Gatchamania.net
Register Memberlist Staff Search FAQ Arcade Calendar Gallery Filebase Forums Home  

Gatchamania.net »[Speak Up!] »General Discussion » What's for Dinner?
Print Page | Recommend to Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Pages (3): [1]  2  3  next »  Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page What's for Dinner?
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Lolabella Lolabella is a Female
Boardie

I am a Swan.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 05-04-2004

spacer
What's for Dinner? Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator        IP Information Go to the top of this page

This is an ongoing thread on another board that I belong to and since we have an international audience here, I thought it would be interesting to see what everyone cooks, bakes, or orders out. Recipes can be exchanged.

Everyone bonds over food,right.

And do you call it dinner? Supper? Or something else.

No new posts 02-05-2007 16:13 Lolabella is offline Send an Email to Lolabella Search for Posts by Lolabella Add Lolabella to your Buddy List AIM Screenname: LolabellaG3
gatchgirl
Babbling Loonie

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 08-03-2006

spacer
Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator        IP Information Go to the top of this page

sometimes my "late" meal is breakfast since I work at night. Although springie can vow that it's not always breakfast food... (was chatting with her while I ate it)

Racer by day, Feather Thrower all the time!

No new posts 02-05-2007 16:28 gatchgirl is offline Send an Email to gatchgirl Search for Posts by gatchgirl Add gatchgirl to your Buddy List
clouddancer clouddancer is a Female
Gatchamaniac

I am an Owl.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 10-04-2007

spacer
Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator        IP Information Go to the top of this page

I call the meal dinner, but when use that word with my students I get the strangest looks. Silly

Tonight I plan on having steak, done on the BBQ, and salad for dinner. I may end up bringing home roast chicken, depending on how long my staff meeting goes on.

No new posts 02-05-2007 16:40 clouddancer is offline Send an Email to clouddancer Search for Posts by clouddancer Add clouddancer to your Buddy List
Boardie

I am a Swan.

0 fics uploaded

spacer

Hey CD...we are thinking alike!!

I just ran to the grocery store on my lunch hour and I picked up some steak kabobs from the butcher that I plan on grillling. I also picked up a bag of lettuce too!!

I probably won't steamed this tonight, but I also picked up the hugest artichoke that I've ever seen.

oh...and I do the roasted chickens alot too. It's nice to have for dinner and then make a sandwich or taco's from the leftovers the next night.

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by Lolabella on 02-05-2007 at 17:04.
No new posts 02-05-2007 16:59 Lolabella is offline Send an Email to Lolabella Search for Posts by Lolabella Add Lolabella to your Buddy List AIM Screenname: LolabellaG3
Metaliant Metaliant is a Male
Gatchamaniac

I am an Eagle.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 06-06-2005

spacer

hungry

No new posts 02-05-2007 17:57 Metaliant is offline Send an Email to Metaliant Homepage of Metaliant Search for Posts by Metaliant Add Metaliant to your Buddy List MSN Screenname: The Legend
clouddancer clouddancer is a Female
Gatchamaniac

I am an Owl.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 10-04-2007

spacer

quote:
Originally posted by Lolabella
clip....
won't steamed this tonight, but I also picked up the hugest artichoke that I've ever seen.

Artichokes have been on sale with me just recently. I have looked at them and wondered what to do with them. /How to cook and eat them./ So, you steam them do you? Then what?

No new posts 02-05-2007 18:24 clouddancer is offline Send an Email to clouddancer Search for Posts by clouddancer Add clouddancer to your Buddy List
Boardie

I am a Swan.

0 fics uploaded

spacer

Artichokes are one of my most favorite foods!

First, I snipe the tops off of all the leaves and then I put them in a deep pot of boiling water and put a lid on it. Make sure the water covers the artichoke completely. Depending on the size, I usually boil them for about 45 minutes. Meanwhile I microwave a 1/2 stick of butter with some garlic for dipping.

Once artichokes are done they are very soft. You break off the leaves dip in butter and skim them between your teeth to get the delicate 'meat' off of them.

SOOOOO GOOOD!!

No new posts 02-05-2007 18:42 Lolabella is offline Send an Email to Lolabella Search for Posts by Lolabella Add Lolabella to your Buddy List AIM Screenname: LolabellaG3
SJ_SwanJun SJ_SwanJun is a Female
Forum Goddess

I am a Red Squadron.

9 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 26-04-2007

spacer

Ooh ... I am lazy considering I am recovering from a girl's night out (baby free, husband free!!) ... So I will try to convince Flash to let us do takeout tonight.

I have a hankering for Vietnamese food.

Chances are We'll end up doing Hungry Man TV dinners ...

Usually we eat well, but every once in a while I'm just too freaking lazy and too freaking tired to worry about such trivial shit as dishes ...

Oh, and I call it "Tea"

"Dinner" is lunch

and Breakfast is "Brekkie"

And gosh darn I would kill for a damn Petrol Station nuked meat pie!

SJ

Sighhh

Why do men snore when lying on their backs?
Because their balls fall over their butt holes and they vapour lock.

No new posts 02-05-2007 20:06 SJ_SwanJun is offline Send an Email to SJ_SwanJun Search for Posts by SJ_SwanJun Add SJ_SwanJun to your Buddy List
Gatchamaniac

I am an Eagle.

0 fics uploaded

spacer

Brekkie, I like that. Depends on what I have but if it's not full blown dinner, then it's lunch and tea but if I am having full blown meal, eg roast beef, then it's dinner, whether it's at lunch time or tea time.

No new posts 02-05-2007 20:44 Metaliant is offline Send an Email to Metaliant Homepage of Metaliant Search for Posts by Metaliant Add Metaliant to your Buddy List MSN Screenname: The Legend
Boardie

I am a Swan.

0 fics uploaded

spacer

So...what is usually eaten at 'Tea'? Is that a lighter meal? Is the 'Tea' the focus?

In Mexican culture, the afternoon meal is the biggest one of the day. Followed by an afternoon siesta. Sleep3

No new posts 02-05-2007 20:49 Lolabella is offline Send an Email to Lolabella Search for Posts by Lolabella Add Lolabella to your Buddy List AIM Screenname: LolabellaG3
Gatchamaniac

I am an Eagle.

0 fics uploaded

spacer

They have siesta's in Spain as I found out as I was trying to get a roll of film developed in Ibiza.

To mean, Tea is just a lighter meal for example cheese and biscuits with pork pie or scotch egg or, just pie and chips from the chippy (Fish and Chip shop)

No new posts 02-05-2007 20:56 Metaliant is offline Send an Email to Metaliant Homepage of Metaliant Search for Posts by Metaliant Add Metaliant to your Buddy List MSN Screenname: The Legend
Boardie

I am a Swan.

0 fics uploaded

spacer

quote:
Originally posted by Metaliant
They have siesta's in Spain as I found out as I was trying to get a roll of film developed in Ibiza.
To mean, Tea is just a lighter meal for example cheese and biscuits with pork pie or scotch egg or, just pie and chips from the chippy (Fish and Chip shop)

You visited Ibiza?!!?!?! That is one place that is on my list of places to visit!!

No new posts 02-05-2007 21:09 Lolabella is offline Send an Email to Lolabella Search for Posts by Lolabella Add Lolabella to your Buddy List AIM Screenname: LolabellaG3
meridianday meridianday is a Female
Galaxy Girl

I am a Devilstar.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 27-06-2001

spacer

Lots of brits go to Ibiza. Lots of germans too....

I think I've been to Ibiza about 6 times in the last 10 years.

Devilstar Mallanox : "My mother was Irish and my father was an alien. I was an only child and I dress funny." Devilstar

No new posts 02-05-2007 21:12 meridianday is offline Send an Email to meridianday Homepage of meridianday Search for Posts by meridianday Add meridianday to your Buddy List
Gatchamaniac

I am an Eagle.

0 fics uploaded

spacer

I think there's a section across the bay in San Antonia where I have been that has Americans and possibly French but can't remember.

No new posts 02-05-2007 21:15 Metaliant is offline Send an Email to Metaliant Homepage of Metaliant Search for Posts by Metaliant Add Metaliant to your Buddy List MSN Screenname: The Legend
gatchgirl
Babbling Loonie

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 08-03-2006

spacer

so many foods above sound really good.

Lola thanks for the imput on artichokes, I've often wondered myself how to prepare and eat them...

Are they kinda bland without the garlic butter sauce? Some here will not eat anything with spices..

Remind me to ask the board fot food help!

Racer by day, Feather Thrower all the time!

No new posts 03-05-2007 01:07 gatchgirl is offline Send an Email to gatchgirl Search for Posts by gatchgirl Add gatchgirl to your Buddy List
Gatchamaniac

I am an Eagle.

0 fics uploaded

spacer

What? Help to eat it hungry or help to cook it Microwave ?

No new posts 03-05-2007 08:33 Metaliant is offline Send an Email to Metaliant Homepage of Metaliant Search for Posts by Metaliant Add Metaliant to your Buddy List MSN Screenname: The Legend
Cep Cep is a Male
Board Pirate

I am a Galactor.

Registration Date: 22-01-2004

spacer

To me Dinner is the meal served at 5:00pm - 7:00pm

At the moment my lady and I are very heavily into Nando's when eating out.

Gatchamania.net Administrator Gatch

No new posts 03-05-2007 08:36 Cep is offline Send an Email to Cep Homepage of Cep Search for Posts by Cep Add Cep to your Buddy List Add Cep to your Contact List AIM Screenname: cepeleon
Boardie

I am a Swan.

0 fics uploaded

spacer

What is Nandos?

Last night's dinner was ruined. I put the steak kabobs on the grill and forgot about them. I like a good medium rare steak and these were over done...bleh!!

No dinner for me tonight as I go from one job to the next. Frown

No new posts 03-05-2007 13:16 Lolabella is offline Send an Email to Lolabella Search for Posts by Lolabella Add Lolabella to your Buddy List AIM Screenname: LolabellaG3
Cep Cep is a Male
Board Pirate

I am a Galactor.

Registration Date: 22-01-2004

spacer

Its a Portuguese....restaurant I guess you would call it that.

Basically everything on the menu is chicken and you place an order at the bar and then the food is brought to you but we looooooooove nandos, the peri peri sauce is lovely even if we are cowards and go for the lemon spice level.

There is lemon, medium, spicy and extreme peri peri sauce. I tried medium once and I couldn't taste the chicken Big Grin

Gatchamania.net Administrator Gatch

No new posts 03-05-2007 13:52 Cep is offline Send an Email to Cep Homepage of Cep Search for Posts by Cep Add Cep to your Buddy List Add Cep to your Contact List AIM Screenname: cepeleon
Boardie

I am a Swan.

0 fics uploaded

spacer

See...I don't even know what Porteguese food consists of...but it sounds good!! I'm a foodie and will try anything new. But, I don't even think that there is a Porteguese restaurant anywhere around here. I'd probably have to go to a bigger city that is nearby, like Chicago.

No new posts 03-05-2007 14:14 Lolabella is offline Send an Email to Lolabella Search for Posts by Lolabella Add Lolabella to your Buddy List AIM Screenname: LolabellaG3
[1]  2  3  next »  --> Members browsing this thread: none Pages (3): [1]  2  3  next » 
Post New Thread Post Reply
Rate Thread: 

very bad very bad 

very good very good 

Go to: