Gatchamania.net
Register Memberlist Staff Search FAQ Arcade Calendar Gallery Filebase Forums Home  

Gatchamania.net »[Fun Forums] »You Gotta See This! » Now, surely, none of us are like this!
Print Page | Recommend to Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page Now, surely, none of us are like this!
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
lborgia88 lborgia88 is a Female
Gatchamaniac

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 27-06-2007

spacer
Now, surely, none of us are like this! Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator        IP Information Go to the top of this page

http://www.crunchyroll.com/anime-news/20...ca-fun-time-now

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by lborgia88 on 18-10-2011 at 20:23.
No new posts 18-10-2011 20:22 lborgia88 is offline Send an Email to lborgia88 Search for Posts by lborgia88 Add lborgia88 to your Buddy List YIM Screenname: lborgia88
Springie Springie is a Female
Her Royal Fluffiness...Swan of Swans...

I am a Swan.

6 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 12-06-2006

spacer
Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator        IP Information Go to the top of this page

Too funny! I loved the "girlfriend" eating her noodles! Inverted1

There is no problem that cannot be solved with time, patience, and a judicious amount of high explosives.

No new posts 18-10-2011 21:10 Springie is offline Send an Email to Springie Homepage of Springie Search for Posts by Springie Add Springie to your Buddy List YIM Screenname: Springie MSN Screenname: Springie
clouddancer clouddancer is a Female
Gatchamaniac

I am an Owl.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 10-04-2007

spacer
Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator        IP Information Go to the top of this page

Ahhhh, too bad. That video clip is blocked for regions outside of the states, so I could not see it. Crying6

No new posts 18-10-2011 22:07 clouddancer is offline Send an Email to clouddancer Search for Posts by clouddancer Add clouddancer to your Buddy List
Transmute Jun Transmute Jun is a Female
Queen of the Bird Missiles

I am a Swan.

40 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 04-04-2007

spacer

That is really painful....

No new posts 19-10-2011 00:13 Transmute Jun is offline Send an Email to Transmute Jun Homepage of Transmute Jun Search for Posts by Transmute Jun Add Transmute Jun to your Buddy List
Ebonyswanne Ebonyswanne is a Female
Gatchamaniac

I am a Swan.

23 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 25-04-2007

spacer

I couldn't view it LB

No new posts 19-10-2011 04:01 Ebonyswanne is offline Send an Email to Ebonyswanne Search for Posts by Ebonyswanne Add Ebonyswanne to your Buddy List
Gatchamaniac

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

spacer

Too bad there's no way to know if a clip is only viewable in your region, before you post it...

Basically it's a silly comedy skit that makes fun of young people who're obsessed with Japanese anime, manga etc. and are convinced they so know so much about Japanese culture when they really know next to nothing.

No new posts 19-10-2011 04:14 lborgia88 is offline Send an Email to lborgia88 Search for Posts by lborgia88 Add lborgia88 to your Buddy List YIM Screenname: lborgia88
Gatchamaniac

I am an Owl.

0 fics uploaded

spacer

I suspect anything that is taken from a media site (I believe this was a link to an NBC snippet) would not be available outside of your country. It is like I could not post anything from the CBC site.

Now if it were on Youtube I would be a little more surprised.

No new posts 19-10-2011 12:46 clouddancer is offline Send an Email to clouddancer Search for Posts by clouddancer Add clouddancer to your Buddy List
Gatchamaniac

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

spacer

I've never encountered anything online from the CBC, or anywhere in Canada, now that I think about it, that I couldn't watch because I wasn't in Canada. The only things that I can recall that I've ever been blocked from watching for not being in the right country were things online in Japan. But clearly a lot of things online in the US are blocked for people outside the US. I guess the rules vary widely?

No new posts 19-10-2011 14:30 lborgia88 is offline Send an Email to lborgia88 Search for Posts by lborgia88 Add lborgia88 to your Buddy List YIM Screenname: lborgia88
Transmute Jun Transmute Jun is a Female
Queen of the Bird Missiles

I am a Swan.

40 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 04-04-2007

spacer

Maybe NBC doesn't want the Japanese seeing how we butcher them? ROFL 2

No new posts 19-10-2011 14:57 Transmute Jun is offline Send an Email to Transmute Jun Homepage of Transmute Jun Search for Posts by Transmute Jun Add Transmute Jun to your Buddy List
Gatchamaniac

I am an Owl.

0 fics uploaded

spacer

You could be right LB. Maybe the media laws are much stricter in the US than they are in Canada or other parts of the world.

Although I would have said you would not have been able to watch the TV shows broadcast on Canadian stations that do not also air on American stations - not that there are many of those.

I do know I can not watch American tv shows on American channels until they have been aired on a Canadian channel, and then I can only see it ON the Canadian channel. (I hope that made sense, I feel like I have just talked in circles.)

I had begun watching a episode of House MD on an American station, and realized there was a segment that resonated with me and with what I was trying to write in one of my fics. I wanted to watch the episode again online an hour later, to capture the scene and the way the ideas were presented, and I could not access the episode. The next day the same episode aired on the Canadian channel, but I could not watch the episode because I was at a late workshop or something. When I got home that evening I was THEN able to watch the episode online through the Canadian channel and then set up a similar scene in my story.

No new posts 19-10-2011 21:15 clouddancer is offline Send an Email to clouddancer Search for Posts by clouddancer Add clouddancer to your Buddy List
Members browsing this thread: none
Post New Thread Post Reply
Rate Thread: 

very bad very bad 

very good very good 

Go to: