Gatchamania.net
Register Memberlist Staff Search FAQ Arcade Calendar Gallery Filebase Forums Home  

Gatchamania.net »[Speak Up!] »General Discussion » MyHeritage
Print Page | Recommend to Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Pages (3): « previous  1  [2]  3  next »  Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page MyHeritage
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
imaqtz
Forum God

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 17-07-2001

spacer
Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator        IP Information Go to the top of this page

then explain how it came up as Sj's!!!

ROTFL!!

No new posts 26-04-2007 15:05 imaqtz is offline Send an Email to imaqtz Search for Posts by imaqtz Add imaqtz to your Buddy List
Metaliant Metaliant is a Male
Gatchamaniac

I am an Eagle.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 06-06-2005

spacer
Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator        IP Information Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by meridianday
Yep, Mythbusters is on in the UK. Very entertaining, but I can't remember if it's only on satellite/cable or if it's on terrestrial channels too.

And yes, Adam should have come up as one of Metaliant's lookalikes. Definitely.

It can't be on terrestrial channels otherwise I would have seen it and since having Freeview, I can't have the Discovery channel unless I pay for the Top Up TV thingy and then I may have the discovery channel.

No new posts 27-04-2007 11:58 Metaliant is offline Send an Email to Metaliant Homepage of Metaliant Search for Posts by Metaliant Add Metaliant to your Buddy List MSN Screenname: The Legend
Gatchamaniac

I am an Eagle.

0 fics uploaded

spacer

quote:
Originally posted by clouddancer
Now I know why I thought about Mythbusters
myself.
/Just could not understand where the connection was made./ Question

Adam(bearded guy) and Jamie(glasses guy) love to debunk myths. Esp. movie myths about guns and car crashes etc.

check out this link. http://dsc.discovery.com/fansites/mythbu...bout/about.html

Not sure if I am doing the link correctly. search

The link works and I am going to send it to several workmates to see what they thing and bloody hell, you right, I do look like him.

No new posts 27-04-2007 12:04 Metaliant is offline Send an Email to Metaliant Homepage of Metaliant Search for Posts by Metaliant Add Metaliant to your Buddy List MSN Screenname: The Legend
CricketBeautiful
Forum God

I am a Zark.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 04-04-2004

spacer

Definitely Adam, but missing the "I can't believe I get paid to do this!" look.

My parents have satellite, and there was a MythBusters marathon at Christmas. We taped it and watched an ep or two a day. Got a bit worried about the kids wanting to actually try some of those things.

- Viktor E. Frankl

No new posts 27-04-2007 22:34 CricketBeautiful is offline Send an Email to CricketBeautiful Homepage of CricketBeautiful Search for Posts by CricketBeautiful Add CricketBeautiful to your Buddy List YIM Screenname: cricketbeautiful MSN Screenname: cricketbeautiful@hotmail.com
SJ_SwanJun SJ_SwanJun is a Female
Forum Goddess

I am a Red Squadron.

9 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 26-04-2007

spacer

Heh Heh speaking of: This week's episode looks cool. The guys are making a gigantic freaking speaker cone to put in the back of a car.

And knowing the guys ... it's going to be a doozy.

SJ

Sighhh

Why do men snore when lying on their backs?
Because their balls fall over their butt holes and they vapour lock.

No new posts 28-04-2007 23:51 SJ_SwanJun is offline Send an Email to SJ_SwanJun Search for Posts by SJ_SwanJun Add SJ_SwanJun to your Buddy List
Gatchamaniac

I am an Eagle.

0 fics uploaded

spacer

Why? Ad here I thougt I was mad. loopy

No new posts 29-04-2007 09:06 Metaliant is offline Send an Email to Metaliant Homepage of Metaliant Search for Posts by Metaliant Add Metaliant to your Buddy List MSN Screenname: The Legend
meridianday meridianday is a Female
Galaxy Girl

I am a Devilstar.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 27-06-2001

spacer

Hah, that's the one where they're trying to see whether a loud soundsystem can literally shake a car to bits isn't it?

I love the one where they do that thing that involves putting methane into huge columns of soap bubbles and then setting fire to them. Can't remember what it had to do with any kind of myth but it looked good.

Devilstar Mallanox : "My mother was Irish and my father was an alien. I was an only child and I dress funny." Devilstar

No new posts 29-04-2007 13:21 meridianday is offline Send an Email to meridianday Homepage of meridianday Search for Posts by meridianday Add meridianday to your Buddy List
imaqtz
Forum God

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 17-07-2001

spacer

Did they even need an excuse to blow up ,shred, and destroy nearly anything they touched "in the name of science"? Inverted1 Damn they are the coolest!! Makes me almost enjoy physics!

best of mythbusters!

No new posts 30-04-2007 16:49 imaqtz is offline Send an Email to imaqtz Search for Posts by imaqtz Add imaqtz to your Buddy List
Gatchamaniac

I am an Eagle.

0 fics uploaded

spacer

OOOOOOooooo, I am bookmark this and watch it all weekend.

No new posts 30-04-2007 19:20 Metaliant is offline Send an Email to Metaliant Homepage of Metaliant Search for Posts by Metaliant Add Metaliant to your Buddy List MSN Screenname: The Legend
Lolabella Lolabella is a Female
Boardie

I am a Swan.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 05-04-2004

spacer

I remember doing this awhile back and I think it came up as Helena Christiansen and my male counterpart was Jon Bon Jovi. It must have had something to do with the way my bangs were in the picture.

The only person I've ever been told I look like is Jasmine Bleeth (the face not the body).

No new posts 30-04-2007 19:42 Lolabella is offline Send an Email to Lolabella Search for Posts by Lolabella Add Lolabella to your Buddy List AIM Screenname: LolabellaG3
Forum Goddess

I am a Red Squadron.

9 fics uploaded

spacer

I remember them blowing up a house in the name of mythbusting .. The roach-bomb one.

The house didn't blow, they got all pissy, then MADE SURE they exploded the place.

Or what about the Cement mixer one? Couldn't confirm the myth, not enough bang, so they filled the whole darn thing with TNT ...

Or when they had Adam fart into a bottle so thay could analyze the contents of a fart to see if you could actually gas yourself to death ...

Heh.

Sighhh

No new posts 30-04-2007 20:01 SJ_SwanJun is offline Send an Email to SJ_SwanJun Search for Posts by SJ_SwanJun Add SJ_SwanJun to your Buddy List
CricketBeautiful
Forum God

I am a Zark.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 04-04-2004

spacer

OOOh, so glad they're still making them. Parents said the ones we saw at Xmas were all reruns, so I'd assumed the worst.

We'll keep it as a surprise for the kids.

- Viktor E. Frankl

No new posts 30-04-2007 20:50 CricketBeautiful is offline Send an Email to CricketBeautiful Homepage of CricketBeautiful Search for Posts by CricketBeautiful Add CricketBeautiful to your Buddy List YIM Screenname: cricketbeautiful MSN Screenname: cricketbeautiful@hotmail.com
clouddancer clouddancer is a Female
Gatchamaniac

I am an Owl.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 10-04-2007

spacer

These guys love to go all out.

They love to see a big bang. Take the exploding pants for example, .... or the exploding trombone
And give Jamie a gun, he is always looking for a bigger bang. gasthrower

Perhaps they have some condor in them. Smirk

No new posts 30-04-2007 21:18 clouddancer is offline Send an Email to clouddancer Search for Posts by clouddancer Add clouddancer to your Buddy List
Galaxy Girl

I am a Devilstar.

0 fics uploaded

spacer

I watched one this evening where they were recreating the Hindenburg. With home-made thermite. And their second team were trying to see whether running away from a crocodile/alligator in a zigzag manner would be more effective than running in a straight line - with a dummy equipped with "meat legs" made of fishnet stockings stuffed with quail. Flames and alligators, it's the stuff entertainment is made of.

Devilstar Mallanox : "My mother was Irish and my father was an alien. I was an only child and I dress funny." Devilstar

No new posts 30-04-2007 21:29 meridianday is offline Send an Email to meridianday Homepage of meridianday Search for Posts by meridianday Add meridianday to your Buddy List
Gatchamaniac

I am an Eagle.

0 fics uploaded

spacer

quote:
[i]Or when they had Adam fart into a bottle so thay could analyze the contents of a fart to see if you could actually gas yourself to death ...

I think also it depends on how much food that makes you fart as well. Fart2

No new posts 30-04-2007 21:46 Metaliant is offline Send an Email to Metaliant Homepage of Metaliant Search for Posts by Metaliant Add Metaliant to your Buddy List MSN Screenname: The Legend
Forum Goddess

I am a Red Squadron.

9 fics uploaded

spacer

quote:
Originally posted by clouddancer
These guys love to go all out.

They love to see a big bang. Take the exploding pants for example, .... or the exploding trombone
And give Jamie a gun, he is always looking for a bigger bang. gasthrower

Perhaps they have some condor in them. Smirk

And DAYUM what a farkin shot he is too....Did you see the one where they were recreating the shot in the Viet War where a soldier apparently killed a VC by shooting straight through the scope?

Damn if Jamie didn't shoot that damn thing with pin-point precision!!

Yeah, he's a Condor alright!

Sighhh

No new posts 30-04-2007 22:21 SJ_SwanJun is offline Send an Email to SJ_SwanJun Search for Posts by SJ_SwanJun Add SJ_SwanJun to your Buddy List
clouddancer clouddancer is a Female
Gatchamaniac

I am an Owl.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 10-04-2007

spacer

Don't remember that one. Will have to watch for it in reruns.

Saw him hit a cigarette lighter, and a pack of cards.

And love the shooting bullets into the water myth. Doesn't show any skill but ........ made me think.

No new posts 30-04-2007 22:27 clouddancer is offline Send an Email to clouddancer Search for Posts by clouddancer Add clouddancer to your Buddy List
Galaxy Girl

I am a Devilstar.

0 fics uploaded

spacer

Just tracked down the earlier thread on this
http://www.gatchamania.net/thread.php?threadid=810&sid=

I'd forgotten that I got Camille Saint-Saens for one of my matches....

No new posts 01-05-2007 21:50 meridianday is offline Send an Email to meridianday Homepage of meridianday Search for Posts by meridianday Add meridianday to your Buddy List
zoessister zoessister is a Female
Exalted Member

I am a Swan.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 05-04-2006

spacer
MyHeritage Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator        IP Information Go to the top of this page

I have some info for you all about Mythbusters.I got Mythbusters Collections 1(4 Disc set) at walmart on wednesday,it's 19.99 ,if anyone is interested. Also new episoses start next Wednesday at 9pm est. If anyone who doesn't have discovery channel and still wants the eps.,let me know and I wil gladly tape them for you.
OT: if anyone is interested in the Paranormal,Most Haunted is having alive special tonight at 8pm est(not sure on time),also Ghost Hunters is showing new episodes starting June 6 at 9pm est.

No new posts 25-05-2007 19:37 zoessister is offline Send an Email to zoessister Search for Posts by zoessister Add zoessister to your Buddy List
Ebonyswanne Ebonyswanne is a Female
Gatchamaniac

I am a Swan.

23 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 25-04-2007

spacer
RE: MyHeritage Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator        IP Information Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by imaqtz
For the computer savvy:

My heritage is a site which allows you to place a photo and tells you who you most look like!

Daughter was mucking around with it while Ive been posting around the board here. She came up with 95% Angelina Jolie . Son's pic had him 93% Toby Maguire!

Ok..if you know how to use this see what you come up with . And wondering what would happen if the teams pics were put in there?

Animelol

Well I went and checked out the site and ran a picture and it came up 85% Kate Winslet, so there you go interesting....wonder if I load one of my cat which famous pet would he most look like....just jokes haha

Great pic met so that's what you look like!!

No new posts 26-05-2007 13:45 Ebonyswanne is offline Send an Email to Ebonyswanne Search for Posts by Ebonyswanne Add Ebonyswanne to your Buddy List
« previous  1  [2]  3  next »  --> Members browsing this thread: none Pages (3): « previous  1  [2]  3  next » 
Post New Thread Post Reply
Rate Thread: 

very bad very bad 

very good very good 

Go to: