Gatchamania.net
Register Memberlist Staff Search FAQ Arcade Calendar Gallery Filebase Forums Home  

Gatchamania.net »[Speak Up!] »General Discussion » They'll save money on me
Print Page | Recommend to Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page They'll save money on me
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
CricketBeautiful
Forum God

I am a Zark.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 04-04-2004

spacer
They'll save money on me Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator        IP Information Go to the top of this page

Canada Post has, for many years, raised the price of a standard letter by a penny or two every year or two. I think over the last 10 years it's been a tad over inflation, but not a big impact on the household budget.

No big deal, you make yet another trip to the service desk at the grocery store (assuming they sell stamps, otherwise you may have to make a special trip) and buy a bunch of 1 cent stamps. A reasonably big bunch, because you know they'll do it again next year.

I remember as a kid, pre-internet, Mom used to buy stamps by the 100 (guess we racked up a lot of bills each month), and one January when I was buying 50 1-cent stamps a middle-aged woman was amazed we could do that -- she had just thrown out a dozen of the old stamps.

Canada Post is now selling Permanent stamps. Pay today's rate, and it'll mail a standard letter years from now.

So, will they lose or gain money?

Save on me. Don't have to spend time printing and selling me those 1-cent stamps.

Lose on the lady who didn't know. She threw out the old stamps, but won't throw out these ones.

Gain on those who buy a lot now and lose them.

Yep, random blathering.

When I run out of last-year's stamps I'm going to add up all my 1-cent stamps and use them on a letter to Mom.

Cheers!

- Viktor E. Frankl

No new posts 14-01-2007 16:08 CricketBeautiful is offline Send an Email to CricketBeautiful Homepage of CricketBeautiful Search for Posts by CricketBeautiful Add CricketBeautiful to your Buddy List YIM Screenname: cricketbeautiful MSN Screenname: cricketbeautiful@hotmail.com
Members browsing this thread: none
Post New Thread Post Reply
Rate Thread: 

very bad very bad 

very good very good 

Go to: