Gatchamania.net
Register Memberlist Staff Search FAQ Arcade Calendar Gallery Filebase Forums Home  

Gatchamania.net »[Speak Up!] »General Discussion » Battlestar Galactica Love Thread !!
Print Page | Recommend to Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Pages (4): « first ...  « previous  2  3  [4]  Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page Battlestar Galactica Love Thread !!
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Lolabella Lolabella is a Female
Boardie

I am a Swan.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 05-04-2004

spacer
Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator        IP Information Go to the top of this page

SO SAY WE ALL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

SQUEEEEEEEEEEE!!! (that is the sound of LOLA clapping her hands and practically screaming at the monitor in sheer excitement cause IMI GETS IT!!!)

OH babe!! I'm just so fracking hysterically overjoyed that you FINALLY got to indulge!! Just by knowing you from here and knowing your love of the Gatch Fandom, I really felt that BSG could take you to another level.

And you want to know the amazing part? Yesterday, I was sick ALLDAY on the couch, so I popped in The MINISeries and then watch Season 1 all the way up to Flesh and Bone!! I caught so many things I missed the first time around.

And yes, Apollo does come off as quite the arrogant ass-holio....but yes he just gets better and better. Could you feel the tension when he first came to see her in the brig?

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

Then when she thought he was dead and she unfolded the picture of her and Zak...only to reveal that Apollo was in the piccie too?

Oh...and Starbuck Maneuver that saved Apollo before the FTL jump??? Amazing!! Best.damned.fighter.Pilot!! Even Cranky Ole Tigh had to agree on that one!!!

Oh..and Edward James Olmos as Commander Adama is simply brilliant. Nice pairing him with Laura Roslin. Don't get me started on Helo and Boomer either..tons of drama in store for them!!

You will notice that BSG has VERY STRONG female roles which is what I absoutely applaud (Starbuck, Roslin, Boomer, and Six all can walk the fine line between genders and not skip a beat).

Okay...okay..I'm rambling....

*sigh*

Hugs Imi

What do you hear Imi??

Nothing but the rain?

Grab your gun and bring in the cat....

Boom, boom, boom!!

This post has been edited 2 time(s), it was last edited by Lolabella on 27-05-2007 at 20:18.
No new posts 27-05-2007 19:46 Lolabella is offline Send an Email to Lolabella Search for Posts by Lolabella Add Lolabella to your Buddy List AIM Screenname: LolabellaG3
Ebonyswanne Ebonyswanne is a Female
Gatchamaniac

I am a Swan.

23 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 25-04-2007

spacer
Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator        IP Information Go to the top of this page

I got told that they are wrpping the series up in the next season...

Is that true???I'm going to get the lot on DVD and watch it at my lesiure I want to see after seaon 1,

I don't have cable and they took it of free to air after that and I was hooked....dam them!!!

No new posts 27-05-2007 23:01 Ebonyswanne is offline Send an Email to Ebonyswanne Search for Posts by Ebonyswanne Add Ebonyswanne to your Buddy List
Boardie

I am a Swan.

0 fics uploaded

spacer

Hi Ebonny,

Edward James Olmos and Katee Sackhoff were interviewed recently and both said that next season (4) is the last. This caused a HUGE uproar all over the BSG fandom.

The next day Ron D Moore and David Eick (BSG creators and producers) both issued statements that EJO and KS are not the final word, that they are.

So...until we hear officially from SciFi, we are still good....pray to the Lords of Kobol that the fan base keeps getting bigger and they keep it for a couple more seasons. I'm not at a place yet where I can let it go.

*grins*

No new posts 27-05-2007 23:42 Lolabella is offline Send an Email to Lolabella Search for Posts by Lolabella Add Lolabella to your Buddy List AIM Screenname: LolabellaG3
Ebonyswanne Ebonyswanne is a Female
Gatchamaniac

I am a Swan.

23 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 25-04-2007

spacer

Thanks for the info Lola....great pics by the way

No new posts 28-05-2007 00:31 Ebonyswanne is offline Send an Email to Ebonyswanne Search for Posts by Ebonyswanne Add Ebonyswanne to your Buddy List
Boardie

I am a Swan.

0 fics uploaded

spacer

The BSG board I belong to had a Bump and Grind Challenge. We had to use the words Bump and Grind in short scenario...

This was my submission:

"Truth or Dare?," yelled Starbuck as she waved her pointed finger around the room and finally settled on Racetrack.

Racetrack giggled, took another swig out of her mug, and contemplated the question for a moment. "Truth" she yelled back.

A knowing grin spread across Starbucks face as she slowly crawled forward to put her face within inches of Racetrack's. "I think....." she paused and looked around the room making sure she had an audience "that you......want to jump Helo's bones."

Racetrack's face quickly turned from a playful smile into a knowing blush as she avoided Helo's stare. She was silently thankful that Athena wasn't in the room.

"Ah ha!!" exclaimed Starbuck proudly as she settled back into her place against the wall. "No need to answer truth on that!! We know!"

"So, you think that's the truth, huh?" Racetrack asked. Starbuck and everyone else in the room nodded. "Okay!whatever!" She smirked. It was time to have a little fun on Starbuck's behalf. "Truth or Dare?" She yelled. And much to everyone's amazement, her pointed finger landed on Apollo.

Apollo wasn't sure how he got roped into playing this game during the fleet's downtime , but he knew he wasn't about to reveal any of his secrets. "Uhhh......Dare," he said, reluctantly.

"I dare you... Apollooooo," slurred Racetrack, "to give Starbuck a lap dance."

All eyes quickly shifted around the room. Some landed on Starbuck who was grinning from ear to ear while others focused on Apollo who looked positively mortified.

"Ah...no. I don't think so." Apollo suddenly remembered his place in the fleet. He was the CAG and he most certainly couldn't put himself into a situation that jeopardized his leadership position above the others. They would never let him live it down.

"Sorry Guys. I need to finish the CAP reports." He stood up and headed towards the door.

"OH NO YOU DON'T!" Yelled Helo who quickly jumped up to block the door with the help of Hotdog. "You said you were in at the beginning of the game. Game's not over yet, Sir."

"What's the matter, Sir? Afraid that you'll prove that the CAG really doesn't have any moves." Starbuck's taunting voice behind Apollo made him smile.

Apollo turned around to find Starbuck already settled into a chair throwing him a come hither look. The sounds of everyone slow clapping in unison and Kat's slow whistle of a sexy tune made him aware that he wasn't getting out of this. Eyes focused on Starbuck's, he slowly and teasingly started to raise the hem of his shirt while bumping and grinding his way over to a happily amused Starbuck.

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by Lolabella on 31-05-2007 at 17:44.
No new posts 31-05-2007 17:38 Lolabella is offline Send an Email to Lolabella Search for Posts by Lolabella Add Lolabella to your Buddy List AIM Screenname: LolabellaG3
Boardie

I am a Swan.

0 fics uploaded

spacer

Okay..the Hollywood Reporter just broke the news that tomorrow SciFi will officially announce that Season 4 is the last season.

While my heart is breaking, I'm grateful that the writers/producers have the chance to give us one kick ass final season with a 2 hour movie and 22 episodes!!

They get to go out on their own terms. Nothing will be contrived.

*sniff sniff*

No new posts 01-06-2007 01:00 Lolabella is offline Send an Email to Lolabella Search for Posts by Lolabella Add Lolabella to your Buddy List AIM Screenname: LolabellaG3
Metaliant Metaliant is a Male
Gatchamaniac

I am an Eagle.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 06-06-2005

spacer

I read that at the Sci-Fi BSG website and thought of how they would finish it in 1 season. I just hope they don't do something completely stupid with it.

As I was reading about Blake 7, a British sci fi show in the late 70s and early 80s (and a damm good one) the people who made it it, made it it orginally with only 3 seasons but were surprised when the BBC wanted another season.

With that in mind, they made the ending in such a way, that it finsihed on a cliffhanger.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LY10pMsq3N8

Also, Blake 7 was called the anti-Trek.

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by Metaliant on 01-06-2007 at 10:22.
No new posts 01-06-2007 10:22 Metaliant is offline Send an Email to Metaliant Homepage of Metaliant Search for Posts by Metaliant Add Metaliant to your Buddy List MSN Screenname: The Legend
Gatchamaniac

I am an Eagle.

0 fics uploaded

spacer

I have been reading about some prograammes on Wikipedia and noticed a bit about a spin off series from the new Galactica show.

Caprica

No new posts 03-08-2007 19:26 Metaliant is offline Send an Email to Metaliant Homepage of Metaliant Search for Posts by Metaliant Add Metaliant to your Buddy List MSN Screenname: The Legend
Gatchamaniac

I am an Eagle.

0 fics uploaded

spacer

I just found this and thought it was a bit funny.

I wonder if Snack J has this in the back room?

penis lantern

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by Metaliant on 17-02-2008 at 20:09.
No new posts 17-02-2008 20:08 Metaliant is offline Send an Email to Metaliant Homepage of Metaliant Search for Posts by Metaliant Add Metaliant to your Buddy List MSN Screenname: The Legend
Firebird
Princess Firebird..... Goddess of Swannie Fics

I am a Swan.

63 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 01-07-2002

spacer

Thanks for the info Met. Will let DH know as he has been following the show and was disappointed to hear it is being canned.

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by Firebird on 17-02-2008 at 22:14.
No new posts 17-02-2008 22:14 Firebird is offline Send an Email to Firebird Search for Posts by Firebird Add Firebird to your Buddy List AIM Screenname: Taishala YIM Screenname: taishala
Gatchamaniac

I am an Eagle.

0 fics uploaded

spacer

I have been watching the first season yet again and realise something. The Cylon Detectior isn't working properly.

The reason for this is that the first person was Boomer who was discovered to be Cylon, BUT, surely the four Cylons that were undiscovered at the end of the third season and the 5th Cylon (whoever that could be) would have been discovered by the Cylon Detector by now.

Now I know what people going to say......that Baltar (hiss, hiss, boo, boo) would pretend that they were human, BUT, he doesn't know who are the final 5 Cyclons though.

This has me very perplexed and can't wait until the end of the series.

Oh by the way, does anybody that it has been 30 years since the first showing of the orginal Battlestar Galactica?

If not, all I can say is let's a grab bottles of ambrosa and sing Happy Birthday2 to Battlestar Galactica and Party1

No new posts 17-02-2008 23:14 Metaliant is offline Send an Email to Metaliant Homepage of Metaliant Search for Posts by Metaliant Add Metaliant to your Buddy List MSN Screenname: The Legend
lborgia88 lborgia88 is a Female
Gatchamaniac

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 27-06-2007

spacer

In my usual fashion, I didn't twig to the new Battlestar Galactica until the first season was nearly over. Most of what I know about it comes from reading episode recaps on televisionwithoutpity.com. (I will rent the episodes someday...) I can only think that the writers will have to make it such that either the detector never could do what Baltar claimed, or that these particular cylons are somehow different and only they could escape detection. I find myself wondering, in light of how such a fuss was made about Sharon's baby, if Callie and Tyrol's baby is also a hybrid. Can't wait for season 4!

No new posts 18-02-2008 03:25 lborgia88 is offline Send an Email to lborgia88 Search for Posts by lborgia88 Add lborgia88 to your Buddy List YIM Screenname: lborgia88
Gatchamaniac

I am an Eagle.

0 fics uploaded

spacer

OOoohhhhhh, Cally and Tyrol's baby. Never thought of that. You really should rent the episodes at some point and watch every single one including the Razor episode.

the first epiode I saw was on the Battlestar Galactica site over at the Sci-Fi channel and thought that it was different, but after seeing the first season on Sky Three I actually got into it.

And ever since I just love it. You will love it as you are a Condor and thertefore love explosions. Those pesky Swans love Captain Lee 'Apollo' Adama, while this Eagle is madly in love.....I mean like Kara 'Starbuck (nothing to do with selling coffee)' Thrace.

No new posts 18-02-2008 20:08 Metaliant is offline Send an Email to Metaliant Homepage of Metaliant Search for Posts by Metaliant Add Metaliant to your Buddy List MSN Screenname: The Legend
Gatchamaniac

I am an Eagle.

0 fics uploaded

spacer

Robot Chicken has done a bloopers section of the original .BSG.

No new posts 30-03-2008 16:35 Metaliant is offline Send an Email to Metaliant Homepage of Metaliant Search for Posts by Metaliant Add Metaliant to your Buddy List MSN Screenname: The Legend
Gatchamaniac

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

spacer

quote:
Originally posted by Metaliant
You really should rent the episodes at some point and watch every single one including the Razor episode.

Yes, I should. I missed Razor when it aired back in the fall (I'm an idiot) and I've since heard that it has lots of interesting hints, especially regarding Kara.

No new posts 30-03-2008 17:45 lborgia88 is offline Send an Email to lborgia88 Search for Posts by lborgia88 Add lborgia88 to your Buddy List YIM Screenname: lborgia88
Gatchamaniac

I am an Eagle.

0 fics uploaded

spacer

Yes it does but you will have to see it. There's now way you can bribe me to tell you at all......except free alcohol......Doh!

No new posts 30-03-2008 22:06 Metaliant is offline Send an Email to Metaliant Homepage of Metaliant Search for Posts by Metaliant Add Metaliant to your Buddy List MSN Screenname: The Legend
Gatchamaniac

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

spacer

Hmmm. lborgia88 goes off to figure out a way to send free alcohol from Indiana, USA to England...

No new posts 31-03-2008 01:38 lborgia88 is offline Send an Email to lborgia88 Search for Posts by lborgia88 Add lborgia88 to your Buddy List YIM Screenname: lborgia88
« first ...  « previous  2  3  [4]  --> Members browsing this thread: none Pages (4): « first ...  « previous  2  3  [4] 
Post New Thread Post Reply
Rate Thread: 

very bad very bad 

very good very good 

Go to: