Gatchamania.net
Register Memberlist Staff Search FAQ Arcade Calendar Gallery Filebase Forums Home  

Gatchamania.net »[Speak Up!] »General Discussion » The End Is Coming!
Print Page | Recommend to Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page The End Is Coming!
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
ElectricWhite ElectricWhite is a Female
Gatchamaniac

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 29-12-2011

spacer
The End Is Coming! Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator        IP Information Go to the top of this page

timeplease In case you've forgotten, the End of the World is scheduled for December 21. I've had this in mind for quite a while.

Anyway, I thought this would be a good time to share a little something from my past....this appeared in the October/November issue of The Magazine of Fantasy and Science Fiction.

December 22, 2012

This wasn't supposed to happen.

I had climbing roses tattooed
Down my spine
And I got so many piercings
My earlobes stretched
Halfway to my shoulders.

I helped one neighbor's Chihuahua
Get to another neighbor's Rottweiler
And I loaned my garage
To a death metal band.

But this wasn't supposed to happen.

The Mayans, Mother Shipton,
And a handful of web sites said
Yesterday's the Last Day,
The Final Curtain, the END.
Why shouldn't I have listened?

====================

Is everybody ready for the Apocalypse? Tongue

No new posts 05-12-2012 03:36 ElectricWhite is offline Send an Email to ElectricWhite Search for Posts by ElectricWhite Add ElectricWhite to your Buddy List
ChrisW ChrisW is a Female
Gatchamaniac

I am an Eagle.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 16-01-2012

spacer
Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator        IP Information Go to the top of this page

LOL

It's also my niece's birthday. Poor girl.

On one vacation I went to a Mayan ruins site and the guide said that the whole end of the world thing is a weird interpretation, given that the calendar ends because they just stopped calculating the calendar because it was so far out. If I remember correctly, anyway. Smile

What makes me nervous about this stuff is that there's always the chance some loonie will do something horrific.

No new posts 05-12-2012 04:12 ChrisW is offline Send an Email to ChrisW Search for Posts by ChrisW Add ChrisW to your Buddy List
Mad Katharine Mad Katharine is a Female
Exalted Member

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 11-04-2010

spacer
Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator        IP Information Go to the top of this page

I'm planning an apocalypse block party. If we're going out, we're going with barbecued tri-tip and a cooler of beer. Shades Biglaugh1

No new posts 05-12-2012 05:59 Mad Katharine is offline Send an Email to Mad Katharine Search for Posts by Mad Katharine Add Mad Katharine to your Buddy List
KT1972 KT1972 is a Female
Gatchamaniac

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 02-11-2011

spacer

Awww, well if we're not gonna make it to Christmas Day, does this mean I should save my money and not buy all those expensive gifts for the family?

No new posts 05-12-2012 09:20 KT1972 is offline Send an Email to KT1972 Search for Posts by KT1972 Add KT1972 to your Buddy List
clouddancer clouddancer is a Female
Gatchamaniac

I am an Owl.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 10-04-2007

spacer

KT, I would buy the gifts anyways. After all you can't use the money if you/we are dead. Why not "leave" with a good feeling in your heart knowing you bought extravagant gifts for everyone? Animerose

No new posts 05-12-2012 12:24 clouddancer is offline Send an Email to clouddancer Search for Posts by clouddancer Add clouddancer to your Buddy List
Transmute Jun Transmute Jun is a Female
Queen of the Bird Missiles

I am a Swan.

40 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 04-04-2007

spacer

I'm planning on going to Comic Con next year. The world had better not end!!!!! Wink

No new posts 05-12-2012 16:03 Transmute Jun is offline Send an Email to Transmute Jun Homepage of Transmute Jun Search for Posts by Transmute Jun Add Transmute Jun to your Buddy List
ElectricWhite ElectricWhite is a Female
Gatchamaniac

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 29-12-2011

spacer

It was almost 7 years ago when my oldest grand nephew first heard about this. He did the math and realized that the end would be happening two weeks before his 19th birthday. "What's the point of going to school and graduating?" he cried, "I'll have done it for nothing!"

He felt better, though, once I convinced him to look up the actual Maya philosophy -- the end of this calendar simply marks the end of a cycle, the sixth cycle. December 22 will be the beginning of a new cycle.

At any rate, whenever somebody tries to predict the exact day the world will end, I'm certain in my belief that the world won't end then. We just end up with a bunch of people who've made fools of themselves explaining why it didn't happen.

No new posts 05-12-2012 19:13 ElectricWhite is offline Send an Email to ElectricWhite Search for Posts by ElectricWhite Add ElectricWhite to your Buddy List
KT1972 KT1972 is a Female
Gatchamaniac

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 02-11-2011

spacer

LOL, there have been so many "predictions" of the Apocalypse that I tend to take them all with a large pinch of salt.

who knows, maybe one of them will eventually be right, but nobody will survive to hear them say "I told you so..." Death2

No new posts 05-12-2012 21:01 KT1972 is offline Send an Email to KT1972 Search for Posts by KT1972 Add KT1972 to your Buddy List
littlewolf littlewolf is a Female
Forum God

I am an Owl.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 10-04-2010

spacer

I choose to think it is the end of things as we know it.

I would like to think that after this year of major Karma and lama dramas that things will start to get better.

But , if it is the end of the world, maybe I will finally get some well deserved sleep.

( I like to think of myself as a good person, so I am aiming for purgatory, as I have had some very evil thoughts about a few people this year (family friends and strangers), alas more karma for my next life as I am not that assentian to forgive and forget the dumb assed things they have done to and against the people I class as family and pack)

:end minor rant

No new posts 05-12-2012 23:16 littlewolf is offline Send an Email to littlewolf Search for Posts by littlewolf Add littlewolf to your Buddy List
Tengu
Forum Legend

20 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 22-07-2001

spacer

I upset people by saying that it will end..in another reality...

...Or maybe we will not notice after all.

No new posts 06-12-2012 20:39 Tengu is offline Send an Email to Tengu Search for Posts by Tengu Add Tengu to your Buddy List
gatchamarie gatchamarie is a Female
Gatchamaniac

I am an Eagle.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 18-06-2009

spacer

quote:
Originally posted by littlewolf
(I like to think of myself as a good person, so I am aiming for purgatory, as I have had some very evil thoughts about a few people this year (family friends and strangers)

Tee hee ... you hooked me here, LW! I have that same thought in mind!

Whatever! As KT said, I'm taking this with a pinch of salt like the others! I must admit, though, that I might be a bit relieved on the morning of the 22nd! Mostly for my kids' sake, not for my own sake, honestly, because sometimes I'd really wish I could have that deserved rest from RL!

When this rumour was first fully blown, I used to watch documentaries and hear about it! That the calendar doesn't determine anything, I'm sure! What caught my attention were some famous Italian scientist's words who said that, during that period, there'd be a huge, solar, electric storm, which could effect the Earth by provoking what may be a three day, worldwild blackout! Yikes! What about all the Christmas lighting decorations?!!! Well ... jokes apart ... a three day, total blackout would surely cause serious problems, and I hope this doesn't happen!

EW ... great poem!

No new posts 08-12-2012 08:49 gatchamarie is offline Send an Email to gatchamarie Search for Posts by gatchamarie Add gatchamarie to your Buddy List
Members browsing this thread: none
Post New Thread Post Reply
Rate Thread: 

very bad very bad 

very good very good 

Go to: