Gatchamania.net
Register Memberlist Staff Search FAQ Arcade Calendar Gallery Filebase Forums Home  

Gatchamania.net »[Speak Up!] »General Discussion » Pronounciation!
Print Page | Recommend to Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Pages (2): [1]  2  next »  Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page Pronounciation!
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
imaqtz
Forum God

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 17-07-2001

spacer
Pronounciation! Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator        IP Information Go to the top of this page

From the Curious Trivialities of my wandering Mind..I bring you this weeks bit of Trivial Curiosity!

I had an interesting (and absolutely wonderful!) conversation the other day , and my curiousity was piqued, regarding how some members are pronouncing certain words and names.

It had me intrigued!

For example, I would sooo love to know how everyone says "Cep"

Is it hard C Cep as in " K- e- p" Or soft C Cep as in " S - e- p"?

is and Interactive Fanfiction Prounounced " Eye- Ef" or "if"?

do you say "cond- OR" , "cond- ER" or even ""cond- A"?

and just in case anyone has ever had trouble trying to Pronounce my name...You cant! lol! Imaqtz is an acronym, not a name you can pronounce!

Im just wondering how many other names are pronounced differently..or mispronounced altogether!

I know for years I was going on about " Fee -arts" when the damn car I found out to my embarrassment was actually a "Fiat.!

No new posts 14-05-2007 15:31 imaqtz is offline Send an Email to imaqtz Search for Posts by imaqtz Add imaqtz to your Buddy List
Cep Cep is a Male
Board Pirate

I am a Galactor.

Registration Date: 22-01-2004

spacer
Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator        IP Information Go to the top of this page

Well,

Cep = S - e - p

I would say Eye- Ef

I would say Cond - OR

And I say

Imi = Im - ee

And I can say your name hehehehe

Imaqtz = Im - Ax - t (silent s)

Hows that then! Hug

Gatchamania.net Administrator Gatch

No new posts 14-05-2007 16:07 Cep is offline Send an Email to Cep Homepage of Cep Search for Posts by Cep Add Cep to your Buddy List Add Cep to your Contact List AIM Screenname: cepeleon
Lolabella Lolabella is a Female
Boardie

I am a Swan.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 05-04-2004

spacer
Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator        IP Information Go to the top of this page

Hiya!!

Well...

I say Cep with a soft 'C' or (Sep).

Interactive Fics are 'Eye Effss'

Imi is 'eee mee'

and Condor is ' Cond OR'. I'm from the midwest and we love our long 'o's.

No new posts 14-05-2007 16:25 Lolabella is offline Send an Email to Lolabella Search for Posts by Lolabella Add Lolabella to your Buddy List AIM Screenname: LolabellaG3
Cep Cep is a Male
Board Pirate

I am a Galactor.

spacer

OooooOOO I bet you do Lolla baby Cheeky

No new posts 14-05-2007 16:56 Cep is offline Send an Email to Cep Homepage of Cep Search for Posts by Cep Add Cep to your Buddy List Add Cep to your Contact List AIM Screenname: cepeleon
Lolabella Lolabella is a Female
Boardie

I am a Swan.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 05-04-2004

spacer

quote:
Originally posted by Cep
OooooOOO I bet you do Lolla baby Cheeky

*smirk*

OMG!!! Cep...that is soooo funny!! I didn't understand what you meant at first...and now...I get it!

Yeah...love 'those' tooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!

biggrin2 biggrin2

No new posts 14-05-2007 18:20 Lolabella is offline Send an Email to Lolabella Search for Posts by Lolabella Add Lolabella to your Buddy List AIM Screenname: LolabellaG3
Metaliant Metaliant is a Male
Gatchamaniac

I am an Eagle.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 06-06-2005

spacer

Cep - Sep

Interactive Fanfiction - Eye ef

HHHhhhmmmmmm, I say Con dor for Condor.

I just say Im eei, it's easier.

No new posts 14-05-2007 19:05 Metaliant is offline Send an Email to Metaliant Homepage of Metaliant Search for Posts by Metaliant Add Metaliant to your Buddy List MSN Screenname: The Legend
meridianday meridianday is a Female
Galaxy Girl

I am a Devilstar.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 27-06-2001

spacer

I'd also have gone with Sep not Kep.

And I'm in the "I"-"F" camp.

And cond-or

I'd also have pronounced it I'm-a-cutie-zee Rainbow

Apparently the word pronunciation is always pronounced incorrectly.

Devilstar Mallanox : "My mother was Irish and my father was an alien. I was an only child and I dress funny." Devilstar

No new posts 14-05-2007 21:34 meridianday is offline Send an Email to meridianday Homepage of meridianday Search for Posts by meridianday Add meridianday to your Buddy List
Transmute Jun Transmute Jun is a Female
Queen of the Bird Missiles

I am a Swan.

40 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 04-04-2007

spacer

I hope it really is 'Sep' or poor Cep is having everyone mis-pronounce his name!

I'm also in the 'Eye' 'Eff' and CondOR camps.

No new posts 14-05-2007 23:27 Transmute Jun is offline Send an Email to Transmute Jun Homepage of Transmute Jun Search for Posts by Transmute Jun Add Transmute Jun to your Buddy List
clouddancer clouddancer is a Female
Gatchamaniac

I am an Owl.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 10-04-2007

spacer

I too have always "thought" Sep.

And say 'Eye Eff' and 'Con dor'.

As for Imaqtz. It has been Im(Oh! Her)
Meridian I love your *guess*

No new posts 14-05-2007 23:50 clouddancer is offline Send an Email to clouddancer Search for Posts by clouddancer Add clouddancer to your Buddy List
Springie Springie is a Female
Her Royal Fluffiness...Swan of Swans...

I am a Swan.

6 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 12-06-2006

spacer

I agree with TJ and Cloud dancer...and everyone eelse who says "Sep" and "EYE EFF" and "Cond- OR" Grouprainbow

There is no problem that cannot be solved with time, patience, and a judicious amount of high explosives.

No new posts 15-05-2007 01:28 Springie is offline Send an Email to Springie Homepage of Springie Search for Posts by Springie Add Springie to your Buddy List YIM Screenname: Springie MSN Screenname: Springie
Cep Cep is a Male
Board Pirate

I am a Galactor.

spacer

Then you are all correct! Absolutely correct! biggrin2

No new posts 15-05-2007 08:59 Cep is offline Send an Email to Cep Homepage of Cep Search for Posts by Cep Add Cep to your Buddy List Add Cep to your Contact List AIM Screenname: cepeleon
imaqtz
Forum God

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

spacer

Wow! I had no idea I was the only one calling Cep..."K-E-P"!! Eek3

Talk about speaking in tongues! LOL! jew
thanks for that startling bit of info! I stand corrected!

As for the rest:

Definately call IF's.."EYE..EFF's

think of myself as "EE..MEE"

And Merry almost got it right with "Im a cutie..ZED"

Then again, depends on whether one finishes their alphabet with " X..Y ZEE or "X..Y..ZED" depending on country!

Also Im in the Cond-OR camp.....but that was just a sneeky ruse to get everyone to Say condor..and go one up on the Condor/ Swannie Rules competitive streak weve been displaying lately.. Sneeky

count 'em Cep! ( as in now clarified "SEP")

heh heh heh

No new posts 15-05-2007 13:22 imaqtz is offline Send an Email to imaqtz Search for Posts by imaqtz Add imaqtz to your Buddy List
SJ_SwanJun SJ_SwanJun is a Female
Forum Goddess

I am a Red Squadron.

9 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 26-04-2007

spacer

Heh ...

Okay, so I am the only one who is so lazy as to call an IF "if"...

AND I WILL CONTINUE TO DO SO!!

Because that's me ... snicker I am a lazy speaking devil ...

Surprising considering when I write anything I appear so damned long-winded.

At least I got Cep right neeners at Imi And I know it was our convo that got this thread started ... LOL!!

Ahhh, SJ. I am the queen of mispronounciation. You should hear how I pronounced "Katse" until corrected by our glorious ex-condor...

As for Condor? I do pronounce it Condor, as written. I even accentuate the "r" like the yanks ...

And here I am griping about "Aussie" and "emu" ...

BWAAAHAHAHAHAHA!!

SJ

Sighhh

Why do men snore when lying on their backs?
Because their balls fall over their butt holes and they vapour lock.

No new posts 15-05-2007 13:37 SJ_SwanJun is offline Send an Email to SJ_SwanJun Search for Posts by SJ_SwanJun Add SJ_SwanJun to your Buddy List
imaqtz
Forum God

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

spacer

Hmmmmmmm? * arches brow ever so slightly , with a barely perceptiple twitch of the eye, not having missed the "ex condor" gauntlet thrown..all the while thinking of the last hapless victim who tried to get a rise from the Condor, and found themselves in a compromising position against a pole*

Surely you aint thinking this Frisking Condor is having a go at a Swan who comes in well equipped with yo yo bombs, whips and other lethal Weapons of Corruption? Angel3

This is an Emuless Imi who has made so many International Calls to various members throughout the years here, and has only now, (yes after our 2 hour convo whoo hoo and glomps to SJ! ) plucked up the courage to see exactly what* I'm* pronouncing or mispronouncing
and good question! I pronounce Gatch Zoltar as " Cut-se"

Im soooo gonna cringe if I get this one wrong..bad enough I've been thinking of Cep .. as Kep all this time!

( and you BlackSwan are sooo gonna cringe if you try to get that damn condor out of retirement )

No new posts 15-05-2007 14:32 imaqtz is offline Send an Email to imaqtz Search for Posts by imaqtz Add imaqtz to your Buddy List
Forum Goddess

I am a Red Squadron.

9 fics uploaded

spacer

quote:
Originally posted by imaqtz
Hmmmmmmm? * arches brow ever so slightly , with a barely perceptiple twitch of the eye, not having missed the "ex condor" gauntlet thrown..all the while thinking of the last hapless victim who tried to get a rise from the Condor, and found themselves in a compromising position against a pole*

Surely you aint thinking this Frisking Condor is having a go at a Swan who comes in well equipped with yo yo bombs, whips and other lethal Weapons of Corruption? Angel3

<snip>

( and you BlackSwan are sooo gonna cringe if you try to get that damn condor out of retirement )

Yawns and shrugs a shoulder in a nonchalant manner as she smooths down the hem of her itty-bitty black skirt to hide the cat'o'nine tails whip holstered safetly at her thigh

Promises ... promises ....

Sighhh

No new posts 15-05-2007 14:40 SJ_SwanJun is offline Send an Email to SJ_SwanJun Search for Posts by SJ_SwanJun Add SJ_SwanJun to your Buddy List
imaqtz
Forum God

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

spacer

brushes up behind her and with a hint of a smirk, whispers in her ear

Careful what you wish for girlie...

No new posts 15-05-2007 14:51 imaqtz is offline Send an Email to imaqtz Search for Posts by imaqtz Add imaqtz to your Buddy List
Forum Goddess

I am a Red Squadron.

9 fics uploaded

spacer

The corner of her eye twitches as the hot breath of the "EX" ghosts down the back of her neck. The twitch is replaced by a snark as she abruptly snarls and spins on the ball of her foot to shove him/her with her chest up against the wall.

Her voice is a low and deadly purr as she runs her fingertip down the chest of the once-was Condor

That's "bitch" to you .... I ain't no girlie girl ...

snaps teeth just shy of the ear, then turns on her heel and laughs as she flicks her hand dismissively

An Eagle is better than a Condor, anyhow .... more of a challenge ...

Hums "Who's afraid of the big bad condor" as she sashays her hips in a walk to the other side of the room - toward the beer fridge

<chuckles low>

Sorry, couldn't resist ...

Sighhh

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by SJ_SwanJun on 15-05-2007 at 15:11.
Reason: Would help if I could type
No new posts 15-05-2007 15:10 SJ_SwanJun is offline Send an Email to SJ_SwanJun Search for Posts by SJ_SwanJun Add SJ_SwanJun to your Buddy List
Cep Cep is a Male
Board Pirate

I am a Galactor.

spacer

Think I will pull up a seat and watch this Sofa

No new posts 15-05-2007 15:25 Cep is offline Send an Email to Cep Homepage of Cep Search for Posts by Cep Add Cep to your Buddy List Add Cep to your Contact List AIM Screenname: cepeleon
clouddancer clouddancer is a Female
Gatchamaniac

I am an Owl.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 10-04-2007

spacer

Can I join you?

Here I brought you a beer. Booze
Didn't know you had a fridge in here.

No new posts 15-05-2007 15:40 clouddancer is offline Send an Email to clouddancer Search for Posts by clouddancer Add clouddancer to your Buddy List
imaqtz
Forum God

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

spacer

His metalic steel gaze never wavers from SwanJun's departing form, darkening, as it follows her to the beer fridge, clenched teeth pulsating his jaw, betraying the urge to act on his impulse and wipe that smugness from her. That little show of public display has already caused a ripple of interested bystanders, further darkening his mood momentarily.

It is his other impulse however that releases him from that hotflash reaction, a begrudging admiration for her fiestiness, as well as her other attributes.

Shoving off the wall, he covers the distance and is at the now open beer fridge . Before Swanjun can lean in to retrieve her beloved beer, Condor grabs a beer before her, spinning around to face her, as one foot slams the fridge door shut behind him. They both face off for a moment, until he quirks a smile, laconically leaning back against the fridge, foot still on the fridge door.

Expertly pops beer open , tilts head back and takes a swig, amused eyes slowly travelling up and down her form.

"Sweetcakes, Ive been many things, from near engaged to yaoi, Ive yet to be a SHIM. I let Berg Katse do the he/she thang.Perhaps your heavily mascaraed and lipsticked Eagle can pander to your needs , if you are into THAT kind of challenge.

Hands her his beer

Until you can tell the difference between an RP male character and a female persona ,sorry , but I can resist.

Has the temerity to wink before casually sauntering out of this thread.

Smoke3 Condor

No new posts 15-05-2007 16:46 imaqtz is offline Send an Email to imaqtz Search for Posts by imaqtz Add imaqtz to your Buddy List
[1]  2  next »  --> Members browsing this thread: none Pages (2): [1]  2  next » 
Post New Thread Post Reply
Rate Thread: 

very bad very bad 

very good very good 

Go to: