Gatchamania.net
Register Memberlist Staff Search FAQ Arcade Calendar Gallery Filebase Forums Home  

Gatchamania.net »[Speak Up!] »General Discussion » Labor Day!!!
Print Page | Recommend to Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Pages (2): [1]  2  next »  Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page Labor Day!!!
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
gatchgirl
Babbling Loonie

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 08-03-2006

spacer
Big Grin Labor Day!!! Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator        IP Information Go to the top of this page

Just wanted to wish everyone a happy and safe Labor Day in the states. To those of you that don't celebrate this weekend I hope that it's a safe one none the less!

Wonder if G-Force ever had a Labor Day off?? Could be an interesting fanfic (possibly)!

Racer by day, Feather Thrower all the time!

No new posts 02-09-2006 17:03 gatchgirl is offline Send an Email to gatchgirl Search for Posts by gatchgirl Add gatchgirl to your Buddy List
Metaliant Metaliant is a Male
Gatchamaniac

I am an Eagle.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 06-06-2005

spacer
Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator        IP Information Go to the top of this page

I have heard of Labour or Labor Day but can't figure out what it's all about. Does this mean that nobody works on this day or is it something that only Americans can understand?

Also Gatchfirl, you forgot that G-Force is made of at least 3 different nationalities and a genetic engineered person, which meaqns only dMark would celebrate Labor Day, if it still exists in the G-Force universe and timeline.

Sorry if this sounds like a telling off or something but I am somewhere in the middle of mad and sane.

No new posts 03-09-2006 11:51 Metaliant is offline Send an Email to Metaliant Homepage of Metaliant Search for Posts by Metaliant Add Metaliant to your Buddy List MSN Screenname: The Legend
gatchgirl
Babbling Loonie

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

spacer
Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator        IP Information Go to the top of this page

I had thought of that Metaliant, but it would be rather interesting if the team had heard about it then wanting to be a pain demanded the day off.

No new posts 03-09-2006 12:12 gatchgirl is offline Send an Email to gatchgirl Search for Posts by gatchgirl Add gatchgirl to your Buddy List
Gatchamaniac

I am an Eagle.

0 fics uploaded

spacer

The same would be with Spectre.

No new posts 03-09-2006 18:31 Metaliant is offline Send an Email to Metaliant Homepage of Metaliant Search for Posts by Metaliant Add Metaliant to your Buddy List MSN Screenname: The Legend
Elvin Ruler Elvin Ruler is a Female
Forum God

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 09-01-2003

spacer

The IDEA was that people simply got a day off. Nice little three day weekend. Not so much anymore, except for small businesses, banks, and schools. Retail people like me have to work so that those who DID get the day off can shop. Tongue

No new posts 03-09-2006 20:07 Elvin Ruler is offline Send an Email to Elvin Ruler Search for Posts by Elvin Ruler Add Elvin Ruler to your Buddy List AIM Screenname: Elvnruler
gatchgirl
Babbling Loonie

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

spacer

There are a few perks of working in a factory, mind you, my company also worked on saturday so it still was only two days off, at least it's one more then what we have been getting

No new posts 03-09-2006 23:23 gatchgirl is offline Send an Email to gatchgirl Search for Posts by gatchgirl Add gatchgirl to your Buddy List
Springie Springie is a Female
Her Royal Fluffiness...Swan of Swans...

I am a Swan.

6 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 12-06-2006

spacer

Yeah! I'm looking forward to one more day of Summer freedom...then back to work...the kiddees start school on Tuesday, and I actually got my classroom ready in one week! I can't believe summer is over!!! WAH!!! Crying5

There is no problem that cannot be solved with time, patience, and a judicious amount of high explosives.

No new posts 04-09-2006 03:00 Springie is offline Send an Email to Springie Homepage of Springie Search for Posts by Springie Add Springie to your Buddy List YIM Screenname: Springie MSN Screenname: Springie
Gatchamaniac

I am an Eagle.

0 fics uploaded

spacer

quote:
Originally posted by Elvin Ruler
The IDEA was that people simply got a day off. Nice little three day weekend. Not so much anymore, except for small businesses, banks, and schools. Retail people like me have to work so that those who DID get the day off can shop. Tongue

sound like our Bank Holidays we have over in Britain, though there are several Bank Holidays throughout the year. New Years Day, Easter, April and/or May and finally the August Bank Holiday, which hasn't rained for a few years for me.

No new posts 04-09-2006 19:18 Metaliant is offline Send an Email to Metaliant Homepage of Metaliant Search for Posts by Metaliant Add Metaliant to your Buddy List MSN Screenname: The Legend
Gatchamaniac

I am an Eagle.

0 fics uploaded

spacer

quote:
Originally posted by Springie
Yeah! I'm looking forward to one more day of Summer freedom...then back to work...the kiddees start school on Tuesday, and I actually got my classroom ready in one week! I can't believe summer is over!!! WAH!!! Crying5

It still feels like summer in the West Midlands.

No new posts 04-09-2006 19:19 Metaliant is offline Send an Email to Metaliant Homepage of Metaliant Search for Posts by Metaliant Add Metaliant to your Buddy List MSN Screenname: The Legend

I am a Swan.

6 fics uploaded

spacer

Still very summer-like here, as well. Makes it hard to get into the "Back-to-school" spirit!!!Teacher

There is no problem that cannot be solved with time, patience, and a judicious amount of high explosives.

No new posts 04-09-2006 20:25 Springie is offline Send an Email to Springie Homepage of Springie Search for Posts by Springie Add Springie to your Buddy List YIM Screenname: Springie MSN Screenname: Springie
gatchgirl
Babbling Loonie

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

spacer

It has been getting pretty cool here at nights (around the high 50's to 60' mark) I don't mind fall as much but it's the really cold days that you can't easily call into work for that I dislike.

No new posts 05-09-2006 00:08 gatchgirl is offline Send an Email to gatchgirl Search for Posts by gatchgirl Add gatchgirl to your Buddy List
Elvin Ruler Elvin Ruler is a Female
Forum God

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 09-01-2003

spacer

Heh. If Texas waited until it was cool to start school up, it wouldn't start until mid-October. ^_^

No new posts 05-09-2006 00:22 Elvin Ruler is offline Send an Email to Elvin Ruler Search for Posts by Elvin Ruler Add Elvin Ruler to your Buddy List AIM Screenname: Elvnruler
Buffy Buffy is a Female
Boardie

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 25-07-2001

spacer

Word to the wise: Do not travel on Labor Day if you are leaving a beach town.

Additional word to the wise: BBQ Ribs is yummy for Labor Day.

"Spider sense....tingling."

No new posts 05-09-2006 02:13 Buffy is offline Send an Email to Buffy Search for Posts by Buffy Add Buffy to your Buddy List
gatchgirl
Babbling Loonie

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

spacer

Love the pic Buffy, also BBQ ribs are great but so is ham and bean soup.

No new posts 05-09-2006 21:17 gatchgirl is offline Send an Email to gatchgirl Search for Posts by gatchgirl Add gatchgirl to your Buddy List
Gatchamaniac

I am an Eagle.

0 fics uploaded

spacer

Yeah, nice pic Buffy. Do you mean BHQ (BarHamsterQue)

No new posts 06-09-2006 15:30 Metaliant is offline Send an Email to Metaliant Homepage of Metaliant Search for Posts by Metaliant Add Metaliant to your Buddy List MSN Screenname: The Legend
CricketBeautiful
Forum God

I am a Zark.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 04-04-2004

spacer

Yep, just like a bank holiday. Supposedly to honour the working person. Unions and workplace safety groups often choose it as their big day for picnics and parades.

Definitely chilly here. Kids both in school today. Means no more excuses for the pile of stuff I've been putting off since spring. Whhaaaaaah!!

BBQ. Yum. Ribfest was two weekends ago. Yum.

- Viktor E. Frankl

No new posts 06-09-2006 15:35 CricketBeautiful is offline Send an Email to CricketBeautiful Homepage of CricketBeautiful Search for Posts by CricketBeautiful Add CricketBeautiful to your Buddy List YIM Screenname: cricketbeautiful MSN Screenname: cricketbeautiful@hotmail.com
Buffy Buffy is a Female
Boardie

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 25-07-2001

spacer

I spent labor day driving back from Pensecola Florida surrounded by hung over, sun burnt, and dehydrated drivers going 90 miles an hour. Talk about finger-cramping.

Of course, when I got home I found grandmama had cooked ribs for "lupper". Hamster ribs. Yummmmmy. And then I got online and found an antisocial kitten in my inbox, so of course I brought her here.

I'm good about sharing and stuff. Learned that in kindergarten. Spin1

"Spider sense....tingling."

No new posts 07-09-2006 09:30 Buffy is offline Send an Email to Buffy Search for Posts by Buffy Add Buffy to your Buddy List

I am a Swan.

6 fics uploaded

spacer

Hey Buffy...sounds like you had a great time! Eek1 Heh. I love your avatar...it makes me laugh everytime I look at it...Lol

No new posts 07-09-2006 09:42 Springie is offline Send an Email to Springie Homepage of Springie Search for Posts by Springie Add Springie to your Buddy List YIM Screenname: Springie MSN Screenname: Springie
Gatchamaniac

I am an Eagle.

0 fics uploaded

spacer

Same here. My Uncle and Aunt had 2 cats and one died and bought a kitten. The funny thinbg, the other adult one is absoutely scared of the kitten and runs away whenever the kitten arrives in the room.

No new posts 07-09-2006 15:01 Metaliant is offline Send an Email to Metaliant Homepage of Metaliant Search for Posts by Metaliant Add Metaliant to your Buddy List MSN Screenname: The Legend
Gatchamaniac

I am an Eagle.

0 fics uploaded

spacer

quote:
Originally posted by CricketBeautiful
Yep, just like a bank holiday. Supposedly to honour the working person. Unions and workplace safety groups often choose it as their big day for picnics and parades.

Definitely chilly here. Kids both in school today. Means no more excuses for the pile of stuff I've been putting off since spring. Whhaaaaaah!!

BBQ. Yum. Ribfest was two weekends ago. Yum.

Bank Holidays as the name suggests is when Banks are closed on Mondays and Tuesdays and shops open on Sunday hours and public transport run on Sunday timetables. Lucky I don't work on the Bank Holiday Mondays.

No new posts 07-09-2006 15:03 Metaliant is offline Send an Email to Metaliant Homepage of Metaliant Search for Posts by Metaliant Add Metaliant to your Buddy List MSN Screenname: The Legend
[1]  2  next »  --> Members browsing this thread: none Pages (2): [1]  2  next » 
Post New Thread Post Reply
Rate Thread: 

very bad very bad 

very good very good 

Go to: