Gatchamania.net
Register Memberlist Staff Search FAQ Arcade Calendar Gallery Filebase Forums Home  

Gatchamania.net »[Speak Up!] »General Discussion » Lockout!
Print Page | Recommend to Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Pages (3): [1]  2  3  next »  Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page Lockout!
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
ElectricWhite ElectricWhite is a Female
Gatchamaniac

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 29-12-2011

spacer
Lockout! Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator        IP Information Go to the top of this page

Back when the site had just gone down, Daniella made the comment that we could get a fic out of the situation. Well, here's what I've come up with so far....

==========

DAY 1

SQL-DATABASE ERROR

Database error in WoltLab Burning Board: Link-ID == false, connect failed
mysql error: Host ‘C15472-140440' is blocked because of many connection errors; unblock with
‘mysqladmin flush-hosts’
mysql error number 1129
Date: 28.03.2013 @19:07
Script: /index.php?sid=
Referer:

ElectricWhite’s eyes glazed over as she read the error message. She tried to logon to the Gatchamania.net site again. Again, the error message.

She’d heard of the site going down before, but this was the first time it had happened since she’d joined this group. Still, it didn’t bother her; it was sure to be fixed soon.

DAY 2

EW was nearly exhausted by the time she’d gotten to the edge of the parking lot at the Gatchamania site. She’d never seen so many people here at one time, and she was certain they all weren’t members. She passed several prayer groups, a Catholic priest performing an exorcism, a Greek Orthodox priest who seemed to be doing the same, a handful of faith healers, at least one shaman from every tribe in the Amazon Rain Forest, a bunch of rabbis, and a voodoo priestess dispatching a chicken.

EW urged her wheelchair on until she came upon a group of newbies chiseling small holes in a wall and then stuffing bits of paper in the holes.

“What the hell –?”

“Oh!” one of the newbies let out a startled cry. He nervously stepped over to her. “Uh, well, you see, the site’s down, and we haven’t heard from Cep, so we decided to write little prayers and stuff them into this wall –”

“Well, cut it out! This isn’t the Wailing Wall. Cep’s probably working on the problem now.”

“You think so?”

“Yeah. You’ve just gotta be patient.”

“Well, what should we do?”

“Just relax. Be patient. This isn’t the end of the world.” She left them as they pulled the bits of paper out of the wall and discussed ways they might patch the holes. She rounded a corner and let out a groan – in front of her were a half dozen people holding signs that read: “THE END IS NIGH!”

The Spectran commander stood in the center of a vast courtyard within the Gatchamania site. He struck a pose that he thought made him look powerful, even though his uniform made him look like a puke-green jackalope. A solder darted up to him and saluted.

“Sir,” the soldier said, “the site is secure!”

“Good. And what about this ‘Cep’ character?”

“He’s not in any of the places we’ve searched.”

“That’s not good, soldier.”

“But there’s one place we have yet to look, sir.”

“Where?”

The soldier pointed toward the high, vaulted ceiling. The commander looked up and saw a schooner-shaped cloud slowly drifting several storeys above them.

“But we’re about to take care of that!” the soldier cried, anticipating the commander’s next question. As soon as he finished speaking, a large trampoline was dragged into view. On the far side of the trampoline, more Spectran soldiers started forming a pyramid. Finally, a soldier carrying a large butterfly net scurried to the top...

No new posts 02-04-2013 20:54 ElectricWhite is offline Send an Email to ElectricWhite Search for Posts by ElectricWhite Add ElectricWhite to your Buddy List
KT1972 KT1972 is a Female
Gatchamaniac

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 02-11-2011

spacer
Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator        IP Information Go to the top of this page

just as we all suspected.... spectra HAD to be involved somehow!!!Bfg3000

Well done EW, Love it Tongue

No new posts 02-04-2013 21:12 KT1972 is offline Send an Email to KT1972 Search for Posts by KT1972 Add KT1972 to your Buddy List
littlewolf littlewolf is a Female
Forum God

I am an Owl.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 10-04-2010

spacer
Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator        IP Information Go to the top of this page

laugh3
EW fantastic

a butterfly net - Wobble I think once again they underestimated our mighty Cep, I don 't know if he would be annoyed or just insulted

ps can we keep the trampoline? or is made by the same company that makes the mecha's?
cause it could be fun

No new posts 02-04-2013 22:43 littlewolf is offline Send an Email to littlewolf Search for Posts by littlewolf Add littlewolf to your Buddy List
ChrisW ChrisW is a Female
Gatchamaniac

I am an Eagle.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 16-01-2012

spacer

I'm picturing a whole slew of Spectrans going splat. Smile

No new posts 02-04-2013 23:44 ChrisW is offline Send an Email to ChrisW Search for Posts by ChrisW Add ChrisW to your Buddy List
Cep Cep is a Male
Board Pirate

I am a Galactor.

Registration Date: 22-01-2004

spacer

Just wait until you hear the ending Monty

Gatchamania.net Administrator Gatch

No new posts 03-04-2013 09:36 Cep is offline Send an Email to Cep Homepage of Cep Search for Posts by Cep Add Cep to your Buddy List Add Cep to your Contact List AIM Screenname: cepeleon
clouddancer clouddancer is a Female
Gatchamaniac

I am an Owl.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 10-04-2007

spacer

Cep, I was going to ask if that was a warning of bad things coming .... until I noticed the smilie.

EW - that certainly expresses some of the emotions I was going through during our down time.

No new posts 03-04-2013 11:22 clouddancer is offline Send an Email to clouddancer Search for Posts by clouddancer Add clouddancer to your Buddy List
gatchamarie gatchamarie is a Female
Gatchamaniac

I am an Eagle.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 18-06-2009

spacer

That was hilarious, EW! I did suspect that Galactor/Spectrans had something to do with it! This after I thought that the site was angry with me, and wouldn't leave me log in, after it might have thought that I might have forgotten it due to my lately, regular absence! My suspicions about an enemy attach became more founded, since, after not being able to enter the site, our home computer went dead for a couple of days also! There are no doubts ... the enemy managed to spread its virus! And, to say that I was so happy to have had some time to spare during the Easter holidays! Our computer has just been revived, but alas ... I'm now left with just a speck of time at hand! Hope everyone has had a lovely Easter!

No new posts 03-04-2013 12:42 gatchamarie is offline Send an Email to gatchamarie Search for Posts by gatchamarie Add gatchamarie to your Buddy List
jublke
Forum Legend

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 24-10-2009

spacer

quote:
Originally posted by littlewolf
ps can we keep the trampoline? or is made by the same company that makes the mecha's?
cause it could be fun

We got a trampoline? Cool ...

Bounce2

No new posts 03-04-2013 13:38 jublke is offline Send an Email to jublke Homepage of jublke Search for Posts by jublke Add jublke to your Buddy List
Transmute Jun Transmute Jun is a Female
Queen of the Bird Missiles

I am a Swan.

40 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 04-04-2007

spacer

I'm still looking for the trampoline...

No new posts 03-04-2013 16:40 Transmute Jun is offline Send an Email to Transmute Jun Homepage of Transmute Jun Search for Posts by Transmute Jun Add Transmute Jun to your Buddy List
Gatchamaniac

0 fics uploaded

spacer

Keep in mind, folks, this is just the beginning of a story! More will come!

No new posts 03-04-2013 17:00 ElectricWhite is offline Send an Email to ElectricWhite Search for Posts by ElectricWhite Add ElectricWhite to your Buddy List
Forum God

I am an Owl.

0 fics uploaded

spacer

yer...but what about the trampoline????

No new posts 04-04-2013 13:35 littlewolf is offline Send an Email to littlewolf Search for Posts by littlewolf Add littlewolf to your Buddy List
Gatchamaniac

I am an Owl.

0 fics uploaded

spacer

Maybe the trampoline is still in use and we can not use it as yet.

Sofa Cloud sits back and waits for more to come.

No new posts 04-04-2013 14:03 clouddancer is offline Send an Email to clouddancer Search for Posts by clouddancer Add clouddancer to your Buddy List
Daniella T Daniella T is a Female
GatchaFreak

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 18-09-2011

spacer

The emails I exchanged with EW during the time when the site was down helped deal with the withdrawal symptoms, until I found you again at the temp base!

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by Daniella T on 04-04-2013 at 21:10.
No new posts 04-04-2013 21:09 Daniella T is offline Send an Email to Daniella T Search for Posts by Daniella T Add Daniella T to your Buddy List
Gatchamaniac

I am an Owl.

0 fics uploaded

spacer

Yes, the Temp base helped ... but it certainly is not here, which feels much more like home.

No new posts 04-04-2013 21:19 clouddancer is offline Send an Email to clouddancer Search for Posts by clouddancer Add clouddancer to your Buddy List
Springie Springie is a Female
Her Royal Fluffiness...Swan of Swans...

I am a Swan.

6 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 12-06-2006

spacer

LOL EW! I think we should bounce on the trampoline and knock them all out like "Angry Birds"! Jumping

There is no problem that cannot be solved with time, patience, and a judicious amount of high explosives.

No new posts 04-04-2013 21:50 Springie is offline Send an Email to Springie Homepage of Springie Search for Posts by Springie Add Springie to your Buddy List YIM Screenname: Springie MSN Screenname: Springie
Forum God

I am an Owl.

0 fics uploaded

spacer

squeal Animebasket
can it be like a training exercise?
or target practise?

No new posts 05-04-2013 09:28 littlewolf is offline Send an Email to littlewolf Search for Posts by littlewolf Add littlewolf to your Buddy List
Gatchamaniac

0 fics uploaded

spacer

Okay, here's the next installment!

==========

The signs were being changed to say things like, “Keep calm, Cep’s on it!” and, “Hang in there!” ElectricWhite urged her wheelchair on until she came to a small circle of people sitting on the ground, furiously tapping away at their laptops. They each wore a polo shirt, dress slacks, and the helmet and winged cape of a different member of the Science Ninja Team. They were the Gatchageeks, the IT team of Gatchamania.net.

Daniella T knelt beside one dressed as the Eagle, peering over his shoulder at his computer screen. “So, what does this mean, Gary?” she asked.

“It’s something only administration can handle.” the Gatchageek replied. He looked up to Daniella’s face to accentuate his point as he added, “Only Cep can help us now.”

“Hey, no sweat!” EW chimed in. But then she quickly added, “But I think we’d better focus on keeping the huddled masses from freaking out.”

“Shhh!” one of the lady Gatchageeks near EW hissed, “We don’t want one ofthem to get any ideas!” She then looked off to her left. EW followed her line of sight to a clump of purple several yards away – the entire Katse clan was sitting there, slump-shouldered and dejected-looking.

“So far we’ve been lucky.” the Gatchageek said to EW, “All they’ve done is sit there and sulk.”

“Sulk? Why?”

“I guess they’re upset that this mess wasn’t their idea.”

“We’ve got another problem!” a geek wearing the Swallow’s colors cried, “Gatchfanfic’s gone down!”

A gasp came from the nearest bystanders. “Did you hear that?” a woman shouted, “Somebody’s targeting the Gatchaman sites!”

“Aw hell.” EW groaned as a panicked murmur spread through the crowd.

“You see, brothers and sisters,” a voice that sounded very much like Billy Graham called from behind EW, “we have all sinned in the eyes of Cep!”

EW turned her chair to face the voice. She found a man who looked very much like Billy Graham did in the 1950's. In his right hand he clutched a scroll. Behind him stood six other people, all dressed like tent revival participants from that same era.

“Yes,” he continued, “we have displeased him!”

“Um, I don’t think –” EW said.

“Hey,” a Gatchageek dressed as the Owl cried, “the gatchfanfic site’s back up!”

“We must repent!” his voice took on a more fevered pitch, “We must show him how truly sorrowful we are by self-flatuating ourselves!”

“I’m pretty sure ‘self-flatuating’ isn’t an actual word –”

The Evangelist finally noticed EW. He stepped over to her, and, while still clutching the scroll in his right hand, placed his hands upon her head.

“Oh Mighty Cep!” the Evangelist called, “We are a sinful lot! But I ask you to take pity on us! Use this poor, crippled soul before you and use her to show us the tiniest bit of your power!”

“I’m not really comfortable –”

Meanwhile, his followers had raised their hands skyward. They swayed back and forth while muttering, “Preach it, brother!” and, “Amen!”

“Yes, take pity on this wretched heap of shame,”

“Hey now –”

“this hollow shell of humanity,”

“You’re pissing me off.”

“this mouth-breathing sack of pus,”

“THAT’S IT!”

“and make her walk again!” The Evangelist threw his hands into the air and stepped back. EW glared at him.

“It doesn’t work like that, bright boy.”

The Evangelist brought the scroll down on her head with a loud smack! “Cepless heathen!” he screamed. EW let out a cry that was more shock than pain. He raised the scroll above his head again and brought it down. This time, however, EW caught it and wrenched it from his hand.

“CUT IT OUT!” Nobody there had ever heard her yell so loudly or with such anger before. The Evangelist’s eyes filled with rage.

But then littlewolf popped up between the Evangelist and his followers as if she’d just used a trapdoor in the walkway. She did a quick legsweep and knocked the feet out from under him.

EW had been so focused on the Evangelist that she didn’t notice anybody else approaching. But, before his behind was halfway to the ground, a small crowd had formed a defensive perimeter between her and the Evangelist’s group. Not only were there Gatchageeks, but Transmute Jun, Amethyst, KT1972, k2p2, ChrisW, and Springie also appeared.

“None of us like what we heard you saying to our friend, Friend.” Transmute Jun said as the Evangelist sputtered while pulling himself back up onto his feet.

“She should repent –”

“What?” KT1972 scoffed, “The Defender of the Faith?”

“There’s no way she could be –”

“Actually,” Gary the Gatchageek interceded, “Cep himself proclaimed ElectricWhite Defender of the Faith. If you want, I’ll show it to you, once the site’s back up and I have access to the archives.”

The color had drained from the Evangelist’s face. “I had no idea that was her .”

“How many wheelchairs have you seen tooling around here?!” Amethyst didn’t even try to conceal her annoyed tone.

There was an awkward moment of silence. EW had managed to regain her composure.

“Um, ma’am,” he called over the wall of Gatchamaniacs and Gatchageeks, “I hope you can find it in your heart to forgive me...”

“Well,” EW replied from behind the wall, “if you’re willing to help us keep the membership calm while Cep works...”

The Evangelist never knew how lucky he was – if his miracle had happened, she would have instantly sprung up from her wheelchair, put her fist through his skull, and stomped on him until he was nothing but a greasy stain on the concrete.

The puke-green jackalope commander tried not to roar in frustration as he watched a smashed trampoline, a shattered butterfly net, and a pile of broken Spectran soldiers being cleared away. The schooner-shaped cloud drifted calmly – if not smugly – above. And, most annoying of all, not a single bounce was produced by the trampoline.

The commander glared up at the cloud. “So help me –”

“Sir!” The commander gave a startled yelp as his eyes shot to four Blackbirds standing before him.

“Sorry, sir!” the Blackbird leader snapped a salute.

“It took you long enough.”

“Sorry, sir! Some of the Spectran leadership were having us try on new uniforms – they want us to wear a color darker than black, sir!”

The commander didn’t question this; he learned early in his career that those who asked questions didn’t last long.

“You see that?” he pointed at the cloud, “We believe the target is in there.”

“Right, sir!” the Blackbird leader cried. With that, all four leapt up and soared toward the cloud. Their speed increased as if they were nuclear warheads roaring toward their target. They were going to reach their goal at the exact same moment.

Gonnnnnnngggggg!

The noise reverberated throughout the courtyard as the Blackbirds spiraled back to Earth, their helmets a massive spiderweb of cracks.

“WHO THE HELL EVER HEARD OF AN IRONCLAD CLOUD?!?!?” the commander bellowed.

This post has been edited 2 time(s), it was last edited by ElectricWhite on 05-04-2013 at 19:54.
No new posts 05-04-2013 19:49 ElectricWhite is offline Send an Email to ElectricWhite Search for Posts by ElectricWhite Add ElectricWhite to your Buddy List
ChrisW ChrisW is a Female
Gatchamaniac

I am an Eagle.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 16-01-2012

spacer

Those who ask questions don't last long, indeed. Smile Plus, that way lies additional madness! (Can't say anyone who wears those outfits is entirely sane to begin with.)

No new posts 06-04-2013 01:22 ChrisW is offline Send an Email to ChrisW Search for Posts by ChrisW Add ChrisW to your Buddy List
jublke
Forum Legend

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 24-10-2009

spacer

Aw, and I was hoping to use that trampoline, too. ;-P

No new posts 06-04-2013 05:44 jublke is offline Send an Email to jublke Homepage of jublke Search for Posts by jublke Add jublke to your Buddy List
Daniella T Daniella T is a Female
GatchaFreak

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 18-09-2011

spacer

And this is the point where we start keeping our fingers crossed that the site doesn't go down again!

No new posts 06-04-2013 21:42 Daniella T is offline Send an Email to Daniella T Search for Posts by Daniella T Add Daniella T to your Buddy List
[1]  2  3  next »  --> Members browsing this thread: none Pages (3): [1]  2  3  next » 
Post New Thread Post Reply
Rate Thread: 

very bad very bad 

very good very good 

Go to: