Gatchamania.net
Register Memberlist Staff Search FAQ Arcade Calendar Gallery Filebase Forums Home  

Gatchamania.net »[Speak Up!] »General Discussion » The Puppy Episode
Print Page | Recommend to Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Pages (2): [1]  2  next »  Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page The Puppy Episode
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Dragonsbain Dragonsbain is a Female
Boardie

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 18-04-2011

spacer
Question The Puppy Episode Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator        IP Information Go to the top of this page

Hello all,
Does anyone know where I can get the blueprints to the God Phoenix? It would help me a lot with the rewrite of the puppy episode.

I have read a lot of the rewrites and reworking of "A Critical moment for the Science Ninja Team. They are all amazing. Most of them fall into the comedy realm.

Please correct me if I'm wrong but, the heart of the challenge is to stay within the guide lines of the story. While, at the same time, eliminating the WTF? moments.

I have been studying our main character, Joe, a lot for this rewrite and have figured out a few things about the Condor. I have been watching the ADV Gatchaman episodes, Japanese with subtitles for this.

Joe is perceived as a rock. Thanks to the great animators for Gatchaman he really isn't. Joe is normally very closed. But when he does emote you can see it on his face.It may be only 1 or 2 frames but it is there.
Joe is very touch sensitive. If Joe really wants to drive a point home he completes it with touch. Jinepi gets a lot of this. Also, the easiest way way to get Joe to drop his mask is with touch. Jun is, really good at doing this to him. Nambu is the only one on the team that can pull Joe's strings with his voice.

I really wanted to post all the pictures I'm referencing in this post but I'm still working out how to do that.

Any feedback would be very helpful.

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by Dragonsbain on 21-05-2011 at 20:12.
No new posts 21-05-2011 20:10 Dragonsbain is offline Send an Email to Dragonsbain Search for Posts by Dragonsbain Add Dragonsbain to your Buddy List
Becky Rock Becky Rock is a Female
Gatchamaniac

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 16-04-2009

spacer
Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator        IP Information Go to the top of this page

Hi Dragon.

For a bluepint of the ship, try Jason's site. Of course now I can't find my reference. I believe it's www.battleoftheplanets.net.

There's also Wendy's site, Home of the White Shadow.

No new posts 21-05-2011 21:22 Becky Rock is offline Send an Email to Becky Rock Search for Posts by Becky Rock Add Becky Rock to your Buddy List
lborgia88 lborgia88 is a Female
Gatchamaniac

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 27-06-2007

spacer
Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator        IP Information Go to the top of this page

You have good insight into the Condor -I look forward to reading your version, Dragonsbain!

Tatsunokofan had once posted some diagrams just of the God Phoenix's bridge, in this thread:

http://www.gatchamania.net/thread.php?postid=43510

But the images are gone now. Someone here might have copies saved, but if I recall, they mostly just showed the seating arrangements and were only of the bridge.

To the best of my knowledge, there is no complete diagram of the interior of the God Phoenix -just the brief glimpses we get in episodes when they're shown going to their g-machines or to the missile bays.

There is this cut-away, but it doesn't show a lot.

(Sorry it's small -I couldn't find it any larger-sized)

Wendy's "Home of the White Shadow" site has been down since early March, though it's supposed to come back once it's been moved.

You can still find it with this link, but it doesn't have any blueprints. It has lots of other useful stuff though.

http://web.archive.org/web/2009050104544....com/gatchaman/

This post has been edited 3 time(s), it was last edited by lborgia88 on 21-05-2011 at 23:01.
No new posts 21-05-2011 22:57 lborgia88 is offline Send an Email to lborgia88 Search for Posts by lborgia88 Add lborgia88 to your Buddy List YIM Screenname: lborgia88
Boardie

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

spacer

Thanks for all the info Becky and Iborgia88.

It's real important to me to get the characters and mecha right. Considering I don't know any of the original script writers, I can only study the episodes.

I luv my IPad for watching the episodes. You can study all of episodes second by second.

No new posts 22-05-2011 00:36 Dragonsbain is offline Send an Email to Dragonsbain Search for Posts by Dragonsbain Add Dragonsbain to your Buddy List
jublke
Forum Legend

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 24-10-2009

spacer

Dragonsbain, I thought this was an interesting observation:

"Joe is very touch sensitive. If Joe really wants to drive a point home he completes it with touch. Jinepi gets a lot of this. Also, the easiest way way to get Joe to drop his mask is with touch. Jun is, really good at doing this to him. Nambu is the only one on the team that can pull Joe's strings with his voice."

Thinking

Now I am going to have to go back & look at the BotP episodes to see if the same holds true for Jason.

Julie K.

No new posts 22-05-2011 02:44 jublke is offline Send an Email to jublke Homepage of jublke Search for Posts by jublke Add jublke to your Buddy List
Transmute Jun Transmute Jun is a Female
Queen of the Bird Missiles

I am a Swan.

40 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 04-04-2007

spacer

Let us know your observations, Julie!

No new posts 22-05-2011 14:35 Transmute Jun is offline Send an Email to Transmute Jun Homepage of Transmute Jun Search for Posts by Transmute Jun Add Transmute Jun to your Buddy List
gatchamarie gatchamarie is a Female
Gatchamaniac

I am an Eagle.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 18-06-2009

spacer

You have a very good insight of Joe's character, Dragonsbain! I can't wait to see what you'll come up with!

No new posts 22-05-2011 15:56 gatchamarie is offline Send an Email to gatchamarie Search for Posts by gatchamarie Add gatchamarie to your Buddy List
Boardie

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

spacer

Hello all,

Jublke: I want to see what you come up with. They did change Joe's character for BOTP.

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by Dragonsbain on 22-05-2011 at 23:18.
No new posts 22-05-2011 19:11 Dragonsbain is offline Send an Email to Dragonsbain Search for Posts by Dragonsbain Add Dragonsbain to your Buddy List
Boardie

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

spacer

Hello all,
I finally figured out the picture thing.whoo Now I can show you what I'm talking about.

The first set is Nambu and Joe from "Hell's Speed Race"
http://www.photoshop.com/accounts/dc86bed7f9624daeac3f80d053418bc0/px-assets/7bb9e5d5d2ea43a5974eba5dfc9362dd

2 frames later
http://www.photoshop.com/accounts/dc86bed7f9624daeac3f80d053418bc0/px-assets/f1075f65d4eb4280820c9b2040b0f89e

Now on to what Jun seems to be able to do. These are both from "Firebird vs. Fire Eating Dragon.
http://www.photoshop.com/accounts/dc86bed7f9624daeac3f80d053418bc0/px-assets/69ab8c482b7a4509988cfe0ceba35249

Then the very next frame.
http://www.photoshop.com/accounts/dc86bed7f9624daeac3f80d053418bc0/px-assets/fe4c2f374a7949a399238f5777f98ad3

The same basic thing happens between Joe and Jun in GatchII when Joe returns.

Ok this is just a great picture from " Revenge! The Whale Operation"
http://www.photoshop.com/accounts/dc86bed7f9624daeac3f80d053418bc0/px-assets/48615c2284d9490aa6fbf0e18490c369

Here is a nice example of Joe getting his point across with touch. This is from the Ibukuron episode.
http://www.photoshop.com/accounts/dc86bed7f9624daeac3f80d053418bc0/px-assets/1a625c2b4a0d4a1e8f8bb08df8ae62f3

I hope these illustrate the points.

Be well.

No new posts 23-05-2011 03:24 Dragonsbain is offline Send an Email to Dragonsbain Search for Posts by Dragonsbain Add Dragonsbain to your Buddy List
littlewolf littlewolf is a Female
Forum God

I am an Owl.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 10-04-2010

spacer

Interesting -
Joe always struck me as being very tactile, ever when he is shown leaning against a wall , he is often seen twirling his gun or with a shuriken like he was using them to center or focus his thoughts.

In many of the fics he is portrayed to have a very sensual and seductive side but mostly on his terms, (a need to control himself, situation and outcome) this, then would be reversed if someone touches him (in the case of Jun) thus revealing another side to him, perhaps vulnerable/wounded or showing cracks in his armour.(Joe struck me as having a certain need for control even if others do not perceive his action like that, perhaps because he did not have that level of control when his parents were killed) (even the Condor needs a hug )

Perhaps Nambu has a authoritarian or parental voice, appealing to the soldier or the child within Joe

No new posts 23-05-2011 13:11 littlewolf is offline Send an Email to littlewolf Search for Posts by littlewolf Add littlewolf to your Buddy List

I am a Swan.

40 fics uploaded

spacer

Even the COndor needs a hug... that's perfect, Dragonsbain! ROFL 2

But seriously, you make some very good points. These are some great insights!

No new posts 23-05-2011 13:51 Transmute Jun is offline Send an Email to Transmute Jun Homepage of Transmute Jun Search for Posts by Transmute Jun Add Transmute Jun to your Buddy List
Boardie

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

spacer

Littlewolf: Bingo!! You got it.

I really want to fully explain my thoughts about Joe, but I'm saving it for the episode rewrite.

Everyone can disagree with me if they want to but, I always thought that Jinpei saved Joe when they had to Bird Missile Crescent Coral. If you watch it frame by frame it LOOKS like Joe is on the edge of a full fledged sob before Jinpei starts speaking. I say sob and not cry because... Oh,heck I'll just post the picks.

One last question. What was Ken's mothers name?

Thank-you everybody for all your help.

No new posts 23-05-2011 18:31 Dragonsbain is offline Send an Email to Dragonsbain Search for Posts by Dragonsbain Add Dragonsbain to your Buddy List
amethyst amethyst is a Female
Wanted: $1000 Reward

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 15-07-2009

spacer

quote:
Originally posted by Dragonsbain
One last question. What was Ken's mothers name?

In the original it was never stated. However, many use Sayuri which is the name that she was given in the OAVs. I'd say, feel free to use what you wish.

BTW -- love your character insights. Can't wait to read your story.

No new posts 23-05-2011 19:12 amethyst is offline Send an Email to amethyst Search for Posts by amethyst Add amethyst to your Buddy List
Boardie

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

spacer

Thanks amethyst. Now I can finish the rewrite.

No new posts 23-05-2011 20:30 Dragonsbain is offline Send an Email to Dragonsbain Search for Posts by Dragonsbain Add Dragonsbain to your Buddy List
Boardie

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

spacer

Hello everybody,
I just submitted Chapter 1 to Gatchafanfic. Hopefully it will be accepted.
Waiting

No new posts 01-06-2011 03:45 Dragonsbain is offline Send an Email to Dragonsbain Search for Posts by Dragonsbain Add Dragonsbain to your Buddy List
Boardie

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

spacer

It's up. It's just Chapter 1. I'll get the rest up as soon as possible.

No new posts 01-06-2011 09:01 Dragonsbain is offline Send an Email to Dragonsbain Search for Posts by Dragonsbain Add Dragonsbain to your Buddy List

I am a Swan.

40 fics uploaded

spacer

That's great! Could you post a link here so we can find it more easily?

No new posts 01-06-2011 14:23 Transmute Jun is offline Send an Email to Transmute Jun Homepage of Transmute Jun Search for Posts by Transmute Jun Add Transmute Jun to your Buddy List
gatchamarie gatchamarie is a Female
Gatchamaniac

I am an Eagle.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 18-06-2009

spacer

Lovely news, Dragonsbain!

No new posts 01-06-2011 15:18 gatchamarie is offline Send an Email to gatchamarie Search for Posts by gatchamarie Add gatchamarie to your Buddy List
lborgia88 lborgia88 is a Female
Gatchamaniac

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 27-06-2007

spacer

Good to hear, Dragonsbain!

No new posts 01-06-2011 17:43 lborgia88 is offline Send an Email to lborgia88 Search for Posts by lborgia88 Add lborgia88 to your Buddy List YIM Screenname: lborgia88
Boardie

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

spacer

Here is the link:
http://www.gatchfanfic.com/viewstory.php?sid=1293

Enjoy and comment.Happy

No new posts 01-06-2011 21:02 Dragonsbain is offline Send an Email to Dragonsbain Search for Posts by Dragonsbain Add Dragonsbain to your Buddy List
[1]  2  next »  --> Members browsing this thread: none Pages (2): [1]  2  next » 
Post New Thread Post Reply
Rate Thread: 

very bad very bad 

very good very good 

Go to: