Gatchamania.net
Register Memberlist Staff Search FAQ Arcade Calendar Gallery Filebase Forums Home  

Gatchamania.net »[Speak Up!] »General Discussion » Eagle/Swan Love
Print Page | Recommend to Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Pages (64): « first ...  « previous  14  15  [16]  17  18  next »  ... last »  Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page Eagle/Swan Love
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Transmute Jun Transmute Jun is a Female
Queen of the Bird Missiles

I am a Swan.

40 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 04-04-2007

spacer
Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator        IP Information Go to the top of this page

My Mom is British, although she had to give up her citizenship when she became a naturalized American, and my Dad is German (ditto for giving it up when he became a Canadian citizen). So I understand what you mean about growing up in a European household, while considering yourself Canadian!

Glad you like the puns though... you may regret that statement when you see the latest fic though... Bounce2

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by Transmute Jun on 03-08-2007 at 02:46.
No new posts 02-08-2007 22:28 Transmute Jun is offline Send an Email to Transmute Jun Homepage of Transmute Jun Search for Posts by Transmute Jun Add Transmute Jun to your Buddy List
clouddancer clouddancer is a Female
Gatchamaniac

I am an Owl.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 10-04-2007

spacer
Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator        IP Information Go to the top of this page

If it has puns I am sure I will not be sorry to read your story. biggrin2

It may take me a while to understand all the puns or even see them, but I know I will not regret it.

We are lucky in Canada we do not have to give up previous citizenship, but you may be aware of this, as a former Canadian.

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by clouddancer on 03-08-2007 at 02:25.
No new posts 03-08-2007 02:23 clouddancer is offline Send an Email to clouddancer Search for Posts by clouddancer Add clouddancer to your Buddy List

I am a Swan.

40 fics uploaded

spacer

Ah, not *former*... I'm a dual citizen. My Mom was (still is) an American citizen when she gave birth to me, although I was born in Toronto.

No new posts 03-08-2007 02:47 Transmute Jun is offline Send an Email to Transmute Jun Homepage of Transmute Jun Search for Posts by Transmute Jun Add Transmute Jun to your Buddy List
Ebonyswanne Ebonyswanne is a Female
Gatchamaniac

I am a Swan.

23 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 25-04-2007

spacer

I've known a lot of people in Australia who have duel citizenship with England/Australia....It's a good deal when you think about it.. Wink1

My married surname is German...his side of course...

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by Ebonyswanne on 03-08-2007 at 05:02.
No new posts 03-08-2007 04:44 Ebonyswanne is offline Send an Email to Ebonyswanne Search for Posts by Ebonyswanne Add Ebonyswanne to your Buddy List
amyltrer amyltrer is a Female
Gatchamaniac

I am an Egoblosser.

4 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 02-12-2006

spacer

TJ, I didn't know you have European heritage .

No new posts 03-08-2007 07:21 amyltrer is offline Send an Email to amyltrer Search for Posts by amyltrer Add amyltrer to your Buddy List YIM Screenname: amyltrer MSN Screenname: amyltrer@hotmail.com

I am a Swan.

40 fics uploaded

spacer

quote:
Originally posted by amyltrer
TJ, I didn't know you have European heritage .

Oh, yes, my parents were immigrants! My Dad came to Canada on an immigrant ship when he was 13, and my Mom came to the US to study at the State University of New York when she was about 20. Both of them have interesting family histories based in a few different European countries.

Funny thing is, my DH's family came from Switzerland, not too far from where my mother's relatives were originally from (this is all about four hundred years ago). Although DH's family came to the US before the War of Independence, so compared to him I'm a serious newcomer on this continent! Wink

*Technically* I have EU citizenship as well. My grandmother on my Mom's side was born in Ireland, so through a passport loophole (closed since 9/11) I was able to claim Irish citizenship as well. I've never actually been to Ireland, though.

No new posts 03-08-2007 13:47 Transmute Jun is offline Send an Email to Transmute Jun Homepage of Transmute Jun Search for Posts by Transmute Jun Add Transmute Jun to your Buddy List
CricketBeautiful
Forum God

I am a Zark.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 04-04-2004

spacer

Yep, Canada doesn't really care who else claims you, or which other countries you claim. Although if you are a member of Nasty, and Nasty wants you to do something you don't want to, Canada can't give you the help it can give those without dual citizenship. Not sure what happens if you want to give up Nasty citizenship and they won't let you. At least, that's how it was back when I had to learn it.

All my grandparents were born in Canada, and their ancestors were all from the UK. Wales and Ireland that I know of.

Hubby's parents grew up in Romania, 50 miles apart (a huge distance given the lack of vehicles), and met at a wedding in Toronto. I took his name. Went from being a common British name in Ottawa (friends could never find my number) to being a German name in Guelph (never more than three in the phonebook).

I like having the German name. It weeds out the telemarketers. If they stumble on it, it's because they're racing through a long list. If they have already thought about it (even if they get it wrong), it's a teacher or storytelling question.

- Viktor E. Frankl

No new posts 03-08-2007 14:44 CricketBeautiful is offline Send an Email to CricketBeautiful Homepage of CricketBeautiful Search for Posts by CricketBeautiful Add CricketBeautiful to your Buddy List YIM Screenname: cricketbeautiful MSN Screenname: cricketbeautiful@hotmail.com

I am a Swan.

40 fics uploaded

spacer

LOL Crickett.... growing up, our my name was so unusual that we were the only ones in the entire Toronto phone book: probably the only ones in Southern Ontario! Now, my married name is somewhat unusual, but everyone in the area with that name is (distantly) related. As it turns out, the distant relations are minorly famous, so we'll often be associated with them.

I kind of like having an unusual name, yet one that isn't too difficult to pronounce/spell.

No new posts 03-08-2007 15:05 Transmute Jun is offline Send an Email to Transmute Jun Homepage of Transmute Jun Search for Posts by Transmute Jun Add Transmute Jun to your Buddy List
CricketBeautiful
Forum God

I am a Zark.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 04-04-2004

spacer

When we were looking for names for the kids, I declared they would be in the top 100, but not top 10. They don't get strange looks or have to spell it all the time (as opposed to their last name, where folks automatically spell it as it sounds in English, then leave out the silent letter when we spell it out for them), but not like Mike or Jennifer.

Except I must have been using an older list, because Rocket's name was on a famous TV show we rarely watched, and most of her classes have had two. Crackers shares his name with a classmate about half the time.

- Viktor E. Frankl

No new posts 03-08-2007 17:42 CricketBeautiful is offline Send an Email to CricketBeautiful Homepage of CricketBeautiful Search for Posts by CricketBeautiful Add CricketBeautiful to your Buddy List YIM Screenname: cricketbeautiful MSN Screenname: cricketbeautiful@hotmail.com
Springie Springie is a Female
Her Royal Fluffiness...Swan of Swans...

I am a Swan.

6 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 12-06-2006

spacer

here's our favorite threesome...LOL Animeflower

There is no problem that cannot be solved with time, patience, and a judicious amount of high explosives.

No new posts 04-08-2007 16:32 Springie is offline Send an Email to Springie Homepage of Springie Search for Posts by Springie Add Springie to your Buddy List YIM Screenname: Springie MSN Screenname: Springie
Gatchamaniac

I am an Egoblosser.

4 fics uploaded

spacer

So, now she must decide on one of them?
Drunk

No new posts 04-08-2007 18:54 amyltrer is offline Send an Email to amyltrer Search for Posts by amyltrer Add amyltrer to your Buddy List YIM Screenname: amyltrer MSN Screenname: amyltrer@hotmail.com
clouddancer clouddancer is a Female
Gatchamaniac

I am an Owl.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 10-04-2007

spacer

I really love that one Springie!

The glue that holds our birds together.

As for making a decision. Why? Maybe they have a relationship where she could have both or, dare I say, a three some.

No new posts 04-08-2007 19:37 clouddancer is offline Send an Email to clouddancer Search for Posts by clouddancer Add clouddancer to your Buddy List

I am a Swan.

40 fics uploaded

spacer

Yes, when I hear the term 'threesome' it definitely brings up certain images.... Wink

Great picture, Springie!

No new posts 04-08-2007 20:48 Transmute Jun is offline Send an Email to Transmute Jun Homepage of Transmute Jun Search for Posts by Transmute Jun Add Transmute Jun to your Buddy List
Gatchamaniac

I am an Egoblosser.

4 fics uploaded

spacer

Oh, no, TJ has corrupted me into drawing smuties.
Amy, what have you done....

CLICKY! (A bit mature)

No new posts 04-08-2007 21:52 amyltrer is offline Send an Email to amyltrer Search for Posts by amyltrer Add amyltrer to your Buddy List YIM Screenname: amyltrer MSN Screenname: amyltrer@hotmail.com

I am a Swan.

6 fics uploaded

spacer

Go Amy! They look like they are really into each other in that pic!! woohoo

There is no problem that cannot be solved with time, patience, and a judicious amount of high explosives.

No new posts 04-08-2007 22:13 Springie is offline Send an Email to Springie Homepage of Springie Search for Posts by Springie Add Springie to your Buddy List YIM Screenname: Springie MSN Screenname: Springie

I am a Swan.

40 fics uploaded

spacer

Very nice, AMy! In this one, I can see how Baby Ego was conceived!!!! Wink

No new posts 04-08-2007 22:42 Transmute Jun is offline Send an Email to Transmute Jun Homepage of Transmute Jun Search for Posts by Transmute Jun Add Transmute Jun to your Buddy List
Gatchamaniac

I am an Egoblosser.

4 fics uploaded

spacer

Nooo, TJ, stop giving me ideas.....or else the smut willl take over apple

No new posts 05-08-2007 11:11 amyltrer is offline Send an Email to amyltrer Search for Posts by amyltrer Add amyltrer to your Buddy List YIM Screenname: amyltrer MSN Screenname: amyltrer@hotmail.com

I am a Swan.

40 fics uploaded

spacer

Yes! The smut! It's taking over!!!!!!! Psycho

No new posts 05-08-2007 15:58 Transmute Jun is offline Send an Email to Transmute Jun Homepage of Transmute Jun Search for Posts by Transmute Jun Add Transmute Jun to your Buddy List

I am a Swan.

6 fics uploaded

spacer

Heehee...TJ's done it again...the smut virus is on the loose!

Here's Prin saying goodbye to Mark...I think...

No new posts 05-08-2007 22:45 Springie is offline Send an Email to Springie Homepage of Springie Search for Posts by Springie Add Springie to your Buddy List YIM Screenname: Springie MSN Screenname: Springie

I am a Swan.

40 fics uploaded

spacer

Goodbye? It looks more like *hello*.... Biggrins

No new posts 06-08-2007 00:20 Transmute Jun is offline Send an Email to Transmute Jun Homepage of Transmute Jun Search for Posts by Transmute Jun Add Transmute Jun to your Buddy List
« first ...  « previous  14  15  [16]  17  18  next »  ... last »  --> Members browsing this thread: none Pages (64): « first ...  « previous  14  15  [16]  17  18  next »  ... last » 
Post New Thread Post Reply
Rate Thread: 

very bad very bad 

very good very good 

Go to: