Gatchamania.net
Register Memberlist Staff Search FAQ Arcade Calendar Gallery Filebase Forums Home  

Gatchamania.net »[Speak Up!] »General Discussion » Battlestar Galactica Love Thread !!
Print Page | Recommend to Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Pages (4): « previous  1  [2]  3  4  next »  Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page Battlestar Galactica Love Thread !!
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
clouddancer clouddancer is a Female
Gatchamaniac

I am an Owl.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 10-04-2007

spacer
Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator        IP Information Go to the top of this page

Have to do this quick. Boss is waiting.

Clouddancer dashes in, snatches picture back!!

My turn. Flies out again.

Tag you're it!!!

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by clouddancer on 24-04-2007 at 22:26.
No new posts 24-04-2007 18:45 clouddancer is offline Send an Email to clouddancer Search for Posts by clouddancer Add clouddancer to your Buddy List
Lolabella Lolabella is a Female
Boardie

I am a Swan.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 05-04-2004

spacer
Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator        IP Information Go to the top of this page

*stands silent and confused looking at the empty space between her hands were a picture of her beloved once lay*

Frak!!

grabs helmet and flight gear and jumps into the pit of her Viiper. As the vipe'sr door closes around the cockpit, she silently vows to get her man back from her nemesis

Clouddancer. What kind of call sign is that?!

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by Lolabella on 24-04-2007 at 20:01.
No new posts 24-04-2007 20:00 Lolabella is offline Send an Email to Lolabella Search for Posts by Lolabella Add Lolabella to your Buddy List AIM Screenname: LolabellaG3
Gatchamaniac

I am an Owl.

0 fics uploaded

spacer

Ahh! you see, I dance in the clouds. Cloud9

Soaring only where "eagles" dare.
I am learning their/his tricks.

Sneak in like a ghost and depart quickly.
After I have created the most chaos!!! /rubs hands together/ hehehehe Evil5

No new posts 24-04-2007 21:39 clouddancer is offline Send an Email to clouddancer Search for Posts by clouddancer Add clouddancer to your Buddy List
imaqtz
Forum God

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 17-07-2001

spacer

snitches pic while Cloud is gleefully rubbing hands together, taking a running jump off the edge of this thread, and lands on Lola's hovering viper.

You two can argue till kingdom come , but Apollo is mine mine mine mine mine!

No new posts 25-04-2007 15:12 imaqtz is offline Send an Email to imaqtz Search for Posts by imaqtz Add imaqtz to your Buddy List
Gatchamaniac

I am an Owl.

0 fics uploaded

spacer

You forget, I too have wings. flying

Clouddancer takes flight, swoops down and attempts to take pic in her talons. All the while trying not to damage the picy

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by clouddancer on 25-04-2007 at 21:18.
No new posts 25-04-2007 21:17 clouddancer is offline Send an Email to clouddancer Search for Posts by clouddancer Add clouddancer to your Buddy List
Boardie

I am a Swan.

0 fics uploaded

spacer

For the past 7 days I've been riding that exhilarating wave called Battlestar Galactica. Ahem...the NEW Battlestar Galactica that is.

In one weeks time, I've been through the miniseries Season 1 and Season 2. And I cannot believe the following words are coming out of my mouth....I mean I cannot believe I'm typing the following words....but Lieutenant Kara Thrace a.k.a. Starbuck is my most favorite female character of all-time.

This gal completely rocks!! She is a reckless, tough as nails, defies authority best damned fighter pilot the fleet has. And because of that, she gets away with a lot of things...but she also ends up in the brigg a lot too. She also has this underlying vulnerability and the only person who really gets to see her this way is her Captain and (and eventually Commander), Apollo.

Starbuck and Apollo are comrades and best friends. There is also this amazing underlying sexual tension between them. But Apollo knows how to get through her tough exterior. And even though he deeply loves her, he is sometimes envious or resentful towards her. Apollo (good guy boy scout like tendencies) has a tumultuous relationship with his father the Commander of Galactica and his father has really taken Starbuck under his wing and treats her like his own daughter. There is a lot of tenderness there and I think that Apollo somewhat resents that. Also, Starbuck is the go-to gal for the serious missions because she isn't afraid and because she knows how to think outside the box.

Anways...I'm a totally Apollo/Starbuck Shipper and if anyone wants to see evidence of their chemistry (despite what you think...they are not together)...just watch this youtube video a fan has put together

Starbuck and Apollo: Lips of an Angel

This post has been edited 3 time(s), it was last edited by Lolabella on 27-04-2007 at 14:08.
No new posts 27-04-2007 14:00 Lolabella is offline Send an Email to Lolabella Search for Posts by Lolabella Add Lolabella to your Buddy List AIM Screenname: LolabellaG3
gatchgirl
Babbling Loonie

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 08-03-2006

spacer

Okay, I know I can google this but I want it from a view of people that know what type of chemistry and angst I'll be lookin for...

Without giving away ALL the movie... whats the main story line??? It has honestly been since the show was on the air (late 70's I think) that I have seen anything on it. After watching Lola's nicly done video I want the scoop....

Anyone willing to give me a "birds" eye discription....

Racer by day, Feather Thrower all the time!

No new posts 27-04-2007 14:43 gatchgirl is offline Send an Email to gatchgirl Search for Posts by gatchgirl Add gatchgirl to your Buddy List
Boardie

I am a Swan.

0 fics uploaded

spacer

You have to watch one more video and I'll give you the low down and this truly amazing show....

This one shows the tougher side of Starbuck. The cigar smoking, heavy drinking, gal that can take a punch...best damned fighet pilot that she is!!

And check out Apollo in nothing but a towel....

Starbuck Video

No new posts 27-04-2007 15:10 Lolabella is offline Send an Email to Lolabella Search for Posts by Lolabella Add Lolabella to your Buddy List AIM Screenname: LolabellaG3
imaqtz
Forum God

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

spacer

Check out : Special Two

All 3 vids as well as your reviews on the characters stunned me as Ive never seen new BG!

Give us that lowdown Lola!

No new posts 27-04-2007 17:58 imaqtz is offline Send an Email to imaqtz Search for Posts by imaqtz Add imaqtz to your Buddy List
Boardie

I am a Swan.

0 fics uploaded

spacer

Wow Imi! I've never heard that song before!! It just about fits these two to a tee!

Thanks so much for sharing that one!!!

*double swoon*

No new posts 27-04-2007 18:49 Lolabella is offline Send an Email to Lolabella Search for Posts by Lolabella Add Lolabella to your Buddy List AIM Screenname: LolabellaG3
Boardie

I am a Swan.

0 fics uploaded

spacer

And now it's time for Lola's Lowdown....

Years ago, In a galaxy far far away....

Oopss wait...wrong show!!

Okay. Basically, this is the backstory...

Man created Cylons which were machines intended to help humans. But man made the Cylons too well and the machines became smarter and rebelled against man leading to a Cylon war. But then a truce was called and the Cylons disappeared never to be heard from for 40 years....

Billions of people lived on 12 planets also called colonies. Each colony had it's own battlestar to protect them. Galactica was an old battlestar getting ready to be decomissioned on the day the Cylons reappeared and wiped out billions of people in a nuclear war on the colonies taking all the battlestars with them...except one.

Because the Galactica was so old (and because Commander William Adama wouldn't allow it) the battlestar was never computer networked with the other battlestars. The Cylons infiltrated the other battlestars networked system and this is how it destroyed them.

On the day of the decommissiong ceremony, Lee Adama (Apollo) arrives on the Galacatica to attend the event. He hasn't seen his estranged father,the Commander, since the funeral of Zak, Lee's brother, 2 years ago. Apollo blames his father for Zak's death. Lee also runs into Kara Thrace (callsign: Starbuck), who was engaged to Zak when he died. One instantly gets the feeling that there was a great familiarity between the two. They act like two 10 year olds around each other. Constantly teasing and play fighting.

The Cylons attack and Galactica realizes that anyone that was in space on a ship (other than the battlestars) were the lucky ones and survived the attack. Almost everyone else on the planets were wiped out. They round up the other ships and realize that they do not have the power to fight back The only thing they can do is run from the Cylons.

And that's pretty much were the mini-series ends and the T.V. Series begins.

What is interesting about this show is that you feel for these survivors. They are running away from potential death every day of their lives. Life as they have known it, doesn't exist anymore.

This post has been edited 2 time(s), it was last edited by Lolabella on 27-04-2007 at 20:41.
No new posts 27-04-2007 19:07 Lolabella is offline Send an Email to Lolabella Search for Posts by Lolabella Add Lolabella to your Buddy List AIM Screenname: LolabellaG3
Boardie

I am a Swan.

0 fics uploaded

spacer

BSG also has a WIKI devoted to it...

It can be found here. They do it more justice than I can...so check it out....

http://en.battlestarwiki.org/wiki/Main_Page

No new posts 27-04-2007 19:29 Lolabella is offline Send an Email to Lolabella Search for Posts by Lolabella Add Lolabella to your Buddy List AIM Screenname: LolabellaG3
CricketBeautiful
Forum God

I am a Zark.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 04-04-2004

spacer

Sounds like I should add it to the list! Looks like I'd enjoy curling up with it.

- Viktor E. Frankl

No new posts 27-04-2007 22:38 CricketBeautiful is offline Send an Email to CricketBeautiful Homepage of CricketBeautiful Search for Posts by CricketBeautiful Add CricketBeautiful to your Buddy List YIM Screenname: cricketbeautiful MSN Screenname: cricketbeautiful@hotmail.com
Metaliant Metaliant is a Male
Gatchamaniac

I am an Eagle.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 06-06-2005

spacer

quote:
Originally posted by Lolabella
For the past 7 days I've been riding that exhilarating wave called Battlestar Galactica. Ahem...the NEW Battlestar Galactica that is.

This gal completely rocks!! She is a reckless, tough as nails, defies authority best damned fighter pilot the fleet has. And because of that, she gets away with a lot of things...but she also ends up in the brigg a lot too. She also has this underlying vulnerability and the only person who really gets to see her this way is her Captain and (and eventually Commander), Apollo.

Also, Starbuck is the go-to gal for the serious missions because she isn't afraid and because she knows how to think outside the box.

AAAAAAAAAAAANNNNNNNNNNNNNNDDDDDDDDDD she's a babe.

http://www.scifi.com/battlestar/

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by Metaliant on 28-04-2007 at 10:29.
No new posts 28-04-2007 10:19 Metaliant is offline Send an Email to Metaliant Homepage of Metaliant Search for Posts by Metaliant Add Metaliant to your Buddy List MSN Screenname: The Legend
Metaliant Metaliant is a Male
Gatchamaniac

I am an Eagle.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 06-06-2005

spacer

http://www.scifi.com/battlestar/

No new posts 28-04-2007 10:28 Metaliant is offline Send an Email to Metaliant Homepage of Metaliant Search for Posts by Metaliant Add Metaliant to your Buddy List MSN Screenname: The Legend
Boardie

I am a Swan.

0 fics uploaded

spacer

Okay...I'm done!

In 12 days I've managed to watch all the miniseries and all of seasons 1, 2, and 3. Don't ask me how I did it....but thank god for Itunes!! Yes...I'm obsessed and now I have to wait until Jan 2008 for the next season..so not fair!!!

I've been trying to dream up ways on how I can meet Jamie Bamber (aka Apollo) in person to let him know that he really does love me!! *grins*

In the meantime, I'll have to make do with fanfic, podcasts, and youtube submissions...

Here is a VERY funny one I found comparing the old BSG and the new BSG.

NEW CREW IN TOWN

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by Lolabella on 30-04-2007 at 15:14.
No new posts 30-04-2007 15:13 Lolabella is offline Send an Email to Lolabella Search for Posts by Lolabella Add Lolabella to your Buddy List AIM Screenname: LolabellaG3
imaqtz
Forum God

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

spacer

omg that was hilarious! I can believe my love for Richard Hatch looks now like a mere cringeworthy crush compared to the lust felt for Jamie Bamber!

Curse ya Lola for making us fall head over heels in love with the new BSG!!

Luvu4 Luvu4

Ill admit it, Im officially hooked! I'm booking a whole weekend to hiring the series within the next 3 weeks!

AArgh with so many fics to still read, the Spidey 3 movie coming out and now BSG on my plate this month looks like its gonna be Stoned Luvu4 Waiting Stoned Luvu4 !

Wooooohooooo!!

No new posts 30-04-2007 16:43 imaqtz is offline Send an Email to imaqtz Search for Posts by imaqtz Add imaqtz to your Buddy List
Boardie

I am a Swan.

0 fics uploaded

spacer

Yeah...

My evil plot worked to entice someone over to the beauty that is BSG. You are going to be blown away!!

Don't give too much thought to the acting...it does get better as the season progresses.

I would totally lend you all my DVD's, but I think Australia uses a different format?!

No new posts 30-04-2007 16:52 Lolabella is offline Send an Email to Lolabella Search for Posts by Lolabella Add Lolabella to your Buddy List AIM Screenname: LolabellaG3
imaqtz
Forum God

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

spacer

yep Region 4 tho most DVD players are kind region free , well mine is anyways..awww thanks for the offer Smoochies After seeing Apollo, Starbuck, and did I detect a new yummy Balter??! im gonna have to sooo own DVD to drool all over!!

No new posts 30-04-2007 16:59 imaqtz is offline Send an Email to imaqtz Search for Posts by imaqtz Add imaqtz to your Buddy List
Boardie

I am a Swan.

0 fics uploaded

spacer

oh yes....Baltar...definetly drool worthy...and he has some pretty senseous scenes with Six....

I'm so full of glee that I'll have somebody to obsess over this with!!

Let me know when you are ready to discuss!!!

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by Lolabella on 30-04-2007 at 17:04.
No new posts 30-04-2007 17:03 Lolabella is offline Send an Email to Lolabella Search for Posts by Lolabella Add Lolabella to your Buddy List AIM Screenname: LolabellaG3
« previous  1  [2]  3  4  next »  --> Members browsing this thread: none Pages (4): « previous  1  [2]  3  4  next » 
Post New Thread Post Reply
Rate Thread: 

very bad very bad 

very good very good 

Go to: