Gatchamania.net
Register Memberlist Staff Search FAQ Arcade Calendar Gallery Filebase Forums Home  

Gatchamania.net »[Speak Up!] »General Discussion » The Prophecy of the Eagle and the Condor
Print Page | Recommend to Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page The Prophecy of the Eagle and the Condor
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
littlewolf littlewolf is a Female
Forum God

I am an Owl.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 10-04-2010

spacer
The Prophecy of the Eagle and the Condor Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator        IP Information Go to the top of this page

Came across a post on facebook and it made for an interesting read - also ties into some research I am doing and has now sent me off on another avenue ( cryptic yes, but as my muse is awol wolfapedia is not)

http://lightworkers.org/wisdom/julie-miller/172397/prophecy-eagle-and-condor

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VMtktjhrPww

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IKOruXybapo

The Eagle and the Condor is an ancient Amazon prophecy that speaks of human societies splitting into two paths – that of the Eagle, and that of the Condor. The path of the Condor is the path of heart, of intuition, and of the feminine. The path of the Eagle is the path of the mind, of the industrial, and of the masculine.

http://www.pachamama.org/blog/the-eagle-and-the-condor-prophecy

http://lightworkers.org/wisdom/julie-miller/172397/prophecy-eagle-and-condor

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by littlewolf on 02-01-2013 at 23:55.
No new posts 02-01-2013 23:25 littlewolf is offline Send an Email to littlewolf Search for Posts by littlewolf Add littlewolf to your Buddy List
clouddancer clouddancer is a Female
Gatchamaniac

I am an Owl.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 10-04-2007

spacer
Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator        IP Information Go to the top of this page

Very interesting information there LW.

Although I do tend to want to disagree with some of the characterizations you mentioned. Or at least switch some of them to reflect the Eagle and Condor I think of.

No new posts 03-01-2013 01:08 clouddancer is offline Send an Email to clouddancer Search for Posts by clouddancer Add clouddancer to your Buddy List
amethyst amethyst is a Female
Wanted: $1000 Reward

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 15-07-2009

spacer
Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator        IP Information Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by clouddancer
Very interesting information there LW.

Although I do tend to want to disagree with some of the characterizations you mentioned. Or at least switch some of them to reflect the Eagle and Condor I think of.

I agree. To flip flop the definitions would be more accurate, but still not quite true to either.

No new posts 03-01-2013 01:58 amethyst is offline Send an Email to amethyst Search for Posts by amethyst Add amethyst to your Buddy List
gatchgirl
Babbling Loonie

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 08-03-2006

spacer

I liked seeing the ones that would load for me, about three of them would not though.

Muses do come in many different forms Happy

Racer by day, Feather Thrower all the time!

No new posts 03-01-2013 02:07 gatchgirl is offline Send an Email to gatchgirl Search for Posts by gatchgirl Add gatchgirl to your Buddy List
Forum God

I am an Owl.

0 fics uploaded

spacer

Yes..... true about some of the descriptions,...but then I had to stop and re-think, our Eagle and Condor are only 30 odd years old, this prophecy has been around for several hundred yers.

were our Gatchaman Eagle and the condor based on the prophecy or is it just a coincidence?

Is spectra a representation of the damage we are doing to the planet?

If I has a paranoid personality I would say it was a global conspiracy and someone has been trying to warn us for year, using childrens cartoon and anime.

LW throws herself on the floor " why? why wasn't I listening?"

No new posts 03-01-2013 11:18 littlewolf is offline Send an Email to littlewolf Search for Posts by littlewolf Add littlewolf to your Buddy List
Lunulet
Honoured Member

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 07-06-2005

spacer

So cool! I now need fic based on this, even if the characterizations don't exactly match (fic can just focus on the "two different paths" part).

I also love that Condors are vultures, connected with death. I need people to write me a magical shapeshifter AU where they can turn into birds. (Okay, or I need to finish the one I started Tongue Tongue Tongue....I get SO frustrated with writing though!!)

No new posts 03-01-2013 12:16 Lunulet is offline Send an Email to Lunulet Homepage of Lunulet Search for Posts by Lunulet Add Lunulet to your Buddy List
Gatchamaniac

I am an Owl.

0 fics uploaded

spacer

Lunulet, I have always loved that idea of being able to shapeshift (or form shift) as well. So much so that in my AU Mark is actually able to.

His Rigan ESP Power not only allows him to talk to animals, but also to change/shift in to them. Not just an Eagle but any animal. Of course unconsciously he prefers the Eagle form over others. I just wish I could find the time (and the lost muse) to get all my stories written for people to read.

No new posts 03-01-2013 14:59 clouddancer is offline Send an Email to clouddancer Search for Posts by clouddancer Add clouddancer to your Buddy List
Transmute Jun Transmute Jun is a Female
Queen of the Bird Missiles

I am a Swan.

40 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 04-04-2007

spacer

Interesting find, LW! I agree that it doesn't quite match though... especially the 'feminine' part! Wink

No new posts 03-01-2013 16:26 Transmute Jun is offline Send an Email to Transmute Jun Homepage of Transmute Jun Search for Posts by Transmute Jun Add Transmute Jun to your Buddy List
Forum God

I am an Owl.

0 fics uploaded

spacer

Try using the word "Sensual" instead of feminine

No new posts 04-01-2013 01:00 littlewolf is offline Send an Email to littlewolf Search for Posts by littlewolf Add littlewolf to your Buddy List
ElectricWhite ElectricWhite is a Female
Gatchamaniac

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 29-12-2011

spacer

In other words, don't think of "feminine" as "effeminate".

Here's an example of what's usually meant when things like this refer to the masculine and feminine aspects:

Think about the main characters of the X-Files. Scully, with her highly analytical nature, represented the masculine aspect. Mulder, with his tendency to "follow his gut", no matter how outlandish the direction seemed to go, was more of the feminine aspect.

I know this example might seem a bit strange (the guy representing the feminine and the gal representing the masculine), but, if you think about it, we all know people who are more analytical or more instinctual regardless of their gender.

No new posts 05-01-2013 00:59 ElectricWhite is offline Send an Email to ElectricWhite Search for Posts by ElectricWhite Add ElectricWhite to your Buddy List
Gatchamaniac

I am an Owl.

0 fics uploaded

spacer

And that idea EW, is why I feel the Eagle is more "feminine" than the Condor. Although the Eagle is the tactician there were times, I felt, he based or made a decision on a gut feeling .... which is where I then based the theory that he had some other sense, which I then decided was an ESP, in my AU.

The Condor on the other hand tended to "react" to the situation at hand.

Edited to add:
Was thinking, is that tendency of the Condor to "react" what you are considering as the "feminine" aspect, EW?

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by clouddancer on 05-01-2013 at 01:46.
No new posts 05-01-2013 01:21 clouddancer is offline Send an Email to clouddancer Search for Posts by clouddancer Add clouddancer to your Buddy List
ElectricWhite ElectricWhite is a Female
Gatchamaniac

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 29-12-2011

spacer

quote:
Originally posted by clouddancer
Was thinking, is that tendency of the Condor to "react" what you are considering as the "feminine" aspect, EW?

I think that could be part of it.

No new posts 05-01-2013 02:03 ElectricWhite is offline Send an Email to ElectricWhite Search for Posts by ElectricWhite Add ElectricWhite to your Buddy List
amethyst amethyst is a Female
Wanted: $1000 Reward

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 15-07-2009

spacer

In English speaking worlds, we tend to thing of things as gender neutral unless they are a gendered species.

However, in many other places where all nouns have gender it may not be so uncommon to think like this. Otherwise why would a school be feminine noun but books and desks masculine.

No new posts 05-01-2013 03:16 amethyst is offline Send an Email to amethyst Search for Posts by amethyst Add amethyst to your Buddy List
ChrisW ChrisW is a Female
Gatchamaniac

I am an Eagle.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 16-01-2012

spacer

Ken/Mark definitely uses his intuition, but he's also very analytical, IMO. Joe/Jason tends to be more intuitive/gut-driven, but also can be analytical. I think it's a matter of which is the defining characteristic and which is the secondary?

Though I admit if I'm thinking "feminine" and "masculine" I do tend to think of Ken as more of the feminine, but not because he's girly in any way to me. It's more that he's got a more gentle, compassionate nature despite his occasional tendency to haul off and hit people, and outside of when he seriously loses his temper. Smile

No new posts 05-01-2013 04:57 ChrisW is offline Send an Email to ChrisW Search for Posts by ChrisW Add ChrisW to your Buddy List
Gatchamaniac

I am an Owl.

0 fics uploaded

spacer

quote:
Originally posted by ChrisWThough I admit if I'm thinking "feminine" and "masculine" I do tend to think of Ken as more of the feminine, but not because he's girly in any way to me. It's more that he's got a more gentle, compassionate nature despite his occasional tendency to haul off and hit people, and outside of when he seriously loses his temper. Smile

Very well said. That has been my perception as well Chris.

No new posts 05-01-2013 14:24 clouddancer is offline Send an Email to clouddancer Search for Posts by clouddancer Add clouddancer to your Buddy List
Members browsing this thread: none
Post New Thread Post Reply
Rate Thread: 

very bad very bad 

very good very good 

Go to: