Gatchamania.net
Register Memberlist Staff Search FAQ Arcade Calendar Gallery Filebase Forums Home  

Gatchamania.net »[Speak Up!] »General Discussion » Battlestar Galactica Love Thread !!
Print Page | Recommend to Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Pages (4): [1]  2  3  next »  ... last »  Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page Battlestar Galactica Love Thread !!
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
imaqtz
Forum God

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 17-07-2001

spacer
Battlestar Galactica Love Thread !! Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator        IP Information Go to the top of this page

for our Lola!!

No new posts 19-04-2007 16:20 imaqtz is offline Send an Email to imaqtz Search for Posts by imaqtz Add imaqtz to your Buddy List
imaqtz
Forum God

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

spacer
Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator        IP Information Go to the top of this page

No new posts 19-04-2007 16:21 imaqtz is offline Send an Email to imaqtz Search for Posts by imaqtz Add imaqtz to your Buddy List
imaqtz
Forum God

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

spacer
Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator        IP Information Go to the top of this page

Lola's Starbuck:

No new posts 19-04-2007 16:23 imaqtz is offline Send an Email to imaqtz Search for Posts by imaqtz Add imaqtz to your Buddy List
imaqtz
Forum God

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

spacer

Cep's and Metaliant's starbuck:

No new posts 19-04-2007 16:25 imaqtz is offline Send an Email to imaqtz Search for Posts by imaqtz Add imaqtz to your Buddy List
Lolabella Lolabella is a Female
Boardie

I am a Swan.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 05-04-2004

spacer

Muuaaahhh!!!! to Imii!! Thankee Thankee!!!

Smooch2

Anyone care to discuss the similiarities to Gatch/BOTP.

Let's start with the 'team'.

Apollo/Mark/Ken

Starbuck/Jason/Joe

Sheba/Princess/Jun

Jolly/Tiny/Ryu

Boxey/Keyop/Jinpei

Muffit/Zark (it's a stretch I know)

Adama/Nambu/Chief Anderson

Baltar/Zoltar/Berg Katse

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by Lolabella on 19-04-2007 at 16:36.
No new posts 19-04-2007 16:35 Lolabella is offline Send an Email to Lolabella Search for Posts by Lolabella Add Lolabella to your Buddy List AIM Screenname: LolabellaG3
imaqtz
Forum God

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

spacer

So many similarities..it makes me wonder which came first BG or Gatch?

and wouldnt Muffitt be more like 1 rover 1?

No new posts 19-04-2007 16:38 imaqtz is offline Send an Email to imaqtz Search for Posts by imaqtz Add imaqtz to your Buddy List
Boardie

I am a Swan.

0 fics uploaded

spacer

Oh yeah...duh me!! I forgot about 1 R 1 !!

My list is certainly open for discussion. I'm in the midst of gathering together similiar themes within the shows.

No new posts 19-04-2007 16:44 Lolabella is offline Send an Email to Lolabella Search for Posts by Lolabella Add Lolabella to your Buddy List AIM Screenname: LolabellaG3
imaqtz
Forum God

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

spacer

Far too similar!! lol

OOh I think Im gonna luuuurve getting reacquainted with BG!! and those above character comparisons !! Way over due for bedtime, so cant wait to check both BG threads!!

No new posts 19-04-2007 16:59 imaqtz is offline Send an Email to imaqtz Search for Posts by imaqtz Add imaqtz to your Buddy List
Boardie

I am a Swan.

0 fics uploaded

spacer

Bedtime for you? Lunchtime for me!!

Any chance you are near Wagga Wagga? We have a client there and they keep teasing me that I might go one day.

Look at me...hijacking me own thread...!

Do you get the BSG re-runs by you????

No new posts 19-04-2007 17:03 Lolabella is offline Send an Email to Lolabella Search for Posts by Lolabella Add Lolabella to your Buddy List AIM Screenname: LolabellaG3
Metaliant Metaliant is a Male
Gatchamaniac

I am an Eagle.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 06-06-2005

spacer

quote:
Originally posted by Lolabella
Muuaaahhh!!!! to Imii!! Thankee Thankee!!!

Smooch2

Anyone care to discuss the similiarities to Gatch/BOTP.

Let's start with the 'team'.

Apollo/Mark/Ken

Starbuck/Jason/Joe

Sheba/Princess/Jun

Jolly/Tiny/Ryu

Boxey/Keyop/Jinpei

Muffit/Zark (it's a stretch I know)

Adama/Nambu/Chief Anderson

Baltar/Zoltar/Berg Katse

Nice comparison but surely Muffit would be 1 Rover 1 but better. Also I think Starbuck is less like Jason/Joe but heck what do I know and who would be Redsquadron

Finaly since I don't have Sky 1 or 2, I go to the Sci-Fi channel's website for Battlestar .

http://www.scifi.com/battlestar/

No new posts 19-04-2007 23:24 Metaliant is offline Send an Email to Metaliant Homepage of Metaliant Search for Posts by Metaliant Add Metaliant to your Buddy List MSN Screenname: The Legend
Boardie

I am a Swan.

0 fics uploaded

spacer

Thursday evening, I returned home to find a nice little package waiting for me. Inside was the 'new' Battlestar Galactica complete first season.

I have been very hesistant to start watching this series as I didn't want something that I loved so much from my childhood be all twisted and turned around and end up as something I didn't even recognize. I had been completely put off just by the mere fact that Starbuck and Boomer were now women.

But, after hearing so much from a co-worker and internet chat about how well the show was written and then I heard it won a Peabody Award for writing, I gave in.

Thursday night, I watched the 3 hour mini-series which would later spin off into the series and I've got to say that I'm 100% hooked. It works drew me in. It works for me. I'm obsessed. I watched 4 hours the first night, 5 hours the next night and I finished up the series on Saturday morning. Saturday had me wandering into Blockbuster to see if I could get my hand on Season 2.0 to no such luck. So, I pacifed myself by watching the extras.

This show is defintely sc-fi...but it deliveres soooo much more!! The writing is excellant (although some of the acting leaves something to be desired)...but I get it and it gets me as a viewer.

Gotta run off now...but I'll post more later.

And oh yeah...I've already got Season 2.0 and Season 2.5 ordered!!

No new posts 22-04-2007 20:04 Lolabella is offline Send an Email to Lolabella Search for Posts by Lolabella Add Lolabella to your Buddy List AIM Screenname: LolabellaG3
Boardie

I am a Swan.

0 fics uploaded

spacer

Oh yeah...and here is some Apollo Eye Candy

No new posts 22-04-2007 20:09 Lolabella is offline Send an Email to Lolabella Search for Posts by Lolabella Add Lolabella to your Buddy List AIM Screenname: LolabellaG3
imaqtz
Forum God

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

spacer

Eek3

for the Love of.....

Faint

No new posts 23-04-2007 15:45 imaqtz is offline Send an Email to imaqtz Search for Posts by imaqtz Add imaqtz to your Buddy List
imaqtz
Forum God

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

spacer

OH HOT DAYUM!!!

Think I just melted into a puddle...whimperwibblehappyfaint

No new posts 23-04-2007 15:48 imaqtz is offline Send an Email to imaqtz Search for Posts by imaqtz Add imaqtz to your Buddy List
Gatchamaniac

I am an Eagle.

0 fics uploaded

spacer

quote:
Thursday evening, I returned home to find a nice little package waiting for me. Inside was the 'new' Battlestar Galactica complete first season.

I have been very hesistant to start watching this series as I didn't want something that I loved so much from my childhood be all twisted and turned around and end up as something I didn't even recognize. I had been completely put off just by the mere fact that Starbuck and Boomer were now women.

But, after hearing so much from a co-worker and internet chat about how well the show was written and then I heard it won a Peabody Award for writing, I gave in.

Thursday night, I watched the 3 hour mini-series which would later spin off into the series and I've got to say that I'm 100% hooked. It works drew me in. It works for me. I'm obsessed. I watched 4 hours the first night, 5 hours the next night and I finished up the series on Saturday morning. Saturday had me wandering into Blockbuster to see if I could get my hand on Season 2.0 to no such luck. So, I pacifed myself by watching the extras.

This show is defintely sc-fi...but it deliveres soooo much more!! The writing is excellant (although some of the acting leaves something to be desired)...but I get it and it gets me as a viewer.

When I heard about the new series, I was like you Lola. Worried, worried sick about what will happen, especially wth the roguish Starbucvk becoming a babe. But when the first series came to Sky 3 on freeview, I thought, I try to watch it. Unfortuantely, Sky didn't show the mini-series on sky 3 at all, so those like me were thrwn straight into the series without much a clue. Well I did asw I read the sympsis on the website beforehand.

I found the SciFi channel webstie and type the 2 words, Battlestar Galactica in and it came in. Since I don't have Sky, I read about it before watching it on Sky 3. It was better than thought and I regonise couple of actors, one is the former boss of Miami Vice and the other is the original Apollo, Richard Hatch, who's hair hasn't changed since the late 70s.

There are only a few things I don't like about the series but they are only small complaints, which I can live with.

Also, Rom Moore, who used to wrk n the varius Star Trek series is invlved with this new series f Battlestar.

No new posts 23-04-2007 18:52 Metaliant is offline Send an Email to Metaliant Homepage of Metaliant Search for Posts by Metaliant Add Metaliant to your Buddy List MSN Screenname: The Legend
Gatchamaniac

I am an Eagle.

0 fics uploaded

spacer

quote:
Originally posted by imaqtz
Cep's and Metaliant's starbuck:

Faint

No new posts 23-04-2007 18:53 Metaliant is offline Send an Email to Metaliant Homepage of Metaliant Search for Posts by Metaliant Add Metaliant to your Buddy List MSN Screenname: The Legend
clouddancer clouddancer is a Female
Gatchamaniac

I am an Owl.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 10-04-2007

spacer

quote:
Oh yeah...and here is some Apollo Eye Candy

Whoo Hooo!! Be still my heart! Bounce2 Bounce2 Bounce2

Now why did this not show up yesterday when I opened the thread.
Perhaps someone knew I would need to see it today.

gotta go back and look again!

No new posts 23-04-2007 21:49 clouddancer is offline Send an Email to clouddancer Search for Posts by clouddancer Add clouddancer to your Buddy List
imaqtz
Forum God

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

spacer

oh no you dont! Hes mine! mine mine mine mine mine mine!!

snatches pic off Cloudancer and bolts from here only to slip in a puddle of drool

Dammit there's far too much drooling going on here..

Grin

No new posts 24-04-2007 16:43 imaqtz is offline Send an Email to imaqtz Search for Posts by imaqtz Add imaqtz to your Buddy List
Boardie

I am a Swan.

0 fics uploaded

spacer

quote:
Originally posted by imaqtz
oh no you dont! Hes mine! mine mine mine mine mine mine!!

snatches pic off Cloudancer and bolts from here only to slip in a puddle of drool

Dammit there's far too much drooling going on here..

Grin

*snatches pic from Imi and gives a good flick to expel all drool*

I believe he..errr...I mean that belongs to me!! Hand off ladies. hand I don't like to share!

No new posts 24-04-2007 16:59 Lolabella is offline Send an Email to Lolabella Search for Posts by Lolabella Add Lolabella to your Buddy List AIM Screenname: LolabellaG3
Gatchamaniac

I am an Eagle.

0 fics uploaded

spacer

Sinking

No new posts 24-04-2007 17:58 Metaliant is offline Send an Email to Metaliant Homepage of Metaliant Search for Posts by Metaliant Add Metaliant to your Buddy List MSN Screenname: The Legend
[1]  2  3  next »  ... last »  --> Members browsing this thread: none Pages (4): [1]  2  3  next »  ... last » 
Post New Thread Post Reply
Rate Thread: 

very bad very bad 

very good very good 

Go to: