Gatchamania.net
Register Memberlist Staff Search FAQ Arcade Calendar Gallery Filebase Forums Home  

Gatchamania.net »[Speak Up!] »General Discussion » Updates
Print Page | Recommend to Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page Updates
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
ElectricWhite ElectricWhite is a Female
Gatchamaniac

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 29-12-2011

spacer
Updates Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator        IP Information Go to the top of this page

Well, quite a bit has happened since I brought you all news of different events, so I thought I'd take a moment to get you caught up.

Henryville High School

The students finished out this school year at a facility about 10 miles away. The new school building is expected to be finished in time for classes to start this fall.

The Serial Killer

Instead of waiting for more bodies to turn up, the county prosecutor has decided to charge that guy with three counts of murder, seeking the death penalty for two of those counts.

Now, I know that some of you might have strong feelings concerning the death penalty. I'm not going to share my opinion on this. But I do want to let you know how it is in Indiana, since each state that has the death penalty has a differing attitude and set of rules.

If this guy had simply murdered the women, the prosecutor would have gone for a life sentence per charge. But the women whose remains have been found were sexually assaulted and mutilated before they were killed. (The specifics weren't released to the general public -- it was agreed the details were far too gruesome....and, given the current state of the media, that's saying something!) So the prosecutor believed the death penalty is justified in this case. (I'm sure the fact that the creep has a tattoo commemorating the date he killed a woman 10 years ago helped!)

My Dad

This afternoon I signed the paperwork for having my dad buried at sea near Hawaii. His remains will be shipped to Honolulu Tuesday.

This is better than he hoped for -- he was certain that the best I could do was get a local VFW chapter to scatter his ashes off the coast of San Diego. He never dreamed he'd get a full military burial near Pearl Harbor. (I guess he figured that was reserved for those who were there when the place was attacked in 1941.) Anyway, it might be another 3 to 6 months before the actual ceremony, but I'll let you know when it's happened.

This post has been edited 3 time(s), it was last edited by ElectricWhite on 25-05-2012 at 23:16.
No new posts 25-05-2012 23:12 ElectricWhite is offline Send an Email to ElectricWhite Search for Posts by ElectricWhite Add ElectricWhite to your Buddy List
Springie Springie is a Female
Her Royal Fluffiness...Swan of Swans...

I am a Swan.

6 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 12-06-2006

spacer
Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator        IP Information Go to the top of this page

Wow! A lot has happened indeed! Hope the kids enjoy the new school...I'm sure it will be bigger and better- it's a shame they had to go through all of this!

All I want is for the serial killer to get what's coming to him. He should suffer for the horrific things he did!

So glad that your Dad will have the proper burial that he wanted. May he rest in peace.

There is no problem that cannot be solved with time, patience, and a judicious amount of high explosives.

No new posts 25-05-2012 23:19 Springie is offline Send an Email to Springie Homepage of Springie Search for Posts by Springie Add Springie to your Buddy List YIM Screenname: Springie MSN Screenname: Springie
KT1972 KT1972 is a Female
Gatchamaniac

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 02-11-2011

spacer
Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator        IP Information Go to the top of this page

sounds like everything is working out for the best!! Hope all goes well for your father's ceremony, EW!

No new posts 25-05-2012 23:35 KT1972 is offline Send an Email to KT1972 Search for Posts by KT1972 Add KT1972 to your Buddy List
ChrisW ChrisW is a Female
Gatchamaniac

I am an Eagle.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 16-01-2012

spacer

Aw, that's great that your dad is getting what he really wanted. Glad to hear it!

No new posts 26-05-2012 00:12 ChrisW is offline Send an Email to ChrisW Search for Posts by ChrisW Add ChrisW to your Buddy List
clouddancer clouddancer is a Female
Gatchamaniac

I am an Owl.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 10-04-2007

spacer

So glad to hear you father is getting what he wanted.

And that everything else is working out as well.

No new posts 26-05-2012 00:21 clouddancer is offline Send an Email to clouddancer Search for Posts by clouddancer Add clouddancer to your Buddy List
amethyst amethyst is a Female
Wanted: $1000 Reward

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 15-07-2009

spacer

EW, I'm glad to hear that your father is getting what he wanted as far as a final resting place.

As for the serial killer, there are some people whose crimes are so heinous, so beyond redemption, that they do not deserve life. That might not be a politically correct thing to say, but it is what I believe, but I also believe that it such a penalty should be used cautiously and only for the worst killers.

No new posts 26-05-2012 01:10 amethyst is offline Send an Email to amethyst Search for Posts by amethyst Add amethyst to your Buddy List
jublke
Forum Legend

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 24-10-2009

spacer

EW, that's great news about your dad's burial. Smile

No new posts 26-05-2012 03:02 jublke is offline Send an Email to jublke Homepage of jublke Search for Posts by jublke Add jublke to your Buddy List
green green is a Female
Gatchamaniac

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 15-11-2009

spacer

EW, while things aren't exactly looking 'up' for you, I am very glad they're looking better. You've gone through enough lately so it's time things started coming together!

No new posts 26-05-2012 03:06 green is offline Send an Email to green Search for Posts by green Add green to your Buddy List
Transmute Jun Transmute Jun is a Female
Queen of the Bird Missiles

I am a Swan.

40 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 04-04-2007

spacer

I'm so glad everything is working out as it should. It's things like this that give us faith and hope when things go wrong.

No new posts 26-05-2012 03:08 Transmute Jun is offline Send an Email to Transmute Jun Homepage of Transmute Jun Search for Posts by Transmute Jun Add Transmute Jun to your Buddy List
k2p2 k2p2 is a Female
Babbling Loonie

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 08-12-2011

spacer

Good news to hear about the fulfillment of your father's wishes and the kids being able to have their school back in the fall.

Sad to hear about the other mayhem...hopefully those poor victims families will have some closure to such a heinious act....

You have my thoughts.

No new posts 26-05-2012 11:55 k2p2 is offline Send an Email to k2p2 Search for Posts by k2p2 Add k2p2 to your Buddy List
Daniella T Daniella T is a Female
GatchaFreak

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 18-09-2011

spacer

EW, glad to hear things worked out for your dad's burial. So he fought in the war?

As for the serial killer issue, I don't even want to think about it, so I won't comment.

No new posts 26-05-2012 19:47 Daniella T is offline Send an Email to Daniella T Search for Posts by Daniella T Add Daniella T to your Buddy List
Gatchamaniac

0 fics uploaded

spacer

quote:
Originally posted by Daniella T
EW, glad to hear things worked out for your dad's burial. So he fought in the war?

When the US got involved in World War II, he was just 11 years old. But he served in Korea and Vietnam. And in between those two, he served as a driver to the US Special Envoy to the UN, and he participated in several atomic bomb tests. (He once told me that the most beautiful shades of green he'd ever seen were during an underwater test in the San Francisco Bay....I'm sure that memory will help anyone who lives in that area sleep tonight!)

No new posts 26-05-2012 20:04 ElectricWhite is offline Send an Email to ElectricWhite Search for Posts by ElectricWhite Add ElectricWhite to your Buddy List
Daniella T Daniella T is a Female
GatchaFreak

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 18-09-2011

spacer

That's very exciting! Where was he with the UN special envoy?

No new posts 26-05-2012 21:07 Daniella T is offline Send an Email to Daniella T Search for Posts by Daniella T Add Daniella T to your Buddy List
RIgirl RIgirl is a Female
Babbling Loonie

I am a Red Squadron.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 12-04-2010

spacer

Glad to hear that things are stabilizing a little bit for you, EW!

You're certainly been through quite a bit these past few weeks and, hopefully, things will calm down now. Hang in there!

No new posts 27-05-2012 01:47 RIgirl is offline Send an Email to RIgirl Search for Posts by RIgirl Add RIgirl to your Buddy List
Gatchamaniac

0 fics uploaded

spacer

quote:
Originally posted by Daniella T
That's very exciting! Where was he with the UN special envoy?

It was in New York City, but I can't get more specific than that. (Mom and Dad wouldn't tell me more than that, really. But I do know that, at one point, Dad had the option to transfer to Governor's Island or to Pearl Harbor, so he chose Pearl.)

No new posts 27-05-2012 05:58 ElectricWhite is offline Send an Email to ElectricWhite Search for Posts by ElectricWhite Add ElectricWhite to your Buddy List
Members browsing this thread: none
Post New Thread Post Reply
Rate Thread: 

very bad very bad 

very good very good 

Go to: