Gatchamania.net
Register Memberlist Staff Search FAQ Arcade Calendar Gallery Filebase Forums Home  

Gatchamania.net »[Speak Up!] »General Discussion » Thyroid update
Print Page | Recommend to Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Pages (2): [1]  2  next »  Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page Thyroid update
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
ElectricWhite ElectricWhite is a Female
Gatchamaniac

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 29-12-2011

spacer
Thyroid update Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator        IP Information Go to the top of this page

The biopsy went as scheduled this morning. Most of the time was spent in the prep; the actual procedure took just under 15 minutes. Three samples were taken, and the three spots in my neck where the needles were inserted are now covered by a single Band-Aid.

On the car ride home, I pulled down the sun visor to look in its mirror to see what exactly my neck looked like. There was the slightly bloodied Band-Aid Dr. Lohano used to cover the biopsy injuries; it was about to fall off because the assisting nurse went a little crazy with applying the antibiotic gel. But there was something I hadn't expected, something that made me gasp in horror:

I had Snooki Neck!!!!

The antiseptic that had been smeared on my neck at the beginning of the procedure hadn't come off when the aides wiped off the assorted liquids and gels. The skin had a nasty Jersey Shore, cheap spray-tan pallor! How long was that going to last?! Was I doomed to spend the rest of my life being confused for a reality-tv Guidette?

Thankfully, I was able to get that gunk off after a bit of careful washing. But, I tell you, that was one of the biggest scares I've ever had!
Jester2

Seriously, though, I'll let you all know what the results are as soon as I get them! Thanks again for all the support you've been giving me.

No new posts 16-03-2012 19:05 ElectricWhite is offline Send an Email to ElectricWhite Search for Posts by ElectricWhite Add ElectricWhite to your Buddy List
lborgia88 lborgia88 is a Female
Gatchamaniac

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 27-06-2007

spacer
Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator        IP Information Go to the top of this page

Laugh1 No, not Snooki! Nooo!!

Glad that it washed off. Still sending positive thoughts your way. Huggles

No new posts 16-03-2012 19:11 lborgia88 is offline Send an Email to lborgia88 Search for Posts by lborgia88 Add lborgia88 to your Buddy List YIM Screenname: lborgia88
KT1972 KT1972 is a Female
Gatchamaniac

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 02-11-2011

spacer
Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator        IP Information Go to the top of this page

Hoping everything goes your way EW!!Hug Hug Hug

No new posts 16-03-2012 19:16 KT1972 is offline Send an Email to KT1972 Search for Posts by KT1972 Add KT1972 to your Buddy List
ChrisW ChrisW is a Female
Gatchamaniac

I am an Eagle.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 16-01-2012

spacer

Man, as though the initial trauma wasn't enough! Here's hoping for good news. Smile

No new posts 16-03-2012 19:18 ChrisW is offline Send an Email to ChrisW Search for Posts by ChrisW Add ChrisW to your Buddy List
k2p2 k2p2 is a Female
Babbling Loonie

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 08-12-2011

spacer

Take care EW! Let us know how the results turn out...snooki neck...hee...

No new posts 16-03-2012 19:46 k2p2 is offline Send an Email to k2p2 Search for Posts by k2p2 Add k2p2 to your Buddy List
Becky Rock Becky Rock is a Female
Gatchamaniac

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 16-04-2009

spacer

I think the fake tan colored stuff is an antiseptic called betadine. I don't do Jersey Shore or Snookie, so I miss the refercne, but my fingers are crossed for you, EW.

No new posts 16-03-2012 23:46 Becky Rock is offline Send an Email to Becky Rock Search for Posts by Becky Rock Add Becky Rock to your Buddy List
Gatchamaniac

0 fics uploaded

spacer

quote:
Originally posted by Becky Rock
I think the fake tan colored stuff is an antiseptic called betadine. I don't do Jersey Shore or Snookie, so I miss the refercne, but my fingers are crossed for you, EW.

Honestly, I don't watch Jersey Shore myself, but it's impossible for me to avoid, thanks to a few relatives ...

No new posts 17-03-2012 01:58 ElectricWhite is offline Send an Email to ElectricWhite Search for Posts by ElectricWhite Add ElectricWhite to your Buddy List
Springie Springie is a Female
Her Royal Fluffiness...Swan of Swans...

I am a Swan.

6 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 12-06-2006

spacer

Hahaha...glad you got rid of the Snooki neck! Hope the results come back negative!

There is no problem that cannot be solved with time, patience, and a judicious amount of high explosives.

No new posts 17-03-2012 02:05 Springie is offline Send an Email to Springie Homepage of Springie Search for Posts by Springie Add Springie to your Buddy List YIM Screenname: Springie MSN Screenname: Springie
littlewolf littlewolf is a Female
Forum God

I am an Owl.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 10-04-2010

spacer

ha ha see the show a couple of times, it looked interesting
Would Snooki neck be worse than than looking like vampire hickies?

best of luck, tell us when you are ready!!!

No new posts 17-03-2012 10:40 littlewolf is offline Send an Email to littlewolf Search for Posts by littlewolf Add littlewolf to your Buddy List
Gatchamaniac

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

spacer

Sorry, may be a bit ignorant here, but what do you mean by Snooki neck?

No new posts 17-03-2012 11:02 KT1972 is offline Send an Email to KT1972 Search for Posts by KT1972 Add KT1972 to your Buddy List
green green is a Female
Gatchamaniac

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 15-11-2009

spacer

Snooki neck - over spray tanned to the point of being orange. Not a good look, in my opinion...

I'm glad to hear the procedure went as planned, EW (Snooki neck notwithstanding), and I have my fingers crossed the results are the wished for ones.

No new posts 17-03-2012 11:59 green is offline Send an Email to green Search for Posts by green Add green to your Buddy List
Gatchamaniac

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

spacer

got it, thanks!!! not something anyone would like to find done to them then, thank goodness it wasn't permanent then EW!

Keeping fingers crossed for you anyway!

No new posts 17-03-2012 12:42 KT1972 is offline Send an Email to KT1972 Search for Posts by KT1972 Add KT1972 to your Buddy List
Gatchamaniac

0 fics uploaded

spacer

quote:
Originally posted by littlewolf
Would Snooki neck be worse than than looking like vampire hickies?

Okay, this might be a little weird...I took the Band-Aid off this morning, and the spot where the biopsy was done doesn't look like a vampire hickey. I have a tiny bruise that looks like the outline of an eagle's beak!

I wonder if the Eagle dreams I had last night had anything to do with that... Eagle

No new posts 17-03-2012 18:42 ElectricWhite is offline Send an Email to ElectricWhite Search for Posts by ElectricWhite Add ElectricWhite to your Buddy List

I am a Swan.

6 fics uploaded

spacer

Does this mean the Eagle is a vampire? I've read about the Condor being a vampire, but not the Eagle...hmmmmBlackbat

There is no problem that cannot be solved with time, patience, and a judicious amount of high explosives.

No new posts 17-03-2012 19:06 Springie is offline Send an Email to Springie Homepage of Springie Search for Posts by Springie Add Springie to your Buddy List YIM Screenname: Springie MSN Screenname: Springie
Becky Rock Becky Rock is a Female
Gatchamaniac

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 16-04-2009

spacer

There are a few fics where Ken is a vampire. I think they're Night Moves and Negotiations.

No new posts 17-03-2012 20:09 Becky Rock is offline Send an Email to Becky Rock Search for Posts by Becky Rock Add Becky Rock to your Buddy List

I am a Swan.

6 fics uploaded

spacer

D'oh! That's right! And how could I forget Evangelina's pic to go with it! Can I blame my memory loss on age?

Ok...ok...so there are no fics with Jun, Jinpei or Ryu as vampires out there, am I right? I am cracking up at the thought of Jinpei as a vampire...he'd attack Joe and Joe would just thump him to the ground...LOL

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by Springie on 17-03-2012 at 20:38.
No new posts 17-03-2012 20:36 Springie is offline Send an Email to Springie Homepage of Springie Search for Posts by Springie Add Springie to your Buddy List YIM Screenname: Springie MSN Screenname: Springie
lborgia88 lborgia88 is a Female
Gatchamaniac

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 27-06-2007

spacer

quote:
Originally posted by Springie
I am cracking up at the thought of Jinpei as a vampire...he'd attack Joe and Joe would just thump him to the ground...LOL

I think you're right! It might even look like the scene in ep. 34 where Joe's trying to fire a missile while they're all being bombarded with the turn-you-crazy-like-an-animal rays and Jinpei succumbs first. That scene always cracks me up. Granted, Joe also clobbers Dr. Nambu and Ryu in that episode!

No new posts 17-03-2012 20:55 lborgia88 is offline Send an Email to lborgia88 Search for Posts by lborgia88 Add lborgia88 to your Buddy List YIM Screenname: lborgia88

I am a Swan.

6 fics uploaded

spacer

Bwahahahahaha...I hadn't thought of that scene! Yeah...it's perfect!

No new posts 18-03-2012 01:39 Springie is offline Send an Email to Springie Homepage of Springie Search for Posts by Springie Add Springie to your Buddy List YIM Screenname: Springie MSN Screenname: Springie
Daniella T Daniella T is a Female
GatchaFreak

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 18-09-2011

spacer

Glad to hear the procedure is over at least, EW! I know waiting for the results is horrible, and nothing we say will make it easier...or will it...if we send you some Condors maybe? To add to the Eagle nips? What WAS the Eagle thinking, going for your neck?

Think positive thoughts! Huggles

No new posts 18-03-2012 13:47 Daniella T is offline Send an Email to Daniella T Search for Posts by Daniella T Add Daniella T to your Buddy List
Gatchamaniac

0 fics uploaded

spacer

quote:
Originally posted by Daniella T
and nothing we say will make it easier...or will it...if we send you some Condors maybe? To add to the Eagle nips? What WAS the Eagle thinking, going for your neck?

Hey, I'm always happy for a Condor visit! Bounce2

And, now that you mention it, what WAS the Eagle thinking, especially when you consider all the places he could have nibbled! Devil1

No new posts 18-03-2012 20:42 ElectricWhite is offline Send an Email to ElectricWhite Search for Posts by ElectricWhite Add ElectricWhite to your Buddy List
[1]  2  next »  --> Members browsing this thread: none Pages (2): [1]  2  next » 
Post New Thread Post Reply
Rate Thread: 

very bad very bad 

very good very good 

Go to: