Gatchamania.net
Register Memberlist Staff Search FAQ Arcade Calendar Gallery Filebase Forums Home  

Gatchamania.net »[Entertainment] »Film Flam » Tmnt
Print Page | Recommend to Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page Tmnt
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Springie Springie is a Female
Her Royal Fluffiness...Swan of Swans...

I am a Swan.

6 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 12-06-2006

spacer
Tmnt Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator        IP Information Go to the top of this page

Anyone else see TMNT this weekend?
I thought is was pretty good...although some of the characters were pretty exaggerated. Knifeyspoony

It got me even more excited to see Gatchaman, since the animation was so good! Swan

Just wondering what everyone thought... Flip

There is no problem that cannot be solved with time, patience, and a judicious amount of high explosives.

No new posts 25-03-2007 22:25 Springie is offline Send an Email to Springie Homepage of Springie Search for Posts by Springie Add Springie to your Buddy List YIM Screenname: Springie MSN Screenname: Springie
Metaliant Metaliant is a Male
Gatchamaniac

I am an Eagle.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 06-06-2005

spacer
Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator        IP Information Go to the top of this page

I have seen the Tmnt trailer and didn't think much of it. Maybe it's me but it looks too much CGI. Probably will rent it on DVD.

No new posts 28-03-2007 15:56 Metaliant is offline Send an Email to Metaliant Homepage of Metaliant Search for Posts by Metaliant Add Metaliant to your Buddy List MSN Screenname: The Legend
GATCHAMANMARK1 GATCHAMANMARK1 is a Male
Just popping in

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 28-03-2007

spacer
Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator        IP Information Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by Metaliant
I have seen the Tmnt trailer and didn't think much of it. Maybe it's me but it looks too much CGI. Probably will rent it on DVD.

Your missing out you should go see this movie it Rocks!

No new posts 29-03-2007 20:48 GATCHAMANMARK1 is offline Send an Email to GATCHAMANMARK1 Search for Posts by GATCHAMANMARK1 Add GATCHAMANMARK1 to your Buddy List
Metaliant Metaliant is a Male
Gatchamaniac

I am an Eagle.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 06-06-2005

spacer

I prefer the orignal film in the early 90s.

No new posts 29-03-2007 21:26 Metaliant is offline Send an Email to Metaliant Homepage of Metaliant Search for Posts by Metaliant Add Metaliant to your Buddy List MSN Screenname: The Legend
gatchgirl
Babbling Loonie

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 08-03-2006

spacer

Plan on going to see it Saturday.... the small clip I saw in the reviews made me sqeal rather loudly and no I'm not a Pig .... I know someone will come up with some weird things for that!

Racer by day, Feather Thrower all the time!

No new posts 30-03-2007 01:55 gatchgirl is offline Send an Email to gatchgirl Search for Posts by gatchgirl Add gatchgirl to your Buddy List
Cep Cep is a Male
Board Pirate

I am a Galactor.

Registration Date: 22-01-2004

spacer

Tmnt? Spooked

Gatchamania.net Administrator Gatch

No new posts 30-03-2007 08:35 Cep is offline Send an Email to Cep Homepage of Cep Search for Posts by Cep Add Cep to your Buddy List Add Cep to your Contact List AIM Screenname: cepeleon
Springie Springie is a Female
Her Royal Fluffiness...Swan of Swans...

I am a Swan.

6 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 12-06-2006

spacer

The new Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles movie....sorry, Cep! Peeper

There is no problem that cannot be solved with time, patience, and a judicious amount of high explosives.

No new posts 30-03-2007 09:22 Springie is offline Send an Email to Springie Homepage of Springie Search for Posts by Springie Add Springie to your Buddy List YIM Screenname: Springie MSN Screenname: Springie
GATCHAMANMARK1 GATCHAMANMARK1 is a Male
Just popping in

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 28-03-2007

spacer

quote:
Originally posted by gatchgirl
Plan on going to see it Saturday.... the small clip I saw in the reviews made me sqeal rather loudly and no I'm not a Pig .... I know someone will come up with some weird things for that!

Me to till I saw this movie. TMNT Rocks!

No new posts 30-03-2007 13:27 GATCHAMANMARK1 is offline Send an Email to GATCHAMANMARK1 Search for Posts by GATCHAMANMARK1 Add GATCHAMANMARK1 to your Buddy List
gatchgirl
Babbling Loonie

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

spacer

Only a couple of hours more and I will finally learn what all the hype is about... Can't wait!!!

No new posts 31-03-2007 09:20 gatchgirl is offline Send an Email to gatchgirl Search for Posts by gatchgirl Add gatchgirl to your Buddy List
CricketBeautiful
Forum God

I am a Zark.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 04-04-2004

spacer

Saw it on date with hubby.

Few science holes that could have been filled easily if they'd cared. Stars lining up? Make that something else equally dramatic but not subject to astrophysics, and I'd buy it. So I decided to buy it anyways.

I wish they'd explained who the Foot were when they explained who Shredder was. Or maybe they did. As was, I had to dredge it up. No biggie, but harder for the kids to enjoy it.

Agreed about the human figures. Hope they change the style for Gatch. The guys who did Shrek say they can't go too close to realistic human because then the inevitable not-quite-right get really creepy, but I'm sure they can come up with a better style. Tall and thin might work.

The movement on the turtles was amazing. Watch him go up a ladder; slighly asymmetrical movement. Not as well done for the humans, though -- things like stride too long for the rest of the motion and body-size.

Pacing and emotions and interactions was great! Saw a few things like "gun on the wall in Act I" that were great. (Ah, the joys of having read a book or two on writing, I see things like that, and have words for them.)

I'd show it to the kids on video, mine get clingy if things are too intense. The fight scenes aren't gorry, but they left it to our imaginatino rather than show us something unrealistic.

Definitely looking forward to their Gatch!

Cricket

- Viktor E. Frankl

No new posts 01-04-2007 20:47 CricketBeautiful is offline Send an Email to CricketBeautiful Homepage of CricketBeautiful Search for Posts by CricketBeautiful Add CricketBeautiful to your Buddy List YIM Screenname: cricketbeautiful MSN Screenname: cricketbeautiful@hotmail.com
gatchgirl
Babbling Loonie

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

spacer

Me too..... Cricket...

The movie was only slow in some parts... loved the angst between family members though Thumbsup

No new posts 02-04-2007 02:34 gatchgirl is offline Send an Email to gatchgirl Search for Posts by gatchgirl Add gatchgirl to your Buddy List
Members browsing this thread: none
Post New Thread Post Reply
Rate Thread: 

very bad very bad 

very good very good 

Go to: