Gatchamania.net
Register Memberlist Staff Search FAQ Arcade Calendar Gallery Filebase Forums Home  

Gatchamania.net »[Fun Forums] »You Gotta See This! » I wouldn't volunteer for this!
Print Page | Recommend to Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Pages (2): [1]  2  next »  Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page I wouldn't volunteer for this!
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
meridianday meridianday is a Female
Galaxy Girl

I am a Devilstar.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 27-06-2001

spacer
I wouldn't volunteer for this! Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator        IP Information Go to the top of this page

Weightless surgery
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/sci/tech/5383764.stm

Performed over a number of 20 second bursts of weightlessness in the "vomit comet". Presumably the operatee is going to be on a local rather than general anaesthetic.

I suppose it's the sort of thing that needs to be practiced at some point, but surely there's a better way to simulate outer-space operating conditions than 20 second bursts of it?

I don't quite understand how it's going to help in earthquake situations either, since I think there's generally a normal amount of gravity during and after those.

Devilstar Mallanox : "My mother was Irish and my father was an alien. I was an only child and I dress funny." Devilstar

No new posts 27-09-2006 06:35 meridianday is offline Send an Email to meridianday Homepage of meridianday Search for Posts by meridianday Add meridianday to your Buddy List
gatchgirl
Babbling Loonie

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 08-03-2006

spacer
Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator        IP Information Go to the top of this page

I think they did this on the Biggest Loser show a season or two ago. Thanks for the info.

Racer by day, Feather Thrower all the time!

No new posts 27-09-2006 23:41 gatchgirl is offline Send an Email to gatchgirl Search for Posts by gatchgirl Add gatchgirl to your Buddy List
Metaliant Metaliant is a Male
Gatchamaniac

I am an Eagle.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 06-06-2005

spacer
RE: I wouldn't volunteer for this! Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator        IP Information Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by meridianday
Weightless surgery
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/sci/tech/5383764.stm

Performed over a number of 20 second bursts of weightlessness in the "vomit comet". Presumably the operatee is going to be on a local rather than general anaesthetic.

I suppose it's the sort of thing that needs to be practiced at some point, but surely there's a better way to simulate outer-space operating conditions than 20 second bursts of it?

I don't quite understand how it's going to help in earthquake situations either, since I think there's generally a normal amount of gravity during and after those.

Saw that on the news. I think that's the only way to simulate zero gravity and if they could do that any other way, then they would use it. Oh by the way, it's not outer-space but within the Van Ellen belt where the space tourists go up and see the remains of Redsquadron

No new posts 29-09-2006 17:18 Metaliant is offline Send an Email to Metaliant Homepage of Metaliant Search for Posts by Metaliant Add Metaliant to your Buddy List MSN Screenname: The Legend
gatchgirl
Babbling Loonie

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

spacer
Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator        IP Information Go to the top of this page

So are you saying that they wind up with a part of Red Impulse on them??? Thinking How gross!!! muwawawawawa

No new posts 29-09-2006 21:30 gatchgirl is offline Send an Email to gatchgirl Search for Posts by gatchgirl Add gatchgirl to your Buddy List
Gatchamaniac

I am an Eagle.

0 fics uploaded

spacer

No but they do get to buy the Red Impulse/Colonel Cronos dols though.

No new posts 30-09-2006 07:09 Metaliant is offline Send an Email to Metaliant Homepage of Metaliant Search for Posts by Metaliant Add Metaliant to your Buddy List MSN Screenname: The Legend
meridianday meridianday is a Female
Galaxy Girl

I am a Devilstar.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 27-06-2001

spacer

L'esprit d'aviation.

Devilstar Mallanox : "My mother was Irish and my father was an alien. I was an only child and I dress funny." Devilstar

No new posts 30-09-2006 09:32 meridianday is offline Send an Email to meridianday Homepage of meridianday Search for Posts by meridianday Add meridianday to your Buddy List
Gatchamaniac

I am an Eagle.

0 fics uploaded

spacer

Eh?

No new posts 01-10-2006 10:22 Metaliant is offline Send an Email to Metaliant Homepage of Metaliant Search for Posts by Metaliant Add Metaliant to your Buddy List MSN Screenname: The Legend
Buffy Buffy is a Female
Boardie

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 25-07-2001

spacer

The Spirit of Aviation....?

The Soul of Flight?

"Spider sense....tingling."

No new posts 01-10-2006 16:00 Buffy is offline Send an Email to Buffy Search for Posts by Buffy Add Buffy to your Buddy List
gatch72 gatch72 is a Male
Honoured Member

I am a Berg Katse.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 20-07-2004

spacer

Crazy things are going on these days...

No new posts 01-10-2006 17:53 gatch72 is offline Homepage of gatch72 Search for Posts by gatch72 Add gatch72 to your Buddy List MSN Screenname: zoltarkatse@hotmail.com
gatchgirl
Babbling Loonie

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

spacer

I'll agree with that!

No new posts 02-10-2006 00:49 gatchgirl is offline Send an Email to gatchgirl Search for Posts by gatchgirl Add gatchgirl to your Buddy List
Cep Cep is a Male
Board Pirate

I am a Galactor.

Registration Date: 22-01-2004

spacer

Baaa Me three

Gatchamania.net Administrator Gatch

No new posts 02-10-2006 15:14 Cep is offline Send an Email to Cep Homepage of Cep Search for Posts by Cep Add Cep to your Buddy List Add Cep to your Contact List AIM Screenname: cepeleon
Gatchamaniac

I am an Eagle.

0 fics uploaded

spacer

quote:
Originally posted by gatch72
Crazy things are going on these days...

Maybe we have enterred the Crazy 00s decade.

I always say that since the turn of the century and mlliennium, everything has starting to fall apart, except my trousers. Thank god for belts.

No new posts 02-10-2006 19:45 Metaliant is offline Send an Email to Metaliant Homepage of Metaliant Search for Posts by Metaliant Add Metaliant to your Buddy List MSN Screenname: The Legend
gatchgirl
Babbling Loonie

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

spacer

but the trousers falling apart could be a good thing Sex Smilievsgrin sorry guess i need to stay in the rubber room!

No new posts 02-10-2006 22:45 gatchgirl is offline Send an Email to gatchgirl Search for Posts by gatchgirl Add gatchgirl to your Buddy List
gatch72 gatch72 is a Male
Honoured Member

I am a Berg Katse.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 20-07-2004

spacer

If it works, then maybe they will be able to perform surgerys that will be alot safer....Just a thought..

No new posts 02-10-2006 22:45 gatch72 is offline Homepage of gatch72 Search for Posts by gatch72 Add gatch72 to your Buddy List MSN Screenname: zoltarkatse@hotmail.com
Gatchamaniac

I am an Eagle.

0 fics uploaded

spacer

That's what they said in the news interview and if they go to Mars (that's the planet and not the chocolate bar) then the surgeons could use a robot surgeon to do anything like that on the journey.

No new posts 03-10-2006 05:52 Metaliant is offline Send an Email to Metaliant Homepage of Metaliant Search for Posts by Metaliant Add Metaliant to your Buddy List MSN Screenname: The Legend
Gatchamaniac

I am an Eagle.

0 fics uploaded

spacer

quote:
Originally posted by gatchgirl
but the trousers falling apart could be a good thing Sex Smilievsgrin sorry guess i need to stay in the rubber room!

hy do you want my trousers to fall down?

No new posts 03-10-2006 05:53 Metaliant is offline Send an Email to Metaliant Homepage of Metaliant Search for Posts by Metaliant Add Metaliant to your Buddy List MSN Screenname: The Legend
Cep Cep is a Male
Board Pirate

I am a Galactor.

spacer

I could tell you but then I'd have to shoot you Guns2

No new posts 03-10-2006 09:51 Cep is offline Send an Email to Cep Homepage of Cep Search for Posts by Cep Add Cep to your Buddy List Add Cep to your Contact List AIM Screenname: cepeleon
gatchgirl
Babbling Loonie

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

spacer

If ya feel like it why not!!! Man I'm going crazy on the internet, must be the strain from work.

No new posts 04-10-2006 22:14 gatchgirl is offline Send an Email to gatchgirl Search for Posts by gatchgirl Add gatchgirl to your Buddy List
Springie Springie is a Female
Her Royal Fluffiness...Swan of Swans...

I am a Swan.

6 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 12-06-2006

spacer

Uhhhhhhhh...Is this discussion headed for the rubber room????? Omfg Biglaugh1

There is no problem that cannot be solved with time, patience, and a judicious amount of high explosives.

No new posts 05-10-2006 00:42 Springie is offline Send an Email to Springie Homepage of Springie Search for Posts by Springie Add Springie to your Buddy List YIM Screenname: Springie MSN Screenname: Springie
Cep Cep is a Male
Board Pirate

I am a Galactor.

spacer

Only if it positively must Devilgrin

No new posts 05-10-2006 16:43 Cep is offline Send an Email to Cep Homepage of Cep Search for Posts by Cep Add Cep to your Buddy List Add Cep to your Contact List AIM Screenname: cepeleon
[1]  2  next »  --> Members browsing this thread: none Pages (2): [1]  2  next » 
Post New Thread Post Reply
Rate Thread: 

very bad very bad 

very good very good 

Go to: