya Hirano joining in as well? Thats's a surprise. Not sure if good. She's a decent voice actess, I guess, but the recent stigma associated with her name after all her publicity stunts worries me that it might attract a lot of trolls. And Sakura Tange as X is just bizarre.

(Taku Iwasaki... oh, blessed be the day they decided to commision him for this.)

My fanart is here

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by Victoria on 15-06-2013 at 01:01.
No new posts 15-06-2013 00:56 Victoria is offline Send an Email to Victoria Homepage of Victoria Search for Posts by Victoria Add Victoria to your Buddy List
gatchamarie gatchamarie is a Female
Gatchamaniac

I am an Eagle.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 18-06-2009

spacer

Many thanks again for the continuous updates, James! At least, there's going to be something from the original, then, even though I would have wished that it would have been Ken himself, apart from the voice! But, hearing so is most heartwarming in itself!

No new posts 17-06-2013 13:51 gatchamarie is offline Send an Email to gatchamarie Search for Posts by gatchamarie Add gatchamarie to your Buddy List
Members browsing this thread: none
Post New Thread Post Reply
Rate Thread: 

very bad very bad 

very good very good 

Go to: