Gatchamania.net
Register Memberlist Staff Search FAQ Arcade Calendar Gallery Filebase Forums Home  

Gatchamania.net »[Speak Up!] »General Discussion » What would your super powers be?
Print Page | Recommend to Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page What would your super powers be?
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
littlewolf littlewolf is a Female
Forum God

I am an Owl.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 10-04-2010

spacer
What would your super powers be? Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator        IP Information Go to the top of this page

Some harmless comments take a life off their own.

While watching Bollywood dancers, I commented it would be nice if I had the powers to mimic (love to dance, but have challenged rhythm and two left feet)

A sub-power would be to be able to fly and have the strength to carry objects eg my family to safety if needed.

So I did some asking of people at works and friends,
most people wanted to time travel (excluding the debate of how not to change time lines or interfere with the present while traveling back and forth...it turned into a very intellectual debate)

Anyhow one interesting comment came up about time travel powers was the ability to travel to "Soapy world" eg Bold and Beautiful, Neighbours etc to meet our favourite actors and live the story lines..

Can you imagine living in the world of Gatchaman or BOTP (yes there is a story or two that my muse is playing with..

Anyway I'm waffling

What is your super power?
and what is the story behind it?
How would it fit into The Birds world?

No new posts 22-06-2012 12:21 littlewolf is offline Send an Email to littlewolf Search for Posts by littlewolf Add littlewolf to your Buddy List
ElectricWhite ElectricWhite is a Female
Gatchamaniac

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 29-12-2011

spacer
RE: What would your super powers be? Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator        IP Information Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by littlewolf

While watching Bollywood dancers, I commented it would be nice if I had the powers to mimic (love to dance, but have challenged rhythm and two left feet)

Um, LW, don't all canines have two left feet? Dog
So I couldn't resist! It wouldn't be the first time my slippers have been destroyed.

While it would be fairly easy for me to give a smart-aleck answer right away, I'll give it some serious thought and (hopefully) come up with a more sincere answer. This question seems simple, but there are all sorts of ramifications hidden just under the surface.

No new posts 22-06-2012 17:29 ElectricWhite is offline Send an Email to ElectricWhite Search for Posts by ElectricWhite Add ElectricWhite to your Buddy List
green green is a Female
Gatchamaniac

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 15-11-2009

spacer
Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator        IP Information Go to the top of this page

This is going to sound silly, but it's actually rather serious, because I have thought about this a fair bit...

I would love the power to click my fingers and for housework to be done...

I've been struggling with some long term health issues that have seen me unable to complete a full week at work... and then I come home to face the house.... You can just imagine that, after several months of this, I really need to find the energy to do a proper springclean at some stage!

Notice I said 'for housework to be done' and not 'my housework'. I'm sure I'm not the only one in this situation (or worse - trust me, this is nothing but a mild inconvenience compared to what some are going through), and if I could somehow make it easier for others, it would be awesome.

*sigh* You know childhood is long behind you when the first thing you think of when asked this question is 'I want to be a housework fairy!' pound

No new posts 22-06-2012 19:33 green is offline Send an Email to green Search for Posts by green Add green to your Buddy List
Becky Rock Becky Rock is a Female
Gatchamaniac

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 16-04-2009

spacer
Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator        IP Information Go to the top of this page

Kind of like 'Bewitched'?

I used to be a big fan of the Legion of Superheroes and wanted to have superspeed when I was a kid. Kind of a Girl Flash.

Now, I'd say telekinesis. I'd love to be able to get that car going 15 mph below the speed limit out of my way!

As to The Birds - I'd be able to keep them away.

No new posts 22-06-2012 20:27 Becky Rock is offline Send an Email to Becky Rock Search for Posts by Becky Rock Add Becky Rock to your Buddy List
RIgirl RIgirl is a Female
Babbling Loonie

I am a Red Squadron.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 12-04-2010

spacer

I'd love to be able to instantly blend in to whatever crowd, country, etc., and never be noticed as a stranger or not belonging there. Not invisible, mind you, just not noticeable (and yes, there is a difference, if you think about it).

Of course, there have been many times when I've been sitting (in the first seat in the first row) directly in front of teachers who would have otherwise marked me absent until at least three fellow classmates pointed me out, so perhaps I have that power already and just don't know it!

I could easily help the team by seamlessly blending in with whatever society/culture was being invaded, be able to speak the language, know all the customs, and so I could easily find and rout out Gallactor/Spectra (or, at least, point them out to our heros and say, "There they are! Go get 'em!")

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by RIgirl on 22-06-2012 at 21:28.
No new posts 22-06-2012 21:26 RIgirl is offline Send an Email to RIgirl Search for Posts by RIgirl Add RIgirl to your Buddy List
KT1972 KT1972 is a Female
Gatchamaniac

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 02-11-2011

spacer

I've always wanted eyes in the back of my head, as most parents could understand, but that's not exactly a super power, so how about the ability to produce detatchable spare eyes that you could plant on people to be able to see where they are?

If you could get one attatched to Katse, you would find his base in no time.

No new posts 22-06-2012 21:52 KT1972 is offline Send an Email to KT1972 Search for Posts by KT1972 Add KT1972 to your Buddy List
ChrisW ChrisW is a Female
Gatchamaniac

I am an Eagle.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 16-01-2012

spacer

I'd like to be able to change into any creature, regardless of mass, etc. I could help the team by being able to sneak in anywhere and spy/overhear things or relay information.

No new posts 22-06-2012 21:58 ChrisW is offline Send an Email to ChrisW Search for Posts by ChrisW Add ChrisW to your Buddy List
clouddancer clouddancer is a Female
Gatchamaniac

I am an Owl.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 10-04-2007

spacer

ESP has always interested me, which is why I have included it in my AU. So I would love to have one or multiple ESP powers. I could not tell you which ones exactly as on an almost daily basis I wish to have one or another.

No new posts 22-06-2012 22:11 clouddancer is offline Send an Email to clouddancer Search for Posts by clouddancer Add clouddancer to your Buddy List
jublke
Forum Legend

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 24-10-2009

spacer

Teleportation and the ability to briefly freeze time. I could zip on out to the farthest reaches of the galaxy and let the Team know where they were needed before anyone even realized that I was gone. And I could visit my family quickly and easily without long road trips or TSA security checks at the airport.

No new posts 23-06-2012 02:59 jublke is offline Send an Email to jublke Homepage of jublke Search for Posts by jublke Add jublke to your Buddy List
Gatchamaniac

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

spacer

Or catch your kids doing something wrong before it gets out of hand.

No new posts 23-06-2012 17:32 Becky Rock is offline Send an Email to Becky Rock Search for Posts by Becky Rock Add Becky Rock to your Buddy List
amethyst amethyst is a Female
Wanted: $1000 Reward

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 15-07-2009

spacer

Along the same lines as time travel, but not travel . . . the ability to slow down, freeze, or even speed up time, but not yourself. For those days when you've got much to do and not enough time to do it, or even on those days when waiting is just excruciating.

No new posts 23-06-2012 17:35 amethyst is offline Send an Email to amethyst Search for Posts by amethyst Add amethyst to your Buddy List
Gatchamaniac

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

spacer

So you could give yourself 30 hour days or 18, depending on your mood or need.

No new posts 23-06-2012 18:46 Becky Rock is offline Send an Email to Becky Rock Search for Posts by Becky Rock Add Becky Rock to your Buddy List
amethyst amethyst is a Female
Wanted: $1000 Reward

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 15-07-2009

spacer

quote:
Originally posted by Becky Rock
So you could give yourself 30 hour days or 18, depending on your mood or need.

Exactly!

No new posts 23-06-2012 19:02 amethyst is offline Send an Email to amethyst Search for Posts by amethyst Add amethyst to your Buddy List
RIgirl RIgirl is a Female
Babbling Loonie

I am a Red Squadron.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 12-04-2010

spacer

quote:
Originally posted by clouddancer
ESP has always interested me, which is why I have included it in my AU. So I would love to have one or multiple ESP powers. I could not tell you which ones exactly as on an almost daily basis I wish to have one or another.

That's a good one, CD ... ESP has been an interest of mine, too ... but I think at some point, it could end up being a case of too much information!

(*snerk* and I don't think I'd really want to know if Katse was trying to decide between the Peach Blush lipstick or the Cherry Fizz while he was taking over the world ...!)

No new posts 23-06-2012 23:42 RIgirl is offline Send an Email to RIgirl Search for Posts by RIgirl Add RIgirl to your Buddy List
ChrisW ChrisW is a Female
Gatchamaniac

I am an Eagle.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 16-01-2012

spacer

quote:
Originally posted by RIgirl
(*snerk* and I don't think I'd really want to know if Katse was trying to decide between the Peach Blush lipstick or the Cherry Fizz while he was taking over the world ...!)

Imagine the havoc you could wreak if you bought up the entire supply of both so (s)he couldn't have either. *grin*

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by ChrisW on 23-06-2012 at 23:46.
No new posts 23-06-2012 23:46 ChrisW is offline Send an Email to ChrisW Search for Posts by ChrisW Add ChrisW to your Buddy List
Gatchamaniac

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

spacer

That's a good one, RIGirl.

No new posts 24-06-2012 01:47 Becky Rock is offline Send an Email to Becky Rock Search for Posts by Becky Rock Add Becky Rock to your Buddy List
Springie Springie is a Female
Her Royal Fluffiness...Swan of Swans...

I am a Swan.

6 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 12-06-2006

spacer

LOL, RIgirl! You mean you don't wonder what Katse's signature color is?

I'm with you, CD...something telepathic would be nice. I'd love to be able to see into the future to help the team avoid any pitfalls during a battle.

There is no problem that cannot be solved with time, patience, and a judicious amount of high explosives.

No new posts 24-06-2012 06:14 Springie is offline Send an Email to Springie Homepage of Springie Search for Posts by Springie Add Springie to your Buddy List YIM Screenname: Springie MSN Screenname: Springie
clouddancer clouddancer is a Female
Gatchamaniac

I am an Owl.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 10-04-2007

spacer

quote:
Originally posted by SpringieI'm with you, CD...something telepathic would be nice. I'd love to be able to see into the future to help the team avoid any pitfalls during a battle.

What you are describing would be Precognition or Clairvoyance not Telepathy, Springie ... but I do understand how easy it is to get them confused, if you have not researched the terms to include them in stories.

I agree it would be nice to see into the future. It certainly would have saved me a lot of stress over hunting for jobs and interviews this year if I had been able to.

No new posts 24-06-2012 12:32 clouddancer is offline Send an Email to clouddancer Search for Posts by clouddancer Add clouddancer to your Buddy List
Transmute Jun Transmute Jun is a Female
Queen of the Bird Missiles

I am a Swan.

40 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 04-04-2007

spacer

quote:
Originally posted by amethyst
Along the same lines as time travel, but not travel . . . the ability to slow down, freeze, or even speed up time, but not yourself. For those days when you've got much to do and not enough time to do it, or even on those days when waiting is just excruciating.

That's exactly what I was thinking, Amethyst! Never enough hours in the day... or you know, I'd substitute it for eliminating the need to sleep. That would work too.

Teleportation and telekinesis are ones I have wanted many times.

No new posts 26-06-2012 21:04 Transmute Jun is offline Send an Email to Transmute Jun Homepage of Transmute Jun Search for Posts by Transmute Jun Add Transmute Jun to your Buddy List
Members browsing this thread: none
Post New Thread Post Reply
Rate Thread: 

very bad very bad 

very good very good 

Go to: