Gatchamania.net
Register Memberlist Staff Search FAQ Arcade Calendar Gallery Filebase Forums Home  

Gatchamania.net »[Speak Up!] »General Discussion » Why Joe gets the girls?
Print Page | Recommend to Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page Why Joe gets the girls?
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
lborgia88 lborgia88 is a Female
Gatchamaniac

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 27-06-2007

spacer
Why Joe gets the girls? Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator        IP Information Go to the top of this page

http://news.yahoo.com/why-men-deep-voice...-132600954.html

Sure doesn't explain why Jason's my favourite in BOTP though! Laugh1

No new posts 15-09-2011 01:58 lborgia88 is offline Send an Email to lborgia88 Search for Posts by lborgia88 Add lborgia88 to your Buddy List YIM Screenname: lborgia88
amethyst amethyst is a Female
Wanted: $1000 Reward

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 15-07-2009

spacer
RE: Why Joe gets the girls? Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator        IP Information Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by lborgia88
http://news.yahoo.com/why-men-deep-voice...-132600954.html

Sure doesn't explain why Jason's my favourite in BOTP though! Laugh1

I was thinking the same thing. And I love deep voices. One of may favorites is Richard Sterban of the Oak Ridge Boys.

No new posts 15-09-2011 05:04 amethyst is offline Send an Email to amethyst Search for Posts by amethyst Add amethyst to your Buddy List
UnpublishedWriter UnpublishedWriter is a Female
Gatchamaniac

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 31-08-2009

spacer
Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator        IP Information Go to the top of this page

Deep, rich, man voices -- mmrroowwrrr

Patrick Stewart, Sean Connery, James Earl Jones, Avery Brooks...

As for Jason? He's the one who wants to get things done, and people keep holding him back. For a lot of fans, the moment Zark called him hot-headed and impulsive was the moment he became their favorite.

No new posts 15-09-2011 12:36 UnpublishedWriter is offline Send an Email to UnpublishedWriter Search for Posts by UnpublishedWriter Add UnpublishedWriter to your Buddy List
Transmute Jun Transmute Jun is a Female
Queen of the Bird Missiles

I am a Swan.

40 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 04-04-2007

spacer
Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator        IP Information Go to the top of this page

Jason has an interesting voice... one you remember (I guess that's why Ronnie Schell is such a good voice actor). Voices are nice, but unless there's something particularly grating about one, I tend to notice faces and sense of humor more.

No new posts 15-09-2011 13:31 Transmute Jun is offline Send an Email to Transmute Jun Homepage of Transmute Jun Search for Posts by Transmute Jun Add Transmute Jun to your Buddy List
Becky Rock Becky Rock is a Female
Gatchamaniac

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 16-04-2009

spacer

I'm going to throw in a monkey wrench. I don't like Jason's voice (i.e. Ronnie Schell's).

I actually preferred the voice used for Jason in the first episode.

As for deep voices, I think it depends on the guy. Sam Elliott has a great deep voice, too. I find soft spoken guys can be really sexy, too.

No new posts 16-09-2011 02:28 Becky Rock is offline Send an Email to Becky Rock Search for Posts by Becky Rock Add Becky Rock to your Buddy List
Gatchamaniac

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

spacer

Back in early 2007 when, after watching a whole bunch of Gatch for the first time, I found a clip of BOTP on youtube and heard Jason's voice again for the first time in almost 3 decades... I was shocked -He sounded like that? Confused2

Since then, having watched a lot more BOTP, Jason's voice has grown on me -it is unique and distinctive, and plays against type- but I still like Joe's voice (Japanese and ADV dub) better.

quote:
For a lot of fans, the moment Zark called him hot-headed and impulsive was the moment he became their favorite.

I was one such fan. Deeper voices sound good, but personality and character, I suppose, will always count for more in the end and Jason sure appealed to me and my inclination to identify with the not-leader/loner/underdog when I was a kid. Not even Casey Kasem's voice was able to make Mark my favourite!

No new posts 16-09-2011 05:26 lborgia88 is offline Send an Email to lborgia88 Search for Posts by lborgia88 Add lborgia88 to your Buddy List YIM Screenname: lborgia88
Springie Springie is a Female
Her Royal Fluffiness...Swan of Swans...

I am a Swan.

6 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 12-06-2006

spacer

I guess it's a case of being imprinted while I was young...but I liked Ronnie Schell's voice for Jason...I guess it's because that's all I knew. Although, I also like Joe's voice,too. Don't know if I've ever paid that much attention to whether I liked low pitched or high pitched voices, before...

There is no problem that cannot be solved with time, patience, and a judicious amount of high explosives.

No new posts 16-09-2011 10:01 Springie is offline Send an Email to Springie Homepage of Springie Search for Posts by Springie Add Springie to your Buddy List YIM Screenname: Springie MSN Screenname: Springie
Becky Rock Becky Rock is a Female
Gatchamaniac

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 16-04-2009

spacer

It was the car. I loved racing and couldn't wait to get my own muscle car when I got old enough. I hung out with drag racers (not the pro kind) but didn't drag myself. My Monte Carlo SS was suped up (my oldest brother was a mechanic) but automatic and I didn't want to convert it to manual.

The bad boy image came second. Then the 'he seems so lonely' impression hit me. All of it together was a dangerous combination.

No new posts 16-09-2011 15:08 Becky Rock is offline Send an Email to Becky Rock Search for Posts by Becky Rock Add Becky Rock to your Buddy List
amethyst amethyst is a Female
Wanted: $1000 Reward

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 15-07-2009

spacer

quote:
Originally posted by lborgia88Not even Casey Kasem's voice was able to make Mark my favourite!

That could have been my problem with Mark. I think Casey Kasem and I think Shaggy or Robin, combine that voice with a guy who looks like Speed Racer with longer hair (I never liked Speed Racer), and it just didn't do anything for me at all.

It could have been as UW said, with temper. I always had a bit of a temper, and rarely saw anyone like that on TV, at least one that was on the good side. And it could have been that if something went wrong, he was the scapegoat. Being the oldest child I knew that only so well.

And I'll agree with Becky, too. The car was definitely cooler in both modes than the plane was in either.

Hey, Becky, I actually did drag my car once (well, I sat in the passenger's seat and let a friend drive it). We were down at a private air strip and another friend wanted to see how his car held up against mine. It didn't stand a chance. I can't even remember what he had now. I think it was a Chevy Nova, but not positive. I had a Mustang with a 302. Damn, I miss that car.

No new posts 16-09-2011 17:48 amethyst is offline Send an Email to amethyst Search for Posts by amethyst Add amethyst to your Buddy List
Gatchamaniac

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

spacer

quote:
Originally posted by Beckly Rock
It was the car. I loved racing and couldn't wait to get my own muscle car when I got old enough.

I liked his car, but I had no racing aspirations myself -even today I still regard driving mostly as a necessary chore to get from point A to point B -an attitude at which the BF rolls his eyes -he loves cars. In fact, he and my sister are the two best drivers I know of.

Me, I confess I didn't get my license until I was 19 (though I managed to do it driving stick) and didn't have a car until I was 28 (did the "impoverished grad student" thing...)

I do remember liking the darker colours of Jason's uniform better than any of the others' uniforms, but mostly it was all his personality.

quote:
Originally posted by amethyst
And it could have been that if something went wrong, he was the scapegoat. Being the oldest child I knew that only so well.

Heh, being the youngest, I identified with him having to take orders and not getting to make the decisions!

No new posts 16-09-2011 19:10 lborgia88 is offline Send an Email to lborgia88 Search for Posts by lborgia88 Add lborgia88 to your Buddy List YIM Screenname: lborgia88
Members browsing this thread: none
Post New Thread Post Reply
Rate Thread: 

very bad very bad 

very good very good 

Go to: