Gatchamania.net
Register Memberlist Staff Search FAQ Arcade Calendar Gallery Filebase Forums Home  

Gatchamania.net »[Speak Up!] »General Discussion » RIP Davy Jones
Print Page | Recommend to Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page RIP Davy Jones
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Springie Springie is a Female
Her Royal Fluffiness...Swan of Swans...

I am a Swan.

6 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 12-06-2006

spacer
RIP Davy Jones Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator        IP Information Go to the top of this page

So sad...one of my childhood crushes is gone...I loved the Monkees when I was younger...and Davy was my favorite! He died from a heart attack at 66.

There is no problem that cannot be solved with time, patience, and a judicious amount of high explosives.

No new posts 01-03-2012 00:54 Springie is offline Send an Email to Springie Homepage of Springie Search for Posts by Springie Add Springie to your Buddy List YIM Screenname: Springie MSN Screenname: Springie
ChrisW ChrisW is a Female
Gatchamaniac

I am an Eagle.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 16-01-2012

spacer
Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator        IP Information Go to the top of this page

Aw, he was totally my favorite, what a cutie patootie.

No new posts 01-03-2012 01:31 ChrisW is offline Send an Email to ChrisW Search for Posts by ChrisW Add ChrisW to your Buddy List
Transmute Jun Transmute Jun is a Female
Queen of the Bird Missiles

I am a Swan.

40 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 04-04-2007

spacer
Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator        IP Information Go to the top of this page

This is how I first heard of him.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fRNFus7Pbp4&feature=related

No new posts 01-03-2012 02:10 Transmute Jun is offline Send an Email to Transmute Jun Homepage of Transmute Jun Search for Posts by Transmute Jun Add Transmute Jun to your Buddy List
amethyst amethyst is a Female
Wanted: $1000 Reward

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 15-07-2009

spacer

Very sad! Crying6

No new posts 01-03-2012 02:32 amethyst is offline Send an Email to amethyst Search for Posts by amethyst Add amethyst to your Buddy List
ElectricWhite ElectricWhite is a Female
Gatchamaniac

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 29-12-2011

spacer

I have a hard time believing it.

No new posts 01-03-2012 03:48 ElectricWhite is offline Send an Email to ElectricWhite Search for Posts by ElectricWhite Add ElectricWhite to your Buddy List
lborgia88 lborgia88 is a Female
Gatchamaniac

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 27-06-2007

spacer

Very sad. I didn't know who the Monkees were until about 1987, when they (and the Beatles) were suddenly really popular again, at least in my high school.

I do remember reading, a very long time ago, in a book about the making of the original Star Trek, that Gene Roddenberry specifically wanted the character, Ensign Chekov, to look like "a Monkee." I'm thinking now that Davy Jones was the one he had in mind

No new posts 01-03-2012 04:42 lborgia88 is offline Send an Email to lborgia88 Search for Posts by lborgia88 Add lborgia88 to your Buddy List YIM Screenname: lborgia88
KT1972 KT1972 is a Female
Gatchamaniac

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 02-11-2011

spacer

sad news indeed, Sad1
They made the kind of music that always managed to put a smile on my face. Even today I can't listen to a Monkees track without grinning! Don't find talent like that these days,Sad2 rip

No new posts 01-03-2012 07:39 KT1972 is offline Send an Email to KT1972 Search for Posts by KT1972 Add KT1972 to your Buddy List
Springie Springie is a Female
Her Royal Fluffiness...Swan of Swans...

I am a Swan.

6 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 12-06-2006

spacer

quote:
Originally posted by lborgia88
Very sad. I didn't know who the Monkees were until about 1987, when they (and the Beatles) were suddenly really popular again, at least in my high school.

It was the same for us! The sixties was "back in style" for a while and I loved all of the music. I went through a "Monkees" phase and a "Beatles" phase. I used to know every lyric and everything there was to know about them. For a long time, (I guess to promote their tour in 87) they had the "Monkees" show on TV. That's what got me hooked. I went to the reunion concert, too.

There is no problem that cannot be solved with time, patience, and a judicious amount of high explosives.

No new posts 01-03-2012 10:46 Springie is offline Send an Email to Springie Homepage of Springie Search for Posts by Springie Add Springie to your Buddy List YIM Screenname: Springie MSN Screenname: Springie
amethyst amethyst is a Female
Wanted: $1000 Reward

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 15-07-2009

spacer

I remember them from the 70's. A station out here used to have them on in the afternoons along with the Brady Bunch.

Never got to any of the reunion concerts. I had a car, but my parents would freak at the thought of me driving into the Bay Area proper for a concert. (I pushed Napa without their permission, but not much farther; they'd have taken my keys in a heartbeat and I loved my car too much for that).

No new posts 01-03-2012 16:24 amethyst is offline Send an Email to amethyst Search for Posts by amethyst Add amethyst to your Buddy List
Becky Rock Becky Rock is a Female
Gatchamaniac

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 16-04-2009

spacer

My husband called and told me about it.

I vaguely remember watching the show, probably in reruns. I think my older sister had the hots for one of them.

I, too, though Chekov was a Davy Jones lookalike, so Gene was effective in his attempt.

I have a Monkees DVD and played it al the way home yesterday.

No new posts 01-03-2012 23:54 Becky Rock is offline Send an Email to Becky Rock Search for Posts by Becky Rock Add Becky Rock to your Buddy List
lborgia88 lborgia88 is a Female
Gatchamaniac

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 27-06-2007

spacer

quote:
Originally posted by Springie
It was the same for us! The sixties was "back in style" for a while and I loved all of the music.

I often think there's sort of a "20-year-rule" whereby things are repopularized by nostalgia and/or rediscovered by a new generation ~every couple decades.

Trying to recall what was going on in 1992...

No new posts 02-03-2012 20:07 lborgia88 is offline Send an Email to lborgia88 Search for Posts by lborgia88 Add lborgia88 to your Buddy List YIM Screenname: lborgia88
Members browsing this thread: none
Post New Thread Post Reply
Rate Thread: 

very bad very bad 

very good very good 

Go to: