Gatchamania.net
Register Memberlist Staff Search FAQ Arcade Calendar Gallery Filebase Forums Home  

Gatchamania.net »[Speak Up!] »General Discussion » Iborgia88
Print Page | Recommend to Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page Iborgia88
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
FrankRost FrankRost is a Male
Former Lurker

I am an Owl.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 06-07-2011

spacer
Question Iborgia88 Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator        IP Information Go to the top of this page

Hello everyone. Specially to Iborgia 88 and Transmute Jun.

I wanna know if I could take some of the pictures that I've seen at the section episode of the week, to illustrate a blog. Always keeping respect for their author.

Anyway thanks.

Thinking

The only unquestionable truth is death

No new posts 07-08-2011 17:51 FrankRost is offline Send an Email to FrankRost Search for Posts by FrankRost Add FrankRost to your Buddy List
lborgia88 lborgia88 is a Female
Gatchamaniac

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 27-06-2007

spacer
Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator        IP Information Go to the top of this page

Speaking for myself, you're more than welcome to use the screencap images in my "episode of the week" recaps. Saturn is the one who made nearly all of them, but I don't think she would mind at all either.

What is your blog called? I'd be curious to see it.

No new posts 07-08-2011 18:15 lborgia88 is offline Send an Email to lborgia88 Search for Posts by lborgia88 Add lborgia88 to your Buddy List YIM Screenname: lborgia88
Former Lurker

I am an Owl.

0 fics uploaded

spacer
Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator        IP Information Go to the top of this page

Thank you very much Iborgia88.

The blog is under construction, but You can see a sample on this link.

http://mangaair.blogspot.com/2011/07/050-la-batalla-de-los-planetas-comando.html.

Sorry, but is written in Spanish, however you can always translated with Google.

Silly

No new posts 07-08-2011 19:58 FrankRost is offline Send an Email to FrankRost Search for Posts by FrankRost Add FrankRost to your Buddy List
amethyst amethyst is a Female
Wanted: $1000 Reward

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 15-07-2009

spacer

quote:
Originally posted by FrankRost

Sorry, but is written in Spanish, however you can always translated with Google.

I prefer to read in Spanish and practice my reading. I read Spanish much better than I speak, but then I can say the same for English and that's my native language.

I noticed one possible error: Jasón (Joe Asakura en la versión norteamericana, Kondoru (cóndor) no Joe) This is technically not true, as in Battle of the Planets he was Jason, too. Joe Asakura is his name in the original Japanese version.

No new posts 07-08-2011 21:20 amethyst is offline Send an Email to amethyst Search for Posts by amethyst Add amethyst to your Buddy List
Former Lurker

I am an Owl.

0 fics uploaded

spacer

quote:
Originally posted by amethyst

I noticed one possible error: Jasón (Joe Asakura en la versión norteamericana, Kondoru (cóndor) no Joe) This is technically not true, as in Battle of the Planets he was Jason, too. Joe Asakura is his name in the original Japanese version.

You have reason In BOTP is Joe Asakura. Only is knowed like Joe the Condor in the OVA.

No new posts 08-08-2011 04:42 FrankRost is offline Send an Email to FrankRost Search for Posts by FrankRost Add FrankRost to your Buddy List
UnpublishedWriter UnpublishedWriter is a Female
Gatchamaniac

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 31-08-2009

spacer

In Science Ninja Team Gatchaman, G2 is Joe Asakura. The same name is in the OVA. Kondoru no Joe is sort of a nickname, and can be translated as 'Joe the Condor' or 'Condor Joe.' His full first name is Giorgio.

In Battle of the Planets, he's called Jason. No surname. They don't even tell us what his bird is supposed to be.

No new posts 08-08-2011 05:09 UnpublishedWriter is offline Send an Email to UnpublishedWriter Search for Posts by UnpublishedWriter Add UnpublishedWriter to your Buddy List

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

spacer

Frank, what you need to remember is those of us in the US have had many different incarnations of this show.

The first we saw in 1978, Battle of the Planets, with Mark, Jason, Princess, Keyop, and Tiny; we also had Chief Anderson, President Kane, and (unfortunately) Seven-Zark-Seven.

Then sometime in the late 80's early 90's came G-Force: Guardians of Space (I saw it around 1995, and was rather disappointed in it). There the team was Ace, Dirk, Aggie, Pee Wee, and Hooty; there was also Dr. Brighthead.

Sometime in the mid-90's the OAVs and a little later the ADV versions of Science Ninja Team Gatchaman came out. The is when most in the US got to see the original for the first time with Ken, Joe, Jun, Jinpei, Ryu, Dr. Nambu and Director Anderson. Although, a few anime enthusiast found ways to see this long before many of us.

No new posts 08-08-2011 05:40 amethyst is offline Send an Email to amethyst Search for Posts by amethyst Add amethyst to your Buddy List
Former Lurker

I am an Owl.

0 fics uploaded

spacer

It is clear that you are right, Ametysth. Myself is not one expert. Like you say, at several countries, several names, then, is significant?

Already something. The only indisputable truth is death.

Dead1

No new posts 08-08-2011 06:24 FrankRost is offline Send an Email to FrankRost Search for Posts by FrankRost Add FrankRost to your Buddy List

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

spacer

I would say that the names are significant, because each of the characters are slightly different, and people become attached to the characters.

For me, I love Jason from BotP, that was my show. I don't care at all for Dirk, mostly because I found GoS flat. I really like Joe, and if I had seen him before Jason, the roles might be reversed.

It seems, odd, but I do believe that if someone wanted to they could write an entire doctoral thesis on attachment to fictional characters.

No new posts 08-08-2011 16:17 amethyst is offline Send an Email to amethyst Search for Posts by amethyst Add amethyst to your Buddy List
lborgia88 lborgia88 is a Female
Gatchamaniac

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 27-06-2007

spacer

I like your blog, FrankRost. Is there a lot of nostalgia in Spain among those old enough to remember "La Batalla de los Planetas" being on television?

There's certainly a lot in the English-speaking world for those of us with fond memories of "Battle of the Planets) -which is what brought many of us to this site, and what got us interested in the original, Gatchaman, too.

Trying to figure out the Spanish names... Is "Commando G" another name used to refer to "La Batalla de los Planetas" (the version with the robot, 7-Zark-7)?

This version:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5RqMmrlG-xo&feature=related

I'm under the impression that "Fuerza G" specifically is the Spanish version of the series that in English is "G-Force: Guardians of Space" (which was made some years after Battle of the Planets)?

This version:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T5b25F5C7XQ&feature=related

Did any version of Gatchaman itself ever air on television in Spain? I believe that the second series, Gatchaman II, as well as the third series, "Gatchaman Fighter" were dubbed into Italian and shown on television in Italy in the 1980s.

This post has been edited 2 time(s), it was last edited by lborgia88 on 09-08-2011 at 19:38.
No new posts 09-08-2011 19:37 lborgia88 is offline Send an Email to lborgia88 Search for Posts by lborgia88 Add lborgia88 to your Buddy List YIM Screenname: lborgia88
Former Lurker

I am an Owl.

0 fics uploaded

spacer

quote:
Originally posted by lborgia88
I like your blog, FrankRost. Is there a lot of nostalgia in Spain among those old enough to remember "La Batalla de los Planetas" being on television?

thank you very much Iborgia

quote:
Trying to figure out the Spanish names... Is "Commando G" another name used to refer to "La Batalla de los Planetas" (the version with the robot, 7-Zark-7)?

Popularly, yes.

quote:
Did any version of Gatchaman itself ever air on television in Spain? I believe that the second series, Gatchaman II, as well as the third series, "Gatchaman Fighter" were dubbed into Italian and shown on television in Italy in the 1980s.

In Spain at first was broadcasted only the battle of the planets, but all the youth called it like Comando G. the tittle Battle of the Planets did not like (was a lot long). Initially Liked, but but quickly declined. Later i ear that was broadcasted Gatchaman as Comando G in Spain, and i plaint say that was one shipwreck, can be possible that there may have been an attempt to cast G Force. But that's improvable because of the poor reception of the public. May ear nothing for G-Force or another series. Anyway I don´t be one expert in the matter.

No new posts 11-08-2011 06:57 FrankRost is offline Send an Email to FrankRost Search for Posts by FrankRost Add FrankRost to your Buddy List
Transmute Jun Transmute Jun is a Female
Queen of the Bird Missiles

I am a Swan.

40 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 04-04-2007

spacer

I'm sorry I'm late to answer you, Frank. I've been away (in Europe, in fact, but not in Spain) and only just got back. You are welcome to use screencaps from my episodes of the week.

Thank you for posting the link to your blog!

No new posts 24-08-2011 14:38 Transmute Jun is offline Send an Email to Transmute Jun Homepage of Transmute Jun Search for Posts by Transmute Jun Add Transmute Jun to your Buddy List
Former Lurker

I am an Owl.

0 fics uploaded

spacer

Thank you. I agree your help.

No new posts 10-09-2011 05:02 FrankRost is offline Send an Email to FrankRost Search for Posts by FrankRost Add FrankRost to your Buddy List
Members browsing this thread: none
Post New Thread Post Reply
Rate Thread: 

very bad very bad 

very good very good 

Go to: