Gatchamania.net
Register Memberlist Staff Search FAQ Arcade Calendar Gallery Filebase Forums Home  

Gatchamania.net »[Speak Up!] »General Discussion » What's for Dinner?
Print Page | Recommend to Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Pages (3): « previous  1  [2]  3  next »  Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page What's for Dinner?
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Transmute Jun Transmute Jun is a Female
Queen of the Bird Missiles

I am a Swan.

40 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 04-04-2007

spacer
Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator        IP Information Go to the top of this page

Ugh. I'm not eating dinner anymore... part of my diet. I need to lose some poundage!!!!

No new posts 03-05-2007 14:32 Transmute Jun is offline Send an Email to Transmute Jun Homepage of Transmute Jun Search for Posts by Transmute Jun Add Transmute Jun to your Buddy List
meridianday meridianday is a Female
Galaxy Girl

I am a Devilstar.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 27-06-2001

spacer
Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator        IP Information Go to the top of this page

I have had a mixed grill for dinner tonight - I was going to cook pork chops and steamed veg, but the place where we went out to is so cheap that we could just about buy the meat and cook it ourselves for the price of the whole meal there. It's in the middle of an urban nature reserve too - about 1 square mile of nature surrounded by factories and polluted waterways and a big shopping mall. When you're surrounded by the trees and looking at the bluebell wood, it's only the traffic noise that suggests that there are suburbs stretching out for a minimum of 3 miles all around it.

Devilstar Mallanox : "My mother was Irish and my father was an alien. I was an only child and I dress funny." Devilstar

No new posts 03-05-2007 19:32 meridianday is offline Send an Email to meridianday Homepage of meridianday Search for Posts by meridianday Add meridianday to your Buddy List
Lolabella Lolabella is a Female
Boardie

I am a Swan.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 05-04-2004

spacer

That sounds like a lovely way to enjoy a meal. Were you able to dine al fresco?

No new posts 03-05-2007 19:55 Lolabella is offline Send an Email to Lolabella Search for Posts by Lolabella Add Lolabella to your Buddy List AIM Screenname: LolabellaG3
Galaxy Girl

I am a Devilstar.

0 fics uploaded

spacer

Not quite a warm enough evening for that - and too many flies unfortunately. But we waited outside until the food arrived, since it's got a decent children's play area too.

Devilstar Mallanox : "My mother was Irish and my father was an alien. I was an only child and I dress funny." Devilstar

No new posts 03-05-2007 21:55 meridianday is offline Send an Email to meridianday Homepage of meridianday Search for Posts by meridianday Add meridianday to your Buddy List
CricketBeautiful
Forum God

I am a Zark.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 04-04-2004

spacer

I've started using the oven timer. You know, you put stuff in, then tell it to turn on at 4:00.

I try to start it around 2:30, just before leaving to pick up the kids, so the raw food's not in for too long, and add an extra 15 minutes for it to warm up.

Put lids on everything, and add a bit extra water, then take the lids off when we're back from school if I want things crispier.

It even works for rice (add an extra 1/8cup water, and grease the dish first for easy clean-up. Bit crusty on top at times.)

Root veggies, stir them in a touch of oil and wrap a cup or so in foil. Haven't tried them just in a dish yet. Taters just bake or cut in cubes and season and dry-roast, or scalloped.

- Viktor E. Frankl

No new posts 04-05-2007 13:19 CricketBeautiful is offline Send an Email to CricketBeautiful Homepage of CricketBeautiful Search for Posts by CricketBeautiful Add CricketBeautiful to your Buddy List YIM Screenname: cricketbeautiful MSN Screenname: cricketbeautiful@hotmail.com
Boardie

I am a Swan.

0 fics uploaded

spacer

That's a great idea Cricket! I'm always afraid to use my oven timer. With the warmer summer months just around the bend, I tend to use my grill on a nightly basis.

Dinner tonight will be out. I'm meeting my best galpal for drinks, movie, and then dinner. She says she needs a mini-vacation from her family. Not sure where we will end up for dinner though.

No new posts 04-05-2007 13:32 Lolabella is offline Send an Email to Lolabella Search for Posts by Lolabella Add Lolabella to your Buddy List AIM Screenname: LolabellaG3
imaqtz
Forum God

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 17-07-2001

spacer

oh do make it somewhere fancy! For a mini-vacation from family outing , gal-pal will enjoy eating something that isnt wrapped in paper, and doesnt come with a little toy!

and whateva you do NEVER bring up the family in conversation...that alone will seem like a mini break! lol!

No new posts 04-05-2007 16:36 imaqtz is offline Send an Email to imaqtz Search for Posts by imaqtz Add imaqtz to your Buddy List
Boardie

I am a Swan.

0 fics uploaded

spacer

hee...she wants to go to very adult-like place for Martinis. The place is called Twist and Olive.

It'll give a chance to get all doll-ed up and be pretentious. Well...we will pretend to at least.

Spit

No family talk! We usually end up talking about the our high school hijinx and all the boys that we used to make out with. Smirk

No new posts 04-05-2007 18:26 Lolabella is offline Send an Email to Lolabella Search for Posts by Lolabella Add Lolabella to your Buddy List AIM Screenname: LolabellaG3
imaqtz
Forum God

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

spacer

Good Girl. thumbsup2

As wives, we cant stop talking /bitching/whining about the hubby; as mothers we can endlessly talk/boast/whine about the kids yet there are very few times you can actually just take a breather and talk about yourself!

so Im so glad you girls are gonna have fun living it up and reminiscing about those carefree days! Enjoy!!

Elfgrin1

No new posts 05-05-2007 17:09 imaqtz is offline Send an Email to imaqtz Search for Posts by imaqtz Add imaqtz to your Buddy List
Boardie

I am a Swan.

0 fics uploaded

spacer

Well, my dinner ended up being a watermelon martini last night. My friend forgot about dinner and intended to save her appetite for movie house popcorn so she had a late lunch.

When we arrived at the movie theater we discovered that the movie we (actually she) wanted to see ended the previous night. The place was swarming with kids wanting to see Spiderman 3 and we decided to come back on another occassion.

So we headed to the martini bar.

No new posts 05-05-2007 18:02 Lolabella is offline Send an Email to Lolabella Search for Posts by Lolabella Add Lolabella to your Buddy List AIM Screenname: LolabellaG3
imaqtz
Forum God

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

spacer

Drunk

No new posts 05-05-2007 20:35 imaqtz is offline Send an Email to imaqtz Search for Posts by imaqtz Add imaqtz to your Buddy List
Cep Cep is a Male
Board Pirate

I am a Galactor.

Registration Date: 22-01-2004

spacer

I went cinema the other night to watch Wild Hogs (good film) and there was a guy dressed like spider man, wish I had taken a pic he actually looked like the real spiderman from the movie!

Gatchamania.net Administrator Gatch

No new posts 06-05-2007 21:18 Cep is offline Send an Email to Cep Homepage of Cep Search for Posts by Cep Add Cep to your Buddy List Add Cep to your Contact List AIM Screenname: cepeleon
Boardie

I am a Swan.

0 fics uploaded

spacer

In keeping with the theme of the thread...did you have popcorn at the movie theater? Are you one of those that gets the big tub and goes back for refills.

Me, personally, am not a popcorn muncher. If someone else buys it/makes it and it's out...then I snack on it. I remember when my mom used to make it on the stove.

No new posts 06-05-2007 22:43 Lolabella is offline Send an Email to Lolabella Search for Posts by Lolabella Add Lolabella to your Buddy List AIM Screenname: LolabellaG3
Metaliant Metaliant is a Male
Gatchamaniac

I am an Eagle.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 06-06-2005

spacer

quote:
Originally posted by Cep
I went cinema the other night to watch Wild Hogs (good film) and there was a guy dressed like spider man, wish I had taken a pic he actually looked like the real spiderman from the movie!

There was a crossover from Spiderman and Wild Hogs? Nice film.

All I had for my tea was chese and biscuits. I was planning to have something else but couldn't be bothered.

No new posts 07-05-2007 09:13 Metaliant is offline Send an Email to Metaliant Homepage of Metaliant Search for Posts by Metaliant Add Metaliant to your Buddy List MSN Screenname: The Legend
Boardie

I am a Swan.

0 fics uploaded

spacer

Dinner last night was chicken salad on whole wheat. Then I made one of those single serving Betty Crocker brownie mixes. It comes out all hot and gooey out of the microwave. I chased it down with a cold glass of milk.

Cow

No new posts 07-05-2007 12:25 Lolabella is offline Send an Email to Lolabella Search for Posts by Lolabella Add Lolabella to your Buddy List AIM Screenname: LolabellaG3
Galaxy Girl

I am a Devilstar.

0 fics uploaded

spacer

My dinner last night was a rather nice chicken tikka karahi from the local balti district. Yummm! It turns out they do chicken nuggets and chips for the fussy kid as well. My husband's vindaloo was so hot it gave him hiccups hungry Happy Shock

No new posts 07-05-2007 13:21 meridianday is offline Send an Email to meridianday Homepage of meridianday Search for Posts by meridianday Add meridianday to your Buddy List
Boardie

I am a Swan.

0 fics uploaded

spacer

Wow Meri!! Your dinner sounds fantatic!! Much better than mine. I had to look up you dished on wikipedia because I've never heard of them. Honestly, we need better restaurants (more ethnic) where I live.

No new posts 07-05-2007 14:06 Lolabella is offline Send an Email to Lolabella Search for Posts by Lolabella Add Lolabella to your Buddy List AIM Screenname: LolabellaG3
Gatchamaniac

I am an Eagle.

0 fics uploaded

spacer

quote:
Originally posted by meridianday
My dinner last night was a rather nice chicken tikka karahi from the local balti district. Yummm! It turns out they do chicken nuggets and chips for the fussy kid as well. My husband's vindaloo was so hot it gave him hiccups hungry Happy Shock

These are supposdly Indian meals, but us Brits invented them for Friday and Saturday nights out after drinking too much. Drunk Toilet2

No new posts 07-05-2007 16:42 Metaliant is offline Send an Email to Metaliant Homepage of Metaliant Search for Posts by Metaliant Add Metaliant to your Buddy List MSN Screenname: The Legend
Boardie

I am a Swan.

0 fics uploaded

spacer

quote:
Originally posted by Metaliant
quote:
Originally posted by meridianday

These are supposdly Indian meals, but us Brits invented them for Friday and Saturday nights out after drinking too much. Drunk Toilet2

We tend to do Taco Bell after a much celebrated Friday or Saturday night. Smile

No new posts 07-05-2007 16:46 Lolabella is offline Send an Email to Lolabella Search for Posts by Lolabella Add Lolabella to your Buddy List AIM Screenname: LolabellaG3
Gatchamaniac

I am an Eagle.

0 fics uploaded

spacer

You wouldn't beleive it but I am actually going to be boring for tea. Just a chicken sandwich.

No new posts 07-05-2007 16:51 Metaliant is offline Send an Email to Metaliant Homepage of Metaliant Search for Posts by Metaliant Add Metaliant to your Buddy List MSN Screenname: The Legend
« previous  1  [2]  3  next »  --> Members browsing this thread: none Pages (3): « previous  1  [2]  3  next » 
Post New Thread Post Reply
Rate Thread: 

very bad very bad 

very good very good 

Go to: