Gatchamania.net
Register Memberlist Staff Search FAQ Arcade Calendar Gallery Filebase Forums Home  

Gatchamania.net »[Speak Up!] »General Discussion » Van Allen Belts
Print Page | Recommend to Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page Van Allen Belts
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
UnpublishedWriter UnpublishedWriter is a Female
Gatchamaniac

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 31-08-2009

spacer
Van Allen Belts Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator        IP Information Go to the top of this page

Now NASA is going there!

http://science.nasa.gov/science-news/sci...012/30aug_rbsp/

No new posts 03-09-2012 16:20 UnpublishedWriter is offline Send an Email to UnpublishedWriter Search for Posts by UnpublishedWriter Add UnpublishedWriter to your Buddy List
jublke
Forum Legend

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 24-10-2009

spacer
Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator        IP Information Go to the top of this page

Thanks for sharing, UW. Maybe Ken's father will turn up again?

No new posts 04-09-2012 04:37 jublke is offline Send an Email to jublke Homepage of jublke Search for Posts by jublke Add jublke to your Buddy List
Victoria Victoria is a Female
Exalted Member

I am a Berg Katse.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 07-10-2011

spacer
Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator        IP Information Go to the top of this page

Lol I laughed (and I'm not ashamed)

My fanart is here

No new posts 04-09-2012 16:28 Victoria is offline Send an Email to Victoria Homepage of Victoria Search for Posts by Victoria Add Victoria to your Buddy List
gatchamarie gatchamarie is a Female
Gatchamaniac

I am an Eagle.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 18-06-2009

spacer

Thanks for sharing this info, UW!

No new posts 04-09-2012 17:00 gatchamarie is offline Send an Email to gatchamarie Search for Posts by gatchamarie Add gatchamarie to your Buddy List
Daniella T Daniella T is a Female
GatchaFreak

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 18-09-2011

spacer

See? See? There WAS some scientific basis to what BoTP was all about! Elfgrin1

No new posts 05-09-2012 09:24 Daniella T is offline Send an Email to Daniella T Search for Posts by Daniella T Add Daniella T to your Buddy List
RIgirl RIgirl is a Female
Babbling Loonie

I am a Red Squadron.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 12-04-2010

spacer

quote:
Originally posted by jublke
Thanks for sharing, UW. Maybe Ken's father will turn up again?

pound Well, you know, it's hard to keep a good man down! And he does seem to be the proverbial bad penny ... *snerk*

And I agree, Daniella! They may have been wildy off at times, but it's nice to see that they got some things right!

No new posts 05-09-2012 19:20 RIgirl is offline Send an Email to RIgirl Search for Posts by RIgirl Add RIgirl to your Buddy List
ElectricWhite ElectricWhite is a Female
Gatchamaniac

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 29-12-2011

spacer

quote:
Originally posted by RIgirl
They may have been wildy off at times, but it's nice to see that they got some things right!

(Letting out a small groan, hating to admit this...) In all fairness, some of the science may be off by today's standards, but at the time, that was the current thought. For instance, my great-nephews were blown away when I told them that, when I was in grade school, the common belief was that the moon was a captured asteroid. Ordinary folks would have thought that the current belief -- that a rogue planet hit the earth in the early days of the solar system -- was waaaaay out there!

No new posts 06-09-2012 17:03 ElectricWhite is offline Send an Email to ElectricWhite Search for Posts by ElectricWhite Add ElectricWhite to your Buddy List
RIgirl RIgirl is a Female
Babbling Loonie

I am a Red Squadron.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 12-04-2010

spacer

You're absolutely right, EW ... we don't know what we don't know.

That's probably why science is so fascinating ... at least, to me ... it's constantly changing and challenging us and forces us to sometimes look at things in ways we never thought to look at them before.

And, of course, now Pluto isn't even considered a planet anymore!

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by RIgirl on 06-09-2012 at 20:55.
No new posts 06-09-2012 20:54 RIgirl is offline Send an Email to RIgirl Search for Posts by RIgirl Add RIgirl to your Buddy List
Members browsing this thread: none
Post New Thread Post Reply
Rate Thread: 

very bad very bad 

very good very good 

Go to: