Gatchamania.net
Register Memberlist Staff Search FAQ Arcade Calendar Gallery Filebase Forums Home  

Gatchamania.net »[Speak Up!] »General Discussion » Now open
Print Page | Recommend to Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Pages (4): [1]  2  3  next »  ... last »  Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page Now open
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
The Other Jason The Other Jason is a Male
Boardie

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 11-08-2010

spacer
Now open Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator        IP Information Go to the top of this page

Hi all,

I know this is the day for it, but I promise I'm not making a joke. :-)

I've been working on a Battle of the Planets site for the past few years and I'm happy to finally say it is open.

I have an intro page there, so I'll let that do most of the talking. But briefly, I've tried to create the most in-depth site about Battle of the Planets for fans to reference. Some things may never be answered - like most of the characters' last names - but if you want a long list of every named part and function of 7-Zark-7's cluttered innards, it's there. ;-)

I'll be glad to hear anyone's thoughts about it here at Gatchamania or via the e-mail address on the site's welcome page. But if you notice any problems like broken links, images that don't load, typos or things of that nature, please send me an e-mail. I'd rather not clog up the boards here with reports of things to fix. :-)

Also, please understand if I don't respond to each and every letter. I'm a one-man operation. But I'll do what I can to get back with anyone who writes.

I hope the site will be informative, useful and most of all, fun for all of you to poke through. Enjoy!

www.battleoftheplanets.net

No new posts 01-04-2011 14:55 The Other Jason is offline Send an Email to The Other Jason Homepage of The Other Jason Search for Posts by The Other Jason Add The Other Jason to your Buddy List
clouddancer clouddancer is a Female
Gatchamaniac

I am an Owl.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 10-04-2007

spacer
Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator        IP Information Go to the top of this page

Jason, I have not had much time to do more than skim through your site, I hope I will find the time this weekend but I think this is going to be a great resource. Thank you for taking the time to create it.

No new posts 01-04-2011 15:27 clouddancer is offline Send an Email to clouddancer Search for Posts by clouddancer Add clouddancer to your Buddy List
Madilayn Madilayn is a Female
Mistress of Ebil

I am a Swan.

24 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 01-02-2006

spacer
Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator        IP Information Go to the top of this page

Jason, it's terrific to see your site up and active - and I know that more than one person here will bless your little cotton socks that all of your knowledge is now available online!

I know that when questions arise, a common theme remark is along the lines of "Now what did Jason say about that?"

"When I'm old, I don't want them to say of me, "She's so charming." I want them to say, "Be careful, I think she's armed." -G. Stoddart

No new posts 01-04-2011 15:32 Madilayn is offline Send an Email to Madilayn Homepage of Madilayn Search for Posts by Madilayn Add Madilayn to your Buddy List
Transmute Jun Transmute Jun is a Female
Queen of the Bird Missiles

I am a Swan.

40 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 04-04-2007

spacer

Jason, this is an awesome site! I've already used it as a reference for my fanfics! thumbsup2

No new posts 01-04-2011 17:37 Transmute Jun is offline Send an Email to Transmute Jun Homepage of Transmute Jun Search for Posts by Transmute Jun Add Transmute Jun to your Buddy List
gatchamarie gatchamarie is a Female
Gatchamaniac

I am an Eagle.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 18-06-2009

spacer

Jason, you've created such an awesome site! As CD, I only had the chance to view it in a hurry, but I'll surely visit it when I'll have some more time! As I'm one who doesn't know that much about BotP, since I've grown up with Gatchaman, this site of yours will really be a big help for me to understand things related to BotP better! Thanks a lot!

No new posts 01-04-2011 18:50 gatchamarie is offline Send an Email to gatchamarie Search for Posts by gatchamarie Add gatchamarie to your Buddy List
lborgia88 lborgia88 is a Female
Gatchamaniac

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 27-06-2007

spacer

Wow. There's a wealth of information here, both for all the episodes and characters -even minor ones whose names were hitherto unknown- and also for how the whole series was made! And all handily cross-referenced with links!!

This is a truly impressive accomplishment, Jason -thank you!

No new posts 01-04-2011 19:28 lborgia88 is offline Send an Email to lborgia88 Search for Posts by lborgia88 Add lborgia88 to your Buddy List YIM Screenname: lborgia88
RIgirl RIgirl is a Female
Babbling Loonie

I am a Red Squadron.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 12-04-2010

spacer

I shall add my compliments to those above -- I went on briefly and was greatly impressed by the wealth of knowledge there.

And ...

:whispers:

thank you for not making Cronus out to be worse than Zoltar .. and for including one of my favorite quotes from him!

No new posts 01-04-2011 21:53 RIgirl is offline Send an Email to RIgirl Search for Posts by RIgirl Add RIgirl to your Buddy List
Springie Springie is a Female
Her Royal Fluffiness...Swan of Swans...

I am a Swan.

6 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 12-06-2006

spacer

Animeparty Amazing, amazing site! I've just spent quite a while pouring over it and it is fabulous! Thanks so much for sharing your talents with us, Jason!

There is no problem that cannot be solved with time, patience, and a judicious amount of high explosives.

No new posts 02-04-2011 00:42 Springie is offline Send an Email to Springie Homepage of Springie Search for Posts by Springie Add Springie to your Buddy List YIM Screenname: Springie MSN Screenname: Springie
green green is a Female
Gatchamaniac

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 15-11-2009

spacer

Oooooh! Wow! I know many have already said thank you, Jason, but let me throw my voice in as well!! I think a many happy hour will be spent trawling so....

Bookmarked! LOL

No new posts 02-04-2011 01:08 green is offline Send an Email to green Search for Posts by green Add green to your Buddy List
The Other Jason The Other Jason is a Male
Boardie

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 11-08-2010

spacer

Hi all,

Thank you everyone for your nice compliments, I'm very happy to finally have the site open and glad to hear it's already been used for reference for more creative work!

quote:
Originally posted by lborgia88
Wow. There's a wealth of information here, both for all the episodes and characters -even minor ones whose names were hitherto unknown- and also for how the whole series was made! And all handily cross-referenced with links!!!

When I started looking through various series materials, they proved to be filled with tons of cool on and off screen details that I knew had never been revealed. I figured other fans would be just as thrilled to learn "new" character names and terms, correct spellings and all sorts of other information. I'm really looking forward to seeing reactions to some of the things tucked away in the pages.

The cross-referencing seemed to make sense as some of the sections started getting more involved. I'm glad you like that, it makes flipping quickly between things a breeze.

quote:
Originally posted by RIgirl
thank you for not making Cronus out to be worse than Zoltar .. and for including one of my favorite quotes from him!!

Ahh, that's such a great quote for him. It was the only one I ever considered to lead off his section. Smile

Thanks again everyone!

No new posts 02-04-2011 09:14 The Other Jason is offline Send an Email to The Other Jason Homepage of The Other Jason Search for Posts by The Other Jason Add The Other Jason to your Buddy List
Gatchamaniac

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

spacer

quote:
Originally posted by The Other Jason
I'm really looking forward to seeing reactions to some of the things tucked away in the pages.

Ah, even more incentive to keep reading... I did find the "long list of every named part and function of 7-Zark-7's cluttered innards" -holy cow, I hadn't realized just how many parts he has! Laugh1 A very handy reference for writing any Zark scene, that's for sure.

quote:
The cross-referencing seemed to make sense as some of the sections started getting more involved. I'm glad you like that, it makes flipping quickly between things a breeze.

Yes, it does. So often I can remember something significant being said/shown about a character but I can't remember what episode it was said/shown in. Your links to specific episodes from the character pages are an especially helpful feature.

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by lborgia88 on 02-04-2011 at 22:42.
No new posts 02-04-2011 22:41 lborgia88 is offline Send an Email to lborgia88 Search for Posts by lborgia88 Add lborgia88 to your Buddy List YIM Screenname: lborgia88
Becky Rock Becky Rock is a Female
Gatchamaniac

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 16-04-2009

spacer

Jason, your site is wonderful. The wealth of information you've gathered is invaluable.

Thanks for sharing it!

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by Becky Rock on 08-04-2011 at 22:27.
No new posts 02-04-2011 23:50 Becky Rock is offline Send an Email to Becky Rock Search for Posts by Becky Rock Add Becky Rock to your Buddy List
Ebonyswanne Ebonyswanne is a Female
Gatchamaniac

I am a Swan.

23 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 25-04-2007

spacer

Thats an AWESOME website, easy to navigate, I think i'll be spending time over there doing some reading. Thanks for the link, its in my favourites! Huggles

No new posts 05-04-2011 10:18 Ebonyswanne is offline Send an Email to Ebonyswanne Search for Posts by Ebonyswanne Add Ebonyswanne to your Buddy List
Gatchamaniac

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

spacer

quote:
I'm really looking forward to seeing reactions to some of the things tucked away in the pages.

I found your revelation, at the bottom of his character page, about how Keyop is referred to and described in the series pilot script (and almost described by Chief Anderson in "Mission to Inner Space") very interesting! It makes such a good explanation for his speech patterns too (as well as his unusual body temperature). I often wish there were more canon details about all the team members' origins, but then, much being left mysterious or unknown does leave the door open for creative speculation, especially in fics.

No new posts 05-04-2011 20:15 lborgia88 is offline Send an Email to lborgia88 Search for Posts by lborgia88 Add lborgia88 to your Buddy List YIM Screenname: lborgia88
amethyst amethyst is a Female
Wanted: $1000 Reward

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 15-07-2009

spacer

Great site, Jason! This is a wonderful fandom resource. Thank you!

No new posts 08-04-2011 02:30 amethyst is offline Send an Email to amethyst Search for Posts by amethyst Add amethyst to your Buddy List
Pufles65 Pufles65 is a Female
Master Boardie

I am a Swallow.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 20-06-2010

spacer

I was so excited to see it had finally opened and loved perusing through the various sites and photos. Brought a lot of fond memories to the surface, can't wait to have time to look through it more thoroughly. Smile

No new posts 09-04-2011 01:11 Pufles65 is offline Send an Email to Pufles65 Search for Posts by Pufles65 Add Pufles65 to your Buddy List
Gatchamaniac

I am an Owl.

0 fics uploaded

spacer

quote:
Originally posted by Pufles65 Brought a lot of fond memories to the surface, can't wait to have time to look through it more thoroughly. Smile

I have to agree completely with Puffles. I have been spending a bit of time here every day and have really been enjoying my time and the memories, as well as the reminders of what I had forgotten.

It always surprises me how much I have forgotten and how much I have "altered" so it fits into my own AU.

No new posts 09-04-2011 01:37 clouddancer is offline Send an Email to clouddancer Search for Posts by clouddancer Add clouddancer to your Buddy List
Gatchamaniac

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

spacer

quote:
Originally posted by clouddancer
I have been spending a bit of time here every day and have really been enjoying my time and the memories, as well as the reminders of what I had forgotten.

Me too. I was reminded that I'd forgotten all about Cronus having a wife and infant son "Timmy" in the "Peaks of Planet Odin" episode. But then, they were never really mentioned again in any other episode.

I suppose if you don't follow the Sandy Frank production order, but rather the order where "The Conway Tape Trap" is the final episode, one might be able to claim that "Timmy" is who Mark means when he says "Brother" in front of that grave in "The Awesome Armadillo" and solve the "What happened to Timmy?" (and possibly the wife too) question in a grim sort of way...

No new posts 09-04-2011 18:31 lborgia88 is offline Send an Email to lborgia88 Search for Posts by lborgia88 Add lborgia88 to your Buddy List YIM Screenname: lborgia88
Gatchamaniac

I am an Owl.

0 fics uploaded

spacer

quote:
Originally posted by lborgia88
I suppose if you don't follow the Sandy Frank production order, but rather the order where "The Conway Tape Trap" is the final episode, one might be able to claim that "Timmy" is who Mark means when he says "Brother" in front of that grave in "The Awesome Armadillo" and solve the "What happened to Timmy?" (and possibly the wife too) question in a grim sort of way...

Good point LB, I had never thought of that. In my AU there are several reasons I tend to want to follow the Gatch production order rather than the Sandy Frank one. Although I guess I could work in the "brother" comment from Mark in some other way.

No new posts 09-04-2011 18:45 clouddancer is offline Send an Email to clouddancer Search for Posts by clouddancer Add clouddancer to your Buddy List
amethyst amethyst is a Female
Wanted: $1000 Reward

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 15-07-2009

spacer

I got to admit that those are the two biggest questions regarding Mark and Cronus and family. Are there two brothers or just one. One episode suggests a younger brother, but the other episode suggests an older one. What happened to them?

No new posts 10-04-2011 00:18 amethyst is offline Send an Email to amethyst Search for Posts by amethyst Add amethyst to your Buddy List
[1]  2  3  next »  ... last »  --> Members browsing this thread: none Pages (4): [1]  2  3  next »  ... last » 
Post New Thread Post Reply
Rate Thread: 

very bad very bad 

very good very good 

Go to: