Gatchamania.net
Register Memberlist Staff Search FAQ Arcade Calendar Gallery Filebase Forums Home  

Gatchamania.net »[Speak Up!] »General Discussion » Any Takers?
Print Page | Recommend to Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page Any Takers?
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Springie Springie is a Female
Her Royal Fluffiness...Swan of Swans...

I am a Swan.

6 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 12-06-2006

spacer
Any Takers? Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator        IP Information Go to the top of this page

For those of you who know Katsesama, I received a message from her today and thought I'd pass it on. It's great news for all Gatch fans!

quote:
Hey Springie! I was contacted by someone who used to fansub Gatch II and F...I believe she's the one responsible for the first few eps of each series that are floating around. In any case, she's interested in re-doing the ones she's already done (but better) and finishing both series. (Awesome, huh?!) She needs a couple of people to help her, and I thought you might be able to think of people who could help her. First, she needs someone (or a couple someones) to help her proofread the scripts she has -- for typos, etc. in English. I would assume that she will need help with these things going forward as well. Second, she needs someone who speaks Japanese who can help her make sure her translations are accurate -- and to help her as she goes forward. Any ideas or suggestions for folks who might be able to help out?

Anyone interested? I figured the first request would be relatively easy to fill...but for the second request...does anyone here know Japanese?

There is no problem that cannot be solved with time, patience, and a judicious amount of high explosives.

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by Springie on 07-05-2012 at 03:12.
No new posts 07-05-2012 03:10 Springie is offline Send an Email to Springie Homepage of Springie Search for Posts by Springie Add Springie to your Buddy List YIM Screenname: Springie MSN Screenname: Springie
ChrisW ChrisW is a Female
Gatchamaniac

I am an Eagle.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 16-01-2012

spacer
Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator        IP Information Go to the top of this page

I'd be happy to share some of my professional editor anal-ness to proofread. Alas, I don't speak or read Japanese!

No new posts 07-05-2012 03:20 ChrisW is offline Send an Email to ChrisW Search for Posts by ChrisW Add ChrisW to your Buddy List
lborgia88 lborgia88 is a Female
Gatchamaniac

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 27-06-2007

spacer
Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator        IP Information Go to the top of this page

I too would be happy to look over English scripts.

I've a co-worker with a Japanese wife who I've met several times -and we've even chatted a bit about Gatch- but she's a pretty busy person. Still, she might be interested, or might know someone else who would be.

All the Gatch II and Gatch F episodes, pretty much, are on youtube, I think, with the Japanese dialogue (and Korean subs). I guess the real trick with a project like this, though, might be finding someone, Japanese-fluent, who can and will stick with it all the way to the end. It would have to be someone doing it for the love of Gatch, as there's no money in it. Still, it sounds like they'd only have to listen to all the episodes and check over someone else's translation, instead of doing it themself, and that would take less time.

Damn, I wish I knew Japanese...

This post has been edited 2 time(s), it was last edited by lborgia88 on 07-05-2012 at 04:06.
No new posts 07-05-2012 04:03 lborgia88 is offline Send an Email to lborgia88 Search for Posts by lborgia88 Add lborgia88 to your Buddy List YIM Screenname: lborgia88
Transmute Jun Transmute Jun is a Female
Queen of the Bird Missiles

I am a Swan.

40 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 04-04-2007

spacer

I'm interested in helping out with English proofreading. no Japanese, though. Frown

No new posts 07-05-2012 16:02 Transmute Jun is offline Send an Email to Transmute Jun Homepage of Transmute Jun Search for Posts by Transmute Jun Add Transmute Jun to your Buddy List

I am a Swan.

6 fics uploaded

spacer

Thanks so much! I'll let Katsesama know that you are interested. Is it okay to give your email addresses to her to pass on to the girl who is doing the fansubs?

There is no problem that cannot be solved with time, patience, and a judicious amount of high explosives.

No new posts 09-05-2012 00:28 Springie is offline Send an Email to Springie Homepage of Springie Search for Posts by Springie Add Springie to your Buddy List YIM Screenname: Springie MSN Screenname: Springie
ChrisW ChrisW is a Female
Gatchamaniac

I am an Eagle.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 16-01-2012

spacer

quote:
Originally posted by Springie
Thanks so much! I'll let Katsesama know that you are interested. Is it okay to give your email addresses to her to pass on to the girl who is doing the fansubs?

Sure thing! (for me anyway)

No new posts 09-05-2012 00:40 ChrisW is offline Send an Email to ChrisW Search for Posts by ChrisW Add ChrisW to your Buddy List
katsesama
Exalted Member

I am a Berg Katse.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 17-12-2007

spacer

Thanks to everybody who's willing to help out, and thanks again to Springie for posting the original message!

Maybe the trick with the Japanese thing is to find someone who'd help out with even a few episodes, rather than asking someone to commit to translating/doublechecking 100 episodes worth of material (as I mentioned, my source, P, is going to do GII first, but she'd like to do Fighter too, eventually). That would be a lot to ask of anyone.

But if we asked someone to even do a few episodes -- as many as they might be interested in doing -- you never know, they might decide they enjoy doing it, or be willing to pass on someone else's name when they're done with helping.

I'm in the process of ripping my GII discs to region-free files (I have the original Japanese DVD set) to send to P. I'm hoping to get them done for her over the next week or so.

If anyone knows of someone who has the Fighter set and could do the same thing, that would be helpful, too. P said she's not worrying about getting the raw source material for Fighter right now, but at some point that will probably be an issue.

Using psychology in your fanfic? WritersGuidetoPsychology.com

No new posts 10-05-2012 03:09 katsesama is offline Send an Email to katsesama Search for Posts by katsesama Add katsesama to your Buddy List
Gatchamaniac

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

spacer

quote:
Originally posted by katsesama
Maybe the trick with the Japanese thing is to find someone who'd help out with even a few episodes, rather than asking someone to commit to translating/doublechecking 100 episodes worth of material (as I mentioned, my source, P, is going to do GII first, but she'd like to do Fighter too, eventually). That would be a lot to ask of anyone.

Good point. I've emailed my co-worker's Japanese wife, and I'll also let her know that anyone she might know who'd want to help, even with a few episodes (at least initially ;-) ), would be welcome. She herself is a very busy medical researcher at the Cincinnati Children's hospital, but maybe she'd even have time for a few herself...

No new posts 10-05-2012 05:21 lborgia88 is offline Send an Email to lborgia88 Search for Posts by lborgia88 Add lborgia88 to your Buddy List YIM Screenname: lborgia88

I am a Swan.

6 fics uploaded

spacer

Katsesama- I just had a thought...what about Kena?

No new posts 10-05-2012 10:35 Springie is offline Send an Email to Springie Homepage of Springie Search for Posts by Springie Add Springie to your Buddy List YIM Screenname: Springie MSN Screenname: Springie

I am a Swan.

40 fics uploaded

spacer

Kena is from Taiwan. She speaks Chinese, not Japanese. Wink

No new posts 10-05-2012 13:20 Transmute Jun is offline Send an Email to Transmute Jun Homepage of Transmute Jun Search for Posts by Transmute Jun Add Transmute Jun to your Buddy List

I am a Swan.

6 fics uploaded

spacer

I thought she might know/speak Japanese, too...

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by Springie on 10-05-2012 at 19:32.
No new posts 10-05-2012 19:32 Springie is offline Send an Email to Springie Homepage of Springie Search for Posts by Springie Add Springie to your Buddy List YIM Screenname: Springie MSN Screenname: Springie
Gatchamaniac

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

spacer

quote:
Originally posted by lborgia88
quote:
Originally posted by katsesama

Good point. I've emailed my co-worker's Japanese wife, and I'll also let her know that anyone she might know who'd want to help, even with a few episodes (at least initially ;-) ), would be welcome. She herself is a very busy medical researcher at the Cincinnati Children's hospital, but maybe she'd even have time for a few herself...

From what my co-worker told me today, it sounds like his wife herself is interested in helping out -will supply details as to what extent this might mean, as soon as I have them...

No new posts 11-05-2012 04:53 lborgia88 is offline Send an Email to lborgia88 Search for Posts by lborgia88 Add lborgia88 to your Buddy List YIM Screenname: lborgia88

I am a Swan.

40 fics uploaded

spacer

Whoo hoo!

No new posts 11-05-2012 14:06 Transmute Jun is offline Send an Email to Transmute Jun Homepage of Transmute Jun Search for Posts by Transmute Jun Add Transmute Jun to your Buddy List

I am a Swan.

6 fics uploaded

spacer

Great news!!

No new posts 12-05-2012 01:21 Springie is offline Send an Email to Springie Homepage of Springie Search for Posts by Springie Add Springie to your Buddy List YIM Screenname: Springie MSN Screenname: Springie
Reboekah
Master Boardie

I am an Eagle.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 12-03-2005

spacer

Katsesama -

See my PM to you...

Good to see you back!

No new posts 12-05-2012 13:24 Reboekah is offline Send an Email to Reboekah Homepage of Reboekah Search for Posts by Reboekah Add Reboekah to your Buddy List
Tengu
Forum Legend

20 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 22-07-2001

spacer

Who hoo, who says Gatch is dead?

No new posts 12-05-2012 16:54 Tengu is offline Send an Email to Tengu Search for Posts by Tengu Add Tengu to your Buddy List
Members browsing this thread: none
Post New Thread Post Reply
Rate Thread: 

very bad very bad 

very good very good 

Go to: