Gatchamania.net
Register Memberlist Staff Search FAQ Arcade Calendar Gallery Filebase Forums Home  

Gatchamania.net »[Speak Up!] »General Discussion » FrankRost
Print Page | Recommend to Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page FrankRost
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
FrankRost FrankRost is a Male
Former Lurker

I am an Owl.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 06-07-2011

spacer
Question FrankRost Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator        IP Information Go to the top of this page

Hi, Friends. Searching for the web, i find that´s it is the greatest place for the deep knowledge of all the Gatchaman world.

So i need some help.

I be looking for images of the mutation toy watches, sold in 1980 (if can be possible, from spain models).

If somebody of us got some images and wish share with me i agree a lot.

Nice to see you & Thank YoU!!!

Car

The only unquestionable truth is death

No new posts 18-07-2011 02:33 FrankRost is offline Send an Email to FrankRost Search for Posts by FrankRost Add FrankRost to your Buddy List
lborgia88 lborgia88 is a Female
Gatchamaniac

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 27-06-2007

spacer
Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator        IP Information Go to the top of this page

I'm afraid I can't help you with images of anything like that, but it's nice to meet you, Frank! Wave2

No new posts 18-07-2011 02:59 lborgia88 is offline Send an Email to lborgia88 Search for Posts by lborgia88 Add lborgia88 to your Buddy List YIM Screenname: lborgia88
clouddancer clouddancer is a Female
Gatchamaniac

I am an Owl.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 10-04-2007

spacer
Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator        IP Information Go to the top of this page

You could try this site - http://www.battleoftheplanets.net/merchandise.html

I don't see anything under the Spanish merchandise but it could be located in another area.

Ohhh, and welcome to the board, I hope you find what you are looking for.

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by clouddancer on 18-07-2011 at 05:47.
No new posts 18-07-2011 05:46 clouddancer is offline Send an Email to clouddancer Search for Posts by clouddancer Add clouddancer to your Buddy List
Dragonsbain Dragonsbain is a Female
Boardie

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 18-04-2011

spacer

Wow! What a collection.

Welcome, Frank! Heh

No new posts 18-07-2011 06:54 Dragonsbain is offline Send an Email to Dragonsbain Search for Posts by Dragonsbain Add Dragonsbain to your Buddy List
Former Lurker

I am an Owl.

0 fics uploaded

spacer

Thank you Iborgia88 and Dragonsbain for your welcome.
Wave2

Cloudancer. Your link is really fantastic, and i enjoy a lot, i agree you. Animeangel

But don´t have lucky for find the mutation clocks. I still looking for. ballchain

Thank you very much to all of us.

No new posts 18-07-2011 21:53 FrankRost is offline Send an Email to FrankRost Search for Posts by FrankRost Add FrankRost to your Buddy List
Transmute Jun Transmute Jun is a Female
Queen of the Bird Missiles

I am a Swan.

40 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 04-04-2007

spacer

It's great to see you here, Frank. I hope you find the clocks you are looking for. If you do, please post a link here. I'd love to see them!

No new posts 26-07-2011 00:54 Transmute Jun is offline Send an Email to Transmute Jun Homepage of Transmute Jun Search for Posts by Transmute Jun Add Transmute Jun to your Buddy List
The Other Jason The Other Jason is a Male
Boardie

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 11-08-2010

spacer
RE: FrankRost Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator        IP Information Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by FrankRost
Hi, Friends. Searching for the web, i find that´s it is the greatest place for the deep knowledge of all the Gatchaman world.

So i need some help.

I be looking for images of the mutation toy watches, sold in 1980 (if can be possible, from spain models).

If somebody of us got some images and wish share with me i agree a lot.

Nice to see you & Thank YoU!!!

Car

Hi FrankRost,

Is this the item you're asking about?
http://www.battleoftheplanets.net/spainraytoyb.jpg

If so, I can get clearer pictures of it for you, I'll just have to retrieve it out of my storage facility and either take some photos, or scan the box. Unfortunately, my copy of the toy set is still sealed, so I can't get really nice pictures, but I'll be glad to do what I can for you.

The Wrist Activator in this set is a lenticular one. It shows a plain yellow face from one angle, and the Transmute (Mutacion) symbol from the other. I think the word "Mutacion" is also printed on the borders of the second design.

Let me know if this is the right piece, or if you have any other questions!

Best,

The Other Jason

No new posts 28-07-2011 23:53 The Other Jason is offline Send an Email to The Other Jason Homepage of The Other Jason Search for Posts by The Other Jason Add The Other Jason to your Buddy List
Former Lurker

I am an Owl.

0 fics uploaded

spacer

LOL!! That´s right. These watches were very popular in Spain,when the series was broadcast. I love it. Pity don´t look only the watch. My intention is do an article, which remember this sort of thing. Thank you very much Other Jason. jew biker Already Thank you very much.

No new posts 06-08-2011 05:22 FrankRost is offline Send an Email to FrankRost Search for Posts by FrankRost Add FrankRost to your Buddy List
clouddancer clouddancer is a Female
Gatchamaniac

I am an Owl.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 10-04-2007

spacer

FrankRost, please feel free to post your article here! Or even a link to the article so we can read your thoughts about another article of Gatch/BOTP memorabilia. One I did not know about anyways.

No new posts 06-08-2011 11:16 clouddancer is offline Send an Email to clouddancer Search for Posts by clouddancer Add clouddancer to your Buddy List
Boardie

0 fics uploaded

spacer

quote:
LOL!! That´s right. These watches were very popular in Spain,when the series was broadcast. I love it. Pity don´t look only the watch. My intention is do an article, which remember this sort of thing. Thank you very much Other Jason. jew biker Already Thank you very much.

Hi FrankRost,

Great! I'm glad it sounds like that's the item you've been looking for. I will provide you with a better image of just the Wrist Activator within a couple days. Please check back here for a link. I agree with Clouddancer, as a collector of Battle of the Planets and Gatchaman merchandise, I'd love to see your completed article as well!

No new posts 06-08-2011 20:01 The Other Jason is offline Send an Email to The Other Jason Homepage of The Other Jason Search for Posts by The Other Jason Add The Other Jason to your Buddy List
Former Lurker

I am an Owl.

0 fics uploaded

spacer

Ever i agree you so. I wait new notices from you. Thank you

No new posts 07-08-2011 13:08 FrankRost is offline Send an Email to FrankRost Search for Posts by FrankRost Add FrankRost to your Buddy List
Boardie

0 fics uploaded

spacer

Hi FrankRost,

quote:
Ever i agree you so. I wait new notices from you. Thank you

I was able retrieve my Battle of the Planets "Space Ray with Light" toy for you. It was released exclusively in Spain around 1980 by Josman. I don't know its original price. Images are (I hope) included below.

This is the entire package, with holster, empty pouch, Space Ray toy (batteries not included, of course!), belt with plastic "G" buckle and Wrist Activator. The holster and buckle have stickers applied. The holster, pouch and belt are made of thin plastic that is stapled in place to the packaging. The Wrist Activator is made of thicker plastic that is also stapled to the packaging.

Close up pictures of the Wrist Activator.

The top is a shot of the entire toy. It has an adjustable strap and features raised line detailing on the band that approximate the lines seen on the band in the series.

The next two shots show both of the images on the Activator's lenticular face. The middle one shows the "scramble" signal. Before looking at the toy again, I thought the second image was plain yellow, but as you can see at the bottom, it includes a picture of the Phoenix.

I wish I could have gotten better pictures of this for you, but the seal/shrink wrap is still intact on the box, and it interfered with my camera and lights. But hopefully these will at least let you see what you wanted to.

Enjoy, and please let me know if you'd like more images!

This post has been edited 3 time(s), it was last edited by The Other Jason on 11-08-2011 at 11:11.
No new posts 10-08-2011 03:44 The Other Jason is offline Send an Email to The Other Jason Homepage of The Other Jason Search for Posts by The Other Jason Add The Other Jason to your Buddy List
Former Lurker

I am an Owl.

0 fics uploaded

spacer

I enjoy it. It's exactly what I was looking for. The clock that changes the picture when changing positions. I appreciate it more than I can say.

kneelsuckers

Hurray!!!

No new posts 11-08-2011 07:01 FrankRost is offline Send an Email to FrankRost Search for Posts by FrankRost Add FrankRost to your Buddy List
Boardie

0 fics uploaded

spacer

Hi FrankRost,

quote:
I enjoy it. It's exactly what I was looking for. The clock that changes the picture when changing positions. I appreciate it more than I can say.

Hurray!!!

Wonderful! I'm so happy I was able to help you. I don't know if there's anything else you're looking for but feel free to ask. If I can't help, I'm sure one of the many other generous board members will step in!

I'm curious, did you have one of these toys when you were younger? Did you have any other Battle of the Planets toys?

No new posts 11-08-2011 11:27 The Other Jason is offline Send an Email to The Other Jason Homepage of The Other Jason Search for Posts by The Other Jason Add The Other Jason to your Buddy List
Former Lurker

I am an Owl.

0 fics uploaded

spacer

quote:

I'm curious, did you have one of these toys when you were younger? Did you have any other Battle of the Planets toys?

Yes I had a watch for a short time. The strap broke right away (very bad plastic), and hexagonal dome fell off, because I was stuck with a very bad glue.

And if I am to be honest, I have only one Otaku toy. One Mazinger Z. Was my favorite picture. Sorry so.

No new posts 15-08-2011 14:24 FrankRost is offline Send an Email to FrankRost Search for Posts by FrankRost Add FrankRost to your Buddy List
Transmute Jun Transmute Jun is a Female
Queen of the Bird Missiles

I am a Swan.

40 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 04-04-2007

spacer

Jason, those toys look awesome! Thanks so much for posting! And thanks, Frank, for bringing up the memories!

I too would love to see your article when it is completed.

No new posts 24-08-2011 14:35 Transmute Jun is offline Send an Email to Transmute Jun Homepage of Transmute Jun Search for Posts by Transmute Jun Add Transmute Jun to your Buddy List
Former Lurker

I am an Owl.

0 fics uploaded

spacer

thank you very much. Still work in this.

No new posts 10-09-2011 05:01 FrankRost is offline Send an Email to FrankRost Search for Posts by FrankRost Add FrankRost to your Buddy List
Members browsing this thread: none
Post New Thread Post Reply
Rate Thread: 

very bad very bad 

very good very good 

Go to: