Gatchamania.net
Register Memberlist Staff Search FAQ Arcade Calendar Gallery Filebase Forums Home  

Gatchamania.net »[Speak Up!] »General Discussion » Bugs versus Homer
Print Page | Recommend to Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Pages (2): [1]  2  next »  Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page Bugs versus Homer
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Transmute Jun Transmute Jun is a Female
Queen of the Bird Missiles

I am a Swan.

40 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 04-04-2007

spacer
Bugs versus Homer Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator        IP Information Go to the top of this page

This is a cool pic... and check out who's in the audience!

No new posts 30-07-2011 03:13 Transmute Jun is offline Send an Email to Transmute Jun Homepage of Transmute Jun Search for Posts by Transmute Jun Add Transmute Jun to your Buddy List
Dragonsbain Dragonsbain is a Female
Boardie

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 18-04-2011

spacer
Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator        IP Information Go to the top of this page

Where did you find that picture?

A lot of the animated characters of the last 60 years are there. The team look like they are having fun. Well except for Ryu. He looks concerned about something.

No new posts 30-07-2011 03:55 Dragonsbain is offline Send an Email to Dragonsbain Search for Posts by Dragonsbain Add Dragonsbain to your Buddy List
lborgia88 lborgia88 is a Female
Gatchamaniac

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 27-06-2007

spacer
Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator        IP Information Go to the top of this page

Oh wow -there's a LOT of characters from TV shows that I recognize here -though also some I don't.

Very cool find!

Tiny's a kindly soul -he might be worried about Bugs or Homer getting hurt. Either that or he's got a bet riding on the outcome (probably against Jason) but isn't so sure now that his pick is going to win?

No new posts 30-07-2011 04:31 lborgia88 is offline Send an Email to lborgia88 Search for Posts by lborgia88 Add lborgia88 to your Buddy List YIM Screenname: lborgia88
clouddancer clouddancer is a Female
Gatchamaniac

I am an Owl.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 10-04-2007

spacer

That is a great picture. I see a lot of character I recognize and more I don't possibly because they are on American TV rather than Canadian.

No new posts 30-07-2011 12:54 clouddancer is offline Send an Email to clouddancer Search for Posts by clouddancer Add clouddancer to your Buddy List

I am a Swan.

40 fics uploaded

spacer

Other than G-Force, my favorite there in the audience is Batmite hanging onto Batman's ear. Too funny! I recognize *most* of the characters, but tere are a few I don't.

Dragonsbain, I just found it while surfing around the internet.

No new posts 30-07-2011 15:06 Transmute Jun is offline Send an Email to Transmute Jun Homepage of Transmute Jun Search for Posts by Transmute Jun Add Transmute Jun to your Buddy List
UnpublishedWriter UnpublishedWriter is a Female
Gatchamaniac

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 31-08-2009

spacer

That's Pinky from Pinky and the Brain. I can see Mighty Mouse on the other side of the ring, between Batman's ears.

It's a parody of the cover art for a 'Superman vs Muhammed Ali' comic done back in the 1970s. (I don't know if I still have it.)

No new posts 30-07-2011 17:19 UnpublishedWriter is offline Send an Email to UnpublishedWriter Search for Posts by UnpublishedWriter Add UnpublishedWriter to your Buddy List
Gatchamaniac

I am an Owl.

0 fics uploaded

spacer

Looking at it again, there are also more recent comic characters. I see Pikachu, and Sponge Bob and the Rugrats are standing in front of the Gatch Team.

No new posts 30-07-2011 19:54 clouddancer is offline Send an Email to clouddancer Search for Posts by clouddancer Add clouddancer to your Buddy List
Becky Rock Becky Rock is a Female
Gatchamaniac

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 16-04-2009

spacer

That's a great find. Jason's laughing his head off. Keyop looks like he's ready to jump in. I like how Space Ghost id chewing on his nails.

No new posts 30-07-2011 20:28 Becky Rock is offline Send an Email to Becky Rock Search for Posts by Becky Rock Add Becky Rock to your Buddy List
Gatchamaniac

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

spacer

quote:
Originally posted by UnpublishedWriter
It's a parody of the cover art for a 'Superman vs Muhammed Ali' comic done back in the 1970s.

Google turned up the image -I see what you mean about Bugs vs Homer being a parody.

I'm not sure I can "spot the celebrities" with any certainty in this one though (besides Batman) -especially as it would have been the 1970s.

No new posts 30-07-2011 21:11 lborgia88 is offline Send an Email to lborgia88 Search for Posts by lborgia88 Add lborgia88 to your Buddy List YIM Screenname: lborgia88
amethyst amethyst is a Female
Wanted: $1000 Reward

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 15-07-2009

spacer

Some caricatures look familiar, but I couldn't name them. However, that might be Lex Luther next to Batman.

Is it sad that we recognize cartoons and comics more than real people?

No new posts 31-07-2011 02:06 amethyst is offline Send an Email to amethyst Search for Posts by amethyst Add amethyst to your Buddy List
Gatchamaniac

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

spacer

Cartoon characters are more visually distinctive though, and they haven't aged any in appearance between now and the 1970s (don't really want to think about what a 51 year old Jason might look like...). I think I like the all-cartoon version better!

I did find *this* on wikipedia.

I think I can spot Donny & Marie Osmond, Lex Luthor, Alfred E. Neuman, Jerry Garcia, the Jackson 5 and Frank Sinatra. Any others is a real guessing game.

No new posts 31-07-2011 03:14 lborgia88 is offline Send an Email to lborgia88 Search for Posts by lborgia88 Add lborgia88 to your Buddy List YIM Screenname: lborgia88
Dragonsbain Dragonsbain is a Female
Boardie

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 18-04-2011

spacer

Amethyst: That question is the beginning of a Doctoral Thesis.

I agree with you. Wholehardly.

No new posts 31-07-2011 03:22 Dragonsbain is offline Send an Email to Dragonsbain Search for Posts by Dragonsbain Add Dragonsbain to your Buddy List

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

spacer

quote:
Originally posted by lborgia88
I think I can spot Donny & Marie Osmond, Lex Luthor, Alfred E. Neuman, Jerry Garcia, the Jackson 5 and Frank Sinatra. Any others is a real guessing game.

I found all of those except for Sinatra. I do believe that I've found the Fords, Sonny & Cher, Lucille Ball, Christopher Reeves, Don King (though I'm not positive because I remember him from the 80's with the wigged-out grey afro), the Beatles.

I've got strong possibilities for Diana Prince, Jimmy Olsen. That's it so far.

No new posts 31-07-2011 04:16 amethyst is offline Send an Email to amethyst Search for Posts by amethyst Add amethyst to your Buddy List
UnpublishedWriter UnpublishedWriter is a Female
Gatchamaniac

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 31-08-2009

spacer

The actual comic had a simplified rendering of the audience: outlines with numbers, and the list of the names.

Even those of us who knew them back in the 1970s would have trouble recognizing them now because our memories have altered. Either we look for their modern faces, or our memories only retain a few distinctive features.

BTW, the man in the lower right corner is, I think, (now) former President Jimmy Carter.

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by UnpublishedWriter on 31-07-2011 at 12:06.
No new posts 31-07-2011 12:03 UnpublishedWriter is offline Send an Email to UnpublishedWriter Search for Posts by UnpublishedWriter Add UnpublishedWriter to your Buddy List

I am a Swan.

40 fics uploaded

spacer

Thanks for the listing, LB! That's great to see and fun to peruse!

No new posts 31-07-2011 15:26 Transmute Jun is offline Send an Email to Transmute Jun Homepage of Transmute Jun Search for Posts by Transmute Jun Add Transmute Jun to your Buddy List
Gatchamaniac

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

spacer

When I think of an older Jason, I think of the actor Sam Elliott. Only problem is his voice is too deep.

No new posts 31-07-2011 16:33 Becky Rock is offline Send an Email to Becky Rock Search for Posts by Becky Rock Add Becky Rock to your Buddy List
Gatchamaniac

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

spacer

quote:
Originally posted by Becky Rock
When I think of an older Jason, I think of the actor Sam Elliott. Only problem is his voice is too deep.

Sounds like he'd make a better Joe, then?

I came up with the speculative age of "51" by pretending that Jason had been ~18 in 1978, or ten years older than me.

I'd like to think he could still look good to me, now, but he'd have some grey hair, lines on his face, probably need reading glasses...

That's the great thing about animated characters -they don't age. Laugh2 I mean, how long has Bart Simpson been a kid? Since 1989 or so?

No new posts 31-07-2011 17:51 lborgia88 is offline Send an Email to lborgia88 Search for Posts by lborgia88 Add lborgia88 to your Buddy List YIM Screenname: lborgia88
Gatchamaniac

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

spacer

And Maggie?

No new posts 31-07-2011 18:12 Becky Rock is offline Send an Email to Becky Rock Search for Posts by Becky Rock Add Becky Rock to your Buddy List
Gatchamaniac

I am an Owl.

0 fics uploaded

spacer

quote:
Originally posted by lborgia88That's the great thing about animated characters -they don't age. Laugh2 I mean, how long has Bart Simpson been a kid? Since 1989 or so?

Also think about those cartoon strips in the newspaper - the Peanuts and Family Circus strips are how old? And the kids have never grown up. COme to think about it Beetle Bailey has never left the army either. He must be past retirement age by now. Laugh2

No new posts 31-07-2011 23:29 clouddancer is offline Send an Email to clouddancer Search for Posts by clouddancer Add clouddancer to your Buddy List

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

spacer

quote:
Originally posted by Becky Rock

That's better than what I first pictured. I remembered that Joe was originally based on Steve McQueen, so my mind went right to him as the fire chief in Towering Inferno. Not bad, but Sam Elliott has the look and the attitude, and has aged well (though, I do prefer him with long scraggly hair a la Roadhouse, then with the short cropped of We Were Soldiers).

No new posts 01-08-2011 02:58 amethyst is offline Send an Email to amethyst Search for Posts by amethyst Add amethyst to your Buddy List
[1]  2  next »  --> Members browsing this thread: none Pages (2): [1]  2  next » 
Post New Thread Post Reply
Rate Thread: 

very bad very bad 

very good very good 

Go to: