Gatchamania.net
Register Memberlist Staff Search FAQ Arcade Calendar Gallery Filebase Forums Home  

Gatchamania.net »[Entertainment] »Film Flam » Bionic Woman (re-imaged series)
Print Page | Recommend to Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page Bionic Woman (re-imaged series)
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Lolabella Lolabella is a Female
Boardie

I am a Swan.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 05-04-2004

spacer
Bionic Woman (re-imaged series) Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator        IP Information Go to the top of this page

WHOA!! Check out this 5 minutes preview!!! And wait till the end and see who the villian is!!! (hint: Met will love this one!!).

Oh yeah...and I should mention that David Eick, the brilliant producer of BSG is involved!!!

http://www.nbc.com/Fall_Preview/Bionic_Woman/index.shtml

Anyone too young to remember the original rocking series (come on...didn't we all want to be Jamie Sommers and run all slow-mo?)...here is a brief overview:

ComingSoon.net has posted NBC's 2007-08 primetime schedule, which includes new details on "Bionic Woman," that will air Wednesdays from 9-10 p.m.:

Struggling as a bartender and surrogate mom to her teenage sister, Jaime Sommers (Michelle Ryan, "EastEnders") didn't think life could get much harder. But when a devastating car accident leaves her at death's door, Jaime's only hope for survival is a cutting-edge, top-secret technology that comes at a hefty price. With a whole new existence and a debt to re-pay, Jaime must figure out how to use her extraordinary abilities for good, while weighing the personal sacrifices she will have to make. Ultimately, it's Jaime's journey of self-discovery and inner strength that will help her embrace her new life as the Bionic Woman. Also starring are: Mae Whitman ("State of Grace") as Becca, Jaime's younger sister; Miguel Ferrer ("Crossing Jordan") as Jonas, the man who employs Jaime's boyfriend; Chris Bowers ("Rescue Me) as Will, Jaime's boyfriend, who performs the operation; Will Yun Lee ("Witchblade") as Jae, the specialized operations leader; and Molly Price ("Third Watch"), as Ruth, Jonas' second-in-command. "Bionic Woman" is produced by NBC Universal Television Studio and executive-produced by David Eick ("Battlestar Galactica"), Glen Morgan ("The X-Files"), Michael Dinner ("Kidnapped") -- who also directed the pilot -- and Jason Smilovic ("Lucky Number Slevin"). Laeta Kalogridis ("Birds of Prey") is also an executive producer on the pilot

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by Lolabella on 17-05-2007 at 14:34.
No new posts 17-05-2007 14:33 Lolabella is offline Send an Email to Lolabella Search for Posts by Lolabella Add Lolabella to your Buddy List AIM Screenname: LolabellaG3
Cep Cep is a Male
Board Pirate

I am a Galactor.

Registration Date: 22-01-2004

spacer
Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator        IP Information Go to the top of this page

Michelle Ryan Smile glad she moved on from Eastbenders and got a real career going Aha

Gatchamania.net Administrator Gatch

No new posts 17-05-2007 14:44 Cep is offline Send an Email to Cep Homepage of Cep Search for Posts by Cep Add Cep to your Buddy List Add Cep to your Contact List AIM Screenname: cepeleon
meridianday meridianday is a Female
Galaxy Girl

I am a Devilstar.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 27-06-2001

spacer
Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator        IP Information Go to the top of this page

Good heavens, she'll have to have a drastic accent change from Eastenders, I think ("Gor blimey, strike a light, now I'm bionic I can be up the apples and pears like shit off a stick!" - doesn't work does it?). The PC I'm on at the moment won't play that video, so I shall have to check it again later on a different PC.

Devilstar Mallanox : "My mother was Irish and my father was an alien. I was an only child and I dress funny." Devilstar

No new posts 17-05-2007 15:58 meridianday is offline Send an Email to meridianday Homepage of meridianday Search for Posts by meridianday Add meridianday to your Buddy List
CricketBeautiful
Forum God

I am a Zark.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 04-04-2004

spacer

What, no ex-astronaut? Well, at least there's no Oscar. Cool idea with boyfriend instead of Rudy. (Yep, watched most of it, multiple times.)

- Viktor E. Frankl

No new posts 17-05-2007 18:53 CricketBeautiful is offline Send an Email to CricketBeautiful Homepage of CricketBeautiful Search for Posts by CricketBeautiful Add CricketBeautiful to your Buddy List YIM Screenname: cricketbeautiful MSN Screenname: cricketbeautiful@hotmail.com
Metaliant Metaliant is a Male
Gatchamaniac

I am an Eagle.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 06-06-2005

spacer

I never wanted to be Jamie Sommers, but did wanted to be the bionic man and run slowly with sound effects.

No new posts 17-05-2007 19:50 Metaliant is offline Send an Email to Metaliant Homepage of Metaliant Search for Posts by Metaliant Add Metaliant to your Buddy List MSN Screenname: The Legend
Gatchamaniac

I am an Eagle.

0 fics uploaded

spacer

quote:
Originally posted by meridianday
Good heavens, she'll have to have a drastic accent change from Eastenders, I think ("Gor blimey, strike a light, now I'm bionic I can be up the apples and pears like shit off a stick!" - doesn't work does it?). The PC I'm on at the moment won't play that video, so I shall have to check it again later on a different PC.

Maybe it dosn't work but it would be funny. Especially if she goes back to Albert Square, with an American accent and with those bionic abilities.

No new posts 17-05-2007 23:15 Metaliant is offline Send an Email to Metaliant Homepage of Metaliant Search for Posts by Metaliant Add Metaliant to your Buddy List MSN Screenname: The Legend
Gatchamaniac

I am an Eagle.

0 fics uploaded

spacer

quote:
Originally posted by CricketBeautiful
What, no ex-astronaut? Well, at least there's no Oscar. Cool idea with boyfriend instead of Rudy. (Yep, watched most of it, multiple times.)

In the original, Jamie Sommers was a tennis player an a teacher, not an ex-astronaut. That was Lee Major's charactor in the bionic man.

What has started me to wonder, is with this idea of remaking classic 70s TV programmes, can't anybody have any original ideas?

No new posts 17-05-2007 23:17 Metaliant is offline Send an Email to Metaliant Homepage of Metaliant Search for Posts by Metaliant Add Metaliant to your Buddy List MSN Screenname: The Legend
Boardie

I am a Swan.

0 fics uploaded

spacer

runs over and grabs Met and gently shakes him

But..but..but...

.in spite of all that...did you see who the supersweet villian is???

Did you watch?

*gah*!!!

No new posts 18-05-2007 01:08 Lolabella is offline Send an Email to Lolabella Search for Posts by Lolabella Add Lolabella to your Buddy List AIM Screenname: LolabellaG3
Boardie

I am a Swan.

0 fics uploaded

spacer

quote:
Originally posted by Metaliant
quote:
Originally posted by CricketBeautiful

In the original, Jamie Sommers was a tennis player an a teacher, not an ex-astronaut. That was Lee Major's charactor in the bionic man.

What has started me to wonder, is with this idea of remaking classic 70s TV programmes, can't anybody have any original ideas ?

Welll....if they keeping doing this...one can only hope that they remake 'BJ and Bear'. I always wanted to be one of the seven lady truckers (but never Stacks). Man...did ever have it bad for Greg Evigan. I was soo pleasantly suprised to see him show up recently on Desperate Housewives.

BJ AND THE BEAR

This post has been edited 3 time(s), it was last edited by Lolabella on 18-05-2007 at 01:21.
No new posts 18-05-2007 01:18 Lolabella is offline Send an Email to Lolabella Search for Posts by Lolabella Add Lolabella to your Buddy List AIM Screenname: LolabellaG3
Gatchamaniac

I am an Eagle.

0 fics uploaded

spacer

I can barely remember BJ and Bear (funny I thought it was a chimp, my sight must really bad, hee hee) but I can always remember the red truck with that white stripe and the chimp and that gave me an idea of a trucker who had an animal as well. the trucker would be called The Wanderer after the song by Status Quo.

No new posts 18-05-2007 09:41 Metaliant is offline Send an Email to Metaliant Homepage of Metaliant Search for Posts by Metaliant Add Metaliant to your Buddy List MSN Screenname: The Legend
Gatchamaniac

I am an Eagle.

0 fics uploaded

spacer

quote:
Originally posted by Lolabella
runs over and grabs Met and gently shakes him

But..but..but...

.in spite of all that...did you see who the supersweet villian is???

Did you watch?

*gah*!!!

While beiing shaken by the swan, the Eagle was also shaking the swan, saying in a very calm but excited voice, "Calm down, calm down. At least we know what happened to Lt Thrace, don't we."

No new posts 18-05-2007 09:43 Metaliant is offline Send an Email to Metaliant Homepage of Metaliant Search for Posts by Metaliant Add Metaliant to your Buddy List MSN Screenname: The Legend
Boardie

I am a Swan.

0 fics uploaded

spacer

Yes!! YES!!

Katee's character was supposed to be killed off in the pilot...but she basically stole her scenes and now she will be a re-occuring character! The gal steals the scenes on BSG too....she is force to be reckoned with!!

No new posts 18-05-2007 13:05 Lolabella is offline Send an Email to Lolabella Search for Posts by Lolabella Add Lolabella to your Buddy List AIM Screenname: LolabellaG3
CricketBeautiful
Forum God

I am a Zark.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 04-04-2004

spacer

I know she wasn't an astronaut, but her boyfriend Steve was.

- Viktor E. Frankl

No new posts 18-05-2007 16:20 CricketBeautiful is offline Send an Email to CricketBeautiful Homepage of CricketBeautiful Search for Posts by CricketBeautiful Add CricketBeautiful to your Buddy List YIM Screenname: cricketbeautiful MSN Screenname: cricketbeautiful@hotmail.com
Galaxy Girl

I am a Devilstar.

0 fics uploaded

spacer

Finally got to see the videos. You know, I think when this show comes over the side of the big pond, I may very well be watching it. It looks like quite a good update of the original. Plenty of angst and action.

Out of interest, is anyone watching Heroes?

Devilstar Mallanox : "My mother was Irish and my father was an alien. I was an only child and I dress funny." Devilstar

No new posts 18-05-2007 17:07 meridianday is offline Send an Email to meridianday Homepage of meridianday Search for Posts by meridianday Add meridianday to your Buddy List
Gatchamaniac

I am an Eagle.

0 fics uploaded

spacer

I was asked about that at work. I only know a tiny bit of it from the SCi-Fi channel's website. Is it on Sky?

No new posts 18-05-2007 17:48 Metaliant is offline Send an Email to Metaliant Homepage of Metaliant Search for Posts by Metaliant Add Metaliant to your Buddy List MSN Screenname: The Legend
Galaxy Girl

I am a Devilstar.

0 fics uploaded

spacer

No, just the Sci-fi channel.

No new posts 18-05-2007 18:29 meridianday is offline Send an Email to meridianday Homepage of meridianday Search for Posts by meridianday Add meridianday to your Buddy List
Boardie

I am a Swan.

0 fics uploaded

spacer

Yep!!

I've been watching Heros since the beginning. LOVE that show too. It shows on our NBC station here with the repeats running about a week later on SciFi.

SciFi is doing a marathon this weekend of the whole season. I do need to catch up on the last 4 episodes.

And now it's time for a shout out to my male fav...

Mohinder!!! *mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm* Smile

No new posts 18-05-2007 18:33 Lolabella is offline Send an Email to Lolabella Search for Posts by Lolabella Add Lolabella to your Buddy List AIM Screenname: LolabellaG3
Members browsing this thread: none
Post New Thread Post Reply
Rate Thread: 

very bad very bad 

very good very good 

Go to: