Gatchamania.net
Register Memberlist Staff Search FAQ Arcade Calendar Gallery Filebase Forums Home  

Gatchamania.net »[Speak Up!] »General Discussion » Regrets
Print Page | Recommend to Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page Regrets
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Firebird
Princess Firebird..... Goddess of Swannie Fics

I am a Swan.

63 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 01-07-2002

spacer
Sad Regrets Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator        IP Information Go to the top of this page

It is with regret that I must announce I will be disappearing from the boards. I wish I could say I would be back but the truth is I dont know. Unfortunately real life has a way of changing things and taking you away from what you enjoy and this is very much true in my case.

Five days ago my 18 yr old son had a stroke, thankfully he survived. However, he is paralysed down the right side and I now need to focus on helping him recover, at present docotrs are not sure how long this will take.

It has been wonderful being a member of Gatchamania and talking to you all and I do hope I will get to visit every now and then even if I dont always get time to post.

For now I wish you all the best and pray you will have long and happy lives.

Huggles

No new posts 29-08-2006 19:32 Firebird is offline Send an Email to Firebird Search for Posts by Firebird Add Firebird to your Buddy List AIM Screenname: Taishala YIM Screenname: taishala
meridianday meridianday is a Female
Galaxy Girl

I am a Devilstar.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 27-06-2001

spacer
Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator        IP Information Go to the top of this page

Oh my goodness! i do hope your son recovers, and I hope it's not too rough on you (I can only imagine how frightening and upsetting this must be).

I wish you all the best and hope to see your around whenever you get the chance.

Devilstar Mallanox : "My mother was Irish and my father was an alien. I was an only child and I dress funny." Devilstar

No new posts 29-08-2006 22:25 meridianday is offline Send an Email to meridianday Homepage of meridianday Search for Posts by meridianday Add meridianday to your Buddy List
gatchgirl
Babbling Loonie

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 08-03-2006

spacer
Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator        IP Information Go to the top of this page

My prayers are with you and your son for a speedy recovery. You will be missed and maybe someday you can return to all of us.

Grouphug Huggles back to you!!

Racer by day, Feather Thrower all the time!

No new posts 30-08-2006 00:40 gatchgirl is offline Send an Email to gatchgirl Search for Posts by gatchgirl Add gatchgirl to your Buddy List
Elvin Ruler Elvin Ruler is a Female
Forum God

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 09-01-2003

spacer

Count me in for prayers for you and your son.

Wishing you the best.

No new posts 30-08-2006 04:45 Elvin Ruler is offline Send an Email to Elvin Ruler Search for Posts by Elvin Ruler Add Elvin Ruler to your Buddy List AIM Screenname: Elvnruler
Metaliant Metaliant is a Male
Gatchamaniac

I am an Eagle.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 06-06-2005

spacer

I hope you and your son are and will be okay and please, pease come back and don't leave me her with these sane people Firebird.

No new posts 30-08-2006 14:23 Metaliant is offline Send an Email to Metaliant Homepage of Metaliant Search for Posts by Metaliant Add Metaliant to your Buddy List MSN Screenname: The Legend
Springie Springie is a Female
Her Royal Fluffiness...Swan of Swans...

I am a Swan.

6 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 12-06-2006

spacer

Oh, Firebird, I am so sorry to hear this news. I can't imagine what you're going through. I sincerely hope your son recovers quickly...he is so young! Just know that your "e-friends" here are here to support you whenever you need us! My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family...

There is no problem that cannot be solved with time, patience, and a judicious amount of high explosives.

No new posts 31-08-2006 00:48 Springie is offline Send an Email to Springie Homepage of Springie Search for Posts by Springie Add Springie to your Buddy List YIM Screenname: Springie MSN Screenname: Springie
CricketBeautiful
Forum God

I am a Zark.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 04-04-2004

spacer

Oh, FireBird, that is not what we want to happen to our kids.

Sending prayers across the ocean for you.

- Viktor E. Frankl

No new posts 31-08-2006 15:41 CricketBeautiful is offline Send an Email to CricketBeautiful Homepage of CricketBeautiful Search for Posts by CricketBeautiful Add CricketBeautiful to your Buddy List YIM Screenname: cricketbeautiful MSN Screenname: cricketbeautiful@hotmail.com
Cep Cep is a Male
Board Pirate

I am a Galactor.

Registration Date: 22-01-2004

spacer

I remember when my mother had her first stroke, she was paralysed down the left side and her lower spine collapsed on itself.

They said she wouldnt walk again but my mams up and about 3 strokes later, walking unsupported, cooking, going out and even driving!!.

I'm sure and I hope that your son makes a swift recovery FB and that you and your family will be alright in the days, weeks, months and years to come Grouphug

Gatchamania.net Administrator Gatch

No new posts 31-08-2006 16:00 Cep is offline Send an Email to Cep Homepage of Cep Search for Posts by Cep Add Cep to your Buddy List Add Cep to your Contact List AIM Screenname: cepeleon
Lux Lux is a Female

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 20-12-2004

spacer

I've been around here for a very short time, so I don't know very much, but I'm sincerly sorry for you and your son. But I'm sure that with your help and your support he'll fully recover.
Waiting to see you again here, I send you and your son a big kiss and a hug!

Baci (kisses)! Huggles

No new posts 31-08-2006 19:31 Lux is offline Send an Email to Lux Homepage of Lux Search for Posts by Lux Add Lux to your Buddy List
Madilayn Madilayn is a Female
Mistress of Ebil

I am a Swan.

24 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 01-02-2006

spacer

Firebird, you and your family are in my thoughts and prayers.

18 is far too young to have a stroke - I hope that your son has a speedy and full recovery.Giveflowers Grouphug

"When I'm old, I don't want them to say of me, "She's so charming." I want them to say, "Be careful, I think she's armed." -G. Stoddart

No new posts 01-09-2006 07:43 Madilayn is offline Send an Email to Madilayn Homepage of Madilayn Search for Posts by Madilayn Add Madilayn to your Buddy List
Lolabella Lolabella is a Female
Boardie

I am a Swan.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 05-04-2004

spacer

I think I can speak for the rest of the boardies when I say that you will be missed around here. But your focus is certainly understandable.

I pray that your son will have a swift recovery. My thoughts are with you as you face this challenge in your life.

No new posts 01-09-2006 14:36 Lolabella is offline Send an Email to Lolabella Search for Posts by Lolabella Add Lolabella to your Buddy List AIM Screenname: LolabellaG3
Members browsing this thread: none
Post New Thread Post Reply
Rate Thread: 

very bad very bad 

very good very good 

Go to: